[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

So I'm playing with an old Japanese 3DS and I've successfully loaded homebrew. Downloading the dumped version of the game via Braindump now.

My biggest question at the moment is will I still have access to my DLC/Invisible Kingdom/Nohr (I'm playing White Kingdom) when I translate this? I'm really confused how all of this works. I'm 10.4 or something like that, so I don't know if I want to downgrade or if I should just keep on going as-is.

Edit: Tested Hoshido and it works. However, when I soft reset the 3DS crashes. Is there a way around this or...?

Edited by KP Joey

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DLC currently can't be translated on anything above 9.2 sysnand. You should still be able to play it in JP though.

You'll need to downgrade (if possible, I don't know if that was fixed in 10.4) if you want to play the DLC, but it's a good bit more complex than just patching the game with hans- you have to already know what you're doing.

Since this is the route I have to go now I have a couple questions I just want to clarify for myself as far as what I need to do. I haven't done cfw or homebrew since the regular DS days, so I figured I'd be spending time on gbatemp reading and relearning about how to do all that for 3ds.

I dug up my o3ds XL and it's on 9.7. I have a rom for the JP SE already (no physical cart yet, it's on the way but really far out). I'd like to play all 3 routes.

1. Can I get it working with just the rom and the work needed to setup cfw, or do I absolutely need the physical cart? For collector's value, I don't mind saving the physical SE and leaving it sealed if it's a route I can take.
  2. IK/3rd route, it's DLC only and not on the physical cart for the JP version right? From what I understand the JP SE is not like the NA SE which comes with all 3 routes, giving NA players a 3 week head-start access to it before it officially releases as DLC for NA.
  3. If it is DLC only (which I'm assuming is the case) I'll be able to access the JP eshop to get it, somehow right?
  4. I absolutely must downgrade my o3ds to 9.2 then if the above is true, to patch the translation in for the 3rd route, correct? I see some back and forth about requiring 9.2 to patch the DLC, but others saying some CFW's at 10.3 work perfectly...?

Thanks for the hard work you guys are doing in translating this. I sadly don't know any japanese myself so I can't help with it, but otherwise looking forward to your releases.

Since this is the route I have to go now I have a couple questions I just want to clarify for myself as far as what I need to do. I haven't done cfw or homebrew since the regular DS days, so I figured I'd be spending time on gbatemp reading and relearning about how to do all that for 3ds.

I dug up my o3ds XL and it's on 9.7. I have a rom for the JP SE already (no physical cart yet, it's on the way but really far out). I'd like to play all 3 routes.

1. Can I get it working with just the rom and the work needed to setup cfw, or do I absolutely need the physical cart? For collector's value, I don't mind saving the physical SE and leaving it sealed if it's a route I can take.
  2. IK/3rd route, it's DLC only and not on the physical cart for the JP version right? From what I understand the JP SE is not like the NA SE which comes with all 3 routes, giving NA players a 3 week head-start access to it before it officially releases as DLC for NA.
  3. If it is DLC only (which I'm assuming is the case) I'll be able to access the JP eshop to get it, somehow right?
  4. I absolutely must downgrade my o3ds to 9.2 then if the above is true, to patch the translation in for the 3rd route, correct? I see some back and forth about requiring 9.2 to patch the DLC, but others saying some CFW's at 10.3 work perfectly...?

Thanks for the hard work you guys are doing in translating this. I sadly don't know any japanese myself so I can't help with it, but otherwise looking forward to your releases.

1. You can get it working with the rom, but I don't think anyone can help you with that (don't quote me on that).

2. I'm pretty sure the JP cart and NA cart are gonna be the same where Revelations is DLC, and owners of the special edition cart can just download it for free.

3. Yes.

4. Yes, but it's not a patch, it's the translated decrypted DLC files. You'd have to rebuild the DLC yourself or.... Anyways the part about the "9.2 required for the DLC" and "10.3 CFWs work perfectly," aren't they the same? You need 9.2 Sysnand to get CFW, then you can update that CFW to 10.3 to get the DLC working.

1. You can get it working with the rom, but I don't think anyone can help you with that (don't quote me on that).

2. I'm pretty sure the JP cart and NA cart are gonna be the same where Revelations is DLC, and owners of the special edition cart can just download it for free.

3. Yes.

4. Yes, but it's not a patch, it's the translated decrypted DLC files. You'd have to rebuild the DLC yourself or.... Anyways the part about the "9.2 required for the DLC" and "10.3 CFWs work perfectly," aren't they the same? You need 9.2 Sysnand to get CFW, then you can update that CFW to 10.3 to get the DLC working.

Yep I wasn't planning on asking since it technically would be construed as pirating. I think I was misunderstanding what they all meant by 9.2 and 10.3, I assumed they were talking about the base firmware (sysnand I guess), but I guess the latter was talking bout 10.3 of the CFW, not the 3ds. Thanks.

DLC currently can't be translated on anything above 9.2 sysnand. You should still be able to play it in JP though.

You'll need to downgrade (if possible, I don't know if that was fixed in 10.4) if you want to play the DLC, but it's a good bit more complex than just patching the game with hans- you have to already know what you're doing.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, I should have READ what you said properly.

SysNAND, not EmuNAND.

Well then, I'm saved.

Edited by Immahnoob

So from reading this, not all support stuff is translated, correct? I ask this because when I went to do the supports with Rinka/my Avatar, they were still in Japanese.

First, only about 10% of the supports are translated. That's quite a lot given how many there are, but still fairly poor odds any given one will be done.

Second, if you have a save from a previous version of the patch and try to use it with the current one, the support gallery doesn't update- all the ones previously recorded in there will still be in Japanese, even if they're translated in the patch, until you view them normally ingame again.

Using the special edition and under unlock fates the Neutral Path is an option. I thought the third path was included on the SE? Or is that DLC?

I forgot to tell you, that it is included in the SE, but is DLC for free. You'd need a Japanese eShop account to download it, rebuild the DLC files yourself, or.... yeah.

Hey sorry guys I'm back and I'm using my other Japanese o3dsLL and have installed latest Gateway using the new menuhax option with it and has the emunand 10.4 update already on it, I've tried the .cia method and the .3ds for the game and both are having infinite loading I seriously have no idea what I am doing wrong... I don't even care about the dlc until I can actually get the game working. Thanks in advance .

Hey sorry guys I'm back and I'm using my other Japanese o3dsLL and have installed latest Gateway using the new menuhax option with it and has the emunand 10.4 update already on it, I've tried the .cia method and the .3ds for the game and both are having infinite loading I seriously have no idea what I am doing wrong... I don't even care about the dlc until I can actually get the game working. Thanks in advance .

try opening other application first like camera/sound, close it, then open the game.

I am using GW and I was wondering how to patch the dlc to be in English. I already have BBW and I have patched the main game.

You read some of the past posts... (We're getting really tired of repeating ourselves).

To patch the DLC, you're going to need to take the dlc files (currently only for IK) that we provide translated, and rebuild your own cia, and install it with BBM or FBI.

You read some of the past posts... (We're getting really tired of repeating ourselves).

To patch the DLC, you're going to need to take the dlc files (currently only for IK) that we provide translated, and rebuild your own cia, and install it with BBM or FBI.

I'd say you edit the OP and have a FAQ and guides on the matter. That way you can just ignore these people.

Tried the Sound and same thing happened, if what you mean by Hans is selecting in the HBL and selecting the game doesn't look i can select it from the options.

Hans isn't automatic, you have to set it up. Did you put the modified .romfs in the hans folder on the SD card?

I agree, but 66 pages is a lot to look through, especially since hacking methods have changed since the thread was first created. It would probably help significantly to update the tutorial in the OP, and then put it somewhere more obvious (like, the very top of the post, as opposed to a hackpad link inside a spoiler). I'll even make a new one myself if someone can guarantee it'll get put where it belongs.

Question from new nerdlord who signed up literally just to ask:

Can you be blocked from online battle for this? Although I've done nothing it seems to have done so once before (accidentally turned on play reports, I assume running a technically Japanese game from a US console caused this) and I think it might be doing it again (after one match in which the opponent (despite outclassing me severely) surrendered immediately, I can't connect to any other matches. It might be because I'm using a translated version of the third path this run, but I've seen others doing the same, I think, so..). Running 9.2 sysNAND -> 10.5 emuNAND. Another thread covered the anticheat in the game, but I didn't figure any of the causes it listed were the issue, considering I wouldn't mod a game to screw with people online.

Edited by DarkLordRS

Question from new nerdlord who signed up literally just to ask:

Can you be blocked from online battle for this? Although I've done nothing it seems to have done so once before (accidentally turned on play reports, I assume running a technically Japanese game from a US console caused this) and I think it might be doing it again (after one match in which the opponent (despite outclassing me severely) surrendered immediately, I can't connect to any other matches. It might be because I'm using a translated version of the third path this run, but I've seen others doing the same, I think, so..). Running 9.2 sysNAND -> 10.5 emuNAND. Another thread covered the anticheat in the game, but I didn't figure any of the causes it listed were the issue, considering I wouldn't mod a game to screw with people online.

I think the rule of thumb is as long as you're not cheating (ie going beyond statcaps, not having enemy only skills/weapons) you should be fine online.... It shouldn't be because you're using the translated version.