[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any way to set up RxTools emunand on a 9.7.0-25 3DS without a copy of Cubic Ninja or a Gateway Cartridge?

Your 3DS needs to be on firmware 9.2 or below to use any kind of CFW/EmuNAND. There's a downgrader for firmware 10.3 (safer than 10.4 and 10.5 apparently), but it's still risky and can brick your 3DS if you don't know what you're doing. No, you don't need Cubic Ninja or a Gateway cartridge since there are multiple ways to get CFW/EmuNAND up and ready these days. Like getting the Homebrew Launcher up by using the 3DS internet browser. Just search around on gbatemp and you'll find some good tutorials.

Edited by Linkmstr

just want to ask one question

The team is working on how the patch work with homebrew right? i dont wanna use CFW solution/gateway etc, because im scared if my 3DS will brick (i already installed homebrew on my 3DS anyway), also will the restoration patch work with homebrew after the team release it?

im sorry if my question sounds stupid, i just want undub ver (i dont really care for amie anyway, the live2D assets is enough for me), because i cant no longer cancel my SE pre-order ;_;

Edited by Genevie

looking good, i can't wait to see if the IK path DLC can/will be able to work in the future for Gateway users,

there exists an already eng patch of IK DLC on that site, but it is only for the separate versions, not for the Special Edition through.

i hope to see a working solution in the future for IK DLC for GW pl for SP EDtions.

also i read in the read me.txt that to use any dLC for fates in a NON JAP 3ds, you can remove the xx.header or some file form the patch exe folder so the title is in map instead of "FATE" so the DLC (game update v1.1, extra maps, IK ) will work on a non Jap 3ds?

and this is without having to use the NTR CFW lang method.

just want to ask one question

The team is working on how the patch work with homebrew right? i dont wanna use CFW solution/gateway etc, because im scared if my 3DS will brick (i already installed homebrew on my 3DS anyway), also will the restoration patch work with homebrew after the team release it?

im sorry if my question sounds stupid, i just want undub ver (i dont really care for amie anyway, the live2D assets is enough for me), because i cant no longer cancel my SE pre-order ;_;

HOPEFULLY* we can make it just work on Homebrew. No guarantees.

i hope to see a working solution in the future for IK DLC for GW pl for SP EDtions.

Hans isn't capable of running DLC, and whether or not it will be in the future isn't up to this team (hint: don't count on it).

The only way IK will be patchable with hans is if it's not DLC on the NA SE (as in, it's already on the cart, which it looks like it is).

That said, no promises about stuff that isn't released yet. The team can't know what is and isn't possible until they have their hands on it themselves.

Will the patcher work for the US Version of Fire Emblem If?

Yes, read the OP.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

So it seems the petting is till in the game but you can only do it with a S rank unit

Before people think the whole mini-game is only available when Kamui/Corrin is married. It's still not back in. From GameSpot's video, it's only during the special events with the spouse. Like waking up their spouse or blowing the steam away from them after they got out of the bath.

Edited by Linkmstr

Before people think the whole mini-game is only available when Kamui/Corrin is married. It's still not back in. From GameSpot's video, it's only during the special events with the spouse. Like waking up their spouse or blowing the steam away from them after they got out of the bath.

so still kinda bs then

There's nothing there that tells me my post was against the rules. I gave advice, I didn't link anything.

You advised people to break the rules. Piracy is against the rules, therefore advocating it is also against the rules.

so still kinda bs then

If it's in at all, it'll make it that much easier to restore in a patch, so that's good news for people who want it.

My question is if this patch will optionally add in the English dub. Not that I particularly WANT it for a patched copy, but it'd be reassuring to know that I have the option to if I so choose.

Content from the NA version is unlikely to be added to the JP version. The purpose of the delocalization patches are to make the NA/EU versions more like the JP version, not the other way around.

Hey, hello, is this the thread for the English patch to Fire Emblem IF? I was guided here on a different forum cause I was curious on how it all works and I have a few questions:

1) Can I run this on Sky3DS? And if so, how?

2) How does this patch work in general? Is it patching the Japanese copy of Fire Emblem IF or can it also patch Fire Emblem Fates for those that prefer the English voices once that game is out?

3) How does said "patch" actually work? Is it a complex process?

4) Is this also a restoration of Dual Audio? Specifically, the patch for Fire Emblem Fates in particular once the official localization is out?

Edited by Notshane

1. You don't need any extra hardware beyond a 3ds, an SD card and a copy of the game to run it. Sky3ds won't do anything to help.

2. Currently, the patch translates the script in the JP version to English. Once the NA/EU versions come out, it will be modified to work with all versions of the game, and will be able to do a variety of different things.

3. You need to install Homebrew on your 3ds, dump your game, obtain xorpads for your game using various software and homebrews, put those into the patcher to generate a patched .romfs, and then use hans (a homebrew application) to launch your game using that as a patch. Most of it is fairly straightforward, obtaining xorpads and setting up Homebrew for the first time are the things that give the most people trouble.

4. There may or may not be a patch to put the JP audio into the NA/EU games. However it won't be dual audio, since you won't be able to switch back and forth in game.

This is a broad topic and I don't expect it to be replied but "how far are you guys in this patch?/When should we expect the release date for this patch?"

How far? We've done all the storylines, DLC is almost done. It's been decided in the group that we're just going to scrub the NA supports - meaning, we'll look at them and fix them and add them as the final fan-translation patch (we don't have enough resources to really finish this on our own, we have lives too).

So after the NA release, that is. Also, WHICH patch?

How far? We've done all the storylines, DLC is almost done. It's been decided in the group that we're just going to scrub the NA supports - meaning, we'll look at them and fix them and add them as the final fan-translation patch (we don't have enough resources to really finish this on our own, we have lives too).

So after the NA release, that is. Also, WHICH patch?

He probably meant the patch for JPN release's translation status for supports. It looks like it is the least priority because there are so many of them. I take that it will never get finished anytime soon after official NA release?

My question is if this patch will optionally add in the English dub. Not that I particularly WANT it for a patched copy, but it'd be reassuring to know that I have the option to if I so choose.

Also it was stated that we can't add in an option. That programming is beyond our active members.

He probably meant the patch for JPN release's translation status for supports. It looks like it is the least priority because there are so many of them. I take that it will never get finished anytime soon after official NA release?

Supports will be scrubbed and released after the NA release, that was the agreement. Our highest priority right now is working on Amie restoration, name fixing, and the like. (Everyone in the group is taking a break)

1. You don't need any extra hardware beyond a 3ds, an SD card and a copy of the game to run it. Sky3ds won't do anything to help.

2. Currently, the patch translates the script in the JP version to English. Once the NA/EU versions come out, it will be modified to work with all versions of the game, and will be able to do a variety of different things.

3. You need to install Homebrew on your 3ds, dump your game, obtain xorpads for your game using various software and homebrews, put those into the patcher to generate a patched .romfs, and then use hans (a homebrew application) to launch your game using that as a patch. Most of it is fairly straightforward, obtaining xorpads and setting up Homebrew for the first time are the things that give the most people trouble.

4. There may or may not be a patch to put the JP audio into the NA/EU games. However it won't be dual audio, since you won't be able to switch back and forth in game.

1. But, isn't the purpose of Sky3DS being an easier way to use Homebrew? I thought it was acting as a separate syndicate so that you didn't have to heavily modify your 3DS. Granted, you'd still be installing stuff through it, but I thought it made the process easy.

2. Ah, so basically it will be uncut Fire Emblem Fates? By this point, all it is bringing back that I am aware of is petting (below A rank), a few cut scenes and other things that were notably censored?

3. Hmm, that's why I was thinking Sky3DS was easier, but I guess I was wrong.

4. I see. What I was thinking of another option is for those that want to play the game fully uncut that they just insert all English voices and cut-scenes into IF as an alternate patch for those that want the voices in English. Is that something being worked on, or is that too hard to program?

1. But, isn't the purpose of Sky3DS being an easier way to use Homebrew? I thought it was acting as a separate syndicate so that you didn't have to heavily modify your 3DS. Granted, you'd still be installing stuff through it, but I thought it made the process easy.

2. Ah, so basically it will be uncut Fire Emblem Fates? By this point, all it is bringing back that I am aware of is petting (below A rank), a few cut scenes and other things that were notably censored?

3. Hmm, that's why I was thinking Sky3DS was easier, but I guess I was wrong.

4. I see. What I was thinking of another option is for those that want to play the game fully uncut that they just insert all English voices and cut-scenes into IF as an alternate patch for those that want the voices in English. Is that something being worked on, or is that too hard to program?

1. Sky3DS can be used to play unmodified ROMs, and gives you more entry points to homebrew.

2. Yeah... it's basically a translation of the Japanese version and (hopefully this including petting) the uncensored version of Fire Emblem Fates.

3. Once you've got homebrew and an entry point that Sky3DS becomes useless (unless you plan on using it as an entry point to homebrew every time)

4. After reading the OP it looks like they're not working on that. Though don't quote me on that.

1. If anything Sky3DS exists basically for piracy, lol.

2. Read op for what we're doing.

3. Like mentioned above, Sky3DS doesn't support modified roms (and you wouldn't be able to play online either).

4. Lol we don't care about the English voices. If someone else releases an English VA patch, you can use that instead. The patcher should be comptaible.