[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

Hi, I read the manual and I'm sad that I can't play it with the translation. I have a retail cartridge of FE IF Nohr with all DLCs and an O3DS JP with only browser hax for free region, but I don't use CFW. :(

That tutorial is garbage, it hasn't been updated in months because apparently the team really likes answering questions themselves. You can use it just fine on the latest firmware like this:

1. Install Homebrew on your 3ds using your preferred entrypoint. Here are all the files you need to get started, along with a list of entrypoints and instructions for each.

2. Dump your game using Braindump. Make sure you have plenty or room on your SD card (at least 2GB, to be safe).

3. Obtain xorpads for your game using various homebrew. I'm unsure what the team's officially endorsed method for this on 10.5 is, and would appreciate someone weighing in.

4. Insert the dumped game and xorpads into the patcher.

5. Put the resulting file in the /hans folder on your 3ds's SD card. Launch Homebrew, insert the game, and launch it using hans.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are getting their NA copies already it seems, now it's just a matter of waiting for all those sweet supports to be scrubbed and added into the patch.

there's also a changed support that nobody liked in the first place (that's not censorship, it's improving a product based on user feedback).

Will this patch be going for the original or the better changed one then?

The original (anything else, and censorship people will be furious). But the script restoration will be optional, you can just change the names, audio, other stuff and leave NoA's script as-is if you want.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

The original (anything else, and censorship people will be furious). But the script restoration will be optional, you can just change the names, audio, other stuff and leave NoA's script as-is if you want.

Nice, does it work a similar way for us with CFW on the Japanese release? I thought there might have been some issue regarding the NoA script being copyrighted and therefore prohibited from being shared.

There won't be a patch to insert the NoA script into the JP version, if you want the localized script you'll need to get the NA version. This is due to copyright stuff.

How will the remaining supports work then on Japanese SE? Or would there be some way to patch them in from the NoA script if we had a copy of that too?

That's the localization.

So, to return to the question at hand:

I don't know if that's a joke or not, but what does it have to do with this patch?

Complaining about the localization has nothing to do with the English patch, unless the patch is going to faithfully follow in the localization's footsteps.

That tutorial is garbage, it hasn't been updated in months because apparently the team really likes answering questions themselves. You can use it just fine on the latest firmware like this:

Thanks! I will try it later. Kinda busy till next weekend.

There will be a "cleaned up" version of the NA supports inserted into the JP version. That's the plan, at least.

I thought using any references to the NA version would kill the point of this project? I just thought any untranslated supports would remain so until someone did it? Hell, if anything, I want to add the voice tags back into supports.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I thought using any references to the NA version would kill the point of this project? I just thought any untranslated supports would remain so until someone did it? Hell, if anything, I want to add the voice tags back into supports.

If you want to add voice events into supports, you'll need to write down what each event says, I made a support script that you can use to hear the events for a character;

$t1$Wmルフレ|3$w0|$Wsルフレ|$Wa$SvpVOICE_REFLET_B_GUARD_INIT|b guard init$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_ETC_03|etc 03$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_ETC_04|etc 04$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_ETC_05|etc 05$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_ETC_06 VOICE_REFLET_ATTACK_L|attack l$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_ATTACK_H|ATTACK_H$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_DAMAGE_L|DAMAGE_L$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_DAMAGE_H|DAMAGE_H$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_DEAD|DEAD$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_WIN|WIN$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_B_ATTACK|B_ATTACK$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_B_GUARD|B_GUARD$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_B_SUPPORT|B_SUPPORT$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_B_WIN|B_WIN$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_CURED|CURED$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_CUT_IN|CUT_IN$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_DAMAGE_00|DAMAGE_00$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_B_SUPPORT_08|B_SUPPORT_08$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_B_SUPPORT_01|B_SUPPORT_01$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_WIN_00|WIN_00$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_ETC_00|ETC_00$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_ATTACK_L_00|ATTACK_L_00$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_ATTACK_L_01|ATTACK_L_01$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_ATTACK_L_02|ATTACK_L_02$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_ATTACK_L_03|ATTACK_L_03$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_ATTACK_H_00|ATTACK_H_00$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_ATTACK_H_01|ATTACK_H_01$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_DAMAGE_01|DAMAGE_01$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_DAMAGE_02|DAMAGE_02$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_DAMAGE_03|DAMAGE_03$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_DAMAGE_04|DAMAGE_04$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_DAMAGE_05|DAMAGE_05$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_DEAD_00|DEAD_00$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_WIN_01|WIN_01$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_WIN_02|WIN_02$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_WIN_03|WIN_03$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_WIN_04|WIN_04$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_WIN_05|WIN_05$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_WIN_06|WIN_06$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_B_ATTACK_00|B_ATTACK_00$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_B_ATTACK_01|B_ATTACK_01$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_B_ATTACK_02|B_ATTACK_02$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_B_ATTACK_03|B_ATTACK_03$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_B_ATTACK_04|B_ATTACK_04$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_B_GUARD_00|B_GUARD_00$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_B_GUARD_01|B_GUARD_01$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_B_GUARD_02|B_GUARD_02$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_B_SUPPORT_00|B_SUPPORT_00$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_B_SUPPORT_01|B_SUPPORT_01$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_B_SUPPORT_02|B_SUPPORT_02$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_B_SUPPORT_03|B_SUPPORT_03$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_B_SUPPORT_04|B_SUPPORT_04$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_B_SUPPORT_05|B_SUPPORT_05$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_B_SUPPORT_06|B_SUPPORT_06$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_B_SUPPORT_07|B_SUPPORT_07$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_B_SUPPORT_08|B_SUPPORT_08$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_B_SUPPORT_09|B_SUPPORT_09$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_B_WIN_00|B_WIN_00$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_B_WIN_01|B_WIN_01$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_B_WIN_02|B_WIN_02$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_CUT_IN_00|CUT_IN_00$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_CUT_IN_01|CUT_IN_01$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_CUT_IN_02|CUT_IN_02$k$p$SvpVOICE_REFLET_CUT_IN_03|CUT_IN_03$k

Just replace every Refelt/Rufure reference with whatever support you want, I can give you my Tsubaki_Kazahana file where I replaced C to obtain Refelt voice files, B to obtain Lucina voice files, A for Ike voice files, and S for Marth voice files (although S doesnt seem to work, probably derped something there), just drag the file into FEAT to make it a bin.lz and place it in the m folder in the romfs.

Edit: Serene's doesn't like Japanese filenames, but the filename is supposed to be カザハナ_ツバキ.txt and カザハナ_ツバキ.bin.lz when compressed

カザãƒãƒŠ_ツãƒã‚­.txt

Edited by DeathChaos25

wait so were are getting the NOA supports instead of someone translating the Japanese ones ?

Question: is there any way for me, a PAL 3DS user, to access the US eShop with something like tubehax?

With just Homebrew? Nope.

wait so were are getting the NOA supports instead of someone translating the Japanese ones ?

You're getting a version of the NA supports that we're going to clean and decensor to the true Japanese text.

Since Fates is releasing in America soon, I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to the fan translation team for making this patch and allowing me to play the Japanese version with the fan translation. Great work!

A special thanks to luyairis for answering all my silly questions!

i have played the localized version yesterday and put your translated version next to it, i prefer your translation over Ninty's..

keep up the good work guys, much love <3

( i rather want Marx over Xander and Foleo over Forrest etc. XD , so now will be waiting for the updates on this ORIGINAL translation especially 'support chats' )

thankfully saves can be taken over, i will play the localized version very slow.. i kind of want to waait for new update from you guys..

i think i will.. just play your Version and wait for a new update :3 .

Edited by LeonMagnus

after hearing comments on the cut content from the JPN ver to the NA, this makes me like the JPN version even more as it has all the good stuff that NA has cut of, which is why the JPN ver of if/fates is superior to NA/EU (i wonder what content will be cut from the EU ver, unlike the NA ver).

The EU ver isn't out yet, wonder when it'll be released, so my point here is:

can i run the EU ver of Fate (if) on my EU 3ds (2ds actually), with the delocalization patch/content restore from {Team IF} so i have my region's fates with the third path include on the game (EU special edition which has all three paths in one cart) and have all the extra, special, spicy, sweet JPN content from the IF version?