[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

I ran into a problem with the Foleo paralouge where the final scene cuts out. Does that happen anywhere else?

Not irregular. We were still having a lot of text limit problems and similar stuff when released (to hit deadline, and since everyone was getting restless). We're still in the revision process (which takes several weeks, when we take errors from the public users listed in the error log and fix it afterwards. Think of it kinda as of an "open beta.")

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried just getting the normal patch to work without the DLC? Building .cias is a lot more complex and unnecessary for just Nohr/Hoshido.

It was actually without DLC, I was trying to get it to work with my copy of Hoshido. Might be a bit unnecessary but I wanted to do it for the experience of doing it. I wanna figure this stuff out more someday anyways.

Buuuuuuuut... good news, after trying again I got it! https://a.pomf.cat/ryzwbm.png

I just booted it up, I'm so excited :D:

This looks really rad.

I was thinking about importing the special edition. Do any of you have any recommended sites to buy it off of?

Also, I can't find info on this specifically, but is the special edition New 3DS only? I only have a regular 3DS.

Don't worry, Fire Emblem If/Fates is not a new 3DS exclusive, whether it is the Special Edition or Hoshido/Nohr. It works on any 3DS/2DS

I just want to say that you guys are doing such a great job! Thank you!

Anyways, I notice that there are some characters' skinshipping dialogues that have been translated and they are awesome. Can you guys add the translation texts for their last lines (after the skinship) as well?

I just want to say that you guys are doing such a great job! Thank you!

Anyways, I notice that there are some characters' skinshipping dialogues that have been translated and they are awesome. Can you guys add the translation texts for their last lines (after the skinship) as well?

This has been answered many times...

The answer is as such: Are there subtitles? Then pretty much, yes. Are there no subtitles? lol nope.

This has been answered many times...

The answer is as such: Are there subtitles? Then pretty much, yes. Are there no subtitles? lol nope.

There are no dialogue boxes... So no translation? That is kinda sad, but oh well.

This looks really rad.

I was thinking about importing the special edition. Do any of you have any recommended sites to buy it off of?

Also, I can't find info on this specifically, but is the special edition New 3DS only? I only have a regular 3DS.

BTW if you want to import, I can actually buy the special edition off shelves. They're still findable in stores here in Japan (I know Sofmap Ikebukuro has one for instance). I don't know how much you'd save though.

i have a question please. I have rxtool 9-2-0U. so what i have to do is download the game .cia JPN version normally, download the patch, turn it into .cia format, install it with fbi and thats it?

The only thing you'll need to download is the patch and the various tools to install it, you get the game by dumping your own cart with braindump or a similar application.

The only thing you'll need to download is the patch and the various tools to install it, you get the game by dumping your own cart with braindump or a similar application.

I dont know if im being clear. i dont have the fisic game in other words, yea im a pirate bro. So i cant dump it. The tools that i use are rxtool and fbi to install and run .cias format games. Every other games that i have right now are from EUR and US region, id never patched .cia games before so thats why im asking. :D

I dont know if im being clear. i dont have the fisic game in other words, yea im a pirate bro. So i cant dump it. The tools that i use are rxtool and fbi to install and run .cias format games. Every other games that i have right now are from EUR and US region, id never patched .cia games before so thats why im asking. :D

I don't think we can help pirates here.

Agreed with dude, you need a cartridge of the game to be able to use it anyways. The patcher requires the .3DS file, xorpads, and the patch files. The .3DS files and xorpads come from your cart I'm pretty sure.

Hans is the translation team's only officially supported method, and since that requires having the game itself in order to play the patch, you might be out of luck. If you want to do it a different way, you'll probably have to figure out on your own (or you could just support IS and buy the game).

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

BTW if you want to import, I can actually buy the special edition off shelves. They're still findable in stores here in Japan (I know Sofmap Ikebukuro has one for instance). I don't know how much you'd save though.

That sounds great. Do you have skype or aim or what have you that we can use to work out a potential deal?

Hey guys, just thought I'd chime in.

I've got a homebrew enabled N3DS XL running 10.3 and I've successfully patched my copy of the Japanese "Black Kingdom" using HANS to redirect the ROMFS to the SD Card. However, after following a tutorial on page 25 or 29 that's written by someone who I've forgotten their name, I get a black screen after selecting "Casual" as my play type.

Is this known? I did search here and find that you have to shift or delete some files to stop the game from crashing, but I'm not sure. This is what works:

• Checking Save Data prompt
  • Nintendo / Intelligent Systems Presents intro video
  • Title screen (logo is correctly changed to Fire Emblem Fates, not the japanese version)
  • Start New Game menu
  • Select difficulty menu
  • Select game style menu

After that, the screen goes black, and the console hardlocks. Have to manually power it off. Kinda bummed, but does anyone know what the cause is? I've done the steps required, including trimming the 0x1000 Length off the ROMFS as per the patch guide. I using BrowserHax and HANS (as stated before).

Cheers!

That sounds like messed up file paths, but I'm not sure how it would happen or where to fix it. I assume the game crashes when it tries to load something and can't find it (the character creator, maybe?).

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Hmmm.... the only thing I did use was Asia81's AIO Extracting and Rebuilding kit on Windows 8.1.

EDIT: Haha! If you're using that kit, it makes all the files with the Japanese Kanji names (Shift-JIS or UTF-8?) like #####1 and such.

Maybe I should try rebuilding the package using the ROMFS Extractor and ROMFS Builder only, instead of letting the AIO tool extract the ROMFS by itself.

HANS does kick the console into JPN region mode though. And fun fact: if you try to press HOME while the game is running, it'll hard lockup. I think it's likely because the HOME Menu has no bindings for JPN region, and thus the 3DS just hits an exception.

Edited by Cubeburner