Angelcynn: The Myrcian Conflict (OOC) - ALL FULL

Shin

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I can appreciate the effort you've put in to try and amend things, I'm afraid that you've only done it on a very superficial level and the bare minimum at that. There are still several questions that are left unanswered, as well as keeping in the same issue with regards to the tone of his motivation. Did he straight up just leave home when his grandfather passed away? Has he literally decided to go walkies when war's brewing on the continent? This again is a sign up that really doesn't integrate well with the setting and considering the extensive prodding and critiquing I've had to give, it's unlikely that you're going to have a satisfying experience here. This is in addition to your known "minimalist" writing style from other RP's.

I'm going to have to decline your sign up once again and would prefer it if you did not try again - I won't be accepting a character from you in future. You've been through several characters, and been given in depth feedback each time, and you're still not producing a suitable character for this RP. I wish you the best of luck and would like to remind you that this isn't a "come back and try again later", it's a "thanks for trying, but I'd recommend going elsewhere". This is non-negotiable.

• 2 months later...

wowee this sure wasn't used in a while

anyways posting plan here to speed things up

"Constance to (6,10), mend Freya

Freya to (8,8), attack archer #3 with javelin (just to equip javelin, but maybe good luck happens?)

Alain to (7,10), attack archer #3 (83 hit but kill.)

Suleiman... waits I guess. He can go to (7,9) and tank a meteor fine though, and puts him closer to battle next turn. Also can attack the archer with the iron lance if he's not dead.

Accolon waits, or moves to (4,10) if suleiman moves.

Esclabor to (10,14), iron axe soldier #4 (88 hit, 16 damage, charges I think)

Claire to (11,14) finish soldier #4 with fire (or razorwind if esclabor only hits once) (unless SB doesn't wanna face 56 hit steel lance chumps that get doubled on EP, then change tile)

Owen to (10,13), put iron sword and vuln in convoy, whip out the wingclipper, gutting knife, and nacht (15/40) from convoy, give nacht to esclabor.

Sidney to (12,12), equip machete."

Edited by Xinnidy

• 4 months later...

Due to the circumstances of the story, Cass has broken off onto her own pathway. To facilitate the storyline, I'm opening sign ups for possibly one or two more players. Before signing up, please read the following SYNOPSIS.

• Deciding she can no longer face the pressures of intercontinental war, Princess Cassandra flees to the wild plains of Magonsaete, an unruly collection of bandit tribes. Can she survive the harsh way of barbarian life? Out of concern, her admirer and long term friend, Graham, and his butler, Sebastian, follow after the Princess, trying to keep her safe both from her own emotions and the uncouth natives. 
  • There's a great degree of flexibility with character creation. Has Cass and her group run into somebody whilst travelling back through Raewald, or do they meet someone new in Magonsaete? Perhaps even a traveller from another land. If there are any clarifications needed, feel free to ask me.
  • I do ask for a degree of activity and literacy. If you're posting once a month with a one-liner, you're not going to integrate well.

There is also an option to join the main party, but Cass' group would be preferred.

Name: Astaroth

Sex: Male

Appearance: Long, brown hair, long beard, black eyes, above average height and build, steel winged helmet, short-sleeved green gambeson, padded green and tan tartan pants, leather boots, and rides a chestnut colored horse.

Nationality: Magonsaetean

Backstory: One of the few leaders in Magonsaete, if any, that worships a deity (that being Engel), Astaroth is the only son of a recently deceased chief of a small region, who reigned with the power one would see a chief would have. This region, referred to as Asarias, and ruled by people called the Asarai, are camped  near the crossroads of Magonsaete, Raewald, and Myrcia.

Growing up, many expeditions into Magonsaete from both Myrcia and Raewald yielded tales of gallant knights and the good deeds of the Church of Engel, all of which enthralled young Astaroth. Most of the tales he heard from the elders were mostly about successful raids or valourous hunts, none of which were as glorious or as good natured as the tales from the North. By the age that most boys of his standing became squires in the North, Astaroth realized that the way of life his father led was one of destruction. Many times his father, as well as his uncle, allowed small bands of raiders to cross into either country, usually to end up dead or meet a similar fate. 

When referring to Astaroth's uncle Amaziah, he wanted to actually raid Myrcia, to take advantage of the unstable political climate of the North. Abeloth had often considered doing the same, but he wanted to lead it himself. This raid went about as well as one would expect, with the few survivors telling how both the chief, his brother, and Astaroth's older cousins all perished. Astaroth's disillusionment with the bandit way of life became blatant hatred from that point forward.

Not wanting to anger either Myrcia or Raewald further, Astaroth prevented raiders from crossing through Asaria,though he was fully aware that the greed of many southern tribes would drive them to cross through it anyway to pillage both Myrcia and Raewald, and that it would ultimately mean the destruction of his tribe. In order to prevent this, he used his wits and political savvy to weaken the southern tribes by causing conflict until he found a powerful (and trustworthy) northern ally, so that the entire region would be united under a ruler that would not be foolish enough to invade the north. Once he has this so called "Southern Crusade" organized, he has high hopes that many of the barbarians will choose culture and religion over "scraping the barrel".

Archetype: Mounted

Skills: Extra Weapon, Adept

Weapon(s): Bow, Sword

• HP: 25 (+5) 50% (20)
  • Str: 8 (+7) 50% (50)
  • Mag: 0 (0%)
  • Skl: 9+1=10 (+6) 60% (60)
  • Spd: 5 (+5) 50% (70)
  • Lck: 2(RNG) +3 (2)=5 30% (20)
  • Def: 3 (+3) 20% (40)
  • Res: 1 (+1) 10% (20)

Please check for errors and such. Also, sorry for forgetting to spoiler it, if I needed to.

Edited by Hylian Air Force
wasn't done

16 minutes ago, SnakeMomMelissa said:

Seems pretty sparse for a bandit leader :vc

Please clarify. Shin will be the real judge, but if you really think I need more than what I have, I'll see what more I can do. Unless you are just joking, but even then there may yet be some truth to it. Thanks, Mel.

I mean that you want to be a bandit leader for a massive province with one paragraph of backstory. It's incredibly sparse. It feels like you made this in 10 minutes and it's missing tonnes of info on how much rule they have, who they rule over, who they're allied with, etc.

it's like... nothing, but tries to hold a point of importance. I know Adam will be the real judge but unless you're willing to sit down with him and try to make this fleshed out more i have big doubts he'll accept this.

7 minutes ago, SnakeMomMelissa said:

You can use other characters if you recycle them to make them fit into the Angelcynn formula, but you'll have to change their stats and growths to match the system here.

Thanks. Once I figure out what to do, I'll ask to join as a wyvern rider. Also, where is the rping happening? I don't see any indication of a rp happening in this thread. Or there rping happening some where else entirely?

10 minutes ago, SnakeMomMelissa said:

There's another topic like 5 down called Angelycnn Act 5

hard to miss it

I had noticed that thread for so long, and yet my brain didn't make a connection between that thread and this one.

Here is my character:

Spoiler

Name: Hiero

Sex: Boy

Appearance: A handsome man. Piercing blue eyes and brown hair. Wears standard wyvern rider armor, painted an odd green.

Nationality: Magonsaete

Background: Hiero was born into a long line of assasians, along with 4 siblings, whose motto was "Money is the only thing that matters." Due to this motto, Hiero and his siblings felt no love when they could remember events, which was started once they hit 3 years of age. It didn't help that when they were forced to practice killing someone, Hiero's three older siblings loved seeing blood. In fact, his older sister one time took a lick of a victim's blood, and then started to drink it up. And Hiero endured this along with being tortured for not doing the right thing, and also listening his parents drone on and on about the things in the outside world for 13 out of 16 years of his life in that place. At 5 years of age, his little brother was born, Chatt. Once Chatt could learn to talk, the two seemed to gravitate towards each other. As Chatt got older, the two got even closer, sort of relying on each other to endure the hardships they faced. Once Hiero turned 16, that was his turning point. By that, I mean his parents got him a client to see if he was worthy or not for the family name. So, they had a contract for said mission. And Hiero spat on the contract, grabbed Chatt, who was very nearby, and then just left. 

Hiero and Chatt should have prepared, because surviving was hard. They always were hungry when they slept, and they didn't know what food were and weren't poisonous. And they didn't have a real direction. Fortunately, Lady Luck seemed to bless them, as they ran into a group of Deira soldiers scouting out the area. Before Hiero and Chatt could hide, the soldiers spotted them. Hiero and Chatt were scared to death. The leader of the group, saw the boys, and felt remorse for them, as he noticed they were hungry and scared. So, he decided to take them home with him, and basically adopt them. On they way to Deira, Hiero had one of the better times of his life. He laughed, didn't have to kill to get a good meal, and even found that he was a natural at flirting with girls. Whenever they arrived in a village on the way to Deira, Hiero always went for the young maidens and flirted with them, and they always seemed to blush very much.

When Hiero reached Deira, he was 17, and was one year away from joining the military. So, the man who had taken him in had decided to train him, while also having him and Chatt keep on there studies. Once Hiero got to 18 yrs old, he joined the military. But of course, he had to be outfitted. First, he picked his weapon. He decided to pick an axe. Next, he picked a mout, which was a wyvern, who he for some reason, named Michalis. Finally, he picked what color he would like his flyer's armor to be. He picked green, which he was for some reason drawn to. The next years seemed to go by a blur for Hiero. His days were, Mission in they day to the afternoon, then Studies from the afternoon to the evening, and then flirting from evening to midnight. His brother was becoming a great scholar, becoming a teacher at a Deira school at 20. At 25 years old, Hiero was assigned a mission with some good comrades of his. The mission was to take down a corrupt noble. Easy, right? Wrong. Once a mile within the Nobles mansion, they were attacked by assasians, being taken out one by one. Hiero was the last one to be taken out, being knocked out from behind. When Hiero woke up, he was heavily bandaged, same with his wyvern. Hiero then lumbered home, going very little at a time, to try and not hurt himself. He had not noticed that his arms didn't seem to hurt at all. After one more week, he arrived at home and went to report his mission failure. But when he reported his mission failure, he was  fired, the reasoning being that they don't want coward soldiers.

Hiero returned home, telling his brother and his adopted father what happened. Both did there best to comfort him, and they tried to find a job suitable for him. He burnt the bread in a baking job, he did to order wrong for doing laundry, he was bad at writing, due to prioritizing reading over writing, and every other job, he just failed at it. So, his adopted father decided to set him up for a mercinaries job. It was a simple, protect a traders supplies while getting to it's destination. The job was simple and Hiero easily cleared it. He loved it, so, he became a full time mercenary, at 25 years old. For the next five years of his life, he became a mercinary and worked on jobs. During his 3rd year as a mercenary, he got a nickname as the "Viridian Flash". This was joke at his green armor and a compliment for how quickly and easily he cleared missions. 

Personality: Kind and carefree, and is somewhat of a skirtchaser. He can be very serious when he needs to be, which only really happens on jobs or if it involves talk about his family, besides his little brother.

Archetype: Wyvern Rider (Flier)

Skills: Vantage, Nihil

Weapon: Axe

Bases:

Hp: 17 (+2 and flier +1) 

Str: 10 (+9)

Mag: 0 (+0)

Skl: 6 (+4)

Spd: 7 (+7)

Lck: ? (+0)

Def: 8 (+8)

Res: 0 (+0)

Growths: 

Hp: 70% (+40)

Str: 60% (+60)

Mag: 10% (+0)

Skl: 50% (+50)

Spd: 50% (+70)

Lck: 30% (+20)

Def: 30% (+40)

Res: 10% (+0)

And that is all. Is this good enough? Also, are there any typos or did I miss anything?

Edited by Poimagic

Name: Sylvia "Demon of the North" Auron
Sex: F
Appearance: Standing at 5'8", Sylvia makes a formidable visage despite her only just above average size. Skin bronzed by many days toiling under the hot sun, stretched taut over lean, yet still rather well defined musculature.  When let down, Sylvia's byzantium hair flows down in waves just past her shoulder blades, though it is normally kept in a tight braid, only allowing her bangs free to frame her sharp countenance, not at all softened by the scar etched across her left eye, though both weathered hazel eyes still function. In battle, Sylvia chooses to adorn a full set of light, treated leather armour in a matte black, studded with light steel plate embedded throughout. Over top, she wears what was surely once a bright, well-kept Captain's jacket, though in present day it's vibrant reds and blues have faded, sun-bleached and sapped by an austere lifestyle. 

Nationality: Myrcian

Backstory: Born a rather unassuming, if rough and tumble girl on the Myrcian coastline bordering Deira, Sylvia knew two truths from a very young age. Boys would not respect a woman who acted as one, and Deirans had a nasty habit of coming across the border, demanding gold as reparation, and leaving broken bones and broken families in their wake. The debt that Myrcia's leadership had taken from Deira was being imposed on her people, people with no means to combat the oppression of their Eastern neighbors. Oppression that would be left smoldering in the hearts of her people. Fishermen by trade, the Auron family managed better than most, their seafaring bringing back ample goods to turn the tax collectors away with a blind eye often enough to keep the family finances afloat, but years of watching soldiers trample friends and neighbors still left a foul taste in Sylvia's mouth, many a time nursing an injured friend to health with her share of the family's store of warm chowders and other such things. But what could be done of it? Myrcia had no money aside what it was to given from Deira, no army, and a government too meek and frightened to act.

Nothing, without outside help. Raewald nor Wyke would act against Deira, for fear of war. At least, in the open, they would not act. But clandestine measures always exist, if one is desperate enough to search them out. In the case of Sylvia, it was hearsay from fishermen of Raewald, shared in open waters between passing boats, away from the prying ears of government. The Raewaldens are funding a fleet, they said. But not any fleet, they said. To openly oppose Deira would be suicide, but to discreetly slip gold to pirates, why no one could prove that. Pirates that would scarce be around when Raewalden traders and naval men passed, enough only to maintain a ruse, but would harry Deiran ships without end! Or anyone else, really. Those footing the bill didn't care much for what might happen to ships of nations besides those two, pillage and plunder to your heart's content!

Could such a thing be true, Sylvia wondered? Men of the sea oft told tales taller than the harshest seaside cliffs, but there had been reports of increased pirate activity in the Northern sea... Slipping out from her parent's abode atop a trusted steed one fateful summer eve, by cover of night, Sylvia had to know. This could be her chance, her opportunity! Vengeance against Deira, striking a righteous blow for Myrcia and all of her downtrodden! She knew how to man a ship, passing nearby to Magonsaete during many a fishing voyage had taught her to repel boarders, and board opposing ships all her own. All she need to was reach the Northern coast of Raewald, a simple journey in times of relative peace. 

A simple journey indeed. More difficult was finding the right folk to join into the underworld of Raewald and take part in their clandestine dealings. A woman, they said, a woman pirate?! What a laugh, they said! A hearty laugh Sylvia herself had, breaking that drunkard fool's arm through a sturdy table. She had been ready to fight her way out, but an even heartier guffaw from the dark side of that seedy bar stopped the gathering thugs in their tracks.

"Any woman with balls enough to put my first mate's arm through that hell is more than man enough to join my crew". Sylvia would never forget those words, as a colossus of a man came into view. Captain Jack Maine of the Vagrant. What a pirate way for things to go down, accepted for breaking a crewman's arm. The reason didn't matter, Auron's course was set, and she would have her people's vengeance. 

But that would have to wait. New additions meant this crew was green, and as impressive a feat as hers was, it put the first mate out of commission. They would first seize a trading vessel of Toulouse. Easy pickings enough, and a chance to test the men's sea legs. Seeing such a thing as a necessary stepping stone, though she held no ill will towards the men of Toulouse, Sylvia grabbed a boarding pike with little delay or remorse, and earned her place on the Vagrant that day. Her part of the spoils? A strange device the likes of which she had never seen nor heard. A revolver, that's what they had called it, it was a Toulouse invention. A ranged weapon, shot balls of lead into foes with the use of black powder. For a chance at freedom and life, a prisoner versed in the things gladly taught Sylvia how to maintain and use the strange weapon, and even how to modify it to better fit her use. 

Sylvia fell in love with her Culverin the first time she used it in battle. Pinning a Deiran soldier to the plank with her pike, in one smooth motion she brought her gun to his face, and relieved his neck of it's head. What a wondrous demise for her enemy, and a wonderful high. She would never let the Culverin leave her, it had become the tool that had brought her first taste of Deiran blood. With time to become accustom to it's use, and steady modification, Sylvia's revolver became a monster of it's own, lighter than a standard pistol, and with less load of powder, the Culverin did not carry quite the penetrative prowess of a similar firearm, but for her purposes, more than made up for it in accuracy and precision. It was a beast of her own making, and no marksman could properly fire it for lack of understanding it's nature, just as Sylvia herself would find those marksmen's guns equally useless in her own hands. But she needed no other gun, armed with her Culverin and a bloodied pike, Sylvia made a name of herself amongst those who sailed the Northern Sea... that woman is the Demon of the North. To sailors, she had no other name, described in only one way. If you are harried by the pirates of the Vagrant, think not the woman easy to kill. Most of all, if you see her murderous gait, turn tail and run. The cold ocean will be a kinder mistress than she.

Sadly for Sylvia, with every high must come a fall. The Raewaldens, having grown out of use for the Vagrant and her crew after years of service, tipped off the Deiran navy to their whereabouts. Adept as the Vagrant and her crew had come to be, they could not take on the full might of a Deiran fleet. Her crew wiped out and hull torn to shreds, the Vagrant sank to the bottom of the cold North sea, Sylvia marooned on a small island North of Raewald. The Vagrant was no more, and despite all the damage they had done over years of assault, Raewald found themselves closer to Deira than before funding the pirate's misdeeds. How cruel a mistress life was... was this to be the end of her voyage?

No, no it couldn't be. Culverin was still with her, and enough wreckage to construct a raft. She would return to the mainland, return to Myrcia, and find some way to continue her crusade against Deira... the Demon of the North was not done with them yet...

Archetype - Speedy Footman 

Bases:
Hp:10+6(28)
Str:2+5(7)
Mag:0+0(0)
Skl:3+4(9)
Spd:2+8(10)
Lck:?+2(?+3)
Def:0+3(3)
Res:0+2(1)

Growths:
Hp:30+30(60%)
Str:0+50(50%)
Mag:10+0(10%)
Skl:5+55(60%)
Spd:20+50(45%)
Lck:0+35(55%)
Def:10+20(20%)
Res:10+40(30%)

Skill(s):
Adept(1)
Personal Weapon(2) 
Culverin Revolver Mt(4) Hit(75) Crit(0) Rng(1-2) Type(Gun) Uses(6/6) - Does not break when uses reach 0, cannot be used until reloaded, Uses Skill for damage calculation.

Weapon(s) - Lance

On 03/01/2018 at 3:04 AM, Hylian Air Force said:

Please clarify. Shin will be the real judge, but if you really think I need more than what I have, I'll see what more I can do. Unless you are just joking, but even then there may yet be some truth to it. Thanks, Mel.

I was going to say that the initial bio was rather sparse and I was also going to ask you to expand upon it. However, I am accepting both Astaroth and Sylvia. Astaroth will be on Cass' route whilst Sylvia will be joining the main story. There are some key points I'd like you both to consider before we get the ball rolling

• Why would you character join their respective party? What motivation do they have. Is it for personal gain, a noble cause or out of circumstance? Please consider this, you need to make your introduction and recruitment believable - I can facilitate things but I won't be happy if I have to shoehorn things in.
  • Remember your position and status, many of the party are nobility and will be expected to be treated as such. The same applies to NPC's!

Here is a link to the Angelcynn discord channel, it'll expire in 24 hours so try to be prompt! The link!

Poimagic, there are several issues with Hiero's backstory. Why did this all occur? Deira (spelled ei rather than ie) are putting financial pressures on ,Myrcia, relatively recently. Why would this prompt someone to leave the army and then become a mercenary? Was he even in the army or was he a flying delivery boy for Deira? How long has he been a mercenary, where has he worked? What about his success with morality earned him such a nickname? There are a lot of details missing. There's also the matter of this bizarre relationship with his family, which doesn't really hold much basis. 

He also appears to have no speed growth. Whilst this is a possibility, mechanically you might run into trouble. I'll give you some time to make some corrections.