[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All IK fixes, and more supports.

In firmware 10.28, you can use homebrew HANS to patch the rom (temporarily). Any *hax should work as long as you have HANS available (why would it not be).

HANS doesn't support DLC patching though (that requires a modified .cia), so if you want to play Invisible Kingdom or any of the DLC, you'll need to downgrade to 9.2, then use a cfw, or gateway, install something like BBB or FBI, and install a modified .cia from that point.

The .cia is installed on the memory card on your 3DS. You can delete the .cia afterwards (iirc), you won't need the cartridge. Invisible Kingdom and all the DLC will of course work (it's contained within the .cia), but like I mentioned, playing the translated files is a different story.

Looks like I'm going to have to go the CFW route if HANS doesn't allow patching the DLC. I've done some research and just want to make sure I understand the process.

To be able to run Japanese CIA format games starting with an NA old 3DS 10.3.0.28:

1. Downgrade from 10.3 to 9.2

2. Install rxTools CFW

3. Update emuNAND (but leave sysNAND at 9.2)

4. Install a CIA installer such as FBI

5. Place a patched CIA of Fates on the SD card

6. Install the CIA file using FBI

When the CIA is installed, does it then work like a normal digital game, that is, can you launch it off the 3ds main menu, or do you have to use a program like HANS to launch it?

Since it will be a patched Japanese game, is there anything I have to do to get around the regionlock or will it just work with the cfw?

What about Invisible Kingdom and the DLC, how do I get it to work with the patched fates game? Do I just buy it off the eshop and patch it? Will I have to use the Japanese or NA eshop? Can I even access the Japanese eshop from an NA 3ds?

Thanks in advance.

Looks like I'm going to have to go the CFW route if HANS doesn't allow patching the DLC. I've done some research and just want to make sure I understand the process.

To be able to run Japanese CIA format games starting with an NA old 3DS 10.3.0.28:

1. Downgrade from 10.3 to 9.2

2. Install rxTools CFW

3. Update emuNAND (but leave sysNAND at 9.2)

4. Install a CIA installer such as FBI

5. Place a patched CIA of Fates on the SD card

6. Install the CIA file using FBI

When the CIA is installed, does it then work like a normal digital game, that is, can you launch it off the 3ds main menu, or do you have to use a program like HANS to launch it?

Since it will be a patched Japanese game, is there anything I have to do to get around the regionlock or will it just work with the cfw?

What about Invisible Kingdom and the DLC, how do I get it to work with the patched fates game? Do I just buy it off the eshop and patch it? Will I have to use the Japanese or NA eshop? Can I even access the Japanese eshop from an NA 3ds?

Thanks in advance.

5. Be sure that the patched .cia is on the SD card of the 3DS system (although if you're using a CFW that isn't Gateway I suppose it doesn't matter).

Yes, an installed .cia should just appear as a regular digital application. You can even delete the .cia off your SD card once it's installed.

Also, the CFW itself should be region-free, and the .cia will make it so you don't get a ban online. You should just be able to launch it normally.

Regarding IK and the DLC, you need to first buy it off the eshop, then do a lot of fancy work (decrpyting, replacing files, rebuilding, etc), and rebuild it as a custom .cia, and install that via BBM or FBI.

You'll have to use the Japanese eshop, it's not like you can download Japanese DLC on the NA eshop, lol.

And yes, you can access the Japanese e-shop on an American 3DS. That's a whole different story, but it isn't very complicated either.

Here's a general tip: Unless you really know what you're doing, don't attempt to extract, decrypt, and rebuild a custom .cia for making the DLC work. That stuff is complicated.

....there's another way that some people on this thread probably use but shh.

Edited by luyairis

5. Be sure that the patched .cia is on the SD card of the 3DS system (although if you're using a CFW that isn't Gateway I suppose it doesn't matter).

Yes, an installed .cia should just appear as a regular digital application. You can even delete the .cia off your SD card once it's installed.

Also, the CFW itself should be region-free, and the .cia will make it so you don't get a ban online. You should just be able to launch it normally.

Regarding IK and the DLC, you need to first buy it off the eshop, then do a lot of fancy work (decrpyting, replacing files, rebuilding, etc), and rebuild it as a custom .cia, and install that via BBM or FBI.

You'll have to use the Japanese eshop, it's not like you can download Japanese DLC on the NA eshop, lol.

And yes, you can access the Japanese e-shop on an American 3DS. That's a whole different story, but it isn't very complicated either.

Here's a general tip: Unless you really know what you're doing, don't attempt to extract, decrypt, and rebuild a custom .cia for making the DLC work. That stuff is complicated.

....there's another way that some people on this thread probably use but shh.

Thank you very much! So it looks like I am on the right track.

So I'll have to use the Japanese eshop to download the Japanese version of the DLC then. It sounds like it's a lot more complicated to get IK and the DLC to work with the translation patches - is that complicated stuff for applying the translation patches to the DLC or just for getting it to work with installed CIAs of the other Fates games? Is IK its own CIA file? What about the DLC maps?

At least if I could get Conquest and Birthright working with the translation patch that would be great, the DLC is a whole different matter then...

Edited by XaosLogos

Thank you very much! So it looks like I am on the right track.

So I'll have to use the Japanese eshop to download the Japanese version of the DLC then. It sounds like it's a lot more complicated to get IK and the DLC to work with the translation patches - is that complicated stuff for applying the translation patches to the DLC or just for getting it to work with installed CIAs of the other Fates games? Is IK its own CIA file? What about the DLC maps?

At least if I could get Conquest and Birthright working with the translation patch that would be great, the DLC is a whole different matter then...

Applying anything to a .cia requires you decrypt the game, then take our files, rebuild a .cia, reencrypt it, and install it. Which most people can't do.

A .cia should be able to hold all of If and its dlc, but it's also a common thing to install DLC with a separate .cia. All of which you'll have to rebuild.

As for now, I would recommend you get the normal version of our translation working, then worry about the complicated stuff.

So here's my question, just thought of this. Once the english version is released next month, will that make translation easier?

I'm not an active member, but no.

Referencing the English dialogue, which at this point pretty much looks like it's heavily changed, will only kill the point of this project.

Any chance that there will be multiple mod versions for the Western releases, or will there only be a single patch version for the NA and EU versions respectively? I ask this because I would like to play the Amie bits while also being able to play the official localization and see the changes made in the text firsthand. I understand if this doesn't happen because of time limitations or just general lack of interest but I believe there could be enough of an audience in a similar position to mine to justify this.

Any chance that there will be multiple mod versions for the Western releases, or will there only be a single patch version for the NA and EU versions respectively? I ask this because I would like to play the Amie bits while also being able to play the official localization and see the changes made in the text firsthand. I understand if this doesn't happen because of time limitations or just general lack of interest but I believe there could be enough of an audience in a similar position to mine to justify this.

Already said we would. Look back a page or two. Should be somewhere there.

Already said we would. Look back a page or two. Should be somewhere there.

Oh sorry about that! I misinterpreted your posts earlier and thought that meant it would just be an addition to the Serenes tl, not a patch just by itself. Just for curiosity's/clarity's sake, could you tell me if this is an accurate list of patches planned:

-[JP Ver] Full Serenes TL Patch

-[JP Ver] Official localized TL with JP names Patch

-[West vers] Amie restoration only

-[West vers] Full Serenes TL Patch

-[West vers] JP names patch

With all the West versions getting Amie restored if possible, presumably. I just want to know what my future options are is all.

Oh sorry about that! I misinterpreted your posts earlier and thought that meant it would just be an addition to the Serenes tl, not a patch just by itself. Just for curiosity's/clarity's sake, could you tell me if this is an accurate list of patches planned:

-[JP Ver] Full Serenes TL Patch

-[JP Ver] Official localized TL with JP names Patch

-[West vers] Amie restoration only

-[West vers] Full Serenes TL Patch

-[West vers] JP names patch

With all the West versions getting Amie restored if possible, presumably. I just want to know what my future options are is all.

Only the Serenes Full TL, Western name restoration and Amie restoration patch are officially planned, but as a general rule, what you listed is what we would like to do, given we have time to.

Applying the English official TL to the Japanese version may be piracy, though.

We can't guarantee anything until we get our own copies of the Fates SE and dig through the files, though.

Only the Serenes Full TL, Western name restoration and Amie restoration patch are officially planned, but as a general rule, what you listed is what we would like to do, given we have time to.

Applying the English official TL to the Japanese version may be piracy, though.

We can't guarantee anything until we get our own copies of the Fates SE and dig through the files, though.

I have a question, if the Amie/Live2d asset is entirely removed rather than locked or disabled in NA cartridge, is it still possible to restore the Amie function

itself? I believe the 2d asset itself is quite large and I could see NoA removed the entire asset to cut some production costs.

And if the team successfully restore the function, will it be complete silence or japanese voice during conversation since NA didn't record anything

for Amie in the first place?

Appreciate the hard work translation team, been a long time lurker and everyone here from Indonesia is excited with the possibility of restoration patch.

Thanks you!

I have a question, if the Amie/Live2d asset is entirely removed rather than locked or disabled in NA cartridge, is it still possible to restore the Amie function

itself? I believe the 2d asset itself is quite large and I could see NoA removed the entire asset to cut some production costs.

And if the team successfully restore the function, will it be complete silence or japanese voice during conversation since NA didn't record anything

for Amie in the first place?

Appreciate the hard work translation team, been a long time lurker and everyone here from Indonesia is excited with the possibility of restoration patch.

Thanks you!

Cutting production costs is more likely they just disabled instead of removed completely. If they did remove it completely though, we will attempt to modify the code (the deep sections) to restore Amie into FE:Fates.

Should Amie be restored, the voice files will depend. If NoA originally did record Amie files, chances are those files are still there and we'll restore it. If not, we'll attempt to add the Japanese files to the library and use those.

Has anyone tried backing up the save, deleting the game, and then reinstalling and applying the save to see if supports would be saved in the museum yet? It'd be cool to go back in future patches and see the ones I missed.

Also did anyone end up translating the games cutscenes on yt? Couldn't find it with a quick search.

Has anyone tried backing up the save, deleting the game, and then reinstalling and applying the save to see if supports would be saved in the museum yet? It'd be cool to go back in future patches and see the ones I missed.

Also did anyone end up translating the games cutscenes on yt? Couldn't find it with a quick search.

HiMyNameIsMaurice uploaded all the cutscenes subbed I believe