[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey so i'm looking for a little help here. I followed the instructions to install the patch via hans. However, when i try and run hans, it says that my .romfs path is invalid. Any ideas as to what i am doing wrong?

You need to make sure you have a folder in the root of your SD card not the "3ds" folder where all the apps go. The folder needs to be called "Hans" and the patch romfs needs to go inside there and renamed the games ID which can be easily found by the folder you got when you dumped the game. It needs to be cut off though. Ex. (I hope this can go here everyone I dont think it's against any poilcy or codes) Legend of Legacy for US is 00400000016DB0. So you'll wanna rename it 0016DB0. Rename the romfs I mean. and then put it into the hans folder, select romfs when youre doing the process and setr you mhz to 800 or whatever it is amd enjoy.

For all those who're interested in a HANS video -

Unless Cellenseres makes a video himself, the group actually will NOT make a video - all who can are too busy.

r.i.p.

I'll see if I can make one actually. To benefit the team a little or help out at least...like a little.

Ok guys Made the video Sorry if I tend to ramble :p BUT It's gonna be up on my channel, Link, Cellen or anyone else that would like to embed it in the op for use by anyone else because I suck at forums and embedding videos isent my strong suit..(see earlier post) SO it will be here

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHJkij9Ov4dygaL_Gh5VcoA

Watch it there throw it up on here doesnt matter to me, Just trying to help before I'm dead to the world with work. I did wanna say youll need to download a few things in order to do this, I dont have time to grab the links they're fairly easy to find with google I do name and show you the files needed in the video so yeah. Hope it helps! It should be up in about an hour :D

So I'm 100% positive that I did everything in the video correctly, but when I go to load the rom it gives me the normal loading (like with all the glitchy-looking stuff all over the screen) screen, but then the screen goes black and nothing happens. Any ideas?

Old 3ds btw, running 9.6

Edited by Wasp

So I'm 100% positive that I did everything in the video correctly, but when I go to load the rom it gives me the normal loading (like with all the glitchy-looking stuff all over the screen) screen, but then the screen goes black and nothing happens. Any ideas?

Old 3ds btw, running 9.6

I'm quoting this but for anyone who has any questions whatsoever PM your problem and I'll go over the problems youre experiencing in depth when I can. But for you Wasp I had to do mine twice for some reason, I think I messed up somewhere when I first rebuilt the .romfs file

I'll see if I can make one actually. To benefit the team a little or help out at least...like a little.

Your video was perfect! It was simple and easy to follow, even if you did ramble just a teeny tiny bit :P But the patch is all working and stuff.

Just to clarify, this patch only has the menus and stuff in English right? Not all of the dialogue and whatnot right? Because otherwise I messed up somewhere :O

EDIT: Oops. used the wrong patch :D

Edited by Praedyth

Your video was perfect! It was simple and easy to follow, even if you did ramble just a teeny tiny bit :P But the patch is all working and stuff.

Just to clarify, this patch only has the menus and stuff in English right? Not all of the dialogue and whatnot right? Because otherwise I messed up somewhere :O

EDIT: Oops. used the wrong patch :D

Aww thanks :D I tend to think about things too much so i trip over words a lot when I talk or just in general. Lol it makes it hard to give directions at work. But I'm glad it was easy for youj and everyone to follow, I slapped that crap together in literally 20 minutes.

Anybody know if I have a save file with Nohr and I buy the special edition will I be able to use the same save file with the special edition?

iirc it works. We've been using uploaded saves in the translation and they seem to work regardless of version.

I'm quoting this but for anyone who has any questions whatsoever PM your problem and I'll go over the problems youre experiencing in depth when I can. But for you Wasp I had to do mine twice for some reason, I think I messed up somewhere when I first rebuilt the .romfs file

Yea I tried that after a while and it worked, also I don't know if this would have any effect, but just in case anybody else is doing this: if you're putting the files from your SD onto a flash drive so you can use it for a faster computer--don't. I'm unsure if it has any confirmed effects, but I would suggest avoiding it if possible.

On a side note, does anybody know if you're able to do an "overall transfer" with the home brew from an O3DS to a N3DS? Like I have the English patch on my O3DS since my N3DS is on firmware 10.2 and I was curious if I could take the data on my O3DS SD card and use it to replace the files in my N3DS SD card, making my N3DS contain homebrew and the ability to play the English patch on the N3DS. If not, could somebody just post a link to a video or download that has the 10.2 home few files when they're released (note: I don't have cubic ninja or the mental ability to set up smashbroshax, so it would have to be something like themehax or menuhax)

Thanks guys.

Yea I tried that after a while and it worked, also I don't know if this would have any effect, but just in case anybody else is doing this: if you're putting the files from your SD onto a flash drive so you can use it for a faster computer--don't. I'm unsure if it has any confirmed effects, but I would suggest avoiding it if possible.

On a side note, does anybody know if you're able to do an "overall transfer" with the home brew from an O3DS to a N3DS? Like I have the English patch on my O3DS since my N3DS is on firmware 10.2 and I was curious if I could take the data on my O3DS SD card and use it to replace the files in my N3DS SD card, making my N3DS contain homebrew and the ability to play the English patch on the N3DS. If not, could somebody just post a link to a video or download that has the 10.2 home few files when they're released (note: I don't have cubic ninja or the mental ability to set up smashbroshax, so it would have to be something like themehax or menuhax)

Thanks guys.

To my knowledge you cannot just switch the files like that (if I'm wrong somebody correct me) I only know of how to transfer files from a smaller SD card to a bigger SD card and retain all data and homewbrew on that system without updating. I'd assume, at least were you able to transfer everything to the new system that it would cause errors and issues with almost everything you're trying to do. 10.2 might be a bit. The great Nintoldo Empire blocked all homebrew launching that wasent Ironhax or like Smashhax. Alternativley you could shell out and get an R4 card or whatever the hell its called for 3ds, Gateway?

iirc it works. We've been using uploaded saves in the translation and they seem to work regardless of version.

YUS! I'm now hype as all hell.

Edited by SniperBear

To my knowledge you cannot just switch the files like that (if I'm wrong somebody correct me) I only know of how to transfer files from a smaller SD card to a bigger SD card and retain all data and homewbrew on that system without updating. I'd assume, at least were you able to transfer everything to the new system that it would cause errors and issues with almost everything you're trying to do. 10.2 might be a bit. The great Nintoldo Empire blocked all homebrew launching that wasent Ironhax or like Smashhax. Alternativley you could shell out and get an R4 card or whatever the hell its called for 3ds, Gateway?

YUS! I'm now hype as all hell.

Damn, well for now I'll just try to comprehend what the Dutch guy in the tutorial is trying to say, but if anyone is up for making a smashbroshax tutorial (in English please, I wasn't joking when I said that the only full video tutorial is in Dutch) I'd be pretty thankful, if not then that's chill I guess.

i'm stuck with trying to dump my special edition cartridge. it says quickload failed, cannot open /brahma/ when i try to run uncart with ninjhax 2.5

is this because uncart doesnt work with the new ninjhax? or am i doing something wrong?

i dont expect to get the patch working yet since my n3ds is version 10.2 but i just wanted to get as far as dumping the game at least.

thanks for the english patch though it's really cool

i'm stuck with trying to dump my special edition cartridge. it says quickload failed, cannot open /brahma/ when i try to run uncart with ninjhax 2.5

is this because uncart doesnt work with the new ninjhax? or am i doing something wrong?

i dont expect to get the patch working yet since my n3ds is version 10.2 but i just wanted to get as far as dumping the game at least.

thanks for the english patch though it's really cool

Stop using uncart. You need to run "braindump" to dump the romfs of Fire Emblem. Uncart need Kernel Access which we don't have.