[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What on earth do you need a 200GB SD card in your 3ds for? Does it even support ones that big?

You don't need to mess around with a hex editor. You just need a 3ds, a JP copy of the game, and some way to launch Homebrew (the SD card that comes with your 3ds should be plenty big enough).

Hex editors are free anyway, though...

Oh a 200GB SD Card/Micro? Just a Preference.

since I thought the tutorial video said that you need a Hex Editor for if/Fates ENG Translation Patch for it In order to work.!

(Sorry for spams, since dunno why the loading for posting is like that

Edited by Integrity

Maybe with some methods, you do. I don't think Hans needs much more than your decrypted romfs and the patch.

If you already have the SD card, give it a try. It's unnecessary, though, and ones that big are a little spendy.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Don't suppose anyone else is encountering a black screen when trying to launch the game after patching? I followed the instructions to a t and I'm not having any luck with it.

Ok I spent some time trying to get it to work. Are you accessing homebrew through menuhax or browserhax? I went through the steps of setting up ironhax and it worked first try after that. I'd suggest that if that's not already what you're using.

I don't know if it's a common or random problem, but I can't access the supports in the museum with the new patch too (the option is greyed out, even though I unlocked a lot of them) and I just tried to revert back to the 2.2, but they're still unavailable.

I don't know if it's a common or random problem, but I can't access the supports in the museum with the new patch too (the option is greyed out, even though I unlocked a lot of them) and I just tried to revert back to the 2.2, but they're still unavailable.

I installed the game as a CIA file and I'm not having this issue. I'm also using CFW.

EDIT: I can't see Hinoka and Nishiki's S support :c

Edited by Rum47

This isn't actually a bug. The support data is wiped, is put somewhere else. So you gotta unlock them again.

So what is exactly untranslated at this point?
From my knowledge all story lines are now translated, items skills etc. just some supports missing, and dlc and subs on scenes?

What priority does the rest of the dlc have? all I care about

I have a US 3DS XL - 7.2 Firmware - No Gateway Cart. I have RX Tools Emunand Setup already as per instructions from page 1 link - http://pastebin.com/x8QuNKjq

Currently I'm stuck on making Xorpads - I'm being referred in the instructions to use Decrypt 9 to create those Xorpad from the ncchinfo.bin file.

How do I run Decrypt9 on my 3DS system? Thanks.

This isn't actually a bug. The support data is wiped, is put somewhere else. So you gotta unlock them again.

That's what I tried. I activated some supports unread until now and the function is still greyed out, like if no matter how much supports I've unlocked there's none done yet (or at least, I can't get an access to this part of the museum for now).

Edit: After reading a "new" one (a C level), it unlocks the Supports part in the museum... but only for these newly read supports.

I also tried to achieve an S Support for a test but it didn't unlocked the C->A supports of this relationship, so it is completely absent from the supports data, meaning that in this savefile, the supports already begun will never appear there (?).

Edited by Hrist

I got the English translated DLC for Invisible Kingdom to work on the Gateway, if you need help just message me and I will tell you how I got it to run! :)

Greatly appreciated if you could post the method (without posting any links) here.

Edit: Or you can PM me, if you'd like.

Edited by Linkmstr

I got the English translated DLC for Invisible Kingdom to work on the Gateway, if you need help just message me and I will tell you how I got it to run! :)

Hey I would also be interested to know how to get it to work on Gateway!

Post or PM how you did it? Please? haha

Thanks!

Still getting stuck actually getting into the game I'm running gateway 3ds on ver9.2.0 of my old3ds usng the .3ds patched game and getting stuck at 3ds logo screen.

I've tried installing homebrew menuhax on my 3ds and then tried installing cakesfw which doesn't really work with gateway and also been using ntr cfw before opening the 3ds game and nothing changes I've been doing this for 2 days on and off I really want to get this working thanks in advance to any help and advice!

I have a US 3DS XL - 7.2 Firmware - No Gateway Cart. I have RX Tools Emunand Setup already as per instructions from page 1 link - http://pastebin.com/x8QuNKjq

Currently I'm stuck on making Xorpads - I'm being referred in the instructions to use Decrypt 9 to create those Xorpad from the ncchinfo.bin file.

In the decrypt9 download, there should be a Launcher.dat just like the one used to run the Gateway menu- put the Gateway one somewhere safe, put that one where it used to be, and then run the browser exploit like you normally would. It'll launch decrypt9 instead, and if you made ncchinfo.bin properly and put it in the right place, it'll make the xorpads and leave them on your SD card.

Ignore decrypt9. If you have rxTools setup, use rxTools to generate the xorpads.

Boot into the rxTools menu, theres an option to generate xorpads. takes a while, but at the end of it you will end up with the 'pads.

Refer to this picture for the options : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/28/1436719144-rxtool.jpg(think it relates to 2.6 version of rxTools)

Also, make sure your SD card is big enough (at least 8gb would be good)

Still getting stuck actually getting into the game I'm running gateway 3ds on ver9.2.0 of my old3ds usng the .3ds patched game and getting stuck at 3ds logo screen.

I've tried installing homebrew menuhax on my 3ds and then tried installing cakesfw which doesn't really work with gateway and also been using ntr cfw before opening the 3ds game and nothing changes I've been doing this for 2 days on and off I really want to get this working thanks in advance to any help and advice!

I have it running on gateway only (just the patched .3ds), no need for cfws (unless you are doing the ik patch thing..which I still haven't figured out either)

All I can suggest is possibly to re-dump your game cart, and patch that fresh copy, and try again.. also, delete icon.bin from the patch directory before patching your game.

huh if all i need is gateway to play the game then that's a load off my back although I'm only using a .3ds patched version of the game that a friend gave me he has the game. I thought that's all i needed since i've been able to play .3ds games from gateway before (example awakening and so on). But from what I've listed is there anything else that I'm missing?

huh if all i need is gateway to play the game then that's a load off my back although I'm only using a .3ds patched version of the game that a friend gave me he has the game. I thought that's all i needed since i've been able to play .3ds games from gateway before (example awakening and so on). But from what I've listed is there anything else that I'm missing?

Seems like you have everything. If your friend can run it then the .3ds file is good, maybe try updating emunand? I can't think of any other reason why it wouldn't work. What version of Gateway are you using? Could also try updating to the latest version (3.6 I think..)

Atm I have my patched .3ds running on Gateway (no CFWs) on n3DS emunand 9.0, o3DS emunand 9.5, so it defs works... *but* I did have to delete icon.bin before patching. I couldn't get it to run with the icon.bin in the patch....I don't know why, and it drove me nuts.

As a very last resort maybe start afresh - get a new SD card, set up a new emunand, update emunand etc and try again.

I've never heard of emunand is that the firmware version of the 3ds

emunand = the emulated system firmware (which runs off the SD card) - you use gateway while using emunand - it is in this mode that you can press select and have all your roms pop up etc

(sys)nand = the firmware actually on the 3DS

I think we need to back things up a bit - take a look at this guide on how to properly set up your gateway http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/286487-3DS-N3DS-Gateway-Ultra-Guide

Or check the gateway zip file - I think they have a new PDF guide thats a lot clearer than it used to be!

Try setting up the gateway as per the guide/as below and see if FE:if will work for you.

Briefly [assuming v4.x firmware on the 3DS] -

1) use an R4 (blue card that came with the gateway) in your 3DS to run gwinstall.nds

2) get a new SD card (as the next few steps will wipe data) and copy launcher.dat onto it, insert SD into 3DS, put your main gateway cart into 3DS, including microSD with your FE:if .3ds file on it

3) start 3DS, go into settings, other settings, profile, DS profile and hold L - you hsould now be into the gateway menu

4) select "format emunand"

5) repeat step #3, except this time don't hold L - you should now boot into emunand

6) go to settings, check that version number begins with GW3Dxxxxx, if it does, proceed to update your firmware (without exiting settings app)

7) after update the 3DS will probably tell you to restart, so turn off and do step 3 again, without holding L

8) when you get into emunand press select when the cursor is over the cart icon on the homscreen, and the gateway rom list should appear. select your game by pressing A, it should appear as the inserted cart. start and play game as normal.

Sorry, I know this post is a bit off topic as its not really relating to the FE:IF translation patch per se...

Anyway, LLH, if you still cant get gateway set up its prob best to enquire on other forums since I do not want to stray any further off topic.