General US Politics

Ansem

2 hours ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

Trump supporters still sticking with him and attacking anyone in news media that criticizes Trump.

As for living in a rural town, not in the US but I did where I'm from when I was a child. I've driven to a few rural areas in Texas to see what it's like... they really don't like the media and dislike how much negative press there is of Trump and no coverage of their struggles. I get that and I do feel sorry for those that were conned into voting for Trump but that doesn't extend to those with petty reasons like "because he gets a rise out of liberals" or take it out on immigrants (legal or illegal).

Probably not as common in real life as you'd think. Typically, it's highly concentrated in rural towns that have very few minorities. You generally don't understand why Fox News is bullshit if your social network is not very diverse.

2 hours ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

Fear doesn't justify racism. It shouldn't be a complicated matter, simply think how you'd like the way you're treating someone of a race you don't like if the positions were swapped.

Oh, but it absolutely does. It's really not worthwhile to keep harping over what people "should" or "should not" do but actually talk about what's going through the heads of these demographics.

For the record, I'm South Asian/Middle Eastern in terms of ethnicity, and my dad owned a restaurant serving that kind of food. My family and I have experienced plenty of racism. I also tend to see that minority groups act the same way towards other races as rural whites act towards people like us; shunning, looking down upon, and speaking with disdain. I'm not saying it's a reason to be racist, only that it's completely natural to talk down on something you're not familiar with, or to talk down on something when life is going tough for you. Life was pretty shit for us, too.

It's just jarring to see people clumping all trump supporters as if they're irredeemable. I'm speaking, again, from a demographic that probably would've gladly voted Trump if the Republican Party didn't actively try to isolate every Muslim ever since 2000. It's like wholly ironic that these two groups really hate each other -- because no two groups in this country are honestly more alike than Muslim-American immigrants and White Rural America. I mean, the immigrants' children generally value liberalism over traditions so they wouldn't go Republican, and that's because they've actually been exposed to American culture. The immigrants themselves aren't liberal at all. And yet, we defend them from verbal attacks from racist. That seems like a contradiction, no? Why tolerate the intolerant, after all?

For the record, at this point, I'm about to sound like I'm concern trolling. I'm not. I'm saying the problems are much deeper than racism. Put people to work, make them busy and get places to invest more into former blue collar towns for different industries and actually get growth. Get them healthcare. Their kids will grow up in a more reasonable spot with more promise and diversity and won't be hateful.

Having that said......  I'm pretty sure Obama offered the demographic retraining, and they didn't accept it, so I don't feel too bad for them.

I think the issue I'm having is that you're making these people sound like mini-Richard Spencers waiting for the right time to pounce, whereas I just see them as white people finally experiencing what it was like to be a poor minority. It's actually kind of fucked up to think of it like that. Minorities or city people or whatever like...  don't ever fucking go to these towns because there's nothing to do there that's worthwhile. I'm sure I can cite like 5 comedians who have made a joke about this, but like, there's not a lot going for them or their town and there's not a lot of reason for them to leave either.

I really just think it's a mix of ignorance and fear, and that fear might be better described as anxiety in some cases and fear in other cases. I'm not saying we should accept it, but I'm saying from personal experience, people and eventually their kids will eventually need to survive and begin to see past all the bullshit.

Edited by Lord Raven

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

it's because it was a black president

I think that is their main objection to Obama. If he is not black, he would not have his legacy dismantled and gutted like that.

9 hours ago, Lord Raven said:

Put people to work, make them busy and get places to invest more into former blue collar towns for different industries and actually get growth. Get them healthcare. Their kids will grow up in a more reasonable spot with more promise and diversity and won't be hateful.

Having that said......  I'm pretty sure Obama offered the demographic retraining, and they didn't accept it, so I don't feel too bad for them.

They also do not really care about Trump or the Republican Party making their lives better either. If they actually cared about themselves, they would have held their elected officials responsible when they are not investing back into their communities. Republicans have reduced healthcare and kept wages low. Republicans and Trump had 2 years to do something about updating our infrastructure and they have done nothing. Infrastructure is the least controversial thing and they should have gotten that out of the way first. Instead, the first thing they jumped at was to ruin healthcare and limit immigration. If Republican politicians are not getting their priorities straight, their voters definitely do not have it straight either since their politicians are a reflection of them.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I think that is their main objection to Obama. If he is not black, he would not have his legacy dismantled and gutted like that.

They also do not really care about Trump or the Republican Party making their lives better either. If they actually cared about themselves, they would have held their elected officials responsible when they are not investing back into their communities. Republicans have reduced healthcare and kept wages low. Republicans and Trump had 2 years to do something about updating our infrastructure and they have done nothing. Infrastructure is the least controversial thing and they should have gotten that out of the way first. Instead, the first thing they jumped at was to ruin healthcare and limit immigration. If Republican politicians are not getting their priorities straight, their voters definitely do not have it straight either since their politicians are a reflection of them.

Probably, but if Republicans manage to nominate a SCOTUS to overturn Roe and Obergefell and Trump does stuff about illegals (think ICE, so he's showing that he's doing something) and their lives still suck.. well you can only gaslight people so much before they fight back. The issue is the arrogance of our generation to grandstand when I literally have parents who were alive during the Civil Rights protests.

They didn't live in the US, sure, but don't expect that kind of sentiment to go away especially since the southern strategy and fox news rose not long after as backlash. This current situation is almost a continuation of the Nixon presidency, except that Nixon was much better at foreign policy.

And if they don't rise up, their kids sure as hell will. A lot of rural America's problems are that they have living conditions that are like... The white version of an inner city (drugs everywhere and people are losing or lost work -- there are still advantages to living in rural America, and it's not necessarily or entirely due to race). I'd be inclined to cite the boiling frog as an analogy, but Trump is beginning to get backlash from flip flopping this week and fellating Putin hard like Putin was his daddy, so clearly there are cracks. People's lives have not improved and continue to get worse.

I'm just seeing people in this thread complaining about these people due to racism and everything to that extent, but I've spent so much time re-evaluating my life experiences and concluded that racism is not a reason for grandstanding because even liberal "non-racists" say some really condescending racist shit. It's not like fixing racism will fix the issue of straight up polarization. Nothing can ever get done in the country if one side absolutely refuses to even try to accommodate another part of the country unless you want them to die off and have their kids be that much more spiteful.

13 hours ago, Lord Raven said:

For the record, at this point, I'm about to sound like I'm concern trolling. I'm not. I'm saying the problems are much deeper than racism. Put people to work, make them busy and get places to invest more into former blue collar towns for different industries and actually get growth. Get them healthcare. Their kids will grow up in a more reasonable spot with more promise and diversity and won't be hateful.

I think there is an "economic" and "social" emphasis side on the left-wing, and they don't always get along well at all. I'd like to think there are some policies that could help almost everyone. Some Trump supporters really are just too far gone and will never support progressivism. But they will probably stand to gain benefits regardless from it as well if rural white America actually feels as though the Democrats might do good for them. Economic populist ideas resonate with them. Most of rural America does not like free trade agreements because they have perceived it to have wrecked American job opportunities. Opioids can be considered a crisis, yet little is being done about it. Corporations get welfare cheques constantly even when they crash the economy but Bob doesn't get one when he is down on his luck or loses his job.

Trump tapped into these types of things, even if he was completely full of shit about them.

Edited by Edgelord

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:34 AM, eclipse said:

States count as US politics, right? :P:

Any of you guys listening to your local candidate's debates?  I just did, and I'm depressed.  One side is clueless, and the other side has the same style as Trump.

Is it wrong I don't want to? On one side is voldemort, the otherside is a very old man. And to cap it off my other sitting senator is the Spineless wonder. Other than that, super local isn't as tragic.

1 hour ago, Edgelord said:

I think there is an "economic" and "social" emphasis side on the left-wing, and they don't always get along well at all. I'd like to think there are some policies that could help almost everyone. Some Trump supporters really are just too far gone and will never support progressivism. But they will probably stand to gain benefits regardless from it as well if rural white America actually feels as though the Democrats might do good for them. Economic populist ideas resonate with them. Most of rural America does not like free trade agreements because they have perceived it to have wrecked American job opportunities. Opioids can be considered a crisis, yet little is being done about it. Corporations get welfare cheques constantly even when they crash the economy but Bob doesn't get one when he is down on his luck or loses his job.

Trump tapped into these types of things, even if he was completely full of shit about them.

They won't support the label, but they'll support the policy. See: ACA vs Obamacare.

They're not that far gone, at least. I really think the basket of deplorables thing -- as kinda right as she may have been (definitely isn't fully right) -- was absolutely the wrong way to go, just bc I'm seeing commentary in this thread lately that is very similar to a flubb that may have cost Clinton the election.

1 hour ago, Lord Raven said:

They won't support the label, but they'll support the policy. See: ACA vs Obamacare.

They're not that far gone, at least. I really think the basket of deplorables thing -- as kinda right as she may have been (definitely isn't fully right) -- was absolutely the wrong way to go, just bc I'm seeing commentary in this thread lately that is very similar to a flubb that may have cost Clinton the election.

I don't disagree. People have a visceral reaction when you label something as 'left' or 'liberal' even if they like the proposal before that.

I was thinking about the basket of deplorable comment myself - I believe Hillary said it was 50%. It ain't 50%, but I don't think there isn't at least some. But even they deserve healthcare, in my opinion. But like I said, split between economic and social left is why I think like you mentioned before that Hillary had such a majority of black and latinx voters over Bernie, who did better with younger people.

For stuff that I'm not too concerned about but is rather funny, Cohen had a tape seized that he secretly recorded. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/20/us/politics/michael-cohen-trump-tape.html

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-i-cant-believe-michael-would-do-this-with-me

Edited by Edgelord

14 hours ago, Lord Raven said:

I think the issue I'm having is that you're making these people sound like mini-Richard Spencers waiting for the right time to pounce, whereas I just see them as white people finally experiencing what it was like to be a poor minority. It's actually kind of fucked up to think of it like that. Minorities or city people or whatever like...  don't ever fucking go to these towns because there's nothing to do there that's worthwhile. I'm sure I can cite like 5 comedians who have made a joke about this, but like, there's not a lot going for them or their town and there's not a lot of reason for them to leave either.

I really just think it's a mix of ignorance and fear, and that fear might be better described as anxiety in some cases and fear in other cases. I'm not saying we should accept it, but I'm saying from personal experience, people and eventually their kids will eventually need to survive and begin to see past all the bullshit.

Let's make one thing clear: I'm not suggesting that we forget these people exist and that they shouldn't be taken care of and helped. I'm suggesting that Trump supporters still sticking with Trump at this time are very cultish and that it may be for the best to not waste time on them as far as discussing politics is concerned. Some will turn on Trump in due time, some will continue to support him but what I'm trying to say is what I said at the beginning:  I think you're underestimating how much of a cult a large portion of Trump base has been.

You're speaking of how Trump's approval will decrease as a recession occurs and that his poor policies and decision making will lead to his approval rating dropping. Logically speaking, that should be the case and that's what most of us would hope for because it is sad to see the country divided as it is and people supporting a man who's lying to them on a daily basis. If I were you though, I wouldn't hold my breath because a lot of them don't really stop to think and vote for what's best for them and their motivation for voting and their support of Trump and Republican leaders include:

1. Racism and partisan hate

2. Religion

3. Fear

And this is the stuff that right-wing propaganda and Republicans have been tapping into for years and they continue to do it daily. Many of them are that far gone and it is simply not worth it to reason with them while Republican have the control they currently enjoy and Trump is president. The best way to help these people is to get the Republicans out we all know that and waiting for them to wake up is not viable.

"Solving" racism won't stop all problems true but it removes a major component that corrupt politicians will weaponize to create and maintain their base. It should be an issue given greater importance so that the government can play a role in diminishing it and prevent future Trumps from dividing the people as he has.

17 hours ago, Hylian Air Force said:

It is, though. A lot of things had to change just for the supermajority of people to see other people as actual human beings. It's only been 150 or so years since black people became not property, but people. And it's been nearly 100 since women weren't property (figuratively). Fear is a very powerful motivator, and is the most primal of emotions, one that drives the existence of life. Without fear, things starve, thirst, or don't confront danger. Something that can unwittingly control you like that creates a lot of room for stupidity. It's less about seeing things in their POV, and more about making it less scary however possible. Fear is the main enemy of progress, otherwise our race would probably be further beyond than it is.

For a country that likes to tout it is the best and how tough they are, the US certainly seems to have some flaws that are easy pickings...

29 minutes ago, Edgelord said:

I don't disagree. People have a visceral reaction when you label something as 'left' or 'liberal' even if they like the proposal before that.

I was thinking about the basket of deplorable comment myself - I believe Hillary said it was 50%. It ain't 50%, but I don't think there isn't at least some. But even they deserve healthcare, in my opinion. But like I said, split between economic and social left is why I think like you mentioned before that Hillary had such a majority of black and latinx voters over Bernie.

For stuff that I'm not too concerned about but is rather funny, Cohen had a tape seized that he secretly recorded. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/20/us/politics/michael-cohen-trump-tape.html

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-i-cant-believe-michael-would-do-this-with-me

Hahah I saw that. Unfortunately, it kinda looks like we're well past the point where even if Trump loses these cases in court and gets penalized for illegal campaign contributions, he won't see any real consequence even though Bill Clinton got impeached for less... Well, there's still the July 26 deadline to see if Trump admin will see any consequence.

On the subject of "basket of deplorables" - Dumb move, plain and simple. It is literally free ammo for the opposition and it sets a precedent of favoritism for certain people as opposed among the "common folk" as opposed to being a champion for the common people of the country which is something that voters can get behind. 

@Mods: Forum software wouldn't let me edit, sorry for double post.

Speaking of racism. Luckily he's been offered his job back but yeah... Trump America.

CNN being stupid....

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

3 hours ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

Let's make one thing clear: I'm not suggesting that we forget these people exist and that they shouldn't be taken care of and helped. I'm suggesting that Trump supporters still sticking with Trump at this time are very cultish and that it may be for the best to not waste time on them as far as discussing politics is concerned. Some will turn on Trump in due time, some will continue to support him but what I'm trying to say is what I said at the beginning:  I think you're underestimating how much of a cult a large portion of Trump base has been.

You're speaking of how Trump's approval will decrease as a recession occurs and that his poor policies and decision making will lead to his approval rating dropping. Logically speaking, that should be the case and that's what most of us would hope for because it is sad to see the country divided as it is and people supporting a man who's lying to them on a daily basis. If I were you though, I wouldn't hold my breath because a lot of them don't really stop to think and vote for what's best for them and their motivation for voting and their support of Trump and Republican leaders include:

1. Racism and partisan hate

2. Religion

3. Fear

And this is the stuff that right-wing propaganda and Republicans have been tapping into for years and they continue to do it daily. Many of them are that far gone and it is simply not worth it to reason with them while Republican have the control they currently enjoy and Trump is president. The best way to help these people is to get the Republicans out we all know that and waiting for them to wake up is not viable.

"Solving" racism won't stop all problems true but it removes a major component that corrupt politicians will weaponize to create and maintain their base. It should be an issue given greater importance so that the government can play a role in diminishing it and prevent future Trumps from dividing the people as he has.

I'm pretty well aware of the culture status. Look through this thread and you'll see me arguing with the cult aspect. It's just not fair to generalize it as a cult, especially since some people are actually part of a cultist devotion (The_Donald) and their loyalty is much, much different than your average supporter. Regardless, I've seen all of that jingoism since I grew up in and lived in Trump country before Trump. These really aren't particularly new phenomena, and in all honesty I've hated the Republican Party because they've been doing this shit with significantly more subtlety than Trump for the last 40 years and many of my non-minority friends legitimately had no idea, didn't care or explained some of the subtle racism away until Trump came out and said it.

Regardless, those three reasons are why people can go for Clinton too. Muslims can easily check those three boxes off, black people can check off two of the three easily, etc. It's not that all of them do this, but there's a lot of anecdotes you can point to where those three factors or some variation of it in informing their vote. You really don't have to explain the systematic propaganda that goes through these people.

If racism is eliminated then someone will find some other shit to cause conflict between people. Conflict sells and conflict kills people so our resources can be more highly concentrated. That is honestly a shallow interpretation of racism and where it comes from. Otherwise, all I see is that you're complaining about a minority of people who support Trump.

Honestly I'm sorry for all of this aside but I just do not believe it is worthwhile or productive to talk about Trump supporters as if they were all brainwashed. Thats how this orange whale with tiny hands continues to thrive. I believe ultimately the government has colossally failed its people on all fronts and Trump is both a symptom and a result of all that. Government and public figures deserve verbal scrutiny like that but not necessarily civilians.

Edited by Lord Raven

So be it dude. Moving on

Let's play a little hypothetical...

In the matter of Michael Cohen, you have the 3 payments to Stormy Daniels, Karen McDugal and Shera Bechard. There's a theory going around that Elliot Broidy is covering for Trump and that the 1.8 million payed to Bechard (Karen got $150,000 while $130,000) a significantly larger amount than the other two because an abortion happened.

Now, let's pretend for a moment that this theory is correct and that we'll see it come out as the truth. Will the Republicans and Trump base, who claim to be the party of "christian values" and despise abortion, reject Trump or mostly accept it (voters) and take no  real action (leaders) like with this week?

This isn't targeted at Lord Raven, anyone can chime in.

EDIT: Supposedly, the plan was to shove the indictments in Putin's face so Trump would look strong but he caved

One reason Mr. Trump might have gone his own way and discarded the initial planning, a White House official said, is because he is seeking a better relationship between the U.S. and Russia.

Plausible on paper? maybe, but I don't think that's Trump's true motive.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

I mean do people honestly care about payments towards Trump's adultery outside of potentially being a campaign donation? I don't care about hypocrisy in voters, especially because these things are easily waived off as a character attack with no substance by some people, other people don't care, and politicians have enough of this going on in their own lives too such that if they snitch they're all pretty screwed. It's not hard to rationalize these as attacks made on Trump, since we're already 18 months deep into a pretty crazy presidency.

14 hours ago, Lord Raven said:

I mean do people honestly care about payments towards Trump's adultery outside of potentially being a campaign donation?

I honestly do not care about the adultery part. I will vote for a president based on his merit of being a president; they could be a virgin or have multitudes of venearal diseases, and it does not really affect how I see them.

I have a slight problem with the hush money. Normally, I would not care about that either, but I have a problem with the money paid during an election for political purposes, since i am not sure if he violated campaign finance laws in the way he handled it.

I would give Trump the benefit of the doubt and agree that it is just an ad hominem attack. Even if he did violate the law, if it is just a one time thing and it is strictly a personal matter, I would just give him a slap on the wrist and a fine, but nothing too major.

Edited by XRay

16 hours ago, Lord Raven said:

I mean do people honestly care about payments towards Trump's adultery outside of potentially being a campaign donation? I don't care about hypocrisy in voters, especially because these things are easily waived off as a character attack with no substance by some people, other people don't care, and politicians have enough of this going on in their own lives too such that if they snitch they're all pretty screwed. It's not hard to rationalize these as attacks made on Trump, since we're already 18 months deep into a pretty crazy presidency.

Trump has a gish gallop (look up the definition) of scandals that cover for his other scandals. Trump has done many things that would normally require attention for weeks. Personally, I really don't care about this.

The thing I truly have to roll my eyes about is that I've seen several people calling Sanders or Ocasio-Cortez a Russian asset at this point 18 months into the Trump presidency, and then people arguing back about it. If (read: probably) there truly was a concerted effort by Russian external forces for a disinformation spread and division tactics, I wonder if these people realise they would be playing right into it.

Edited by Edgelord

On 7/20/2018 at 9:19 PM, Lord Raven said:

I mean do people honestly care about payments towards Trump's adultery outside of potentially being a campaign donation? 

...CNN just released audio recording of Trump discussing the payments with attorney Michael Cohen...

Nothing on there that's going to sway public opinion--the guys who have been loyal to Trump up to this point are going to still be loyal to Trump. 

But purely for the purposes of putting a criminal case together: on that tape, when Cohen says that they're going to need to set up a shell company to "deal with their friend" and tells Trump he is going to have to fund it, Trump can clearly be heard saying "Pay in Cash."

The only people who "pay in cash" when  doing six-figure transactions are mobsters, pimps, and drug dealers.

Any legitimate businessman is going to be using a certified check or money order or directly wiring funds between business accounts, to make sure that the transaction is well-documented and that proof of payment is readily producible if--sayyyyyyyyy--the recipient of the funds turns around and sues you for non-payment. 

Paying in cash when you do a deal at that level means that the deal is so shady, you care more about making sure no one in the business of law enforcement and forensic accounting has a way of tracing the money back to you then protecting your own pecuniary interests.

The instruction to "pay in cash" is strong circumstantial evidence of knowledge and appreciation for the criminality of his conduct. And may be presented in Court as a factual basis for criminal intent.

Edited by Shoblongoo

9 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Nothing on there that's going to sway public opinion--the guys who have been loyal to Trump up to this point are going to still be loyal to Trump. 

You're right, but the part I wonder about is that it isn't going to sway people who weren't necessarily for or against Trump either. In the priority list of Trump shenanigans, as much as it is regrettable because there probably is something there that's not above the level, people will see it on the surface level as paying off women as a petty story and not much else. Stories like these don't seem to do much to break the Trump narrative.

Trump administration readies $12 billion payments in emergency aid to farmers who have been hurt by trade war. The trade war that is totally easy to win and going so well.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/white-house-readies-plan-for-12-billion-in-emergency-aid-to-farmers-caught-in-trumps-escalating-trade-war/2018/07/24/7bec9af4-8f4d-11e8-b769-e3fff17f0689_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5419b3486697

(let me just say that many of those republicans farmers that voted for Trump in their red states should say nothing about liberal welfare queens. Socialism in action, but mostly for Republican voters, courtesy of Donny boy.)

Edited by Edgelord

17 hours ago, Edgelord said:

(let me just say that many of those republicans farmers that voted for Trump in their red states should say nothing about liberal welfare queens. Socialism in action, but mostly for Republican voters, courtesy of Donny boy.)

Donny Boy my ass. That is courtesy of me and California, and they do not even have the civility to say "thank you." Talk about fucking rude as hell.

That is my tax dollars and California's money (and other Democratic states too, and I guess Texas). Who do they think contributes the most to the federal government's revenue to keep their infrastructure and social services up to date and running? Oh, that is right, these people barely have shit cause these people keep electing assholes who wipe their ass with my money instead of giving it to the people.

Republican voters have no shame when they are mooching off of Democratic voters, and to make things worse, they cannot even mooch properly.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-o...ury-1532622947

Chief Financial Officer of Trump Organization subpoenaed to testify before Grand Jury in criminal probe of Michael Cohen

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ussians-745123

Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump’s longtime personal attorney, is prepared to tell special counsel Robert Mueller that then-candidate Trump knew about and approved the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting

"If corroborated, this could become the backbone of a conspiracy to both commit the crimes Mueller is investigating and the cover-up. It will make Watergate look like a mere burglary.”

...Mueller's gettin' there...

Edited by Shoblongoo

June 3 2016 you have the infamous "I love it" from Trump Jr.

Tuesday June 7th, Trump announces that he'll give a speech about the Clintons

The Trump Tower meeting with the Russians took place on a Thursday, June 9th, 2016.

Trump knew, it's just political theater that we're seeing trying to peel off Trump's lies one by one to have the fact that he knew of the meeting proven in court and Trump Jr is next for perjury.

There's all this talk about how Cohen's a shitty lawyer and all but the fact is he works in law and he knows about perjury. Trump Jr on the other hand, is another moron.

EDIT: Poor misguided farmers

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

I am surprised our sanctions earlier did not already freeze most of Russia's American assets. They sold off most of their Treasury bonds, which gives me the impression that either they are going to do something questionable or they think our probe is getting close to their dirt.

Trump also got the balls to say that collusion is not a crime. What the fuck is he thinking? That just makes him look more suspicious, although I guess it does not really matter at this point since most people are either for him or against him and his words are not really going to sway anyone.

While I commend Trump for trying to deal with North Korea, it looks like a huge embarrassing failure at this point. They even resumed their progress on nukes.

Edited by XRay

@XRay Your second url is the same as the first.

Florida's flavor of Trump supporters

“Promises made, promises kept, that’s what this man does,” Huber added. “If he says he’s going to turn the moon purple I believe him.”

Anyone catch the Sacha Baron Cohen segment with Roy Moore? Beautiful.

Trump vs Koch is fun.

Giuliani's appearances on TV are fun.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

@Dr. Tarrasque Woops. Fixed it.

Cohen-Moore interview was hilarious. I feel a little bad for Moore though.

Not a huge fan of the Kock brothers, but I think I lean towards them more than Trump.

On 7/20/2018 at 4:43 PM, Dr. Tarrasque said:

Speaking of racism. Luckily he's been offered his job back but yeah... Trump America.

Honestly, that cashier deserved to be fired. As a company there's no tolerance to let your employees tell a customer that if you weren't at work and had met on the street, you would've beaten his ass.

25 minutes ago, Balcerzak said:

Honestly, that cashier deserved to be fired. As a company there's no tolerance to let your employees tell a customer that if you weren't at work and had met on the street, you would've beaten his ass.

Aside from the fact that the concept of deserving something has not been well-defined, I'll need a source on your claim here. I did read the article posted, and saw no such mentioning.

1 hour ago, expshare said:

Aside from the fact that the concept of deserving something has not been well-defined, I'll need a source on your claim here. I did read the article posted, and saw no such mentioning.

I believe he's referring to this bit:

"'You're lucky I'm at work, because if I wasn't, this wouldn't be happening, or you wouldn't be talking to me like this,'" recalled Rucker.

And I disagree with @Balcerzak on this one. On paper, I don't think Rucker (the employee in question) should have said that to a customer but I don't think straight up firing him should be the action to take here as it sets a precedent suggesting that work environments are places where these racist and bigoted fucks are able to do as they please. Racism and Bigotry deserves nothing less than push-back and it needs to fucking end, if there's anything that deserves oppression, it is racist and bigoted fucks like this Trump nut and the Nazis running for office.

As Jane Elliot said, you're not born a bigot, it is learned and you can unlearn it. The US is not where it should be on Racism.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

@Dr. Tarrasque Woops. Fixed it.

Cohen-Moore interview was hilarious. I feel a little bad for Moore though.

Not a huge fan of the Kock brothers, but I think I lean towards them more than Trump.

Oh wow he's actually saying that before Trump Jr gets pulled back to speak to Congress again because of Giuliani's antics? Please let Giuliani go on TV more often.

Why do you feel bad for Moore?

The Koch brothers led to Trump and now they reject him because some of his policies are more monstrous than what they'd pull. On the other side of the coin, it is amusing to see some of Trump's tweets actually containing truth as well as Steve Bannon going after GOP candidates taking Koch money. The intent behind it is of course to continue the Trump cult but the division happening with this brings more hope for the midterms.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque