[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

can i run the EU ver of Fate (if) on my EU 3ds (2ds actually), with the delocalization patch/content restore from {Team IF} so i have my region's fates with the third path include on the game (EU special edition which has all three paths in one cart) and have all the extra, special, spicy, sweet JPN content from the IF version?

We plan on making the patcher compatible with the European version of Fire Emblem: If/Fates too.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To anybody wanting to take their data from this version, here's what I did.

• First, I exported my save data from the translated version.
  • Then I exported my save data from the NA version.
  • I overwrote all the save stuff for my NA save with the save files from the translated version.
  • Then I went into the NA version of the game and created a save file. For every save file you have in the fan translation, create one in the official version. For example, I had the first two save slots filled in the fan translation, so I created save files on those slots. The save files don't have to have any progress in them, just get past character creation and then it let's you save.
  • Then I went and imported my data from the fan translation version into my NA version.
  • I launched the game, went right to "Private Quarters", felt more disappointed with the voices and other stuff than I thought I would be.
  • Went back to the fan translation while waiting for restoration patch.

Sorry if it wasn't appropriate to post this here.

Which will take time. Expect the next patch to take some time. Unless anyone wants to help clean up supports? (A good enough level of Japanese is required).

One of the few times I curse my lack of japanese knowledge. This is something I would have gladly helped with otherwise.

Seriously guys, thanks again for the hard work.

Which will take time. Expect the next patch to take some time. Unless anyone wants to help clean up supports? (A good enough level of Japanese is required).

Since you guys mentioned "scrubbing" the English supports, for the supports that received major changes in the English version (Kanna's S-Ranks, Soleil, Zero and Rhajat's S-Ranks with Kamui), are you guys going to translate the original Japanese supports and keep those, or base them of the localization supports?

I'd love to help with translations! Is there a document with a link that I may have access to? I've taken 5 years of Japanese (and ongoing), so I can help translate quite a bit! Anything to help the newest patch to be released makes me more than glad to help!

Since you guys mentioned "scrubbing" the English supports, for the supports that received major changes in the English version (Kanna's S-Ranks, Soleil, Zero and Rhajat's S-Ranks with Kamui), are you guys going to translate the original Japanese supports and keep those, or base them of the localization supports?

Translate. As is what were doing with everything else. We'll scrub of NoA changes something.

I'd love to help with translations! Is there a document with a link that I may have access to? I've taken 5 years of Japanese (and ongoing), so I can help translate quite a bit! Anything to help the newest patch to be released makes me more than glad to help!

PM me your Skype, please. Due to issues with public editing we need you to be in the Skype group, which also helps coordinayion, etc.

I´m just here to thanks you guys for this great work and dedication from this Fan Translation, I got the official version and this version, and I can say this translation are much better than the official, Thanks for you efforts :´v

I wish this fan tranlastion were to the official, would be better than those new official translators, make the game more enjoyable :P

Edited by TetsuyaSS

Hi, I also want to thank you because the game will not come in my country before a long time. I encourage you to continue, I prefer your work than the future translation we'll have in France xD

I can't wait to have all support conversations translated in your future patch ! o/

To anybody wanting to take their data from this version, here's what I did.

• First, I exported my save data from the translated version.
  • Then I exported my save data from the NA version.
  • I overwrote all the save stuff for my NA save with the save files from the translated version.
  • Then I went into the NA version of the game and created a save file. For every save file you have in the fan translation, create one in the official version. For example, I had the first two save slots filled in the fan translation, so I created save files on those slots. The save files don't have to have any progress in them, just get past character creation and then it let's you save.
  • Then I went and imported my data from the fan translation version into my NA version.
  • I launched the game, went right to "Private Quarters", felt more disappointed with the voices and other stuff than I thought I would be.
  • Went back to the fan translation while waiting for restoration patch.
Sorry if it wasn't appropriate to post this here.

I found this out as well:

I might be already late to this... but it seems save addresses didn't shift between regions.

tumblr_o2xkau7E481rmzb08o1_640.jpg

tumblr_o2xkau7E481rmzb08o2_640.jpg

That was Belinda's translation patch files from my 3DS straight onto her Special Edition cartridge with absolutely no modifications.

As long as your names are in English, it shouldn't cause any issues.

I'm afraid about Japanese characters though. It caused some wonky freezes in Awakening if you had your MU's name in Japanese.

I'm not sure if its necessary but seeing as the first post has yet to be edited/Updated about the notion of not being able to play on firmware higher then 9.3/10.3, i thought i should mention i got the patch running on my firmware 10.5E 3DS and i only got started attempting this yesterday.

I'm not going into detail unless its necessary I'm pretty sure some guy has done it before me and posted it >.<

the main topic of this post is to simply say thank this patch is awesome Thank you for all your hard work.

Edited by Belphegor

Guys, I know this is a difficult task and translating, bug fixing, and all that is taking a long time. Is there any way to know how much longer the supports are gonna take to be completed? Not getting frustrated or anything, just wanted to know the status because this is just horrendous and I want it to end:

There's only so much of this I can take before having a migrane.

Back in Super Paper Mario, Intelligent Systems made fun of people complaining about games they haven't played, and I guess it's coming back to bite them. Because if you had played it, you'd know that there aren't any voices in the supports.

The supports will be done eventually, but more people care about the undub, names and Amie so those are bigger priorities.

Guys, I know this is a difficult task and translating, bug fixing, and all that is taking a long time. Is there any way to know how much longer the supports are gonna take to be completed? Not getting frustrated or anything, just wanted to know the status because this is just horrendous and I want it to end:

There's only so much of this I can take before having a migrane.

the supports are not voice anyway for now why not give the undub a try ? there is one going around it adds jap voices via Hans i think the supports will need a lot of work because they change so much im some cases

Edited by Valwin