Angelcynn: The Myrcian Conflict (OOC) - ALL FULL

Shin

Hey uh. So i might take a break from the rp for a bit. Will talk to Adam but I'm super stressed irl and am not doing well with the skype atmosphere atm. I'd rather not quit because of all the time I've put into Cass but if I can't fix things then I might have to. Just an fyi. Will again speak to Adam in the morning.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angus to (6,14), kill Arm2 with Hammer, canto to (4,12)

Adele to (2,15), kill Arm4 with Hammer

Cass to (2,14), trade Barrier for Hammer, Hammer Arm 1

Serge to (1,12), attack Hunt1 with Steel Sword

Emily to (1,11), attack Hunt1 with Fire (if no adept/crit)

Esclabor to (3,13)

Owen to (3,12)

Alain to (3,11)

Emmet to (2,12)

Claire to (2,13)

Sidney to (1,13)

Freya to (5,11)

• 2 weeks later...

Owen to 8,6, KE Gatling Hunter
if Crit, Freya stands still, Iron Sword Halberd Bandit
If no crit, Freya to 9,5, Steel Lance Gatling Hunter
If that guy dies properly

Serge to 7,4, finish Halberd Bandit
If Freya attacked up above and everything died properly
Emmet moves over and Pinakas the bandit on 11,10 from 9,10
If not, Emmet heals Serge and we rethink other moves

so NOODLE

You're UP

Edited by Nanami Touko

if this works thank me, if it doesnt blame terrador

[spoiler=el plannerino]

IMAGE:
BIG ASSUMPTIONS:
-Wyverns are solely interested in Marcus, even if we position funny.
-[CONFIRMED] Thantes can't walk down the cliff.
GENERAL NOTES:
Sidney baits the lower mage, with Hippnos being unable to attack anyone. Option to ORKO or leave as food for weaker units.
Cass is Rescued by Angus to safety, then peeled off by Emily.
Serge retrieves items from Owen and takes cover from Thantes.
Emmet heals Freya and takes cover from Thantes.
Owen, Claire, Freya finish help box Thantes in, and fight for possible damage at no, no, and negligible risk, respectively.
Adele finishes Thantes' box and attacks the Hunter, fishing for crit and uncrittable because Owen.
Esclabor finishes the Hunter off, safe from Thantes. If he doesn't kill it... it kills him, on hit. Nobody else cares though.
Marcus hits that Yakety Sax:
MOVES:
Sidney immediately:
Moves to (14,12)
Equips Steel Bow
OR
Waits
[No terrain here, Thantes blocked off, so Sidney always lives + can OHKO with Steel. Scared of wyverns? If so, Steel. If not, feed to others.]
(Mage #2 vs. Iron Bow!Sidney: 12 ATK, 43 HIT, 0 CRT vs. 12x2 ATK, 100 HIT, 6 CRT) (100% survival, ~12% ORKO)
(Mage #2 vs. Steel Bow!Sidney: 12 ATK, 43 HIT, 0 CRT vs. 15x2 ATK, 87 HIT, 6 CRT) (100% survival, ~77% ORKO)
Angus immediately:
Moves to (12,12)
Rescues Cassandra
Cantos to (10,12)
[safe from Thantes when he's walled off. Saves Cass from certain death.]
Serge immediately:
Serge to (8,7)
Trades Steel Blade and Armorslayer for Convoy's Wingclipper and Holy Diver
OR
Trades Armorslayer for Convoy's Wingclipper
OR
Waits
[No chance of being chipped by Thantes, can defend self from wyverns and return lance if he likes.]
[Neither sword deposited helps at all, and Serge is kind of bad against both bosses.]
Emmet immediately:
Moves to (9,6)
Casts Heal on Freya (21=>38/38)
[Freya risks death from boss crit, so Heal reduces it to nearly nothing. No Thantes chip.]
Emily, AFTER Angus:
Moves to (10,11)
Takes Cassandra
Drops Cassandra to (10,10)
[Emily and Cassandra are both unexposed to combat. Cassandra is offloaded while Emily can do nothing else.]
Owen, AFTER Serge:
Moves to (11,6)
Retrieves Dettard's Sword from convoy
Attacks Thantes with Dettard's Sword
OR
Attacks Thantes with Epee
[Forces switch to Steel Blade, decent Astra proc, Owen can't be crit and lives two of anything from Thantes.
[blocks Thantes west, free damage/EXP, Charm for Freya.]
Charm, Adele C active
(Dettard's Sword!Owen vs. Thantes: 6 ATK, 46 HIT, 0 CRT, 24% Astra vs. 10 ATK, 100 HIT, 0 CRT)
(Epee!Owen vs. Thantes: 6 ATK, 46 HIT, 0 CRT, 12% Astra vs. 10 ATK, 100 HIT, 0 CRT)
Adele, AFTER Serge and Owen:
Equips Round Shield
Moves to (12,7)
Attacks Hunter C with Nacht
[Fishing for Adele crit, plus setting up Hunter kill, plus blocking Thantes south. She's at full HP and always survives Thantes.]
(Nacht!Adele vs. Hunter C: 16 ATK, 100 HIT, 35 CRT) (35% ORKO)
Claire, AFTER Serge and Owen:
Moves to (10,6)
Attacks Thantes with Fire
OR
Attacks Thantes with Wind
[Consistent damage, for free because he pulled out his sword so kindly for us! Claire takes 12/26 at no crit from Siege Bow.]
Charm, Emmet C active
(Fire!Claire vs. Thantes: 13 ATK, 57 HIT, 0 CRT)
(Wind!Claire vs. Thantes: 11 ATK, 57 HIT, 0 CRT)
Freya, AFTER Serge, Owen and Emmet:
Moves to (12,5)
Attacks Thantes with Over Flag
[More consistent than Iron at better damage. Lives barring a double crit, blocks Thantes north.]
Charm active
(Over Flag!Freya vs. Thantes: 12 ATK, 48 HIT, 0 CRT vs. 8 DMG, 100 HIT, 3 CRT)
Esclabor, AFTER Serge, Owen, and Adele:
IF (Hunter C is alive)
Moves to (13,8)
Attacks Hunter C with Bronze Axe
ELSE
Moves to (8,8)
[Can never be hit by Thantes, and Charges if he hits the first time for the kill. Succeeds just a bit more than Iron.]
[No Vulnerary because he probably won't be needed for the rest of the map. Still, just in case, fortstrats.]
Charm active
(Bronze Axe!Esclabor vs. Hunter C: 13 DMG, 91 HIT, 0 CRT, Charge on hit) (82.81% KO) (88.83% cumulative KO)

"The main sequence is Serge => Owen => Adele => Esclabor => Emmet => Freya"
Edited by SB.

• 3 weeks later...
Few notes and musings on Alain's "experience"

1. Alain in the middle of his address to Wyke's big powers. He's introducing himself to Sidney in this

scene.

2. Alain speaking to Dark Dave at the Dank Codger. Gave him a warning that sooner or later

he might start regretting his pursuit of dark magic.

3. Claire talking to Slappy and co. about trying to get him better. Slappy drinks the vial.

While this is happening, Alain is witnessing Dark Dave flex his magic. 4 is happening in parallel.

4. Sidney has a brief encounter with Edion/Morgan (Emily's uncle?) who is going to see Eowa. He's heard about Sidney. Sidney

from the past in Raewald or in Wyke? Only thing suspicious in this scene is he reveals too many details about

his relationship with Eowa without being prompted. Like uhhh nobody asked dude. http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=62352&page=44

5. The only place this is referenced is in Laudine's post title. Nothing too interesting happening there though.

Granted, Laudine's post happens while Alain is 'dead' so there's that... It's also important to note that every other "vision" is denoted with a spoken quote from the scene.

"Ride the Tiger..." isn't necesarrily spoken by anyone. Not sure if that's an oversight or not. It's also the title of a song/album and a philosophy book.

6. Malaphar's World. This one seems to be happening in the present. A few questionable details here.

I say that because Shin makes it seem like Alain's been to Malaphar's world before, but unless my

garbage memory is being garbage again, Alain's never been to Malaphar's world. The best he got was

hearing Malaphar and Owen when the latter was trapped there. Soooo yeah. Seems like a mistake there

unless I'm misremembering.

NGL I was expecting some sort of physical realm of hell to be seen, but I guess Belial just chills in

time space. Curious that he would bother sending Alain to Malaphar's world though. Might be that Malaphar's

world is linked to Belial's in some capacity? As a reminder, Malaphar's name is derived from a duke of

hell. But he also seems to hate Belial. Possibly an ex-follower giving the middle finger to the guy? Idk.

Anyway, hard to derive a "meaning" but I figured I'd lay everything out in case someone gets an idea.

*Excuse the formatting, I was typing in notepad lol

Edited by Vestige

Seemed like it existed to show Alain that Belial really has the goods. Might just be the experiences of his followers, maybe, but even that is HUGE.

Edited by Terrador

So looking for THOUGHTS on the following:

We have 1000 BEXP to spread among our 11 units. Since it's not enough to give everyone a full 100 exp which would be ideal, instead my proposition is this, we spend 663(go ahead and double check my math on this number) BEXP in order to bump all 11 PCs to their next level. This gives us 6 PCs at level 13, and 5 PCs at level 14. Easy enough, right? Now things get difficult.

We can either A. divide the remaining 337 BEXP among our 6 level 13 units. This gives them each 56 exp, making the level gap a uniform 44 exp between our level 13 and 14 units.

B. Use 100 bexp on half of our level 13 units, bringing them to level 14. This gives us 8 level 14 units, and 3 level 13 units, with the 3 lingering units getting about 12 extra exp each. This gives us more immediate power, but gives a gap of 88 exp as opposed to 44.

Those are the two options we can plan ahead for. There is a third option of selectively levelling any 3 units based on what stats they end on after their first level, Slightly less fair, but it potentially gives the most immediate power, while still staying within our two level limit(13.00 and 15.00 if we level a 14 unit again).

As for WEXP, we have a few thresholds to consider.

Emmet is 19 WEXP away from attaining C ranks in both staves and bows. We have a Thunder Sword in the convoy that either Serge or Owen could use if they were bumped up to B(37 and 43 respectively). Adele and Sidney are both close to B ranks(7 and 11 respectively), and if Silver Weapons are buyable in Raewald, it will be a large power spike for either. We also just got Hippnos Blizzard tome, which Claire can use if we bump her to B(32 WEXP).

We obviously can't do all of these, but they are notable things to think about. Any other use of WEXP is only getting people slightly closer to B ranks, which has no immediate benefit.

The only other notable case is Freya, who is 21 WEXP away from B lances, though we have no B rank lances in convoy, and in the case of buyable Silvers, we could get both Adele and Sidney to B for less cost than Freya alone. Freya is also 40 WEXP away from C swords, though at this point it's a bit too heavy an investment considering she rarely uses them anyway, at least IMO.

Feel free to give thoughts here or on skype so we can get this sorted.

EDIT: A bit of a tally:

Focus half of the level 13 units - Rein, Xin, Ves, SB, Terra

Spread even - dandra, Jojo, Mel

Fine either way - Juliette

Volunteers to be left at 13 if focused - Owen, Alain

Edited by Ether

Theory on Alain's encounter with Belial:

Spoiler

Za Warudo: A Dank Theory

Preface: 

So here's a thing I cooked up last night. It all came to me kind of randomly but there's a possibility it's true. Also there's a possibility that I'm totally off-base here but Shin did say, and I quote, "INTERESTING" though he has declined to comment further for now. Take that as you will. :P

Basically, when Belial sent Alain to Za Warudo he seemed to have memories, or an innate knowledge of the place that wouldn't make sense considering it was the first time he's been in Malaphar's world (recall that he was not among those that were taken there during Owen's ordeal). I was slightly confused by this and thought Shin made a mistake, but he said it was completely intentional and that there was a reason that Alain had the memories that he did. 

The Theory:

At first, I was under the impression that Alain's visit to Za Warudo wasn't a memory, or a past event and thus it had to have been happening in the present. This brings up an interesting point to consider however, because the other 5 scenes are all things that happened in the past, save for Laudine who is slightly debatable, but I would argue that even her scene occurs as part of "the past" by the time Alain is sent to Malaphar's world. Okay, so with that said the current situation is that Alain is brought to Malaphar's world, he remembers the place but there's no explicable reason why.

This theory hinges on the following supposition, and here is what I propose: Belial has an ability to manipulate time/space and when Alain is sent to Malaphar's world, he is brought to the past at some point after the party meets or departs from Malaphar, but before Alain's death.

Evidence:

Allow me to present exhibit A: Alain hearing a bits of a conversation taking place between Owen and Malaphar in Za Warudo. http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=66448&p=4563154

He tells Morganna what's happening to him, because he's feeling a little scared and confused. She seems seems equally as confused by his revelation, completely unaware of the voices he's hearing (which implies it's not strictly tied to Alain just being a mage) and she questions him rather incredulously about the extent of his ability, as hearing something from far away is not an ability a junior mage should posses. But obviously Alain is, despite his proud nature, still just that--a novice. So alright, the type of magic it takes to listen to a conversation from far away is senior class, but what about a conversation that's not only far away, but in a place that could very well be an alternate dimension? This would require a surprising amount of ability to the extent that, you guessed it, one might be considered godly in their ability. Which god is Alain ascribed to? Ya boi Belial. So it's clear from this altercation that either Alain has subconsciously channeled some unholy power, or Belial played an active and deliberate role. In any case, this scene establishes a link between Alain and Za Warudo that, while not as tangible as some of the other characters, is no doubt present to some capacity.

--

And so we come to exhibit B: The Swordmaster that kills Alain who says the following: "Is this one that our Lord warned us of?" http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=66448&p=4639523

Okay wait, so hold on a minute. It's obvious from later dialogue that occurs in the battle that the big boss of these goons is Malaphar. But the language here is striking... "our Lord warned US of". Now let me reiterate the very obvious fact that while Alain is proud of what he's accomplished, at the end of the day, he's still a novice. And compared to Malaphar, he's barely worth the dirt under his boot when you compare their magical ability. Right? So why is Malaphar going out of his way to warn his goons about Alain? Also consider that Alain and Malaphar have never spoken in a conversation. So there's no way he should know who Alain is really besides cursory information. And I'm sure he can tell at a glance that Alain isn't nearly as good at magecraft as he is, no more than Emily, or Claire at the very least. So why is he warning his goons about Alain? Really, if you think about it, it's almost comical really that someone like Malaphar would send out a warning about a guy like Alain.

But okay wait, what if Malaphar knows Alain is a dark mage you say. Alright that's a fair point, but he's also still a novice in that. What would make more sense is that Malaphar would order his people to hunt Alain specifically, rather than warn them of him. I mean, he'd already dealt with Traliard's tribe, and after meeting the party, Traliard himself. Alain is probably nothing yet compared to them.

Conclusion:

So what's the point I'm trying to make here? How do these two things tie into Alain being sent into the past? Okay, so for the first example, it doesn't make sense for Alain to suddenly be able to hear things from some place he's never been, let alone seen. Sure he might have used his nine-tails chakra to boost up his power, but even then he, in theory, would have had no idea where Za Warudo is, what it looks like, what it feels like to be there... so all the power in the world doesn't help him lock onto the location in question. Unless he's already been there. Alain having already been to Za Warudo establishes a link that he can tap into unconsciously, or that Belial can use to focus Alain's attention. In either case, Alain having already been to Za Warudo provides far more credibility to the event, than him having never been there at all. 

Second is Malaphar's warning to his goons. As I've already established, Malaphar should, by all rights, not even bother to worry himself about Alain. He has not seen Alain do anything substantial with his magic. He's barely a political enemy. They've never even spoken to each-other. So why does it seem like Malaphar is so worried? Alain is rather ordinary compared to Malaphar. But we know he gets sent to Za Warudo, and unlike with Owen and co. he didn't get there because of Malaphar. He got there from what you could say is a "back-door" of sorts. And Malaphar potentially could have realized this. When Alain comes face to face with Malaphar, Malaphar seems to have some sort of awareness that somebody has entered his world and this is unexpected to him. If he comes to realize that Alain can enter Za Warudo, despite what Malaphar himself might will Alain suddenly goes from someone who is rather unimportant, to someone worth keeping an eye on, and perhaps even actively disposing. 

This also provides a plausible explanation for why Alain remembers Za Warudo despite seemingly never having been to it. He has been to it. 

And thus concludes my theory.

Additional Thoughts:
There's another question to consider here if this theory is true, and that is the why. Why does Belial go through the trouble of sending Alain to the past, instead of the present? I... don't have an idea. Maybe it's because it's something that just had to happen. After all, him being sent in the past can be argued to be what leads to his death, and him dying is what leads to conversing with Belial in a scenario in which Belial has the upper hand. Then again, Belial could have arranged his death another way. So yeah, like I said, it's hard to understand the reasoning but it is what it is. 

Edited by Vestige

• 3 weeks later...

Ves' Angelshin Tier List 1.0 

Here are the average stats referred to (averages are not referred to as unit growth averages, but party averages. "Ves, you're missing luck". Yeah, I didn't bother.  

HP: 34.1
STR/MAG: 12.8
SKL: 14.7
SPD: 13.3
DEF: 10.6
RES: 5.7

Spoiler

Note: OPINIONS AHEAD

SS Rank. Sidney: Has access to both melee and ranged options, the latter of which helps to cover her slightly weaker than average def/res. Also sports the highest avoid in the game with access to another safety net in Prayer. Her main selling point is having the highest speed in the game beating the average by 5.7 points. Until people catch up, balance is forced into either Sidney doubles everything, or the party doubles nothing. She also casually has 6 mov. Checked by her average strength. I guess...

S Rank. Claire: Has access to 1-2 range (magic) in a game with enemies who are by and large res deficient. Has above average defensive capability (average hp, slightly below average def, but both bolstered by a heightened res gain). Is above average in all offensive areas as well. Barred from SS rank only by speed. A combat/utility skill in place of prayer would have given her the appropriate boost. (Pursuit/Nihil/etc.)

A Rank. Serge: His late-night steroid sessions finally paid off I guess. On paper, he seems phenomenal to me. His slightly below average skill is offset by his sword rank, and he sports a good mix of HP/Def (hindered only by res but...so is most of the party). Additionally he has above average strength and speed with access to Charge. So you tell me. Lack of seeing steroid-steve in action, however, prevents me from handing an S rank.

B Rank. Cassandra: Has access to both melee and staves. Her solo staff status (not counting NPC) is enough to place her in a good position. She also has above average strength (with a 35% growth...uh ok? =_=) and has above average defensive capability all across the board which means she can front line to a moderate degree. She is checked by her low speed. Access to mounted movement/better skills could place her in B+/A Rank as a utility unit.

B Rank. Adele: An average or above average unit in all facets except luck (but luck is a shit stat, get at me plebs). She has utility in charm and also sports the second highest skill stat in the game with a good growth to carry through promotion. A killer weapon and wrath will turn her into Axe-Nephenee. And Nephenee is the best nuff’ said… Obvious potential for rank-up upon promotion, but currently barred from A due to average speed and defense.

B Rank. Alain: The glass cannon who is all glass and no cannon. His defenses are non-existent, with subpar defensive stats all across the board (a highlighted 10+ HP deficit compared to the average). His speed is decidedly average, and his cannon is only 2 points ahead of the average. By all rights this man is bad and should feel bad. I had originally placed him in C Rank but his claim to fame comes from being the only other mage in the party. Hooray... Pursuit also mitigates his average speed (and at the same time, his average speed vastly undermines his potential). His skill is also really high but has been wholly unneeded except for that one time. Has a niche as the only dark magic user (kappa).  

C Rank. Angus: The unkillable unit is only C Rank?! R u srs Ves? Yeah. Kinda. To begin with, the only reason Angus isn’t dead yet is because he hides behind the party weakness. That’s it. The man has one res. ONE. As it stands though he has phenomenal HP, Strength, and Defense, all of which are above average, and he has access to mounted movement which gives him something of a niche. Where he begins to falter is a lack of speed (3 points below the average) coupled with a speed dependent skill. (Also sports below average skill by 4.7 points, and uses axes. +10 hit skill to mitigate however). His past performance has been impeccable no doubt, but future uncertainty keeps me from awarding a B Rank, though you can argue to the contrary.

C Rank. Owen: Eliwood incarnate. Owen is decidedly average, fluctuating +/- 1ish in every category. I had a hard time placing him at first, but compared to Adele, Owen kinda falls flat which lends me to assign a C Rank (I do think there’s room to argue for C+ rank. Maybe a B). He still has charm, which is not to be understated, but his strength is only average and he's a swordie which doesn't do him any favors. Sure he has way more lolck than Adele, but lol. (He also has Astra… I think).   

C Rank. Freya: Freya does a lot of things right, but some things wrong. She has the highest HP and Def (nearly tripling Alain in the latter, who sports the lowest). Her movement also aligns with most of the party so good for her. Her strength is wholly average though, and as a speed deprived unit (I say deprived but she still has more than Angus with a 25% growth...wutface) every bit of strength is needed for the one and only hit she will land. Despite her bolstered defense, she quickly falls prey to magic however (what a surprise…). Additionally, wrath as a skill seems comical for a unit who will either never take damage or always takes too much and she would have been better served with a skill like nihil which would have brought her up to B Rank on utility alone imo. She also heavily suffers from map design which could also boost her rank. Most (all?) maps since her introduction have been outdoors on open plains which mitigates her niche as a choke-point unit (defend/survive maps when????).                   

D-Rank. Marcus: Marcus kinda looks alright on the surface but suffers from poor...choices. He excels at nothing, and his only niche is flying which also grants him a weakness to bows, wind magic, and slayer weapons. Yikes. His strength is roughly average, and while he has respectable skill, he has no SKL dependent skill and uses swords. His speed is average and his defense is slightly above, but his low growth in both aspects is cause for concern, as his base stats will theoretically be overtaken by these poor growths. His +crit skill is negligible unless a Killing Edge/wrath is picked up, and his +hit skill is grossly unnecessary.

Cass: Only healer and jack of all trades. Has no real weaknesses aside from mediocre speed, but nothing that doubles her is ever going to ORKO her either. She frontlines well and can generally nuke something down from low health if we need her to. Her versatility makes her the most valuable unit imo.

Sidney: Literally defines the speed stat. Sidney has the most consistently good offense and nothing really walls her off. Knives also mean that she can go in melee if we need her to, and her survivability is kind of offset by prayer and luck (although I wouldn't lean on it). If you need That Unit dead Sidney is usually the answer.

Adele: If Cass is nearby (probably, Cass doesn't have any durability problems) then Adele is a monster. She's durable enough to take EP combat, has high hit, MT and crit and is basically never doubled. Would probably be above Sid if she didn't really on supports so much since that IS an issue but she's still sort of crazy.

Claire: Consistent accurate chip with decent critrates to just randomly nuke things. And then add Razorwind. Offense is always relevant and can take a hit or two in a pinch (and Prayer helps too). Not as support reliant as Adele, but still lower due to utility.

Serge: Good offense with Charge and he basically never misses. Adept is also kind of swag. Suffers due to swordlock, which makes his EP just kind of okay. His speed stat really makes or breaks him though.

Angus: Mounted meatshield who hits kind of hard. His luck and non-existent Charge skill have held him back lately but he's still useful.

Freya: She's like Angus except tankier to the point that she never gets hit and is also -2 move. Useful since we can essentially stick her anywhere to smack something on EP but not so much for actually tanking.

Owen: He's kind of a worse Angus/Freya in terms of taking hits but he has two different critrates basically (and also is pretty boss wth a KE). Charm is also nice and he's reliably okay.

Alain: His speed kind of fell off and he's made of glaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaass. If he doubles anything they are probably pretty dead but I don't think he's in a good spot after his last few levels.

Marcus: I'd say jack of all trades but it's more like an 8? He has accurate high crit chances but his MT is so low he probably won't even one shot a lot of enemies anyway. He flies which is kind of neat but statistically he doesn't really do anything too well

Edited by SB.

Spoiler

Xinnidy's totally thoughtful, detailed, and serious tierlist:

"Can't stop won't stop" tier

-Sidney: She doubles people and has range.

(She's not like super busted compared to others but she's definitely the team's premier PP attacker.)

-Cass: STAVES and just the right amount of combat competence. Support bonuses aren't selfish!

If 'owning Owen at everything IC' counts as utility then I can see an argument for god tier tbh.

"I'm pretty swole" tier

-Serge: #PPKillsPPSkills

-Claire: Ah, the power of being agnostic.

-Adele: :Marisa: My growths are moody :Marisa: I crit like hell :Marisa: You guessed it right :Marisa: My name's Adele :Marisa:

(legit forgot she had charm so uh tie her with claire)

"I'm baked where are we" tier

-Owen: The pants double as a convoy, cheerleader squad, anti-chump armor and chastity belt.

-Emmet: He got a-head of himself.

-Angus: For the last time don't let Geoffrey roll your speed growth

-Alain: Silly Ves, if you want a stat to proc, you put 15% growth, not 60!

-Freya: Guess wrath didn't work out that well for you huh.

"HELP THE 2/7 MAOKAI IS ON ME" tier

-Marcus: Wait a minute Owen where did your utility go also why are you riding a chicken.

Edited by Xinnidy

Sidney: 4 more speed than the next highest and bonus point of move from Thief class. Sidney's only real strengths are her speed and flexibility, but those are very good strengths. Her strength the stat means she 2RKOs the average enemy. Her durability is fairly bad, but not to the point where enemies reliably 2RKO her. Will be worse when she caps speed until promotion or if enemies start 2RKOing her. Struggles against mages.

Claire: Constant 1~2 range that hits against res with good speed make Claire extremely good at generalist activities. It's really hard to fine situations where she sucks at. Her durability is low but she will survive a round with anything and lives 2 a good amount of the time + Prayer, and she basically kills everything she doubles. Will be worse if she starts getting 2RKOd. Struggles against strong, accurate physical enemies.

Cass: Durable, good damage but low speed, only PC healer. Cass is very well rounded and I have not much else to say about her. Will be worse if she starts getting doubled. Struggles against fast sword units.

Adele: High damage, rarely doubles but almost always ORKOs if she does. Good defenses but basically dependent on being in Cass support range to avert risk of being owned by a crit because 2 luck is bad. Will be worse if forced into situations without Cass. Also struggles against fast sword units.

Serge: Better from his level ups, but primarily a player phase unit still. Good at scraps, bad with exposure. Has the speed to charge more reliably now. Pretty much in the middle. Fluctuates a lot based on the map, probably the most of any unit. Struggles against javelins.

Angus: Slow, Charge is bad on him, low hit, but mounted and with good durability/damage means he's still good. Will be better if he starts getting speed again. Again struggles against fast sword units.

Freya: Doesn't die fast ever, somehow is rarely doubled. Can be positioned anywhere. Mostly does good chip damage unless using Wrath (or now the Killer Lance, which is easier). Will be better on maps that suit her better. Struggles against mages (ranged attacks in general up until now because she had no 1~2 range).

Owen: Reasonably durable and has a good offense. Statistically pretty similar to Marcus but he has priority on armor so he's more tanky anyway. Charm is good utility. Even though he's close to the bottom of the list Owen is still pretty good but after here is where drawbacks become more severe. If he ever activates Astra he'll be better. Struggles against ranged attacks, but especially mages.

Alain: Alain has a very good offense but his speed is way too low to use Pursuit consistently and his durability is actually disastrously bad. When he starts getting speed he'll be way better on the offense side, but his durability is beyond saving. Struggles against taking damage.

Marcus: Marcus has flying utility but otherwise is definitely the worst. When he promotes he'll be better but until then he would have to be extremely lucky for his spot to change. If he had any other weapon type he would be significantly better, another bonus to his promotion. Struggles most with durable enemies.

(everyone except the first 4 are the same order as sb because i agree with him)

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm interested in joining this RP, seeing that you currently accept new players, and after skimming the opening post and the characters, I have a few questions:

1. Should I read the entire story so far or is it enough if someone provides me with a summary? It's four threads, and I can be a bit of a slow reader.

2. Which players/characters are active? If you are accepting newcomers, some of the older players probably left. It would also be useful if the opening post contained links to the character profiles.

3. Following from 2, which roles are free to be filled?

4. From a gameplay standpoint, how's the active group built in terms of classes and such? My first choice for a character would a glass-cannon type of mage, but if the group already has someone like that or needs something else, like a tank or a healer, I can adapt. I would rather have a distinct role in battles than filling the same niche as others already do.

1. If you click on each thread, generally Shin will have a plot summary at the start of every arc in a spoiler tag or something. You can read those to initially familiarize yourself with the story. If you get accepted, others/Shin can likely fill you in on more in-depth plot points if they need to be discussed. 

2. Here's a link to the Google Doc which we use which shows all the current active players and the characters they are associated with: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NkJejtfCVnA2zzQbHTc216aj9HiBp9c4AB7FVkk9gjU/edit?pli=1#gid=315093604. You can read the bios tab for a small blurb on each character, or go to the Useful Links section near the end for a separate document collecting the various bios of each PC. 

3. A lot of the "roles" from the sign-up page aren't really applicable anymore in the standard sense. This far into the game you can hash out any character idea with Shin and that would probably prove more fruitful than trying to shoehorn your character into a set category. I say this, because initial sign-up options like Lord/Sibling/Lancer are still filled, and likely wouldn't make sense adding on to at this point. But Shin will allow a certain creative flexibility. For example, my character is currently acting as a liaison for the Queen of Raewald and the Twin Royals of Wyke. You're not going to see something like that in main post. 

4. It's pretty varied. The glass cannon role is currently occupied by yours truly. (According to most, it hasn't worked out too well). But don't let me stop you of course. If you're more into originality though, or trying to fulfill party needs, light magic could be your niche. There's also a lancer, which we have relatively few of among the PC's (actually one, and it's not a main weapon). 

A Light Mage... I'v got an idea for that. My original character idea doesn't fit, because being a fire mage is part of her backstory, and the whole glass cannon thing would also have been part of that

I need to flesh my new char out a bit more first. The original idea is something that has been in my head for some time now, but what I'm going to play is brand new for me.

I would worry less about being unique and more about making a character that you would enjoy playing. RPs are a long-term commitment so you want to make sure you have something you're happy with.

6 hours ago, Vestige said:

1. If you click on each thread, generally Shin will have a plot summary at the start of every arc in a spoiler tag or something. You can read those to initially familiarize yourself with the story. If you get accepted, others/Shin can likely fill you in on more in-depth plot points if they need to be discussed. 

2. Here's a link to the Google Doc which we use which shows all the current active players and the characters they are associated with: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NkJejtfCVnA2zzQbHTc216aj9HiBp9c4AB7FVkk9gjU/edit?pli=1#gid=315093604. You can read the bios tab for a small blurb on each character, or go to the Useful Links section near the end for a separate document collecting the various bios of each PC. 

3. A lot of the "roles" from the sign-up page aren't really applicable anymore in the standard sense. This far into the game you can hash out any character idea with Shin and that would probably prove more fruitful than trying to shoehorn your character into a set category. I say this, because initial sign-up options like Lord/Sibling/Lancer are still filled, and likely wouldn't make sense adding on to at this point. But Shin will allow a certain creative flexibility. For example, my character is currently acting as a liaison for the Queen of Raewald and the Twin Royals of Wyke. You're not going to see something like that in main post. 

4. It's pretty varied. The glass cannon role is currently occupied by yours truly. (According to most, it hasn't worked out too well). But don't let me stop you of course. If you're more into originality though, or trying to fulfill party needs, light magic could be your niche. There's also a lancer, which we have relatively few of among the PC's (actually one, and it's not a main weapon). 

Alain's a cannon? I thought he was just made of glass.

14 hours ago, Night Zap said:

So, I'm interested in joining this RP, seeing that you currently accept new players, and after skimming the opening post and the characters, I have a few questions:

1. Should I read the entire story so far or is it enough if someone provides me with a summary? It's four threads, and I can be a bit of a slow reader.

2. Which players/characters are active? If you are accepting newcomers, some of the older players probably left. It would also be useful if the opening post contained links to the character profiles.

3. Following from 2, which roles are free to be filled?

4. From a gameplay standpoint, how's the active group built in terms of classes and such? My first choice for a character would a glass-cannon type of mage, but if the group already has someone like that or needs something else, like a tank or a healer, I can adapt. I would rather have a distinct role in battles than filling the same niche as others already do.

Greetings, I am SHIN. Everyone who's posted so far has generally given the jist of it, but there's a few things I'd like to add to the mix.

1. It would be unreasonable to expect you to read the entire story, there's several thousand posts across the various acts and it'd be a lot to get through. However, I would strongly recommend reading the summaries at the start of each act, and at least the last half of Act 3, just to familiarise yourself with the setting and world events. If there are any questions or explanations needed, I'm more than happy to answer.

2. The players listed on the sheet are considered active. Permanently canned or booted characters are removed entirely, and characters who are on temporary leave are stored with dead characters at the bottom of the spreadsheet. So, the currently active characters are from Owen to Marcus. The next group are party NPC's and then it's the dead losers.

3. Since it's been nearly two years since the RP's creation, all the roles have been filled up. However, many of them can still be adapted and worked with to create a feasible character. You're not exactly going to be able to play Owen's (other) long lost brother, but there's a lot of scope when it comes to class and social status.

4. The party is generally well rounded, although it's a little light on lances. There are currently two active mages in a party of ten, so a third is unlikely to be too unreasonable. I would implore you to think carefully when it comes to character creation. The system is designed to punish people who try to play it! Remember, in setting, light and dark magic are tied to the alignment system. Light magic in particular is part of the church, so a character using it should reflect that!

I'll also add that the party is currently in Raewald, not Wyke as the opening post suggests. So upon researching bear that in mind for your characters most likely nationality (you can of course still choose your character to be from any of the countries listed but they'll need a reason to be in Raewald).

Edited by Jotari

9 minutes ago, Night Zap said:

Well, there are multiple threads with Act 3 in the title and about different groups, so I wanted to make shure what was meant.

Consider the thread came after all of the others finished, it would be a safe assumption provided the context!

With the departure of Marcus from the cast, there are still two slots open in the RP. The main page has been updated to include relevant information and a brief overview of the plot.

• 2 weeks later...