H5 Warpskipping LTC (completed in 55 turns)

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will get the most kills?

• Marth
    • Caeda
    • Jagen
    • Hardin
  2. 2. Who will enter the most battles?

• Marth
    • Caeda
    • Jagen
    • Hardin

Since it doesn't look like I'm getting back to this anytime soon if ever I thought I would finally provide you guys with the battle statistics (and I can upload the epilogue, if you actually want to see it. It sure looks strange to see Swordmaster!Caeda talking to Marth during the cutscenes lol)

1) Caeda 38W 46B

2) Hardin 21W 29B

3) Jake 16W 21B

4) Marth 13W 31B

5) Jagen 11W 24B

6) Cain 10W 18B

7) Barst 5W 13B

I didn't bother writing anyone else up since they pretty much didn't do anything (next I think is Bord with like 3 kills or something). Again, ask if you're curious, or I can just upload the entire epilogue.

Edited by ruadath

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have fun Ruadath. But, since you can "easily" rig dodges, why not break the game and get some more cheesy turn counts? Just the lowest possible (even if it would be impossible in a normal run). Or make reliable strats with low turn count for the other chapters. Many of your chapters win by a crit, while a "regular" Shiida Wing Spear hit would've done the job too. Especially DracoKnight Hardin seems meh. But still.

I've thought a little bit further about what you said here, and I'm thinking that a 2-turn clear of Chapter 4 just might be possible. The idea would be that instead of using the "reliable" strats of the original playthrough for Chapters 1, 2, and 3, I could utilize extremely unreliable strategies (letting Gordin/Draug whoever burn RNs on houses ad infinitum) to let Marth get a bunch of crit-kills on EPs in these early chapters and get him some early levels.

It's surprising how much these early levels do for him; if Marth gets to level 4 (a bit of stretch, but by no means impossible if my calculations are correct), he can take all 4 hits from the Horsemen and still survive! And in fact, depending on the level of RNG abuse one is willing to do, it may be possible to get Marth's level to something like level 5, where they won't even be able to double him (assuming they round down speed)! He still has to take care of all the cavs that charge him, but a forged Rapier might make that possible to do without relying on crit kills.

Overall, it's still seems pretty unlikely that this is possible, but I guess my opinion on 2-turning Chapter 4 has now changed from "impossible" to "potentially barely plausible," and might be something worthwhile to investigate once I'm done with my current playthroughs (or for any of you guys who might be interested to investigate on your own; I certainly wouldn't mind!)

EDIT: Also, assuming a 2-turn clear of Chapter 4 is possible, I would wager that a 2-turn clear of Chapter 7 wouldn't be too far off (especially considering how much EXP Marth would get from killing all of the cavs in Chapter 4), which means that it might be possible to bring the total number of turns as low as 52!

Edited by ruadath

EDIT: Also, assuming a 2-turn clear of Chapter 4 is possible, I would wager that a 2-turn clear of Chapter 7 wouldn't be too far off (especially considering how much EXP Marth would get from killing all of the cavs in Chapter 4), which means that it might be possible to bring the total number of turns as low as 52!

Now, that sounds like the Ruadath that I know :) Welcome back! ;)

Thanks, lol. Assuming a lot of things which I'm too lazy to list right now work out (the most implausible at moment being picking up one of the Master Seals in Chapter 12, or purchasing it by hacking back the WiFi shop) it might be possible to save 1 more turn (bringing the total to 51 turns) as follows:

Ch. 10 (2 turns): warp Marth a turn early, he's probably strong enough to handle the PKs/DK at this point

Ch. 11 (1 turn): skip Jake, Jagen kills boss

Ch. 12 (2 turns): spend an extra Warp, pick up Boots (somehow get Master Seal as well, or buy from Online Shop)

Ch. 15 (2 turn): spend an extra turn just killing the boss with Marth (alternatively fly Boots!Caeda up to kill the boss); makes up for the loss of Warp earlier

Ch. 16 (1 turn): Boots promoted Caeda can reach the boss in 1 turn

Ch. 17 (1 turns): Boots promoted Caeda can kill the boss with a forged Javelin in 1 turn

Ch. 20 (3 turns): might be a bit tousher without Jake and DK!Hardin, but I'm sure a tough Marth can handle it.

But this is getting ahead of myself.

EDIT: A couple of points I was too lazy to list earlier but now feel motivated enough to do

- Without Jake, a 3rd warper is absolutely necessary. Thankfully, even deploying DK!Jagen in Chapters 5, 9, and 11, he just barely has enough (23) turns to hit C rank before it is necessary

- 2 turning Chapter 12 (assuming I don't pick up the Master Seal, and have someone pick up Boots) requires Marth to have 17 atk with the Levin Sword. So this means either this is going to become the really expensive forge of the game, or I'm probably going to have to rig Mag levels on Marth (sadness...) and it's still probably going to cost a lot of money.

- No Stonehoist forge means like 30k extra gold, so it won't be impossible to spend on a lot of other forges (which I think will probably be necessary) and the Master Seal from the Shop (I don't know how much that costs)

Edited by ruadath

• 2 months later...

IF you still had the Wifi shop available, do you think chapter 10 (not needing that Master Seal) could be done in two turns? One to warp Marth, one to seize after killing everything?

Also, didn't you promise a 3 turn Ch4? I believe you could get that over Merric recruit. Maybe a 2 turn also, with EXTREME luck? Any other chapters that might improve in EXTREME ways?

Yeah, that's what the "Take 2" thread is about. It should be possible to shave 2 turns from Chapter 4 and 1 turn from Chapter 7 with massive RNG abuse. If you use the WiFi shop and you managed to do the previous 2, I imagine that chapter 10 should follow easily as well. And finally, if you use the clone glitch, then you can shave off one more from Chapter 20. So 50 turns should be possible... once I find the motivation to get back to this.