[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

Hey everyone. I'm the head of Team If's Division II, the group working on finishing the translation for the remainder of the game. My apologies for the lack of communication.

We're still working on translating and editing the rest of the game. There was a lull in progress in May due to many of us having to deal with finals, but now that June has arrived, things are starting to pick up again. I can't give an estimate for when we'll get the next patch out, but I'll try to keep you guys updated with our progress.

If you have any questions or comments about the translation, please let me know. :D:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone. I'm the head of Team If's Division II, the group working on finishing the translation for the remainder of the game. My apologies for the lack of communication.

We're still working on translating and editing the rest of the game. There was a lull in progress in May due to many of us having to deal with finals, but now that June has arrived, things are starting to pick up again. I can't give an estimate for when we'll get the next patch out, but I'll try to keep you guys updated with our progress.

If you have any questions or comments about the translation, please let me know. :D:

I just wanted to thank you guys for continuing to work on it! Keep up the amazing work!

Thanks, that's pretty much what I was curious about. Take your time.

(hey uh this isn't directly related to the fanslation but how are you all actually editing the text files? I don't have anything that can open them in a readable state but I figure with the volume of stuff you've been doing (kudos) you must have some fairly easy way?)

(hey uh this isn't directly related to the fanslation but how are you all actually editing the text files? I don't have anything that can open them in a readable state but I figure with the volume of stuff you've been doing (kudos) you must have some fairly easy way?)

I'm not affiliated with the team anymore (nor do I want to be) and I'm not around here anymore but..

They have a whole dump of the game's files that were converted into .txt files, which are then edited (I used sublime text 3, as did a bunch of others) in a text editor, then repacked as a patch and inserted into the game.

Editing checks, which we used to have to do in-game a year ago, are now checked in SciresM's FEITS (SciresM is also a part of the team) before being packed.

Very glad to hear that the translation is still in progress. Thumbs up to everyone involved in this project, I'm enjoying every bit of the current patch. One question: in which order will the remainder of the game be translated? Untranslated Support conversations perhaps or something else?(I'm guessing DLC has less priority because that's very difficult to patch).

First off, love the work you guys put into this. I'm eternally grateful for all your hard work.

Second, sorry to be a newb here, but is there a way to apply those patches to a .cia file of the game?

Edited by Ero Sennin

Sorry, I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to how the patch itself works; we still rely on the remaining members of Division I to pack it. I think it was discussed earlier in the thread, however.

Very glad to hear that the translation is still in progress. Thumbs up to everyone involved in this project, I'm enjoying every bit of the current patch. One question: in which order will the remainder of the game be translated? Untranslated Support conversations perhaps or something else?(I'm guessing DLC has less priority because that's very difficult to patch).

Division I translated a fair amount of first-generation support conversations before it got handed to us, and we've been going through and proofreading them as well. The majority of the Live2D lines have been translated and edited, but still need to be tested in-game to make sure everything fits correctly. At the moment, our focus is on translating the My Castle-related stuff, and then finishing the support conversations once we're done with that. Can't say much about the DLC content right now. :(:

Edited by ShadySheikah

Sorry, I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to how the patch itself works; we still rely on the remaining members of Division I to pack it. I think it was discussed earlier in the thread, however.

Do you happen to remember on what page that discussion was in?

Edited by Ero Sennin

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the hard work to all the people who translated all those chapters, so others can play the full game.

However I gotta say I have a problem with the patch:

Sorry if this is not the place to discuss this but I can't play past chapter 14, after Kamui talks with Cyrus the game freezes and stops working, I searched what could be the cause but nothing...is a a bug or something of the patch? Everything works flawless(Conquest, Birthright..) except just that chapter.

Thanks for the hard work to all the people who translated all those chapters, so others can play the full game.

However I gotta say I have a problem with the patch:

Sorry if this is not the place to discuss this but I can't play past chapter 14, after Kamui talks with Cyrus the game freezes and stops working, I searched what could be the cause but nothing...is a a bug or something of the patch? Everything works flawless(Conquest, Birthright..) except just that chapter.

It is a bug, but it's been fixed.

Do you happen to remember on what page that discussion was in?

I don't happen to recall which page it was on, sadly. It's possible to update your CIA with the latest translations if you have NTR installed, though. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention the specific website where you can find it, but there's a layeredfs plugin floating around that makes updating your CIA as simple as placing a folder with the translated files on your SD card's root. thedude28 would probably know how to explain it better than I do.

Glad to hear that, so we only have to wait for a new release or something?

It'll be included in the next patch, but if you're stuck and need the fix to progress, here's the updated version of the file that was causing the issue. Just replace the existing file in the m > C directory and re-patch. Feel free to contact me if you need help.

Has the feeding glitch been fixed?

Where the food is invisible.

Apologies for my ignorance, but this is the first I've heard of it. Does this glitch happen specifically with the patch applied? Not yet, but we're looking into it.

Has their been any recent progress?

There has been some progress, yes, but not enough to warrant a new patch just yet.

Which brings me to something else.

We need your help!

I mentioned in my last post that we were getting over a slump we suffered back in May. Unfortunately, I underestimated the toll it took on our team. When we took over translation duties, we had about a dozen members working on the patch. However, a good chunk of the crew is gone due to inactivity or real life rearing its ugly head, and there isn't enough of us left to get through the remaining work in a timely manner. The fact of the matter is that if we want to release a new patch anytime soon, we need more people.

Specifically, we're looking for translators and editors. If you know Japanese or have a strong grasp of the English language, please contact me as soon as possible!

To clarify, we'll continue working on this project no matter what, but it'll be slow going until we can boost the size of our team. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regardless, thank you so much to everyone who's stuck with us for this long. Despite what may have been said in the past, you are the reason this project continues to exist.

Edited by ShadySheikah

Well, I don't know japanese, so I don't know wether I can be of all that great help, but I'd be willing to proofread and playtest the translation (Currently only for White night Kingdom though)

Also, where do I report mistakes / Typos / Textskips / untranslated Lines /other Weird Stuff?

And Of course, because I didn't express my gratitude yet, thank you very much for your continued work and the effort to give this game the translation it deserves.

I hope I can be of use.

The download link seems to be down. I'm kind of worried and i'm looking forward to downloading this. Is there any way it could be re-uploaded?

Same here, the dropbox link appears to be broken. Perhaps someone could reupload?

Oh and BTW, thank you so much for all the hard work you guys have done on this patch! Me and I'm sure many others greatly appreciate it.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bvy8kqrcyuzysbl/AAA3O_uG7J5xaXi-VMxZ0Ja3a?dl=0

I've rehosted the versions of the delocalization script (For US and EU versions of the game, though owners of the EU version should be sure to rename the @E folder to what their version uses as @E is only used for the US version and not for the EU version)
Also in the folder is the Japanese to English Patch. Specifically, this is the "Everything we have" patch that was linked on this thread's OP.

This is just a TEMPORARY measure. As I don't pay for Dropbox I have a very limited amount of available downloads before Dropbox cuts them off for the month. I suggest someone else rehost these as I will be removing these files from my dropbox eventually.

Well, I don't know japanese, so I don't know wether I can be of all that great help, but I'd be willing to proofread and playtest the translation (Currently only for White night Kingdom though)

Also, where do I report mistakes / Typos / Textskips / untranslated Lines /other Weird Stuff?

And Of course, because I didn't express my gratitude yet, thank you very much for your continued work and the effort to give this game the translation it deserves.

I hope I can be of use.

We actually have a bug sheet! I thought there was a link to it on the OP, but I'm not seeing it anymore. Here it is, just make a suggestion on the document and we'll add and investigate it.

Also, if you're willing to read through support conversations for a few hours each week, shoot me a PM.

The download link seems to be down. I'm kind of worried and i'm looking forward to downloading this. Is there any way it could be re-uploaded?

That's strange. I'll let Cellenseres know. In the meantime, here's a backup link.

Edit: Ninja'd by Merik. Thanks, man!

Edit #2: The previous error log is going down soon, please use this one instead. Changed the link up there, as well.

Edited by ShadySheikah

hi, I have a question about the Cyrus glitch in Invisble KIngdom

does anybody know what triggers the glitch? like because your mu is in certain level o you kill cyrus with a certain unit or something, or does it happen regardless of what you do?

• 3 weeks later...

hi, I have a question about the Cyrus glitch in Invisble KIngdom

does anybody know what triggers the glitch? like because your mu is in certain level o you kill cyrus with a certain unit or something, or does it happen regardless of what you do?

From my experience, it happens no matter what you do. I tried removing the Gay Fates hack, no dice. I tried reinstalling the game, nothing. I tried reinstalling the DLC, nada. It prolly had something to do with the translation and something got fucked up along the way, coding-wise. Its been fixed thankfully, though we just need to sit and wait for the next patch to roll in.

I posted the file that fixes the Cyrus bug a couple posts back, but if you didn't see it, here's the link to the file. In the patch files, just go to the rom -> m -> C directory and replace the file that's already there with this new one. After that, re-patch your game and the bug should be fixed.

As for what was causing the issue, a character of code was accidentally deleted when the English text was inserted. The game would reach that point in the conversation, see that unfinished chunk of code, and simply not know what to do with it. The new file adds the character back in, and everything should run fine now.

ALSO: Just a reminder that we're still looking for extra hands! If you know Japanese or have a firm grasp of the English language, shoot me a PM! :D:

Edited by ShadySheikah