Angelcynn: The Myrcian Conflict (OOC) - ALL FULL

Shin

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Poimagic said:

@Shin Thanks for noting my mistakes. I added a speed growth, and I'll give him a bio rehaul once I get back. The bio rehaul will explain why I changed his Nationality to Magonsaete.

You seem to have made some rather significant errors with growths. You've inverted the ratios for speed, defense and resistance. 5% costs 10 points, 5 points do not net you 10% growths. So you'd end up with a 25% speed growth, a 30% defense growth and 20% resistance growth with that set up. If this is what you want, it's fine, but you may want to try again it's not a desirable spread.

2 hours ago, Shin said:

You seem to have made some rather significant errors with growths. You've inverted the ratios for speed, defense and resistance. 5% costs 10 points, 5 points do not net you 10% growths. So you'd end up with a 25% speed growth, a 30% defense growth and 20% resistance growth with that set up. If this is what you want, it's fine, but you may want to try again it's not a desirable spread.

Hmm, odd. I don't know why my brain read that differently. I decided to remove the increase from res and Mag to add to speed, gave a bio overhaul for Hiero, and changed the growths so they are, hopefully, correct.

6 hours ago, Ether said:

Looking your numbers over, you seem to be +2 on bases(I count 32 additional points added, where we're supposed to have 30), but your growths now properly add up.

Hmm, odd. I just calculated the total points added and your right, it's 32. I might remove the points from Luck, but I don't know how valuable luck is in the terms of this rp.

Luck is hot garbage. Biggest regret of my life was taking a 70% luck growth. Don't let Shin trick you into thinking it's valuable. 

Just as a general point, I noticed your strength bases and growths are fairly high. Prepromote caps are 20 points, and with 80% growth you're liable to cap out strength like a solid 5 or 6 levels (potentially more) early which would leave you with a lot of "wasted" points. This problem could carry on beyond promotion as well depending on how high Shin sets the caps. You're free to do as you like of course, but it's just something to keep in mind. 

1 hour ago, Vestige said:

Luck is hot garbage. Biggest regret of my life was taking a 70% luck growth. Don't let Shin trick you into thinking it's valuable. 

Just as a general point, I noticed your strength bases and growths are fairly high. Prepromote caps are 20 points, and with 80% growth you're liable to cap out strength like a solid 5 or 6 levels (potentially more) early which would leave you with a lot of "wasted" points. This problem could carry on beyond promotion as well depending on how high Shin sets the caps. You're free to do as you like of course, but it's just something to keep in mind. 

As much as I would like to disagree, I can see your reasoning. I might lower his str growth by 10 and add it to either def or spd.

I knew luck was hot garbage!

I'd think twice before making assumptions about the system, the party have learned you can't cheat it! I'll send you a link to the discord via PM, please actually click it this time!

52 minutes ago, Shin said:

I'd think twice before making assumptions about the system, the party have learned you can't cheat it! I'll send you a link to the discord via PM, please actually click it this time!

Shin, just curious, but where do the battles for the rp happen. In discord? Or on Serenes forest?

I may have made a mistake in here somewhere, but here goes nothing

Name: Naimanzuunnadintsetseg
Sex: Mulan

Appearance: Long, straight black hair, worn in the traditional male style of the Magonsaete tribes. Dark brown, slightly almond-shaped eyes, set in a weathered face the color of honey, with cheeks frequently ruddy from the winds. Most typically will be dressed in oiled leathers and furs, with the amount of layers chosen as befitting the weather or other circumstances. You'd be very hard pressed to find them in any finery, as clothing is worn to be functional, not fashionable. Roughly 5'9, 150 pounds if the living is good, closer to 130 when times are hard.

Nationality: Magonsaete

Backstory: Though born the fifth child of ultimately nine, Naimanzuunnadintsetseg was but the second to reach the age of ten years, with three older brothers dying to famine, accident, and pestilence respectively. When confronted about the femininity of her name (which means eight hundred precious flowers) by anyone aggressively doubting her disguise, she relays this history as apt explanation, for it fits well with common tribal practice of giving a son a woman's name so that misfortune would be less interested in claiming them.

The prosperity of clan she was born into swung wildly, at times being very well off, other times finding itself squeezed dry and nearly in danger of being wiped out by warring neighbors. At the age of fourteen she was presented as a bride to the chief of one such bloodthirsty tribe, as a means of appeasement: her clan accepting that their chieftain's daughter seemed a reasonable price to pay to ensure the continued survival of everyone else. Not content to suffer this fate, however, when her new husband came to her on their wedding night, drunk from revelry, she parted his head from his body with a hunting knife, then stole a horse, riding back to her birth home. Angrily presenting the severed trophy to her father, she demanded, and was given, treatment befitting a son instead.

Several good years followed before the winds of change brought about an unfortunate turn of events, casting Naimanzuunnadintsetseg to the mercy of the fates. While leading a small hunting party, totaling five men, the rest of her tribe was slaughtered wholesale by Malaphar, though that specific bit information remains a mystery to her. All she knows is that what had been her life till present was no more. There was a fruitless arguement with the rest of the men over how to proceed, but the differences proved ultimately to be irreconcilable, and after a fight, the survivors went their separate ways. Life on the harsh plains proved to be too much to weather alone, however, so in final desperation, and in somewhat poorer health than her prime, she succumbs to her option of last resort and heads for the city of Magon. Survival is chief concern, but she burns with a desire to reclaim some of the former power and glory that her tribe had once possessed, to lead a new one of her own, perhaps. Whether that be through force, through trickery, or how else exactly to accomplish it, is as yet undecided. Will that be the future that lies waiting for her, or is there some other she could never have predicted?

Thief Unit Archetype (+1 move, +10% skl, +5% spd, steal, open, etc.)
Skills: Nihil, Gamble

Stat:    Base    (Growth%)
HP:     31        (50%)
Str:     6        (65%)
Mag:     0        (10%)
Skl:     9        (55%)
Spd:     7        (60%)
Lck:     2        (70%)
Def:     5        (20%)
Res:     0        (15%)

HP     10+21    [7]
Str     1+ 5    [5]
Mag     0+ 0    [0]
Skl     0+ 9    [6]
Spd     0+ 7    [7]
Lck     2+ 0    [0]
Def     0+ 5    [5]
Res     0+ 0    [0]

Luck: https://www.random.org/integers/?num=1&min=0&max=5&col=5&base=10&format=plain&rnd=id.Naimanzuunnadintsetseg
Total: 7+5+6+7+5=30

HP     30+20    [20]
Str     0+65    [65]
Mag    10+ 0    [00]
Skl     0+45+10 [45]
Spd    15+40+ 5 [80]
Lck     0+70    [45]
Def    10+10    [20]
Res    10+ 5    [05]

Total: 20+65+45+80+45+20+5=280

Edited by Balcerzak

@Shin, due to some helpful advice on discord, I've removed 10 points from the str growth and added said points to spd. Also, you seem to have incorrectly done my skl growth, as I thought it was 50, not 45.

Edited by Poimagic

Hey there, I wasn't originally intended to accept any more players, but I think I could try and squeeze in one more at a push! Have a look at the thread and supplementary material and see what you can come up with! 

Alright, here goes nothing:

Biography:

Spoiler

Name: Minh

Sex: Caitlyn Jenner’s former gender

Appearance:

alternate_form_by_duckmann18-dc06n80.png

5ft 10. 155 lbs. His hair is separated on the middle of his head, and covers his temples. They're somewhat wavy and slightly slicked backwards. Has a short boxed beard. His eyes are dark brown, close to the colour black. Wears a pair of round glasses, although they're more of an accessory than a tool to improve his eyesight (due to his already-near-perfect-vision). His skin is slightly tanned due to his origins.

Wears a black trench coat, white shirts, black pants and black boots. He also equips light leather armour on his upper body.

Nationality: Myrcia         

Backstory:

Minh's grandfather came from a different continent and settled in Myrcia, marrying a native there. His name’s meaning was “clever”, which does describe his personality. It is also a common name from his grandfather’s country of birth, something that reminds him of his origins. Although his father, half-Myrcian, is currently one of Myrcia's diplomats, while his mother is a clerk, Minh was never interested in following his parents’ footsteps and prefers to become an architect.

His family lived a happy time without any hardship; until the great famine arrived and drained almost all of their possessions. They attempted to flee from the deteriorating nation with everything they had left in attempt to move to Wyke, seeking to start a new life there instead. A return to Minh's grandfather's kingdom seemed impossible for them at the moment, due to their lack of money to secure a few seats on the ship to there. However, while en route to Wyke, a huge thunderstorm, combined with a series of killer waves, destroyed their ship. Minh is found clinging on a piece of log, and after a few hours of enduring the disaster, he ended up washing up on the coasts of Magonsaete.

Having lived a life far away from the omnipresent danger, Minh is forced to adapt in a struggling way to the situation in order to survive in this bandit-infested kingdom. On multiple occasions he has faced death, but at the end he still somehow made it out alive. He has met a few people, tagged along them and eventually took seperate ways.

Fast forward a few years, he has now adapted in the dangerous living condition of Magonsaete. He wanders around the kingdom, surviving on his own by taking the job of a mercenary. He'd take jobs that give him the highest pay in order to survive, even if his employers are total good-for-nothing jerks. Some of his jobs revolves around fighting off rival bandit clans, looting and pillaging from them and get some extra gold to survive, though he did not like the idea of fighting with the people he’s not close to... although, he would never take any mission that demands him to attack innocent civilians and travelers, in attempt to keep his moral values alive. He'd just temporarily join a bandit clan to help them attack another clan, then sign another contract with a tribe that wants to attack the previous clan that employed him, and etc. Simply put, he's trying to weaken them, by fighting the bad guys by helping other bad guys.

One thing is bugging him, however… Is his family still alive? Have they already been tragically killed in the sea? This question lingers every day in his mind, not knowing whether they have managed to survive that storm or not.

The thought of going back to Myrcia did cross his mind several times, but he thought there wouldn't be any reason to go back there when all of his family is missing. He had a few close friends, but the last time he saw them, they were fleeing from the nation as well. He wouldn't go back to his country of birth, due to the same reason why he left there in the first place.

Minh acts friendly and respectfully to people he deems nice, but he never attempted to bond and become attached with anybody else, mainly because he’s afraid of losing them and becoming emotionally hurt afterwards. However, this is going to change as he encounters Cass’s group…

Stats:

Spoiler

Archetype: Strong Footman (+3 HP, +2 Str, +1 Skl, +5% strength and speed growths), Tag-along

Bases

HP: 10 + 9 + 3 = 22 (-3p)

STR: 1 + 6 + 2 = 9 (-6p)

MAG: 0 + 2 = 2 (-2p)

SKL: 0 + 8 + 1 = 9 (-5p)

SPD: 0 + 5 = 5 (-5p)

LCK: 3 + 3 = 6 (-2p)

DEF: 0 + 5 = (-5p)

RES: 0 + 1 = 1 (-2p)

Points spent: 3 + 6 + 2 + 5 + 5 + 2 + 5 + 2 = 30

Growths

HP: 30% + 30% = 60% (-30p)

STR: 0% + 60% +5% = 65% (-60p)

MAG: 10% + 0% = 10% (0p)

SKL: 0% + 60%  = 60% (-60p)

SPD: 15% + 25% + 5% = 45% (-50p)

LCK: 0% + 30% = 30% (-20p)

DEF: 10% + 30%  = 40% (-60p)

RES: 10% + 0% = 10% (0p)

Points spent: 30 + 60 + 60 + 50 + 20 + 60 = 280

Weapons: Lance

Skills:

- Personal Weapon

- Vantage

Personal Weapon:

- Peacemaker (40/40): Minh only. SKL + 2 when equipped. Will not deal critical damage when attack is initiated from 2 spaces away.

latest?cb=20150905181840

(Similar to a Buddhist monk's staff, aka khakkhara)

Mt: 6

Range: 1 - 2

Hit: 80%

Crit: 10%

Please notify me if there's a hiccup in my distribution of points in his stats, his personal weapon is too unbalanced or if you guys need some clarifications regarding his biography

Edited by DuckMannnn
Needed to fix and develop the biography, and adjust the base stats + growth stats and the personal weapon

2 hours ago, DuckMannnn said:

Alright, here goes nothing:

Biography:

Hide contents

Name: Minh

Sex: Caitlyn Jenner’s former gender

Appearance:

alternate_form_by_duckmann18-dc06n80.png

5ft 10. 155 lbs. His hair is separated on the middle of his head, and covers his temples. They're somewhat wavy and slightly slicked backwards. Has a short boxed beard. His eyes are dark brown, close to the colour black. Wears a pair of round glasses, although they're more of an accessory than a tool to improve his eyesight (due to his already-near-perfect-vision). His skin is slightly tanned due to his origins.

Wears a black trench coat, white shirts, black pants and black boots. He also equips light leather armour on his upper body.

Nationality: Myrcia         

Backstory:

Minh's grandfather came from a different continent and settled in Myrcia. His name’s meaning was “clever”, which does describe his personality. It is also a common name from his grandfather’s country of birth, something that reminds him of his origins. Although his father is currently one of the diplomats of the kingdom, while his mother is a clerk, Minh was never interested in following his parents’ footsteps and prefers to become an architect.

His family lived a happy time without any hardship; until the great famine arrived and drained almost all of their possessions. They attempted to flee from the deteriorating nation with everything they had left in attempt to move to Wyke, seeking to start a new life there instead. However, while en route to Wyke via boat, a huge thunderstorm, combined with a series of killer waves, destroyed their ship. Minh is found clinging on a piece of log, and after a few hours of enduring the disaster, he washed up on the coasts of Magonsaete.

Having lived a life far away from the omnipresent danger, Minh is forced to adapt in a struggling way to the situation in order to survive in this bandit-infested kingdom. On multiple occasions he has faced death, but at the end he still somehow made it out alive. He has met a few people, tagged along them and eventually took seperate ways.

Fast forward a few years, he has now adapted in the dangerous living condition of Magonsaete. He wanders around the kingdom, surviving on his own by taking the job of a mercenary in order fight bandits off, loot their belongings and get some extra gold to survive, though he did not like the idea of fighting with the people he’s not close to. One thing is bugging him, however… Is his parents still alive? Have they already been tragically killed in the sea? This question lingers every day in his mind, not knowing whether they have managed to survive that storm or not.

Minh acts friendly and respectfully to people he deems nice, but he never attempted to bond with anybody else, mainly because he’s afraid of losing them and becoming emotionally hurt afterwards. However, this is going to change as he encounters Cass’s group…

Stats:

Hide contents

Archetype: Strong Footman (+3 HP, +2 Str, +1 Skl, +5% strength and speed growths), Tag-along

Bases

HP: 10 + 18 + 3 = 31 (-6p)

STR: 1 + 12 + 2 = 15 (-12p)

MAG: 0 + 4 = 4 (-4p)

SKL: 0 + 15 + 1 = 16 (-10p)

SPD: 0 + 10 = 10 (-10p)

LCK: 3 + 6 = 9 (-4p)

DEF: 0 + 10 = 10 (-10p)

RES: 0 + 2 = 2 (-4p)

Points spent: 6 + 12 + 4 + 10 + 10 + 4 + 10 + 4 = 60

Growths

HP: 30% + 20% = 50% (-20p)

STR: 0% + 40% +5% = 45% (-40p)

MAG: 10% + 0% = 10% (0p)

SKL: 0% + 50%  = 50% (-50p)

SPD: 15% + 25% + 5% = 45% (-50p)

LCK: 0% + 30% = 30% (-20p)

DEF: 10% + 20%  = 20% (-40p)

RES: 10% + 0% = 10% (0p)

Points spent: 20 + 40 + 50 + 50 + 20 + 40 = 220

Weapons: Lance

Skills:

- Personal Weapon

- Vantage

Personal Weapon:

- Peacemaker: Minh only. SKL + 2 when equipped.

latest?cb=20150905181840

(Similar to a Buddhist monk's staff, aka khakkhara)

Mt: 5

Range: 1 - 2

Hit: 90%

Crit: 10%

Please notify me if there's a hiccup in my distribution of points in his stats, his personal weapon is too unbalanced or if you guys need some clarifications regarding his biography

If they're a diplomat for a foregin kingdom, then why would they try to relocate to Wyke? Returning home to the place they're actually citizens of would make more sense.

On 1/17/2018 at 1:44 AM, Jotari said:

If they're a diplomat for a foregin kingdom, then why would they try to relocate to Wyke? Returning home to the place they're actually citizens of would make more sense.

Oops, let me explain what I wanted to say:

His grandfather, like I said before, settled in Myrcia and married with a native Myrcian. And thus, Minh's father was born.

The father, whose mother is a Myrcian, would be considered here as a Myrcian citizen as well due to his place of birth, Myrcia, and his mother's nationality. And the same applies to Minh, since his dad is a Myrcian and so is his mother.

Minh's dad studied laws and politics in order to become a diplomat. In other news, he's ONE of Myrcia's representatives who'd travel to other kingdoms in order to inform and negotiate with them.

He's not the diplomat of his country of origin or whatsoever. And that place is located on a faraway continent, which I will not go into details due to various reasons, unless you guys need me to clarify that as well.

Also, I did mention that the famine that happened in Myrcia took almost all of their possessions, so returning to Minh's grandfather's original kingdom is a less viable option due to the travel costs. 

On 1/17/2018 at 12:27 AM, Hylian Air Force said:

First of all, you used double the points you were given, and you still have 60 more points to invest in your growths. Fix those.

Oh, so I have to invest 30 points into the base stats and 280 to the growths?

Edited by DuckMannnn