[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this community, you guys are working so hard to translate the game! I for one, will definitely be sharing any errors I find once I get the patch up and running. But there's one thing I would like to know beforehand; if someone else points out an error, and you fix it, will the fix be applied to the download? Or will the download still contain all of the errors that people have already pointed out? I just want to know this so I don't end up pointing out errors that have already been fixed. (assuming I would be able to spot the errors in the first place. xD)

Chapter 4

When talking to Sakura for the first time, 2 dialogues of the MC had an untranslated text while Sakura having an out of place reply (or is it because i just didn't understand what they were talking about?).

Here's a link http://i.imgur.com/JbrnOML.jpg

Also in chapter 3 i tried letting all units die, i forgot the name of the unit (the one who's a great knight) had a ??? text in the beginning.

Edited by CoffeeDonuts

Chapter 4

When talking to Sakura for the first time, 2 dialogues of the MC had an untranslated text while Sakura having an out of place reply (or is it because i just didn't understand what they were talking about?).

Here's a link http://i.imgur.com/JbrnOML.jpg

Chapter 4's fixed.

Also in chapter 3 i tried letting all units die, i forgot the name of the unit (the one who's a great knight) had a ??? text in the beginning.

Did the ??? text came when he died? Like his death quote or something?

I love this community, you guys are working so hard to translate the game! I for one, will definitely be sharing any errors I find once I get the patch up and running. But there's one thing I would like to know beforehand; if someone else points out an error, and you fix it, will the fix be applied to the download? Or will the download still contain all of the errors that people have already pointed out? I just want to know this so I don't end up pointing out errors that have already been fixed. (assuming I would be able to spot the errors in the first place. xD)

The current patch (2.0) will still contain the errors the people pointed out. The errors will only be fixed in the next patch.

Hard to keep up with what's already been posted, but these are in between chapter 4 and 5

4d38024e0235ed0e07284f918ec1b9aa.png'

Should be I have a bad feeling about this...

a538e637f1514c9dedbef5d4ace19899.png

Unnecessary space after apostrophe

PS I'm enjoying the heck out of it, good TL :)

Nice work on the translation, looks great! I do have a couple of questions regarding patching though, if anyone would be willing to help.

I've recently ordered an old Japanese 3DS and a copy of FE: Birthright and I was wondering a couple of things. I plan on getting Conquest as well as the third path digitally through the e-shop ASAP and I was wondering if I would be able to patch the game for all three paths or only for for the retail cartridge.

Also, from what I've read of the readme.txt, I only need a 3DS on firmware less than 9.2, a retail copy of FE and an SD card with 8 gigs? No need for a gateway card or Cubic Ninja, or am I wrong?

Sorry for the wall of text, but I appreciate the work you guys are putting into this.

Nice work on the translation, looks great! I do have a couple of questions regarding patching though, if anyone would be willing to help.

I've recently ordered an old Japanese 3DS and a copy of FE: Birthright and I was wondering a couple of things. I plan on getting Conquest as well as the third path digitally through the e-shop ASAP and I was wondering if I would be able to patch the game for all three paths or only for for the retail cartridge.

Also, from what I've read of the readme.txt, I only need a 3DS on firmware less than 9.2, a retail copy of FE and an SD card with 8 gigs? No need for a gateway card or Cubic Ninja, or am I wrong?

Sorry for the wall of text, but I appreciate the work you guys are putting into this.

If your getting a New 3DS you will need a gateway card, or cubic ninja. However, if your getting an old 3DS, you can use some free software to dump the game. Ether way, you don't actually need a Japanese 3DS. I don't know how it works exactly, but everyone says that all three methods work fine on any 3DS (as long as the version is below 9.2!). Make sure BEFORE you buy the 3DS that it's below version 9.2!!!

I'm not one of the developers, I'm just going off of what the other people in this exact forum have told me. They've been so helpful to me, i'm just glad that I could help someone else out for a change. :D

If your getting a New 3DS you will need a gateway card, or cubic ninja. However, if your getting an old 3DS, you can use some free software to dump the game. Ether way, you don't actually need a Japanese 3DS. I don't know how it works exactly, but everyone says that all three methods work fine on any 3DS (as long as the version is below 9.2!). Make sure BEFORE you buy the 3DS that it's below version 9.2!!!

I'm not one of the developers, I'm just going off of what the other people in this exact forum have told me. They've been so helpful to me, i'm just glad that I could help someone else out for a change. :D

Thanks for the clarification, nice of you to help! If someone else that is more involved with the project could further clarify, as well as answer whether or not I could patch all three paths, that would be great.

At the beginning of Nohr chapter 8, it skips past Joker saying

"Yes.

It's because we're nearing the"

And ends up only displaying "tribe's village."

Immediately after that, he says "This coldness..." but just "This cold..." would be better since it's referring to the temperature.

Edited by Kitsunin

Stupid question...but are you going to be translating supports and skinship conversations in the future?

Patch 3.0 or 4.0 [public] will have all the supports and skinship conversations. Uncensored, of course.

Thanks for the clarification, nice of you to help! If someone else that is more involved with the project could further clarify, as well as answer whether or not I could patch all three paths, that would be great.

To be honest, there aren't many people involved with the project who do the technical stuff - the other forum posters are just as good!

I don't know if this has been pointed out but it seems the Yes/No options were left untranslated in this patch version. This is very minor but still worth mentioning. Thanks for all your hard work.

Some pictures:

Hmm...that's weird, but we'll check it out. Thanks!

Oh, will you be translating the side stories? Like all the children ones for example.

Simply put, everything will be translated. However, getting the translated DLC into a patch is pretty tricky, and we might actually not be able to patch any DLC you have.

Darn, does that include the third route aswell? I could live without the other dlc but the third route is pretty big ;'(

The third route isn't included yet. Sorry.

We'll translate the third route and add the chapter to our future releases.

Edited by Cellenseres

Darn, does that include the third route aswell? I could live without the other dlc but the third route is pretty big ;'(

The third route isn't included yet. Sorry

I think he meant if we were going to translate the third path as well, which is yes.

not sure if its been posted yet, but in Chapter 3 or 4 ( I dont remember) When your main character dies there is an untranslated text.

Hm, I can't seem to find this one in either chapter... ><

Yeah its his death quote. If i remember correctly it was like "???ve ......."

Hard to keep up with what's already been posted, but these are in between chapter 4 and 5

'

Should be I have a bad feeling about this...

Unnecessary space after apostrophe

PS I'm enjoying the heck out of it, good TL :)

At the beginning of Nohr chapter 8, it skips past Joker saying

"Yes.

It's because we're nearing the"

And ends up only displaying "tribe's village."

Immediately after that, he says "This coldness..." but just "This cold..." would be better since it's referring to the temperature.

Got 'em! All death quotes facing the same issue have been fixed.

I don't know if this has been pointed out but it seems the Yes/No options were left untranslated in this patch version. This is very minor but still worth mentioning. Thanks for all your hard work.

Hmm, if you downloaded the 2.0 patch within half an hour of the initial release, please try to re-download and patch again! In the process of compressing it into an archive, files with Japanese characters in their names were botched.

Edited by Ranaline

Ah, I didn't see that it was mentioned (sorry if it had) but in chapter 5, there's a line from Takumi saying "Silence, Aqua! You are the same as him!". And I'm playing as f!Kamui. I know it's a small one. ><

Edit: Oh NVM, I missed it because it was mentioned under a spoiler!

Edited by Hatsuoki

If I was to download this patch, would street pass and the option to download dlc still be enabled on a Japanese 3ds on firmware 9.2 or lower (Ntr cfw's debugger would help to access the eshop on lower firmware)?

I would also like to thank you people for helping others who cannot read the Japanese language enjoy Fire Emblem Fates/If in English. :D

I just thought of something. Since I ordered FE Fates: Conquest, I should be able to download Birthright and patch that as well, right? After all, the patch magically makes the game compatible with 3DS versions outside of Japan (which is awesome, btw!).

It shouldn't be a problem, I trust this community. Someone would have warned me beforehand if I had to get the special edition for both sides to work properly, and I didn't see anyone else run into that problem. But I would like to make sure, just to be on the safe side.

If I was to download this patch, would street pass and the option to download dlc still be enabled on a Japanese 3ds on firmware 9.2 or lower (Ntr cfw's debugger would help to access the eshop on lower firmware)?

I would also like to thank you people for helping others who cannot read the Japanese language enjoy Fire Emblem Fates/If in English. :D

Yes it should, as long as you have a way to spoof the eshop, I used a eshop spoofer that I installed on my JP N3DS and was still able to access the eshop, and I did buy the DLC and it has stored on my JP NNID.

I just thought of something. Since I ordered FE Fates: Conquest, I should be able to download Birthright and patch that as well, right? After all, the patch magically makes the game compatible with 3DS versions outside of Japan (which is awesome, btw!).

It shouldn't be a problem, I trust this community. Someone would have warned me beforehand if I had to get the special edition for both sides to work properly, and I didn't see anyone else run into that problem. But I would like to make sure, just to be on the safe side.

Unless you have a 3DS that is 4.5~9.2 firmware (probably a bit higher on new 3ds, still maxes out at 9.2) you will NOT BE ABLE to run the patch, but if you do get a 3ds with that correct firmware you should be good to go, just need to install custom firmware, whether it be Pastacfw + NTR_CFW or a emuNAND with a cia installed, you should be able to run it, though it won't work with the actual physical cart of the game in the 3ds and running it from the actual cart.

Idk about the eshop version, no clue on anything about that, only know that currently the cia version is the only way to run the patch.

The best that the physical cart can do for you currently in this translation to play it is for you to dump the game into a .3ds and using the patcher to patch the game, which you still need 4.5~9.2 firmware.

Edited by Xanek