Angelcynn: The Myrcian Conflict (OOC) - ALL FULL

Shin

Haven't done this in literally years... lmao. Hit rates are kinda dodgy (that feel when 80's are still pretty bad because no reset button gg) but thieves, m i rite?

1. Alain moves to (8,16) and Thunders Thief #5 [79 hit, 12 dmg]

2. Serge moves to (8,14) and Wing Clippers Wyvern #6 [84 hit, 30 dmg]

3. Larissa moves to (8,17) and dances for Alain

4. Alain moves to (10,16) and Thunders Wyvern #8 [Autohit, wrekt dmg]

5. Emily moves to (8,18) and Fires Thief #6 [83 hit, 15 dmg]

6. Angus attacks Thief #5 [75% hit, 15 dmg] (only takes 1 dmg in return if he misses)

7. Doug moves to (8,15) and Iron Lances Thief #5 [65 hit, 19 dmg] (if angus miss?)

(could also reverse order of 6 and 7 so if Doug hits, Angus can retreat and heal)

8. Lars moves to (9,18) and Iron Axes Thief #6 a question [64+10 hit, 13 dmg]

9. Hans moves to (8,19) and maybe Iron Axes Thief #6 a question [64+10 hit, 16 dmg] (if Lars misses)

10. Morganna TBD

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Scuttle to (12,15), attack myrm #2 with signal bow (autohit, 10 damage);

Owen to (14,12), attack myrm #1 with Epee (autohit, 14 damage);

Adele to (13,14), equip round shield, attack myrm #2 with hand axe (79 hit, 16 damage);

If Adele hits:

Sebastian to (12,14), heal Scuttle;

Malaphar to (15,11), and incinerate myrm #1 if Emmet missed.

If Adele misses:

Malaphar to (12,14), incinerate myrm #2;

Sebastian to (13,15), heal Adele."

PLAN FOR GROUP A

EP is going to be a bit ugly for princeypants but I like the PP hitrates of this option better.

Adele is up to move once Scuttle does, Malaphar and Sebastian can both do their own thing after PCs.

GROUP C PLAN

Alain to (9,15), stuff a cock in Wyvern #3
Larissa to (9,16), dance for Alain
Alain to (9,11), stuff a cock in Wyvern #2
Angus to (9,12), equip Bronze Axe, rescue Alain, Canto to (9,15)
Doug take Vulnerary from Larissa, CHUG THE DRUGS, Canto to (10,14)
Morganna to (6,16), cast Illusion to (5,14)
Emily to (8,15), take Alain, drop Alain to (7,15)
Serge to (8,16), CHUG THE DRUGS
Axebros to (7,17), (8,17)
Barring any objections or alterations, I'll start poking people for moves tomorrow. Seems pretty airtight to me.

• 2 weeks later...

[4:31:59 PM] SB: Sidney to 9,6
Cass to 10,6, Heal Sidney
Nona rescues Sidney, canto to 8,8
Claire to 9,6, attack Myrm E with Wind
Freya to 9,5, attack Myrm E with Steel Lance
Morta to 9,7, rescue Claire, canto to (10,7)
Decima takes Claire and drops her on (11,8)
Nelon to 2,5
[4:32:27 PM] SB: claire baits an archer ep, sid is ready to be dropped and nelon is moving left alone in case something goes wrong and we need to bail sid out

Puttin' this here since SB is lazy

"Scuttle stays in place, fires w/ steel bow against the warrior (autohit, 11 damage)

Owen finishes the warrior with his iron sword (autohit, 9 damage)

Sebastian to (12,12), heal Scuttle.

Adele to (10,11), iron axe questions to soldier #1 (autohit, 15 damage x2) (no wooden shield)

Emmet to (12,11), heal Sebastian."

Up in bold are people that are up.

Edited by Xinnidy

• 2 months later...

Yo, this RP is open to players again! I'm looking to include up to two new players, and I'll pick and choose from anyone who applies! All I ask is for the following;

• A brief skim of the current RP, each act has a summary at its own start!
  • A character who makes sense in setting, please read the opening post!
  • Commitment! If you don't feel you can keep up with a reasonably busy RP, it might not be the best idea to join!
  • Openness! I'm more than happy to facilitate ideas and things you want to try, just ask!

There's no deadline, but I'll probably keep things open for a week or two! Happy ARGH PEE!

I'd be interested in this RP. It'll take me a bit of time to go over the summaries though. So, I'm throwing my name into this ARGH PEE.

EDIT: Is there any one place I could find all the summaries? I haven't had the chance to go read them yet, and if there happened to be anywhere they were all in one place it'd make my life a bit easier.

Edited by Honey Bunny

Name: Eren

Sex: Boy

Appearance: (Moved to Bottom)

Nationality: Derian

Backstory: Orphaned at the age of 2, Eren was the basic definition of an outcast while being raised at an orphanage in a Derian town, cold and snowy. He was adopted at age 6 by a group of mercenaries, who were relaxing while they took missions around Deria to deal with problems in cities and towns, after seeing the bravery he had when a mugger tried robbing the two floor orphanage building. Growing up, he practiced the art of the sword, which he used on their missions. But all the positive sides that had surrounded him would soon be bit by the venomous snake known as Karma. He was sent on a mission with a few comrades of this group, and when he returned successful, the camp, just outside of the borders of Deria and Myrica, where they had rested at, had been marauded and burned down, with the mercenaries nowhere to be found, believed to be captured. Infuriated, Eren set out to make right in the world by vowing to eliminate the foul evil, in which he calls the darkness inside of those who have been corrupted by it (Thieves, Evil Priests, that sort of evil) that had plagued it with the sword his adoptive father had planned to give him when he returned to the campsite, but has a little fear in which he cannot finish what the mercenary leader had started, which can turn into his greatest flaw. He is often quiet and very calm, with a very long temper fuse. Eren also seems to have creative and well practiced problem solving skills, whether with short questions or long puzzles, he can put his mind to work fast. And despite being young, he knows more than those at his age, some may call it an unnatural intelligence. Outside of smarts, Eren is a total force to be reckoned with. As far as teamwork goes, sure he is always seen by himself but he knows how to work in small and large numbers of groups of people. What also makes him a marketable mercenary is how fast he can cooperate with new people trying to help him.

Archetype: Strong Footman

Skills: Adept X4, Hit + 20 X2.

HP: BASE + 3 (5%)

Str: BASE + 2 (GROWTH%)

Mag: BASE (GROWTH%)

Skl: BASE + 1 (GROWTH%)

Spd: BASE (5%)

Lck: BASE (GROWTH%)

Def: BASE (GROWTH%)

Res: BASE (GROWTH%)

f0b329478197f0_full.jpg

Edited by KentaEzren

Thank you both for sharing interest! Bunny, we should probably sit down and discuss some details to help integrate you into the plot when the time comes!

Kenta, whilst I can appreciate the effort you've put into the sign up, there are some glaring flaws that really need amending before we even consider including Eren.

• His nationality is Wykian yet he was raised in Deira? There's water separating the two, so there needs to be some justification how he ended up there. Or just making him Deiran!
  • How old was he when said mercenaries saw his act of bravery? Why did said mercenaries see it, why were they at the orphanage? This needs fleshing out and explaining.
  • It's very unlikely that such a young boy would be sent on a solo mission by a mercenary group, and I'm afraid that the dead mercenary troupe trope has already been used in this RP in the form of the Reliants.
  • What is this evil he wishes to eliminate? Is Eren religious? The world of Angelcynn isn't black and white, most countries are some shade of grey. It would again need details clarifying the nature of it.
  • Integration with the party is another issue, a solo mercenary is unlikely to appeal too much to the in character party, since they've already got several mercenaries working under them. What makes Eren marketable?

Another key issue is your past posting style. The single line format which you appear to use in other roleplays is not deemed suitable for Angelcynn. Posting quality is generally fairly high, I have a good group of players who put effort into details when writing. Whilst length does not necessarily indicate quality in roleplay posts, a single line is unlikely to be able to engage to a sufficient degree in the setting of Angelcynn.

None of these are cause for a hard rejection, but I would implore you to address the issues I've highlighted with your sign up. If you can do this, I'll be more than happy to look over it again! Good luck!

Thank you very much for your corrections, it is quite an improvement over the previous submission! However, I still feel it lacks the depth necessary for you to fully engage with Angelcynn. "Evil priests" aren't really a common occurence in setting, and there is no real explanation to why he is not with the remaining members of his group. The entire blurb about his personality makes Eren seem incredibly vaguely defined, and almost contradictory to some extent.

Whilst your additions to his backstory have increased the detail present, it still suffers from some questionable content. Eren also appears to draw very heavily from several tropes commonly seen in shounen anime protagonists, something that is unlikely to mesh well with the dynamics of the RP. Key examples would be his presence at an orphanage, the quest against evil, the inherited sword and his quest against "evil".

After some discussion with my players, I feel that there would be great difficulties incorporating you and Eren into Angelcynn. It is a minor point, but spelling Deira correctly may have been helpful! Thanks anyway, I hope you're able to find a roleplay more suitable for you and your ability!

Thanks for your time. The only reason i made Eren like the Anime protagonists seen in shows like Yugioh, Bleach, etc. is due to the time I take to write. I'm not a good back story writer. At least I tried. Once again, thanks for your time.

I feel like I may have messed up the growths and base stats, if so please correct me. (I get confused very easily, sorry)

Zander Nisekoi

Mounted Unit

6 foot, longish blonde hair, black armour, horse named Tuvy. He is somewhat of a flirt, and pronounces words like “what” and “where” with a v. (Example: “Vhat”)

Skills

Personal weapon

Vantage

Stats/Growths

HP:22 60%

STR:6 40%

MAG:0 10%

SKI:6 50%

SPD:8 75%

LUCK:4 20%

DEF:7 70%

RES:2 30%

Background

A cowardly Mercenary hired for a hefty price, known for swindling his buyers, has many scars on his back from his parents. He came from a foreign Continent due to his abusive parents, and the lack of work there. While he was leaving (at a younger age,) with his brother Lee their parents caught them trying to escape. Zander panicked and fled the Continent leaving his brother behind. When he arrived at this Continent he immediately got put into an orphanage, where he was often bullied for his accent and his scars, later he fled the orphanage to. He then met n old man who taught him how to wield a sword. The man was like a father to him until he became ill. Zander was told by the old man to go find a woman in Deira named Skylar. He took the old mans sword named "Fulk" and went to go find the woman. A month ago he figured out that his brother had arrived at this Continent, and had started to hunt him down. A few weeks later from hearing this, he joined a group, solely because they said they would provide him shelter from his infuriated brother, though he has not forgot about his quest.

Edited by Tuvy2

Thanks for your submission, it's clear you put some time into it! However, it suffers from a lot of the problems that the one above it did! A lot of the details are incredibly vague, such as where this foreign nation might be, and how exactly he was able to cross an ocean by himself as a child. There are also issues with the whole orphanage backstory and escaping to find said sword mentor. Both are incredibly cliche and don't particularly fit into the setting. There are also problems with integration into the setting - the background barely even acknowledges nations, let alone any details. It makes it come across as though the character could be transplanted into any RP.

There are also several errors with regards to growth calculations. Please reread the opening post and how it's done. All growths are not a 1:1 point allocation, there is a little maths involved in calculating them.

For the meantime, I'm going to have to decline the application!

It's a ratio. In terms of this RP it's points to stats. A 1:1 would mean 1 point is equal to one point of "speed" for example. I'm this system stats are weighted different. For example 1 point might only equal .5 a speed stat. So to get 1 speed, you need to spend 2 points total.

Keep in mind these are made up examples. The exact ratios are available to you.

k, I have been thinking about this entire thing, and I realized I have a bunch of school work to do, so I might not sign up until later, thanks for giving me feedback, and I will try to sign up asap.

I'm going to post information about my character first, as I'm still trying to get my stats right, this character is entirely new.

(Also, is there a certain stat I calculated wrong?)

Onyx Univerou

6 foot black hair down to neck, decently thin for his strength.

Background

35 years ago a young girl named Rosette was born. Rosette led a happy life, eventually, her mom and dad told her that she was going to have a brother. Everything was fine, until her father told them that he was going to join the military. 8 months later they got a letter that told them that there father had passed away in the war. From then on, her and her mother had to fend for themselves, until Onyx was born. If the situation wasn't dire enough, their mother passed away in child birth. Onyx grew up learning to hate other people, because all they could remember him as was "Rosettes's brother" since he was raised by his more liked sister. Rosette eventually grew up and started a group of citizens bent on stopping bandits and thieves. Onyx was automatically dragged into the small army, due to being Rosette's brother. From then on he ended up becoming very strong due to the many adventures of the group. Eventually he ended up befriending a young man named Lee. In one skirmish, Lee ended up being slaughtered. Onyx became extremely upset and blamed his sister and the group for Lee's death. He left the group and only recently put himself up for hire.

(Will revise, I know it's not that great it's just a rough draft, but will take feedback)

Edited by Tuvy2

Whilst I can appreciate your efforts to write a sign up, but it suffers from all of the same issues that your original one did. There's no mention to any location or even nation in the setting of Angelcynn, Where is this character from? Which war was their father fighting in? Who actually is Onyx's father, considering his sister's dad has been dead for a long while before his birth? Where did this anti-bandit force base themselves?

The backstory is just as lacking as the first one you submitted, if not even more so. Angelcynn relies heavily on character integration to the setting, which both of your sign ups have lacked. I feel that Angelcynn may not be a good starting RP for you and that it might be better if you found one that was more loose with its expectations. I'm afraid that I'm not certain that you can produce a character that will allow you to enjoy Angelcynn to its fullest.