[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry "thedude28" i'm new to being a member on the site and don't know how to privately message so i'm gonna post it here and hopefully you can help me out?

1) Will this patch work with the new nintendo 3ds that i'm gonna get on the launch date

The next following questions i ask, i understand have hypothetical answers since the game isn't out yet and nobody has been able to test them so if you answer them can you tell me with "how much certainty" is your answer

Also i don't know if according to forum rules is what i'm asking taboo or looked down on, i'm honestly brand new to all this and i'm sorry if i'm asking what is suppose to be common knowledge

2) Does the dual audio patch for the NA version of the game blanket everything? (nohr, hoshido, revealations, dlc, and side stuff)

3) Does the amie patch interfere in any way with all the other aspects of the game? like will it mess up dlc or "downloaded" stuff not on the cartridge. i'm getting the collector's edition which comes with all 3 games on the cartridge (supposedly) and i already pre-ordered the dlc

4) What about the original name patch? (same as question 3)

5) How completed is the fan translated patch at this point and where does it not extend [the version that translates it for USA version without Nintendo's idea of what is appropriate for us]

6) If 5 isn't 100%, without asking for a date, can we at least expect that at some unknown time, they'll complete it to 100% covering everything and re-release it?

7) If i use the first 3 patches (audio, amie, and original name) and later decide, after the fan translation patch is completed to 100%, to download the fan translation, Will i be in danger of losing any save progress or anything at all patching my game up again?

1. Depends on your firmware, for DLC. If you're over 10.3, you're out of luck right now.

2. It blankets everything on-cart. Dlc is yet to be known.

3. If you patch it right (assuming we figure out a way), no, it won't break anything.

4. Basically 3.

5. Read the OP. What do you mean by extend?

6. It's coming, soon. Insert a trademark symbol here.

7. Why you wouldn't back your saves up anyways is a question, but yes, you at least will lose the first page of saves. (Or not, I'm not sure about the specifics. You still should back up anyways).

Dear translation/ patching team, is it possible for you guys to made a tutorial video on how to patch our game cartridge for dummies alongside the patch ?

Because I am afraid that most of us are not familiar with patching files and afraid that we might mess up our 3DS. Thanks.

Edited by sodnaj

Dear translation/ patching team, is it possible for you guys to made a tutorial video on how to patch our game cartridge for dummies alongside the patch ?

Because I am afraid that most of us are not familiar with patching files and afraid that we might mess up our 3DS. Thanks.

I'm sure someone else will make one if our restoration patch goes as planned, looking from the interest in it. No one in our team really would care to make a tutorial, except for maybe Linkmstr.

Since pretty much everyone's been asking about it, here's what you can and can't do depending on what you have (assuming the NA SE doesn't use a download code, which at this point is extremely likely but not 100% confirmed:

If you have a JP Nohr version, you can easily patch Nohr on any 3ds. If you have a JP Hoshido, you can easily patch Hoshido on any 3ds. The NA versions of these two should be the same.

If you have a JP SE, you can patch Nohr and Hoshido on any 3ds. If you have a NA SE, you can patch Nohr, Hoshido and IK on any 3ds.

If you want to patch Nohr, Hoshido or IK and it's not listed there, it becomes harder. You must have a <9.2 3ds (<10.3 can easily downgrade, >10.3 can't), if your 3ds and game copy don't have matching regions you need to change the region of your emunand, and you have to go through a complex process of extracting and rebuilding a custom .cia that nobody here wants to provide tech support for. The IK files provided in the OP are all you need on the If team's end to do this, the rest you'll have to figure out yourself.

Actually patching your game on any system menu version:

1. Install Homebrew on your 3ds using your preferred entrypoint. Here are all the files you need to get started, along with a list of entrypoints and instructions for each.

2. Dump your game using Braindump. Make sure you have plenty or room on your SD card (at least 2GB, to be safe).

3. Obtain xorpads for your game using various homebrew. I'm unsure what the team's officially endorsed method for this on 10.5 is, and would appreciate someone weighing in.

4. Insert the dumped game and xorpads into the patcher.

5. Put the resulting file in the /hans folder on your 3ds's SD card. Launch Homebrew, insert the game, and launch it using hans.

Censorship and delocalization:

Exactly what can and can't be changed will be known for sure on release. Names will be easy to revert, as will supports and any regular text. Dual audio is impossible to fully implement (as a menu option, such as in Awakening), but it may be possible to completely swap the Eng audio out for the JP. Skinship may or may not be modifiable, though the team will try.

Either way, these won't be available immediately on launch. For anyone frustrated and/or impatient, I strongly advise looking at exactly what was changed and realizing that a) not much happened, and b) much of what did change wasn't well received in Japan, and isn't so much of censorship as an attempt to deliver a refined product. Basically, chill out.

To the OP:

Please clean that up. Just a little will do. Having people follow an external link, in a spoiler, halfway down the page to an outdated tutorial that only applies to CFW users is not a good way to explain how to use the patch. If it was more visible, made available options more obvious, and focused more on the common ones, there would be fewer questions in need of constant, repetitive answers.

...Maybe make that big, blue "Translation Patch [v3.0]" at the top actually link to the patch too. And remove the bit at the bottom that says the first 10.3-compatible release is still a ways off, since it's been out forever.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

guys does anyone know what exactly Nintendo has cut off (censored) in the localized version !? is it only the pat mini game changes or is there also alot of dialogue changing ?

(and sorry if it has been asked million times xD)

Edited by LeonMagnus

guys does anyone know what exactly Nintendo has cut off (censored) in the localized version !? is it only the pat mini game changes or is there also alot of dialogue changing ?

(and sorry if it has been asked million times xD)

they seem to have dumb down a lot of dialog and meme it up

When reporting errors, how should the avatar be referred to? I've been saying Corrin, but I've also seen Kamui.

The patch uses Kamui, but everyone will know who you're talking about either way.

guys does anyone know what exactly Nintendo has cut off (censored) in the localized version !? is it only the pat mini game changes or is there also alot of dialogue changing?

This won't be fully known until the NA release. Currently, the main things people care about are skinship (which was changed, but not removed), dual audio (which isn't present), and names (many of which were changed). The writing style itself is going to be a bit different, and there's also a changed support that nobody liked in the first place (that's not censorship, it's improving a product based on user feedback).