[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last update was around a week ago, and while it's mostly finished there's still a lot being done with supports and cleaning stuff up, so yes, it's very much alive.

And most people here don't care about the official release- the team has said they'll be making an anti-localization patch for the Eng version as well to fix everything NoA screws up (such as names and inevitable censorship).

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

The last update was around a week ago, and while it's mostly finished there's still a lot being done with supports and cleaning stuff up, so yes, it's very much alive.

And most people here don't care about the official release- the team has said they'll be making an anti-localization patch for the Eng version as well to fix everything NoA screws up (such as names and inevitable censorship).

Do you know what they are going to censor? I know they changed few characters' names and removed the bathhouse mini game but that's it.

Do you know what they are going to censor? I know they changed few characters' names and removed the bathhouse mini game but that's it.

If they removed the bathhouse then the "My Room" thing will also get axed for sure. From the scripts we've seen so far, at least some dialogue is getting butchered and some things won't make it through without being sanitized. NoA has a track record for this stuff. There's also a strong possibility of them shoehorning occasional memes in dialogue.

And man those changed names are dumb.

Edited by powermad80

Public service announcement:

There's a very high chance that Nintendo is releasing a 3ds firmware update tonight. It's unclear exactly what it's going to break, but it's probably going to break a lot. Turn off your wifi, use Tubehax DNS, do whatever to stop it until the effects are known, even if you're on emunand (if you are on emunand and want to update anyway, back up your current one first so you can restore it if it becomes unstable).

Haven't seen it mentioned yet here, so I thought I'd let y'all know.

Genuinely curious. Since this patch is obviously using the unlocalized names for characters, why are the Awakening characters Localized? Do you agree with the name changes or is it just not as dumb as Xander? Not complaining it was just something that caught my eye.

Can you cite a source on the bathhouse removal? I remember the bathhouse being mentioned in the IGN footage, which would suggest that it wasn't removed.

(Also it isn't really a mini-game, its more of a repeatable event. Agarest 2 had an actual mini-game with their bathhouse).

Edited by Auro Astum

Can you cite a source on the bathhouse removal? I remember the bathhouse being mentioned in the IGN footage, which would suggest that it wasn't removed.

(Also it isn't really a mini-game, its more of a repeatable event. Agarest 2 had an actual mini-game with their bathhouse).

My apology, it's not confirmed to be removed but it's very likely. Unlike Agarest, the publisher is Nintendo which is definitely strict on any that is related to nudity. I won't be surprised if they have to remove that feature.

My apology, it's not confirmed to be removed but it's very likely. Unlike Agarest, the publisher is Nintendo which is definitely strict on any that is related to nudity. I won't be surprised if they have to remove that feature.

What, the same Nintendo that put Tharja, Nowi and Olivia in Awakening?

And the same Nintendo that was so frightened that Tharja's bikini-clad butt would destroy our innocence that they edited in a curtain to cover it up in one pic.

Nope, thats just Nintendo, the one that is the problem is Nintendo of America (and NoE to a lesser extent)

Out of curiosity has the translation itself improved since the initial release? Like have different people gone over lines and edited/reTLed as necessary? Not that I have any complaints or anything, I'm just curious.

Nope, thats just Nintendo, the one that is the problem is Nintendo of America (and NoE to a lesser extent)

Out of curiosity has the translation itself improved since the initial release? Like have different people gone over lines and edited/reTLed as necessary? Not that I have any complaints or anything, I'm just curious.

Yes.

Am I supposed to get Wind God Bow instead of Fujiin Bow for Takumi? Ryouma's sword is Raijiin so it seemes out of place.

Like we've and some other people have mentioned, we're still in the process of cleaning up all of this. What you have there is correct, but it is not necessarily final.

It's been common with our patch to first release, then get a lot of user feedback, then go back and fix it. As a team, we can only go so far, and we can't be 100% perfect (we're not professional nor paid).

So yes, you should be getting that, but no, it's probably not final.

Since I've played If/Fates in small bursts, I wanted to start a new playthrough to see if there were still some translation errors and I found 3 errors, one of which is just a grammar error. I apologize if I seem to be nitpicky or rude about it, I merely wish to give some feedback and help with this in the little bit that I can. All three of these came from Chapter Six after selecting to side with Hoshido, playing female.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Yez5eqSv9AdEtyanBIdTdDbWc/view?usp=sharing

This was the first one. As I said, I'm playing female so this sounds more hilarious than it should.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6Yez5eqSv9AMG5xdGhtbXVuUTA

This happens right after Marx attacked me and the elder Hoshigan brother came to my rescue.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6Yez5eqSv9AWXQ5eFhiS2hDSW8

This was more of a grammatical error to me and I feel heavily nitpicky about pointing at this.

Thanks for the patch anyways.

I apologize if this is a weird question, I got up to the last step of building the .cia file for use with rxTools but the patcher program consistently fails at this certain part. https://a.pomf.cat/delumf.png

I have to use a virtual machine since I'm on a mac and it's caused some issues before, could that be the case or is there something going on that seems super funky? I'm not sure how much ram is delegated to windows, these are the settings I think would be closest?? https://a.pomf.cat/xlrxnt.png

Perhaps ram isn't important, it was mentioned in the guide at the beginning of the topic so I'm just a bit confused now.

Thank you so much!

Edit: Got further this time but I get the error "System.ComponentModel.Win32" so uh... Is a 64bit needed?

Edited by mukumuku

After reinstalling operating systems I finally got it to work but now I'm stuck in an endless loop of "An error has occurred and we're restarting the system".. Put into my own words. I swear I heard somewhere that installing using bigbluemenu helps, but... starting to give up on this :dry:

*I originally followed the OP tutorial to a T, using bigbluemenu now as a last resort.

Edited by mukumuku