[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Thank you both for help! I'm happy that he not was killed then)

2. Okey, would look on it! Thanks! (One thing, when playing captured only online others players characters or in story i can capture too? Like boss characters or characters that joins you in another story path (i think it don't work for them, but maybe... xD))

3. Ok, i know that thing... Yeah, without exp dlc it was hard, but i complete it!) Now all characters have last lvl (Still don't use seal=+5lvl on them)

And one more thing, where you find spoiler button? xD (I cant find it)

2.You can only capture in the story, you can't capture all units, only the generics and some bosses. You can't capture the phantom generics.

To put spoilers, you put

and [/spoiler.], but remove the . in the /spoiler part.

Hey guys im wondering if I make a save with this, and I use that save an another version made by you guys. Will that savegame be compatible?

Need to know before playing. Thank you.

If you have at least two routes you will have a second/third page of saves which will go to the SD card, and you'll keep those. Otherwise, people have said it's possible to use savedatafiler to keep the data between versions.

Edited by Kitsunin

So if I import a Nohr copy tonight how will I go about getting the other two routes? How would I get access to the Jap eshop?

1. Do you have a 3DS on firmwares 4.X-9.2? If not, you can't use this patch.

Any specific reason? Is there a program or app that I need but cant use yet with the current homebrew that enables me to patch the game?

It requires being able to use CFW or Gateway so that it can play the patched rom. And since those only work on Old3DS firmwares 4.X-9.2 and New3DS firmwares 9.0-9.2, you can't use this patch to play the game in English.

You can still patch the game with the patcher, yes. BUT YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO PLAY THE PATCHED ROM ON YOUR NEW3DS SINCE IT'S ON 9.9 AND CAN'T USE CFW OR GATEWAY.

Edited by Linkmstr

Any specific reason? Is there a program or app that I need but cant use yet with the current homebrew that enables me to patch the game?

We've said this many times before, but homebrew doesn't have ARM9 access, which is necessary to use the patch.

Like Link said, ARM9 is necessary for any method you'd use to patch the game.

Edited by luyairis

Any specific reason?

Because there's no publically released ARM9 exploit or ARM11 Kernel exploit on firmwares higher than 9.2.

If you don't know what that means, you won't understand more technical explanations.

If you do know what that means, then we don't need to explain anything else because the implications about our ability to modify a user's system on firmwares higher than 9.2 are obvious: (we can't).

Edited by SciresM

I have a New 3DS on firmware 9.9 with homebrew enabled. And I still cant use it?

Didn't we already answer your question back three pages ago? I know its sad to not have your 3DS not able to run the patch. But no means no. 9.2 Firmware or less is the only thing that works at the moment. The only way you will get this working on 9.9 if Gateway finds another exploit access, or if Smea (the creator of Tubehax/Ironhax/Ninjahax) finds a way to implement those exploits.

Without being too overly complicated basically the 9.9 hack doesn't have access to the parts of the system needed to get the translation working.

Without being too overly complicated basically the 9.9 hack doesn't have access to the parts of the system needed to get the translation working.

*sigh*

There's no way to play the Patch on Firmware 9.9 yet!

Like we've already said, Tubehax/Ironhax does not have Kernel-Access which is NECESSARY to run our patch.

There's no Exploit for Firmware 9.3 and higher which gains Kernel-Access.

YOU HAVE TO BE ON FIRMWARE 9.2 OR LOWER

Hey y'all I'm new here and I'm hoping someone can help me with my dumb patcher problems. So specifically...

1. To create XORPADS, you need to download Decrypt9.
  2. Be sure that you've Python 2.7 installed on your PC!
  3. Drag&Drop your dumped .3ds-file on ncchinfo_gen.py.
  4. Now you should find a "ncchinfo.bin" in the directory of ncchinfo_gen.py.
  5. Copy this file to your SD-Card to the Decrypt9-workdirectory (normally "SD:/Decrypt9" or just "SD:/").
  6. Put your SD Card back to your 3DS and start Decrypt9 to create the XORPADs.
I've got the ncchinfo.bin file but every step after doesn't make sense to me and I guess it's because I'm unfamiliar with decrpyt9. MY folder/everything to do with decrypt9 looks like this: http://imgur.com/GPN38jR
but I'm pretty out of my league with the decryption and whatnot that I don't even know if I downloaded the right one, you know? I know it's a little vague but can someone help me a little with this? I just want to play the game in a language I can understand haha.

Hey y'all I'm new here and I'm hoping someone can help me with my dumb patcher problems. So specifically...

1. To create XORPADS, you need to download Decrypt9.
  2. Be sure that you've Python 2.7 installed on your PC!
  3. Drag&Drop your dumped .3ds-file on ncchinfo_gen.py.
  4. Now you should find a "ncchinfo.bin" in the directory of ncchinfo_gen.py.
  5. Copy this file to your SD-Card to the Decrypt9-workdirectory (normally "SD:/Decrypt9" or just "SD:/").
  6. Put your SD Card back to your 3DS and start Decrypt9 to create the XORPADs.
I've got the ncchinfo.bin file but every step after doesn't make sense to me and I guess it's because I'm unfamiliar with decrpyt9. MY folder/everything to do with decrypt9 looks like this: http://imgur.com/GPN38jR
but I'm pretty out of my league with the decryption and whatnot that I don't even know if I downloaded the right one, you know? I know it's a little vague but can someone help me a little with this? I just want to play the game in a language I can understand haha.

Alright so the next step to decrypting it depends on which 3DS you have.

First of all, you will need decrypt9 on your 3DS.

If you have an Old3DS, you can use any version of decrypt9 (whether it would be archshift or Shadowtrance)

If you have a New3DS, you can only use Shadowtrance (which requires Ninjhax, or the MSET version which requires a working DS flashcart)

Now you would take that ncchinfo.bin and paste it into your working directory. (http://puu.sh/jQSSx.png)

Since I am using Decrypt9 Ninjhax version, all I need to do is to get to homebrew and launch decrypt9.

Alright so the next step to decrypting it depends on which 3DS you have.

First of all, you will need decrypt9 on your 3DS.

If you have an Old3DS, you can use any version of decrypt9 (whether it would be archshift or Shadowtrance)

If you have a New3DS, you can only use Shadowtrance (which requires Ninjhax, or the MSET version which requires a working DS flashcart)

Now you would take that ncchinfo.bin and paste it into your working directory. (http://puu.sh/jQSSx.png)

Since I am using Decrypt9 Ninjhax version, all I need to do is to get to homebrew and launch decrypt9.

Okay, I've managed to figure out with your advice and from learning how my cfw works to patch my .3ds and get a brand spankin new .cia out of it. This is where it gets tricky or me now, because there are several guides on how to play .cia games on one's 3ds but many require steps I either didn't have to take because I installed a later version of rxTools or didn't have to take because I don't have either a Gateway method or Ninjhax, so I'm in kind of a grey-zone of progress.

So the whole process I've been through was installing rxtools via the browser and launch.rxtools.net or whatever. I've got an emuNAND running and I updated that so I'm at RDX 9.9.whatever. That plus the little bit of Decrypt9 is where I'm at and I just want to make sure I follow the right next steps because I'm worried if I do it wrong I'm going to have to restart this whole process or worse brick my 3ds.

Based on what other guides have said I think the best steps for me to take now are:

1. download FBI

2. launch rxtools through the browser

3. install fbi (with all the safety and information and whatnot, there's a guide I'm following for it)

4. now I can play .cia games???

Will they appear as icons in my main menu after I launch rxtools?

Thanks so much for replying, by the way. This is the most advanced hacking I've ever done or really plan to do.

Okay, I've managed to figure out with your advice and from learning how my cfw works to patch my .3ds and get a brand spankin new .cia out of it. This is where it gets tricky or me now, because there are several guides on how to play .cia games on one's 3ds but many require steps I either didn't have to take because I installed a later version of rxTools or didn't have to take because I don't have either a Gateway method or Ninjhax, so I'm in kind of a grey-zone of progress.

So the whole process I've been through was installing rxtools via the browser and launch.rxtools.net or whatever. I've got an emuNAND running and I updated that so I'm at RDX 9.9.whatever. That plus the little bit of Decrypt9 is where I'm at and I just want to make sure I follow the right next steps because I'm worried if I do it wrong I'm going to have to restart this whole process or worse brick my 3ds.

Based on what other guides have said I think the best steps for me to take now are:

1. download FBI

2. launch rxtools through the browser

3. install fbi (with all the safety and information and whatnot, there's a guide I'm following for it)

4. now I can play .cia games???

Will they appear as icons in my main menu after I launch rxtools?

Thanks so much for replying, by the way. This is the most advanced hacking I've ever done or really plan to do.

Yup. Once you install the .cia file (with FBI) they should appear in your home menu once you launch rxTools.

Yup. Once you install the .cia file (with FBI) they should appear in your home menu once you launch rxTools.

Okay I am so damn close, the only problem I have now is that FBI doesn't like my databases. I've been following these guides: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

and just figured out how to make it a database file instead of something else. Before I did that FBI through the health and safety app said "database does not exist" or something along those lines. So I went into settings like it said to and let it repair/reset the files and tried again.

NOW, I've got more database problems but this time it says "Invalid databaseSave has check failed (0x...(it cuts off)" :

http://imgur.com/JITbWhe

I've tried this with with both the FBI.cia and (because I thought maybe I could just skip the step) my patched fire emblem .cia but it has the same error.

The only anomaly, the only difference I can spot between my stuff and any guide's lies with a step early in the process. I hope you can read this picture:

http://imgur.com/ROtmyIf

In conclusion: the next logical step for me I think is to delete one of these folders so FBI isn't getting confused, which is what I assume is happening since I don't know how it could be anything else, but I don't know if that'll ruin everything. You'll notice in the picture I have it saved as a backup at the step I'm at, but that won't help if I do the 3DS equivalent of deleting system 32 on accident when it was actually a common fbi error with an easy fix.

What do you think?

Also I'd like to thank y'all for the help you've given me so far; I know this isn't an "FBI installation guide for retards" forum and that all this talk of .cias (even if mine are legit) and the like are in a grey-zone for rules/intentions, but you've been so helpful so far and if I can just get this dumb installer working I'll have completed the journey and my life will be good forever.

@Codsonmaty Don't worry about it, this is a SUPPORT thread for a reason (we just get really irked at people who don't read the OP lol)

Sorry :/ I read it but I was just thinking maybe they dont update the OP often and have new info. That was my mindset anywas