[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heya, was wondering if it's all right with the team if I (eventually) post a video tutorial on how to patch FE:IF with Gateway? I know some people who were having trouble doing it with all the different terms and softwares and whatnot. And I won't be promoting piracy or anything in the video, so don't worry about that since I know that's no doubt an issue. I'll also be sure to give proper credit as well. If there's any other specifications you'd like to make before I do anything, please do! Again, thanks for all your effort you put into this! Us Fire Emblem fans all appreciate it very much <3

Heya, was wondering if it's all right with the team if I (eventually) post a video tutorial on how to patch FE:IF with Gateway? I know some people who were having trouble doing it with all the different terms and softwares and whatnot. And I won't be promoting piracy or anything in the video, so don't worry about that since I know that's no doubt an issue. I'll also be sure to give proper credit as well. If there's any other specifications you'd like to make before I do anything, please do! Again, thanks for all your effort you put into this! Us Fire Emblem fans all appreciate it very much <3

Of course! Thanks!

If you can find someone to create a custom cia for you, however, we can give you the untested IK files. They're all DONE, but not tested. (BrunhildeKnight and I translated it all)

I can decrypt/extract/repack up the DLC CIA if you have the translated files for me to test with. I'll just have to play to the selection point, not there yet.

Edited by IcySon55

One more question! I saw linkmstr's patched endgame video on YouTube. But I noticed none of the epilogues or character titles were translated. Will this be included in the upcoming patch or is that a long ways from now?

Edited by Anna-FTW

EDIT: Well, I fixed my original problem (i used ctrtool instead of RomFS Extractor, and that's why the character sprites on the field and the talk portraits weren't showing up), but now I have another question.

Is there anyway to download the DLC campaigns (the third path and the Hoshido path for Conquest/Nohr path for Birthright) using HANS and the *Hax 2.5 method? I can get the game running just fine, I just want to know if downloading the DLC campaigns is possible. I'm currently using a US New 3DS on version 10.3 if that affects anything.

Edited by amircury

EDIT: Well, I fixed my original problem (i used ctrtool instead of RomFS Extractor, and that's why the character sprites on the field and the talk portraits weren't showing up), but now I have another question.

Is there anyway to download the DLC campaigns (the third path and the Hoshido path for Conquest/Nohr path for Birthright) using HANS and the *Hax 2.5 method? I can get the game running just fine, I just want to know if downloading the DLC campaigns is possible. I'm currently using a US New 3DS on version 10.3 if that affects anything.

You can't get the DLC campaigns either as your 3DS is not Japanese and your firmware is not on <9.2

Edited by thedude28

Release date is sometime today, I'm so excited!

Anticipation!

>>> Is there anyway to download the DLC campaigns (the third path and the Hoshido path for Conquest/Nohr path for Birthright) using HANS and the *Hax 2.5 method? I can get the game running just fine, I just want to know if downloading the DLC campaigns is possible. I'm currently using a US New 3DS on version 10.3 if that affects anything.

10.3 sysnand or emunand? I got it on my US N3DS by upgrading then downgrading and using Gateways Emunand / sysnand injection utility. >>> Also spoofing my firmware to bypass the system update helped too. I got all 3 path's, online & DLC running on my N3DSXL Majora's Mask Edition.

post-20118-0-91116100-1451590631_thumb.jpg

Edited by DJFreyaPony

One more question! I saw linkmstr's patched endgame video on YouTube. But I noticed none of the epilogues or character titles were translated. Will this be included in the upcoming patch or is that a long ways from now?

The stuff in the credits? Probably gmap. We have that on low priority, it'll be some of the last things to be translated, probably.

Edited by luyairis

10.3 sysnand or emunand? I got it on my US N3DS by upgrading then downgrading and using Gateways Emunand / sysnand injection utility. >>> Also spoofing my firmware to bypass the system update helped too. I got all 3 path's, online & DLC running on my N3DSXL Majora's Mask Edition.

Based on what I looked up regarding those terms (I had no idea what sysnand and emunand meant), if sysnand means what I think it means (the version is running off your console instead of the SD card or something), I believe I'm running 10.3 sysnand.

And if I'm correct, there's no way to use Gateway on 10.3, right? Or is there still a way to do this whole DLC business? Again, I'm running smealum's homebrew (browserhax to be specific), if that helps/hurts anything.

Edited by amircury

Based on what I looked up regarding those terms (I had no idea what sysnand and emunand meant), if sysnand means what I think it means (the version is running off your console instead of the SD card or something), I believe I'm running 10.3 sysnand.

And if I'm correct, there's no way to use Gateway on 10.3, right? Or is there still a way to do this whole DLC business? Again, I'm running smealum's homebrew (browserhax to be specific), if that helps/hurts anything.

I would very much like to know if this is possible on a 9.9 us 3dsxl majoras mask edition and what would I need to make it happen?

Gateway is pretty close to supporting FW 10+ in sysnand from what they said on the 3.6.1 release. Until then you cant do anything but wait.

Sysnand is your fine china you keep on a shelf to look at and never use.

Emunand is the paper-plates you use daily and don't really care about cuz if they break you can always get a clean one.

^ good analogy! +1 points

Gateway is pretty close to supporting FW 10+ in sysnand from what they said on the 3.6.1 release. Until then you cant do anything but wait.

Sysnand is your fine china you keep on a shelf to look at and never use.

Emunand is the paper-plates you use daily and don't really care about cuz if they break you can always get a clean one.

^ good analogy! +1 points

Ah. So, once this new version of Gateway comes out, would that allow me to download the DLC (probably with some other things downloaded alongside it)? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I'm understanding you right. Heheh.

Ah. So, once this new version of Gateway comes out, would that allow me to download the DLC (probably with some other things downloaded alongside it)? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I'm understanding you right. Heheh.

Maybe.

If a version of the GW menu does come out that supports the latest system menu version, there's a lot you'll be able to do, and a lot more if you have a gateway itself. But there's no promising anything, so don't jump any guns.

Maybe.

If a version of the GW menu does come out that supports the latest system menu version, there's a lot you'll be able to do, and a lot more if you have a gateway itself. But there's no promising anything, so don't jump any guns.

Note that this currently only works for systems up to sysnand firmware version 9.2, but we are working on that!

That’s right! We can already reveal another surprise that is coming SOON: We will be bringing Gateway support to systems that are on the current LATEST FIRMWARE: 10.3 and lower.

^ As for if it supports N3DS's.... I dunno...

Welp. Someone who's been with gateway should know better. Gateway's SOONâ„¢ could possibly mean a year or half of it or whatever. N3DS will only still be limited to 9.5 emunand unless they get a way to get the new keys.

Yeah theres a new exploit thats being worked on to downgrade if you're above 9.2 and gateway is working on >9.2 support too. Now how long either is going to take we'll have to see. The important thing is to not update above current firmware just in case.

I think I'm still going the built cia method myself, hopefully someone will do it soon after release, and I'll do nohr/hoshido in the meantime.