[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signed to say thanks for all the hard work

For the people that have problems with the supports wipping out in the museum, I have found a way to keep them.

First, I had the problem when I installed a .cia version of the game to play with the CFW the third route, after always having played until that moment with a .3ds version in gateway mode. I had the game in the card1 version by the way

The problem happens because the supports (and the first 3 saves slots) are stored in the rom, meaning that when you change from .3ds to .cia you can keep playing with the saves stored in the SD but not the ones saved on the rom nor the supports, so basically, the supports and the first 3 saves slots works like a save from a card2 game

The solution works like this:

you need to have:

savedatafilter installed in your emunand

have your emunand in gateway mode

a .3ds version of the game to load with gateway

a .cia version of the game installed

Once you have all of this prepared, press select and select your .3ds version of the game, but don't enter in it. You only want to have the game loaded in your emunand.

Then, enter savedata filter. You should see in the User tab "CTR Card" you want to press Y on it to import it to the SD, then go to SD tab and you should see the save with the id of the game (00012de, or something like that). You want to press R+A on it, so this save is stored in the SD.

Once you have all done, you should be able to see all of your supports from the .3ds version in your .cia version of the game . BUT CAREFUL! This will replace the supports alonside the the three first save slots you have in the .cia version, meaning if you are like me and have progressed a bit on the third route, all of your supports will be wiped out, so at the end it's a matter of choice. I didn't have many new supports done, so I decided to replace with the supports I had on my .3ds version.

Also, this works the other way around, you can have all the supports from your .cia version in your .3ds, in the case you want to play the game again with your gateway again for whatever reason.

Hi here ! ^^

It's very nice to you to translate this game for us ^^

But I would like to know if it's normal that the first support dialogues available on the Chapter 6/7 like the Support Dialogues between Aqua and Kamui ?

Thanks for a futur answer ! ^^

Signed to say thanks for all the hard work

For the people that have problems with the supports wipping out in the museum, I have found a way to keep them.

First, I had the problem when I installed a .cia version of the game to play with the CFW the third route, after always having played until that moment with a .3ds version in gateway mode. I had the game in the card1 version by the way

The problem happens because the supports (and the first 3 saves slots) are stored in the rom, meaning that when you change from .3ds to .cia you can keep playing with the saves stored in the SD but not the ones saved on the rom nor the supports, so basically, the supports and the first 3 saves slots works like a save from a card2 game

The solution works like this:

you need to have:

savedatafilter installed in your emunand

have your emunand in gateway mode

a .3ds version of the game to load with gateway

a .cia version of the game installed

Once you have all of this prepared, press select and select your .3ds version of the game, but don't enter in it. You only want to have the game loaded in your emunand.

Then, enter savedata filter. You should see in the User tab "CTR Card" you want to press Y on it to import it to the SD, then go to SD tab and you should see the save with the id of the game (00012de, or something like that). You want to press R+A on it, so this save is stored in the SD.

Once you have all done, you should be able to see all of your supports from the .3ds version in your .cia version of the game . BUT CAREFUL! This will replace the supports alonside the the three first save slots you have in the .cia version, meaning if you are like me and have progressed a bit on the third route, all of your supports will be wiped out, so at the end it's a matter of choice. I didn't have many new supports done, so I decided to replace with the supports I had on my .3ds version.

Also, this works the other way around, you can have all the supports from your .cia version in your .3ds, in the case you want to play the game again with your gateway again for whatever reason.

Interesting workaround, any reason you wouldn't be able to do this with just a cia version? Back up before upgrade and then restore save data?

Does anyone have a working method for getting the translated IK files to work? I tried adding the C directory with the A and B when I patched the rom and ran it with gateway but it was a no go.

I am using a gateway and FreePatcher to spoof eshop/religion/firmware. I can get the DLC to work but just not IK.

Hay guys,

FE IF is awesome, the Translation project is looking really good, i made an account to ask some questions about the project that i have, I'm currently playing the FE IF SP ED on my 2DS v.2.2 (v3.0 as of yesterday),

Um one question that i have about the Translated Files for Invisible Kingdom, how do you apply the translated files to the DLC?

do you patch it with the same patcher for the game? (the FE patcher thing with the chapter menus etc) or another patcher?

also, in v3.0 are the "Side Stories" translated? Are the Paraloges DLC or are they the side stories?

Does anyone have a working method for getting the translated IK files to work? I tried adding the C directory with the A and B when I patched the rom and ran it with gateway but it was a no go.

I am using a gateway and FreePatcher to spoof eshop/religion/firmware. I can get the DLC to work but just not IK.

IK doesn't work with Gateway unless you know the method to.

Hay guys,

FE IF is awesome, the Translation project is looking really good, i made an account to ask some questions about the project that i have, I'm currently playing the FE IF SP ED on my 2DS v.2.2 (v3.0 as of yesterday),

Um one question that i have about the Translated Files for Invisible Kingdom, how do you apply the translated files to the DLC?

do you patch it with the same patcher for the game? (the FE patcher thing with the chapter menus etc) or another patcher?

also, in v3.0 are the "Side Stories" translated? Are the Paraloges DLC or are they the side stories?

You use the translated files for IK to rebuild IK itself.

Hay guys,

Paralogues are the chapters with Mozu + the children (the side stories).

Yes they are.

Xenologues are the DLC

Interesting workaround, any reason you wouldn't be able to do this with just a cia version? Back up before upgrade and then restore save data?

I haven't tested it, so I am not sure if it's possible, but there is the option to import saves from games installed on the SD, so maybe you are able to backup before installing the cia with the new patch, and then restore the supports. All of this considering that we are working with card1 version of the game. Im not sure how everything will work if you create a .3ds or .cia version in card2 format with the patcher.

Okay so with o3ds with NTR 3.2 on gateway i get very heavy freezing, roughly 3 seconds on combat so the models can load and 1-2 seconds when exiting a menu. Not sure what to do at this point... its very annoying playing.

Hey guys! Great job on the patch and congrats for finishing the main story! I know you all did a lot of supports but did you guys say you were doing anymore of them? Just curious.

All of them. Also, the main story isn't done, we're going to fix mistakes, as well as fix Invisible Kingdom all over again (we didn't have access to testing it until after release because our programmer was busy).

Edited by luyairis

All of them. Also, the main story isn't done, we're going to fix mistakes, as well as fix Invisible Kingdom all over again (we didn't have access to testing it until after release because our programmer was busy).

What exactly are you fixing in regards to IK? Stuff like grammar/spelling/translation? Or technical stuff like making it work with Gateway?

What exactly are you fixing in regards to IK? Stuff like grammar/spelling/translation? Or technical stuff like making it work with Gateway?

1. Minor grammar / spelling mistakes.

2. Text limit / stretching. We're aware a lot of text stretches over the edge of the box, etc.

1. Minor grammar / spelling mistakes.

2. Text limit / stretching. We're aware a lot of text stretches over the edge of the box, etc.

Sounds good. Can't wait to play it. Keep on doing what you're doing!

Seeing as pretty much everyone is asking how to play IK, you might want to make it clear in the OP it's not easy to install and unless you already know how to rebuild .cias, you can't use it.

I don't know, it just seems a little misleading to put the files right there next to the real patch, but have them be practically useless to everyone.

Maybe also make it a little clearer that only about 10% of the supports are done.

Seeing as pretty much everyone is asking how to play IK, you might want to make it clear in the OP it's not easy to install and unless you already know how to rebuild .cias, you can't use it.

I don't know, it just seems a little misleading to put the files right there next to the real patch, but have them be practically useless to everyone.

Maybe also make it a little clearer that only about 10% of the supports are done.

In regards to the IK DLC, is there any way you folks (translation team) could 1.) make it actually easier to patch the .cia, and 2.) get it functioning on Gateway (either directly or using HANS or so on)?

And yeah, I've noticed a lot of supports are missing, but some are in fact translated.

In regards to the IK DLC, is there any way you folks (translation team) could 1.) make it actually easier to patch the .cia, and 2.) get it functioning on Gateway (either directly or using HANS or so on)?

And yeah, I've noticed a lot of supports are missing, but some are in fact translated.

Getting english IK working with Gateway (installing and playing) and HANS at the moment is impossible. That is a problem with Gateway and HANS, and not a problem with the patch.

HANS doesn't work with DLC, and Gateway doesn't support modified DLC.

And they said it themselves that it's very hard to patch the DLC, and that they're not going to release a patcher for it.

Edited by thedude28

It's technically possible to make a program that could simplify the process, but that's way too much effort.

I imagine that the US SE (which seems to have all three routes directly on the cart already) might be a little easier to work with (for an anti-localization patch), but if it's playing IK early you want and you aren't already an advanced 3ds hacker, you're out of luck.

Getting english IK working with Gateway (installing and playing) and HANS at the moment is impossible. That is a problem with Gateway and HANS, and not a problem with the patch.

HANS doesn't work with DLC, and Gateway doesn't support modified DLC.

And they said it themselves that it's very hard to patch the DLC, and that they're not going to release a patcher for it.

Not just that, we can't release a patcher. It would be piracy. (Unless we released a program that did EVERYTHING to which we're not going to do since it requires efforts beyond what we're willing to do.)