H5 Warpskipping LTC (completed in 55 turns)

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will get the most kills?

• Marth
    • Caeda
    • Jagen
    • Hardin
  2. 2. Who will enter the most battles?

• Marth
    • Caeda
    • Jagen
    • Hardin

When I get some free time (likely not very soon), I'm thinking of potentially running an LTC of FE11 on Merciless difficulty, aiming for sub 85 60 turns (with true ending, of course). I'll be doing a reasonable amount RNG manipulation to really reduce my turncounts, though I'll try to minimize it where possible. However, I'm not extremely familiar with this game, so I'll probably be asking you guys for input as I go along.

Tentatively, my plan is to 5 turn Chapter 1; I plan on skipping having Marth grab the 10,000G village (unless anyone thinks this is a terrible idea, it saves two turns). but grabbing Wrys (warp user).

For the overall campaign, I will roughly follow dondon's Warpskipping strategy list that is available somewhere on this forum a new warpskipping strategy developed primarily by Gradivus.

[spoiler=Videos and Turn Counts]Chapter 1 (5 turns)
Chapter 2 (4 turns)

Chapter 3 (5 turns)

Chapter 4 (4 turns)

Chapter 5 (4 turns)

Chapter 6 (2 turns)

Chapter 7 (3 turns)

Chapter 8 (2 turns)

Chapter 9 (1 turn)

Chapter 10 (3 turns)

Chapter 11 (2 turns)

Chapter 12 (2 turns)

Chapter 13 (2 turns)

Chapter 14 (2 turns)

Chapter 15 (1 turn)

Chapter 16 (1 turn)

Chapter 17 (1 turn)

Chapter 18 (1 turn)

Chapter 19 (1 turn)

Chapter 20 (3 turns)

Chapter 21 (1 turn)

Chapter 22 (1 turn)

Chapter 23 (1 turn)

Chapter 24 (1 turn)

Chapter 24x (1 turn)

Chapter 4 - w/ Merric (4 turns)

And a link to the entire playthrough

Edited by ruadath

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're not going to get sub 85 turns with that old warp list lol

i'm not sure if you can get sub 85 turns with full recruitment. i have 92 projected turns with a new 0% run and i can envision the following reductions with growths and absurd luck:

chapter 1: 8 > 5, skip both villages

chapter 3: 6 > 5, skip devil axe

chapter 10: 7 > 6 using a stronger dracoknight

chapter 11: 3 > 2 using a stronger marth

chapter 20: 3 > 2 using a stronger marth and a ridiculous lena

so that would put you at 85 turns exactly. any further reductions involve completely rearranging the warp uses.

I believe Aquilae cleared H5 in 99 turns, and he had very high turn counts for the initial chapters (something like 11 for Chapter 1, 10 for Chapter 2).

chapter 1: 8 > 5, skip both villages

chapter 3: 6 > 5, skip devil axe

chapter 10: 7 > 6 using a stronger dracoknight

chapter 11: 3 > 2 using a stronger marth

chapter 20: 3 > 2 using a stronger marth and a ridiculous lena

Don't you want to visit the second village in Chapter 1 to get Wrys (for warp purposes)?

no, Lena and Boah do all the warp you need.

I bet you're not aiming for full recruitment, so you can 4-turn C2 and only use one warp each map before C12 (Marth is the bosskiller mostly, you'll get 2-turn clears).

Edited by Gradivus.

Yep, not aiming for full recruitment...

Hmm..., I probably still want Excalibur (Merrick) though, right? (not too familiar with FE11 myself, sorry)

Edited by ruadath

no, C4 takes 2 turns more with him and he or excalibur don't save any.

Edited by Gradivus.

he's warpskipping, so he's probably aiming for an RNG-abused 2-turn (as long as the Cavs pull sub-100 hit against Marth?), with Merric it takes 4 turns.

True, though I think Jake will be pretty crucial by saving warp uses (which are net turn shaves) in various chapters where he can OHKO bosses with crits (12, 16, 17, 17x, 22, F), otoh the benchmarks for the C16-C17x bosses look like a pain (36 Atk for C16, the others are slightly lower, but above 30). A big stonehoist forge along with both energy drops is probably required, and for the late bosskills, the Pachyderm should be obtained (C20 done in 1 turn, Sniper!Shiida recruits Lorenz and snipes the Ballistician with the C17x Longbow) and forged. I can actually envision a bunch of 1-turn clears for lategame depending on how many warp uses remain.

Edited by Gradivus.

Wow guys, you sure are putting a lot more planning into this than I am, lol. But I'm very happy to hear all of your advice! When (if) I finally get around to doing this, I'll be sure to take into account all of it!

• 1 month later...

I have no idea if it's possible or not; it was just a thought. But in any case, I won't get around to doing this for a long, long time (have to finish all the FE7 stuff first).

And even then, it might make more sense to do a run on H1 first... (both for testing purposes and the fact that its more practical)

You can 5-turn H1 C1, I just did it.

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4119/pyhqmbui_png.htm

I ended up sacking Cain (probably a positioning mistake that can be alleviated, but killing units off might be a good idea for C17x), and the exp distribution is super sloppy.

- Jagen ends turn 1 on the fort, silver lance equipped. Marth fullmoves onto a forest tile, gets attacked by a Pirate and should dodge (56 disp). Everyone else stays out of enemy range, but moves towards the gate.

- Turn 2, Marth moves 5 left and 1 down. Cain moves 1R1U of him, Jagen 1L1D. Shiida kills the Pirate that attacked Jagen, Draug and Gordin take on the one Marth pulled. EP, Cain and Marth get attacked by one Pirate each. Jagen by two I think.

- Turn 3 (I'm not sure if I recall this turn correctly), Abel and Cain kill a pirate in front of Marth. Shiida kills one that attacked Jagen, Gordin+Draug kill Cain's one iirc. Marth fullmoves, Jagen moves onto the fort. Gordin gets hit on EP by a pirate, and one of the cavs by the hunter, I think Abel since Cain wasn't in range iirc. Jagen hits a Pirate.

- Turn 4, Jagen moves next to the boss. Marth moves through the mountain. Cain moves 1L of the fort and finishes a Pirate, Abel onto the tile below it. Jagen hits the boss with silver on EP, Cain is attacked by 2 pirates and a hunter and dies, but this can probably be prevented by putting Abel below Cain rather than below the fort.

- Turn 5, Abel attacks the boss so Jagen can finish off. Shiida gets a kill, Marth seizes.

Shiida can replace Abel for the boss chip I think, so sacking either of the Cavs is probably unnecessary. Perhaps you can somehow sell Doga's and Gordin's stuff in favor of a Javelin.

Edited by Gradivus.

Even though that seems appealing, the pirates NEVER want to charge at Marth if they can go for Jagen the first turn. So that would be incredible luck based. They even didn't want to attack him without weapons... :( Even when I put Draug there, they just slash away at Jagen (which isn't to bad).

Main problem will become the Hunter. But with a luck crit. he will die to Marth. Then I need to be a bit lucky with dodging. Still, the last two pirates will posse a big threat to both Marth and weakend Jagen. With your strategy a 6turn (without visiting any villages) will be possible for sure. But I don't think Ch2 will be "easy" without the healing of Wyrs. You did Ch2 already? How did it go?

You should definitely make some video's of this strats :)

I wasn't really starting a run, just got interested in trying a C1 5-turn. I didn't save the file either. H1 C2 can be 4-turned without Wrys though, speaking from draft experience. Might require meatshields though.

Edited by Gradivus.

I have also now obtained (several!) 5 turn clears of Chapter 1, varying in reliability. Unlike Gradivus, I didn't project Jagen, but rather used him to drop most of the enemies to ~5 HP so that Cain, Caeda, and Abel could kill them without getting countered and therefore staying at or near full HP. Gordin and Draug (and sometimes Marth/Javelin!Abel) were essential for chipping when Jeigna wasn't available.

Both Caeda and Cain got levels with Str/Spd procs, and then, depending on the reliability of the strategy, I had the three of them chip at the boss (since they could all take hits) and had Jeigan finish with Silver Lance, or alternatively relied on a Wing Spear crit to finish him if I want to give Caeda more EXP (although this obviously requires knowing RNG stuff in advance).

EDIT: On H1, I suppose I should clarify! I should also note that on every run I reset until Caeda crit-killed the thief on turn 1 (for more EXP)

Edited by ruadath

LOL. Yeah, I figured you weren't playing on H5. On H5 the enemy pirates will have 25/26 HP. So when Jagen hits with his Silver Lance, the enemies will be left with 10/11 HP. This means they are impossible to kill in one hit with anyone but Silver Lance Jagen.

Gordin does 9HP with his Steel Bow. Draug does 9HP with a Javelin, but he has around 59 displayed hit. He can/should hit though. With his Iron Lance he does 8HP damage, with 77 displayed hit. Shiida can do 2x 7damage (Wing Spear) or 2x 5damage (Iron Lance).

Abel/Cain/Marth can take 2hits. They die at the 3th. Shiida can only take a single hit. She faces 94 hit, so its not likely she will dodge anything. Draug is most durable, but worst movement. Gordin can survive one hit, but will be doubled with his Steel Bow equiped.

The diversion that DD151 shows in his 0% growth video seems rather vital, or the Hunter might attack you at the wrong moment. I believe the Hunter will double anyone but Jagen(and Shiida, but she dies in a single hit). He is easily killed though.

I think the 5turn that Gradvius used is only possible with a unit sacrificed. So if you can, make it Draug that dies. Draug isn't useful after ch1 anymore anyway. So try to make him lure massive enemies, while the cavs and Marth run away from them. In a 5turn it might be impossible to get Wyrs though… And I think Wyrs will be vital to get the Hammerne staff in Ch20/early warp clears.

Edited by SSJDennis

I think the 5turn that Gradvius used is only possible with a unit sacrificed. So if you can, make it Draug that dies.

I thought I just said that I have several clears without sacrificing anyone?

The diversion that DD151 shows in his 0% growth video seems rather vital, or the Hunter might attack you at the wrong moment. I believe the Hunter will double anyone but Jagen(and Shiida, but she dies in a single hit). He is easily killed though.

Jagen aggro'd the Hunter on turn 2, smashed him down to 2 HP on turn 3, and Marth killed him.

Edited by ruadath