[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

Oh my god, okay you guys won't believe this.

I got FBI working, finally! The problem was that in the instructions for every goddamn guide on the internet it just says "Go to Settings --> Data Management --> 3ds --> Software and let it repair your database"

What it DOESNT ever say is "Launch rxTools first you idiot --> Settings --> Data Management --> 3ds -- Software and let it repair your databases"

After I did that it worked and I was able to install FBI.cia for real, I have the app and everything.

So the next step is install fire emblem right?

WRONG! I don't have enough room on the SD card!

I'm laughing and how dumb and just hard this whole thing is and then I finally troubleshoot for hours and spend all my time on it only to be thwarted by about 900 Mbs of space I don't have!

It can't be that easy to just copy and paste my 3DS 4GB sd card's contents over to a 16GB one, can it? I'm probably going to have to restart this whole process but with all the files already at my disposal?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my god, okay you guys won't believe this.

I got FBI working, finally! The problem was that in the instructions for every goddamn guide on the internet it just says "Go to Settings --> Data Management --> 3ds --> Software and let it repair your database"

What it DOESNT ever say is "Launch rxTools first you idiot --> Settings --> Data Management --> 3ds -- Software and let it repair your databases"

After I did that it worked and I was able to install FBI.cia for real, I have the app and everything.

So the next step is install fire emblem right?

WRONG! I don't have enough room on the SD card!

I'm laughing and how dumb and just hard this whole thing is and then I finally troubleshoot for hours and spend all my time on it only to be thwarted by about 900 Mbs of space I don't have!

It can't be that easy to just copy and paste my 3DS 4GB sd card's contents over to a 16GB one, can it? I'm probably going to have to restart this whole process but with all the files already at my disposal?

I'm pretty sure it's that easy. IIRC you need to have the SD formatted a certain way, and then you copy paste the files over to the new one. Then once you boot up the 3ds it should configure itself for the new SD card and you're done.

http://imgur.com/qbIW3A3

holy hell I finally got it, got a new SD card and I DID have to go through everything again but it wasn't that bad.

if anyone else is trying to get this done I highly recommend this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xvtMBZrqXI

it really helped visualize what a lot of text guides couldn't.

As a final question to the very helpful forum, am I allowed to update the game? As in, when I launch it and it asks if it's cool to update the software? I don't plan on doing any spotpass or the like but maybe there's something else important? I don't know, that's for sure.

As a final question to the very helpful forum, am I allowed to update the game? As in, when I launch it and it asks if it's cool to update the software? I don't plan on doing any spotpass or the like but maybe there's something else important? I don't know, that's for sure.

Updates will break the patch, and they're required for online battles and DLC.

I would refer to other forums, like GBATemp and some others, regarding how to get the update without breaking the patch, since it crosses the gray zone, and we don't like that here lol.

Hello i patched the game and everything but when i try to play it on my o3ds with emunand 9.9 using rxtools it wont work even though the untraslated one is working quite well any help? when i enter it it tells me something wrong happend restarting the 3ds my main firmware is 7.1

Hello i patched the game and everything but when i try to play it on my o3ds with emunand 9.9 using rxtools it wont work even though the untraslated one is working quite well any help? when i enter it it tells me something wrong happend restarting the 3ds my main firmware is 7.1

I would redo the entire process. There's too many reasons you could've done something wrong, but you definitely should be able to use the patched version.

Just follow our Tutorial STEP BY STEP.

It should work without problems then.

Updates will break the patch, and they're required for online battles and DLC.

I would refer to other forums, like GBATemp and some others, regarding how to get the update without breaking the patch, since it crosses the gray zone, and we don't like that here lol.

I actually got a workaround for this in my N3DS, and I found it by accident actually, it works for cias but I'm not sure about 3ds or 3dz files.

What I did was simple, I just installed the patches and DLC first and the game after it. I can even play online (Where I found that everyone and their mothers are cheating sadly.)

Is there an update on the project for September? A monthly community update would be very welcome.

We'll try and have all the chapters done and released by the end of September, and possibly a large amount of supports may be released alongside. Progress has taken a big hit with the start of school, so it's uncertain right now.

Each path is about 50% complete, with Invisible Kingdom making significant progress in the last three days.

--

We're just really lacking on translating manpower right now. Amber and I have exams coming up, Shadowofchaos725 has long periods of work everyday, PotatoPower has schoolwork, and I may also be leaving the project to become a contributor for Gematsu. So, needless to say, we really need translators. Even if you're a beginner, chances are there's something for you too.

Guys can i use the translation patch if a got the original copy of the game?

Please, learn to read the OP...

|HOW TO| Play it on your 3D

Many of you asked how I can play it on my Nintendo 3DS.

I'll explain some methods now.

This Method works on every EUR/US/JAP Consoles with Firmware 9.2 or lower(Regionfree plugin needed)

Just read our README.TXT

=================================================================

= How to use the Fire Emblem If: Chapter Translation Patch v2.1 =

=================================================================

To use the patch, you'll need the following things:

-Python 2.7 should be installed on your PC!

-A 3DS on firmware <= 9.2.0 (one capable of running CFW).

-A .3ds file copy of the ROM for Fire Emblem: If Special Edition/Black Kingdom/White Kingdom dumped from a retail cartridge.

--> Dump the Game with Uncart and Cubic Ninja (+ Ninjhax) https://mega.co.nz/#!9gMBwaJA!Pd3qq3f3MWe7cDJAgZpHgsa1BumfBvGRzRf1zzSOgXQ

--> Or dump the Game with Gateway Launcher

-A copy of the patch files, downloaded from the appropriate location.

Posted · Hidden by Integrity, September 5, 2015 - roms, baby
Hidden by Integrity, September 5, 2015 - roms, baby

I got it to work but i can't seem to get the dlc to work any idea on how to make it work? *i downloaded a prepatched one* on rxtools? and thanks

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Integrity, September 5, 2015 - a doublepost about roms, baby
Hidden by Integrity, September 5, 2015 - a doublepost about roms, baby

*edit* or do i have to do something to change my emunand to japan one?

Edited by AxlZ
Posted · Hidden by Integrity, September 5, 2015 - responding to think about roms
Hidden by Integrity, September 5, 2015 - responding to think about roms

I got it to work but i can't seem to get the dlc to work any idea on how to make it work? *i downloaded a prepatched one* on rxtools? and thanks

You are aware that downloading a prepatched rom is piracy, right? Please don't talk about that here.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Integrity, September 5, 2015 - fffffffs
Hidden by Integrity, September 5, 2015 - fffffffs

You are aware that downloading a prepatched rom is piracy, right? Please don't talk about that here.

DLC's does NOT work on prepatched roms (I'm happy that it is like this!)

You have to build the patched rom by yourself by using our Tutorial

You have to delete the "icon.bin" inside of "patch/exefs/" before patching the game.

Edited by Cellenseres
Posted · Hidden by Integrity, September 5, 2015 - ffs
Hidden by Integrity, September 5, 2015 - ffs

That said the xorpads are easy to find and you can use them on a pirated copy of the special edition to remove the useless icon.bin, so you can use the downloaded dlc without problem.

:)

If you need a little help AxlZ, pm and I can mention a few places.

Sorry for projects which try and downplay piracy while embracing it for their own means. It's somewhat common tendency amongst Nintendo fans I'm noticing--New Super Mario Bros. had the same shit in it.

OK i hid about 800 posts namedropping a specific rom site, telling that guy not to namedrop the rom site while quoting it, and offering to give the guy links to other rom sites

seriously guys

When ever I load up the game and it gets to the read additional data part it goes right back to the home menu and has a error has occurred screen. Can anyone tell me why this happens? I'm using a N3ds Xl 9.0.0 20U CFW pasta.

Edited by DDR4Life