[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So just a question: If I want to play this translation, I'll need the special edition cart from Japan, right?

If that's the case, I am also hoping someone brilliant enough designs a romfs romhack thing for HANS, because it does feel like the best way to play translations in my opinion. I really like HANS, and I think it should be the standard to be honest!

Any of the versions of the game should work, you just will only be able to play the route(s) already on the cart.

Hans already is the officially endorsed way to play the patch.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Hey Everyone!

Some time ago, we've released our first Translation Patches for Fire Emblem If, the Menu Patch and the two Chapter Patches.

But today, we want to introduce our Chapter Patch [v3.0]!

This Patch contains all translated Chapters (up to Hoshido/Nohr Chapter 28), Tutorials, Menus, Paralogues and a lot of Supports!

We're working on the translation project since the JPN-Release of FE:If and finally we're able to share our progress with the Community!

If you have Questions, Suggestions or if you want to report bugs, errors or something else, use this thread for it, we'll answer as fast as we can!

If you plan to share this article, please include credit!!!

A project of the Community of Serenes Forest

Note: There are possibly some formatting issues with linebreaks in descriptions and some miscellaneous text. Please report any you find so that they can be fixed!

[spoiler=Screenshots]

[spoiler=Menu related Translations]

a47d687cdc.png

CIcTtwYWoAAD-Ao.pngtop_001857u6s.png

top_002028ufn.pngtop_0019aku8n.png

top_0021j8uj3.pngtop_0022euuxa.pngtop_0023tiunl.pngtop_0024b2uh7.png

[spoiler=Chapter related Translations]

caW8jWb.pngCkZzxL5.png

JSTncAB.pnghDCpWD8.png

yLaMHqB.pngLejL6QF.png

[spoiler=Image from Streetpass]CL6VqxUWUAAf3cS.jpg

[spoiler=Videos]

OFFICIAL VIDEO FOOTAGE (thanks to Linkmstr!)

[spoiler=Our Team]

Team:

BrunhildeKnight (Translator)

Cellenseres (Team Leader, Programmer)

DatKami (Editor)

Eldin Tokuro (Editor)

Kalimizu (Editor)

KentoBento (Translator)

Linkmstr (Editor)

Luyairis (Team Sub-Leader, Translator)

Master of Memes (Translator)

PotatoPower (Translator)

Ranaline (Editor)

SciresM (Team Leader, Programmer)

Members we'd like to Acknowledge:

AmberdoresqueTea (Translator)

Cakeasaurus (Translator)

Courtrecords (Proofreader)

CreaAtor135 (Proofreader)

Czar_Yoshi (Editor)

DJPlayer (Proofreader)

Gamespage (Tester)

GermanTacos

Horatio (Tester)

Kirokan (Translator)

PharaohsVizier (Translator)

RainThunder (Programmer)

Seri-Kun (Proofreader)

Shadowofchaos725 (Translator)

StormVentus (Editor)

Tymek (Editor)

Ziggyro (Proofreader)

Special Thanks to:

GovanifY

RainThunder

Smealum

If you helped us with this project and you name does not appear in our list, please write me a PM.

I'll add you then.

[spoiler=DOWNLOAD LINKS]

Fire Emblem If - Fan Translation Patch (Rom Patcher Version) [v3.0]

Fire Emblem If - Invisible Kingsom (Translated Files) (to use the translated files for Invisible Kingdom, you need to patch the DLC itself, it won't work by using this files for the main-game).

[spoiler=|HOW TO| Play it on your 3DS]

Many of you asked how I can play it on my Nintendo 3DS.

I'll explain some methods now.

This Method works on every EUR/US/JAP Consoles with Firmware 9.2 or lower(Regionfree plugin needed)

Just read our README.TXT

[spoiler=FAQ]

Q: Do we have to pay for this Patch?

A No, this Patch is completely free :) You don't need to pay for it.

Q: Can I download a copy of the modified Game here?

A: No, we don't support piracy. We won't released patched roms or cias.

Q: Does this Patch contains Support-Converstations already?

A: Unfortunately not. We're focusing on the Chapters at the moment.

You can expect some supports in our next patch.

Q: Will we lose our savedata every time we repatch and reinstall the game?

A: If you reinstall the game, the first page of saves will be wiped.

The saves on the second and third pages (one page for each additional path you have),

however, are stored on your SD card and will be kept.

Q: Can I play it on Firmware 9.3 and above?

A: We're working on a Patch which works by using the HomebrewLauncher using *Hax 2.5.

I have Firmware 9.3 or higher, can I play the Translation Patch?!?!EINSELF?!

does this have english subtitles

EDIT: Don't double post.

No, it does not have english subtitles for the movies. This statement needs to go in the first post, because it's been repeated a lot of times, and I'm sure the others here are tired of sounding like a cracked record...

Why no english subs? We can decode the Nintendo format used to play the video, but since it's a special format that will take time to reverse engineer, we can't encode to that format as of yet. If you want English subbed cutscenes, YouTube has truckloads of them. Go watch them.

As soon as the movie format can be freely decoded/encoded, I'm sure we'll see people modding the cutscenes. Until then, just chill and enjoy the japanese pure voice acting, rather than it getting replaced for a dub that really breaks the mood.

EDIT 2:

So the patch doesnt work with a Nohr game.

Wrong. I have a copy of the Nohr version, and it works fine. You're likely patching it wrong, or the ROMFS Decrypter/Dumper you're using is not respecting the UTF-8 filenames (ie. the Kanji in some of the folders get mangled to #### characters).

Edited by Cubeburner

Could use some help here please and thank you.

Do you have a file with that name and it's not being found by the xorer, or did you never get it in the first place?

Everything is working great now, just completed the Hoshido side! Great work guys! Also, is anything translated for the neutral path or just the two main sides?

Invisible Kingdom is completely translated, but impossible to patch normally. The translated files are available in the OP for anyone with the technical proficiency to figure it out themselves (you have to build a custom .cia and run it on a CFW), but we don't officially support it.

Do you have a file with that name and it's not being found by the xorer, or did you never get it in the first place?

Invisible Kingdom is completely translated, but impossible to patch normally. The translated files are available in the OP for anyone with the technical proficiency to figure it out themselves (you have to build a custom .cia and run it on a CFW), but we don't officially support it.

Btw can you still also use the FE: if/Fates Special Edition to Patch normally like the Hoshido/Nohr Patch for Homebrew Access on OoT3DHax.?

The JP SE works normally with this patch, both Hoshido and Nohr are available with just hans.

Ooh, does the JP Special Edition is available for Hans atm right now?

Edited by Tide of Waves

It always has been since the very start of the project, so long as you can get a copy. They're not as rare in Japan as the NA editions are, so you can import them just fine, for a bit of a price.

IK still doesn't work even if you have one, though, because it's not on the base cart. It's only Nohr and Hoshido.

When I generate the xorpads I only get 2 files with the names of: 000400000012DE00.Main.exefs_norm.xorpad 000400000012DE00.Main.exheader.xorpad

It always has been since the very start of the project, so long as you can get a copy. They're not as rare in Japan as the NA editions are, so you can import them just fine, for a bit of a price.

IK still doesn't work even if you have one, though, because it's not on the base cart. It's only Nohr and Hoshido.

Ah I see.!

Hey guys, just thought I'd chime in.

I've got a homebrew enabled N3DS XL running 10.3 and I've successfully patched my copy of the Japanese "Black Kingdom" using HANS to redirect the ROMFS to the SD Card. However, after following a tutorial on page 25 or 29 that's written by someone who I've forgotten their name, I get a black screen after selecting "Casual" as my play type.

Is this known? I did search here and find that you have to shift or delete some files to stop the game from crashing, but I'm not sure. This is what works:

• Checking Save Data prompt
  • Nintendo / Intelligent Systems Presents intro video
  • Title screen (logo is correctly changed to Fire Emblem Fates, not the japanese version)
  • Start New Game menu
  • Select difficulty menu
  • Select game style menu

After that, the screen goes black, and the console hardlocks. Have to manually power it off. Kinda bummed, but does anyone know what the cause is? I've done the steps required, including trimming the 0x1000 Length off the ROMFS as per the patch guide. I using BrowserHax and HANS (as stated before).

Cheers!

I'm having a similar issue, although I did use the RomFS Extractor and Builder from the start. I figured circumventing it was possible by loading the game without the .romfs enabled so its all in Japanese, creating a character and making a save as soon as possible, but when I relaunched it with the patch and started the tutorial battle or what have you, all of the sprites and portraits of every character isn't there. I see you've found a fix to the former, which I assume fixes the latter, but do you mind sharing what all you did to fix it? Or anyone else that might know of a fix, I'd really appreciate it.

Edited by Celestro

I'm having a similar issue, although I did use the RomFS Extractor and Builder from the start. I figured circumventing it was possible by loading the game without the .romfs enabled so its all in Japanese, creating a character and making a save as soon as possible, but when I relaunched it with the patch and started the tutorial battle or what have you, all of the sprites and portraits of every character isn't there. I see you've found a fix to the former, which I assume fixes the latter, but do you mind sharing what all you did to fix it? Or anyone else that might know of a fix, I'd really appreciate it.

That issue was resolved, it happens because your filepaths are messed up. Check his next two posts after that- he was basically using the wrong utility during part of the process.

Registered an account just to ask this, but now that Nintendo of America has gone completely off their shit will the patch you have planned for the official release re-enable the headpatting minigame/feature?

Edited by Grigori

Registered an account just to ask this, but now that Nintendo of America has gone completely off their shit will the patch you have planned for the official release re-enable the headpatting minigame/feature?

I doubt putting it back in would be an easy task or possible at all since most likely disabled/removed within the code and as far as I know you can't modify it.

Now I know the Western release has censored stuff left and right I want to play with this translation, I played an hour and so far it only bugs me that we have no subs during the cutscenes :( I know you guys can't re-encode a video back to MOFLEX? trying to recall the name but assuming the Western version has subbed videos you could bring them over? think I'll just have to wait till then to play.

If it's true that they removed that, odds are they did it the lazy way and just removed the option from a menu somewhere, leaving all the assets behind (games are full of unused content as-is, and if you were a dev you wouldn't want to risk breaking something else by removing stuff you didn't need to).