[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

I am so sorry if this has been asked before but there are 72 pages of this and I'm not nearly as knowledgeable on how patches such as this may work

I have a couple of questions that I would really appreciate any help with

-I realize the patch will work with all versions, but does this mean all physical, digital and special edition versions of all versions of fates? for example the european version of the special edition.

-I have no clue about how to install or use this patch, but will it require me to go through a lot of instructions before I can get it running? or is it as simple as downloading it to an SD card and placing it in my 3ds?

-is it possible to download only specific parts of the patch? I am not at all bothered by the removal of the tapping portion of skinship and I'm looking forward to the official localization, but is it possible to only have the japanese audio functioning?

and keep up the amazing work!

There are 72 pages and you only needed to check out page 1 and page 71.

But I'll answer your questions anyways.

1. The patcher will only work with the physical copies of the game.

2. You could check out the patch installation page yourself on instruction details.

3. Please read the OP, more specifically the part on restoration patches.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 72 pages and you only needed to check out page 1 and page 71.

But I'll answer your questions anyways.

1. The patcher will only work with the physical copies of the game.

2. You could check out the patch installation page yourself on instruction details.

3. Please read the OP, more specifically the part on restoration patches.

Thank you! I'm sorry if I shouldn't have asked, its just I don't really understand how patches like this work and even after reading the OP I still was confused over a few things, but thank you for your help! I have a better idea on it now

OP updated!

[spoiler=INFORMATION ABOUT RESTAURATION PATCHES!]Team If also plans to release several patches for Fire Emblem: Fates, following several controversial decisions made by Nintendo:

The currently existing patcher will be modified to work with Fire Emblem: Fates (all editions). We will release several patch packs (as possible). Here are the following packs:

- Amie restoration

- Japanese dub restoration

- Japanese name restoration

- Fan-Translation

Packs that need to be verified are legal:

- Official Japanese text pack

- Official NA text pack (for Japanese-edition users)

Any combination of them is possible. SciresM plans to make it so if you want it, just unzip the pack in the patcher, instructions to follow.

oh my God, i love you guys, im not gonna regretting preorder the SE (i dont have to buy the JP ver ;_; )

Yo guys question, a bit unrelated to the patch itself but thought you guys may be able to help me out, say I have the third path DLC downloaded, and already ran it through Decryp9, how exactly did you guys extract the content?

So at this point as a CFW user would it be more quick/efficient to transfer my save to an American copy fully delocalized, or are support translations almost wrapped up at this point?

I'm kinda curious about this too. I guess they won't know how long the patches will take and whats possible before the games released and they've had a crack at them?

The tutorial linked in the OP is both in a fairly unobvious location (why isn't it at the very top? It's what everyone wants to know) and very outdated- while it mentions the possibility of using hans + homebrew, all the instructions given are for CFWs. If you want people to do their own research, fine, but at least point them in the right direction (eg: "google 'hans homebrew'").

Thank you! I'm sorry if I shouldn't have asked, its just I don't really understand how patches like this work and even after reading the OP I still was confused over a few things, but thank you for your help! I have a better idea on it now

As a quick rundown of what you need to do...

1. Install Homebrew on your 3ds using your preferred exploit. A list of exploits and the materials needed to use them can be found here.

2. Dump your physical copy of the game with Braindump, which comes with the standard homebrew kit. Any JP copy works, and once the delocalization patcher is ready any copy period will work.

3. Obtain xorpads for your game. I'm unsure what the team's officially recommended way to do this above 9.3 is.

4. Run your dumped game and the xorpads through the patcher.

5. Put the patched .romfs in the homebrew hans folder on your SD card, then open homebrew on your 3ds and launch the game using hans.

Yo guys question, a bit unrelated to the patch itself but thought you guys may be able to help me out, say I have the third path DLC downloaded, and already ran it through Decryp9, how exactly did you guys extract the content?

If you have the content completely decrypted, try using something like EveryFileExplorer? No clue. Remember, the DLC patching isn't officially supported.

Sorry for noob question, but would I need to be on a certain firmware version (e.g., under 10.3 etc) for the future restoration patches? Thanks!

You need to be able to install Homebrew on your 3ds. That's possible on the latest firmware, though it is slightly easier on 10.3 and below. If you're on 9.2, stay there and just use emunand and CFWs to ensure whatever exploit you're using doesn't get patched in the future.

I'm kinda curious about this too. I guess they won't know how long the patches will take and whats possible before the games released and they've had a crack at them?

I wouldn't count on saves being compatible across different versions (JP, NA, EU), so if you're already playing on a certain edition plan on staying there.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

I think the best option if you really want the optional content (AKA Amie, if it's not possible to patch it back in) is to either pirate the game or get the Japanese versions (since I'm not sure you can still get the Special Edition). Seriously, giving money to Nintendo of America is surely an option we should avoid when we have better options like the ones I mentioned.

I think the best option if you really want the optional content (AKA Amie, if it's not possible to patch it back in) is to either pirate the game or get the Japanese versions (since I'm not sure you can still get the Special Edition). Seriously, giving money to Nintendo of America is surely an option we should avoid when we have better options like the ones I mentioned.

I would recommend you read the forum rules...

For those wanting the amie/skinship/face-rubbing restoration, don't get too hopeful for it since there's still a chance that we may not be able to restore it despite the Live2D assets being in there.

Your best bet for "restoring" it would to simply lift the US script and put it in the JP ROM. The required work would be minimal, but it would obviously have to be done on a site other than here.

Your best bet for "restoring" it would to simply lift the US script and put it in the JP ROM. The required work would be minimal, but it would obviously have to be done on a site other than here.

"Restoration patch". As in, bringing the amie/face-rubbing/skinship mini-game back to the US version of the game.

There's nothing to "restore" on the JP version since it already has the mini-game intact.

Edited by Linkmstr

"Restoration patch". As in, bringing the amie/face-rubbing/skinship mini-game back to the US version of the game.

There's nothing to "restore" on the JP version since it already has the mini-game intact.

Putting the US script into the JP ROM effectively would give you a US ROM that has all the amie minigame. You could even change the region of the ROM if that tickled your fancy too.

Putting the US script into the JP ROM effectively would give you a US ROM that has all the amie minigame. You could even change the region of the ROM if that tickled your fancy too.

The restoration patch is only for those that only have the US/EU versions of Fates. Also, we don't support piracy, so buy both the US/EU and JP versions of the game and back them up if you want to use roms so much.

First off, flat-out copying the NA script runs into copyright issues, and second it doesn't help people with NA games who want Amie back, so that doesn't work.

^^^Another reason why we're most likely not going to put in the US script into the JP version of the game. We don't want to run into major trouble with the law.

Edited by Linkmstr

The translated North American script that is in the official game is copyrighted. Any patches that try to use that script will be removed from the site.

I uh, hate to put this question out again in case it wasn't being answered for a reason, but since it's been stated that the team isn't in need of any additional help and all the attention is on the delocalization patch now, does that mean all/most of the supports are ready for the next patch?

The translated North American script that is in the official game is copyrighted. Any patches that try to use that script will be removed from the site.

That clears that up. Time to edit the OP.

I uh, hate to put this question out again in case it wasn't being answered for a reason, but since it's been stated that the team isn't in need of any additional help and all the attention is on the delocalization patch now, does that mean all/most of the supports are ready for the next patch?

Maybe, but I wouldn't count on it. It just means more people wouldn't speed the process up much, which could be for a variety of reasons.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

this place is not about pirating anything i myself purchase the Japanese version

Alright so, I managed to extract the contents from my DLC cia, but the extractor doesn't play well with Japanese characters, and thus makes it impossible to rebuild the dlc with my edits.

2kg6YkG.png

Anyone know of any good CIA DLC extractor that won't mess up the filenames?

To clarify further: if you guys can manage to make a restoration patch without using the NoA translation on the Japanese game, that's fine to post here. The basic rule of thumb is that all patches need to not include any copyrighted assets. So, basically it hinges on whether or not they truly removed the content or just blocked it off with some code.

^ Does that mean the restoration patch is a no-go?

Should I just stick to buying a Japanese version and use the patch instead?

The delocalization patches will apply to the NA game and restore things to their JP counterparts (names, etc). It won't apply to the JP version, and it won't require putting an unmodified version of NoA's script anywhere.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi