New Fire Emblem Hack

Rodge

Hello all you people out there, I've been working on a new fire emblem hack called Roy's adventure a hack of fire emblem 8 the sacred stones that is currently still in development. I'm hoping you people will like it, I've gotten permission from Chigai to use his own made portrait for this hack, I'm hoping you will all enjoy it, the hack has been tested up to chapter 9, and I'm looking to see if people will like it out there, have fun with it! post-11568-0-80164800-1438123987_thumb.png also, I hope you like having FE6 in FE8 because that's what the game is about! <3 Have fun and Happy hacking!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pholg9jyvdh0x3b/AAAg1TD91omLS5kUObM2S6Xka?dl=0

Edited by Rodge

I would recommend showing screens and more details of the game in your orginal post of this thread so people have an idea of what it looks like and what it is about.

• 1 month later...

All you really did was replaced the character mugs with FE6 characters, and changed the dialog to have their names in it. You didn't even bother to put Roy's sprite in the game, it's still Ephraim but with a Roy mug. Lol. It's just a re-skinned version of FE8 with FE6 character mugs. No offense, not trying to be an a-hole, but I wouldn't recommend anyone waste their time with this 'hack', you either rushed it or were too lazy to even really change anything.

Edited by RoyGoneRogue

I don't know if Rodge is still working on this, but I'm actually doing this same thing xD Mostly as something to play around with to get use to using FEditor and Nightmare, alongside numerous other tools. So far, I've replaced most (if not, all) characters, recolored FE6/7 portraits to use FE8 colors. If Rodge gave up on this project and people actually want to see a glorified FE8 reskin I could make a new thread featuring it.

Other gameplay stuff I had changed

[spoiler=]

-The three pegasus riders have had their hair recolored to red, blue, and green. A small reference to three creation goddesses.
-Lyn's lord and bladelord sprites replaces the female myrmidon and swordmaster.

-All thief classes don't lockpick and can unlock for free.
-Rogue is now Trickster (and now uses Eliwood's lord sprite) [skill: Movement +3]
-Generals can't use swords.
-Wyvern riders use axes instead of lances

-Wyven lords use axes and lances instead of swords and lances

-No trainee units

-Nomad Troopers replace Rangers

-Legendary weapons have unlimited uses but will be balanced accordingly

-All weapons will have descriptions (nitpicky)

Edited by Pink 0mega

hmmm I know we have to stop bringing this thread, but Rodge if you can pls rename your hack becasue I am making a rom hack of FE7 called "new' Fire Emblem. If you don't want to I could rename mine, but sharing the name can't happen.

Sorry for necroing the dead.

Wow, this post got people fired up... Sorry about this, when I posted this, I was brand new, as for people calling me lazy, sorry that this was my first time trying to do a hack. As for people who are going to call me a necroposter. I could care less. It's my own topic, and well... I'm sorry about this, but I might have to leave soon. So I'll let this be done quickly. Listen. I just can't be bothered with hacking anymore. Sorry, and before you say OH I SEE it's because he got critiqued by RoyGoneRogue. Don't even post if it's going to be like that. I'm just tired of it, I'm thinking of just making hacks for my own personal amusement. If I knew more, I'd do more. But Nobody in chat has helped me other than a few, some have offered. Yet haven't done so.

And probably won't consdering how long I've been gone, I'll be back eventually, but probably not for a long time, If you wanted to know the reason why I even made this, it's because I wanted to make reskins more popular. that's all. Sorry if I offended you by making a piece of ****. But anyhow, I may be more active, may not be. I'm just currently not in the mood for fire emblem hacks right now. Nor am I in the mood for really anything but a trading card game. I might be back soon enough however. but eh. I'm just going to leave for now. Thanks for the Critique guys. I really appreciated it. I'll try to make something better next time, if I get back into fire emblem. Tata!~

I don't know if Rodge is still working on this, but I'm actually doing this same thing xD Mostly as something to play around with to get use to using FEditor and Nightmare, alongside numerous other tools. So far, I've replaced most (if not, all) characters, recolored FE6/7 portraits to use FE8 colors. If Rodge gave up on this project and people actually want to see a glorified FE8 reskin I could make a new thread featuring it.

-The three pegasus riders have had their hair recolored to red, blue, and green. A small reference to three creation goddesses.

-Rogue is now Trickster (and now uses Eliwood's lord sprite) [skill: Movement +3]

-Wyvern lords use axes and lances instead of swords and lances

-No trainee units

Also, as for you, I have given up on fire emblem hacking for now, so I declare you do. i'd love to see it.

Edited by Ghastly

Posted · Hidden by ghast, September 13, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by ghast, September 13, 2015 - No reason given

-Wyvern lords use axes and lances instead of swords and lances

-No trainee units

Also, as for you, I have given up on fire emblem hacking for now, so I declare you do. i'd love to see it.

As for people who are going to call me a necroposter. I could care less. It's my own topic, and well...

But Nobody in chat has helped me other than a few, some have offered. Yet haven't done so.

Sorry if I offended you by making a piece of ****.

There's no rule against necroing your own project threads, so don't worry about that.

Nobody helped you? What did you need help with? But either way, there tend to be a lot of questions around here and if you have something you want answered, the best way, by far, to have it happen is to make more than one post. They don't have to be spam, or nagging, just something to show that you're still here and would see a response if it was made.

It's not your fault you got slammed by someone whose sense of entitlement got the better of them. So long as you're hacking for fun, the fun you get from putting the thing together is what matters, and the end result and our enjoyment (or not) of it are just byproducts, be they good or bad- so keep that in mind if you do continue and focus on why you make things in the first place (hint: it's not for us).

If you come back, see you around.