• Florina
    • Lyn
    • Farina

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Florina for both of them.

Hector's supports with Florina were pretty cute. Florina tries to talk to him, says nothing, tries again, screams and runs away, before finally talking to him and thanking him for saving her.

I always thought Lyn's interactions with Florina were really cute as well. I mean, you can clearly see how much they care about each other the first time they meet in Lyn's Story. Their supports elaborate on their relationship, and not only show Lyn's concern for her friend, but also elaborate more on how they met. Their A support really makes it clear how strong their friendship is, with Florina expressing her concern for Lyn and Lyn offering to have Florina live with her on the plains.

Also Florina looks adorable clinging next to Lyn in that one picture

And also Florina hugs Lyn and says that she loves her LynxFlorina totally canon

Also Hector/Lyn is pretty neat although the main thing I like about Hector and Lyn's interaction is that one scene on the pirate ship. That was very feelsy

Edited by maybe

I also usually go for Hector x Lyn, both because of the extra scene in the gameplay, and the fact that I usually find it to be either a) the most useful or b) the only one I can develop in a ranked run (Florina and Farina are always too busy actually doing stuff on the map)

Kent x Lyn is my favourite pairing in the game.I also ship Hector x Lyn,but it's rare I pair Lyn with anyone but Kent in a playthrough.So,Hector's usually alone.

I always do Lyn x Rath because Lyn wants to go back to her homeland and the only female support for Rath is Lyn. I do Hector x Florina because I like their supports.

I always pair Lyn x Eliwood since I want my favorite FE character to be the mother of my favorite Smash character. As for the return to Sacae thing, where else would the Pheraen family take vacations and stuff in this scenario.

I prefer Hector x Florina because it brings out the Phoenix Wright in me.

Lyn with Rath - Because I don't believe Lyn would be happy in Lycia. And Sue has to come into existence somehow...

Hector with Florina - The conversations are hilarious, and the fact that the one who's afraid of men can hook up with the manliest lord around is also funny.

Edited by Mark the Tactician

Canonically, each other. In headcanon, Lyn X Tactician and Hector X Florina.

It's dangerous to say canonically when there is no proof of canon.

Also @The Poll, Lyn/Rath, Hector/Florina.

And Sue has to come into existence somehow...

Villagers, man. Otherwise how else do you explain Lucina's guaranteed existence in Awakening?

Anywho...

Hector/Lyn, it just makes so much sense. And Hector's I can't smack a woman I've lost my heart to" and Lyn's "Don't die" gets me every time. It's also a better pair gameplay-wise than every pair in the poll save Lyn/Florina. Since every other pair in the poll save Lyn/Eliwood (which is slower than Hector/Lyn) are between a grounded unit and a mounted unit, and only Lyn/Florina is fast enough to compensate for the disparages in the distance that's often between a grounded unit and a mounted unit. Rath also just joins too late for him to start gaining supports with everyone he can support with save maybe Guy.

Edited by Just call me AL

So little love for Lyn x Eliwood, it makes me sad

Eliwood and Lyn makes the most sense to me honestly. After all, their dialogue between each other is plentiful without supports, and have the cutest and funniest convos among Lyn's supports IMO, and the ending doesn't feel depressing like Eliwood and Ninian, since in that ending, the game straight up tells you Ninian will die very soon, and you condemned Nils to a life of solitude. Heck, Hector points out Eliwood likes Lyn "like that" in Merlinus' Gaiden, and Smash clearly supports this pair as shown by Roy's reveal trailer

Maybe I have weird tastes, but I just prefer this pair for these reasons

Edited by MCProductions

Lyn and Florina is canon, why else would Lyn never show up in FE6.

I don't really ship Hector with anyone since he's the only Lord who ends up doing shit in my games. usually he just gets A rank with Eliwood and B with Lyn

^There is no such thing as a canon pair when player input is involved

I actually have an elaborate headcanon about Lyn's fate in FE6 when paired with each male spouse. For various reasons, I haven't made one for LynxFlorina

When paired with Eliwood, spends game offscreen caring for Eliwood,personal preference, or dies from the same illness presently affecting Eliwood.

When paired with Hector, fights and dies in the Battle of Araphen before Roy arrives

When paired with Rath, is in the same convoy as Sue, when it is ambushed by the Djute, they are separated, and Lyn steadily works her way back to Sacae

When paired with Kent, fights Bern using Guerrilla warfare when Sacae is invaded, tragically dies during the fight.

The real reason she has no role in FE6 tho is simply that she didn't exist yet when the game was made, but hey that's what remakes are for, right.

Each other. Lyn x Hector.

Seconding this. They're just so entertaining together, and the game seems to push them too. I never understood the appeal of Hector x Florina or Rath x Lyn. Especially the former. I've read their support, and all it is is Florina trying and failing to even speak to the guy and say sorry for dropping her mount on him... Just...what. How can that equate to romance at all...?

Hector and Lyn kinda bicker like an old married couple already, which is always funny. lol

^There is no such thing as a canon pair when player input is involved

Thank goodness for that.

Honestly, the fact that the game tries to steer me toward a pairing I disagree with makes me not like Hector mode that much anymore.

When paired with Hector, fights and dies in the Battle of Araphen before Roy arrives

Seeing as Lilina doesn't inquire about what happened with her mother by the time she fully joins Roy's team, I like to think that, assuming that Lyn is indeed Lilina's mother, upon catching wind of Bern's movement to invade Sacae, she decides to take matters into her own hands a short while after Hector decides not to send troops into Sacae. Thinking that Lycia both doesn't have enough troops for such an action, and could ill-afford to risk a full-scale war, despite such an event managing to happen anyways.

Basically a repeat of the intro to "Another Journey", but replace Hector with Lyn, and Uther with Hector.

Edited by Just call me AL

Another Hector/Florina and Lyn/Rath from me.

I actually do not like Hector/Lyn at all. I feel that Lilina would make more sense as Lyn's daughter than Florina's, but everything about it is just... so cheesy. I would much rather like to pretend that Sue is a mix of Lyn/Rath than Lilina is a mix of Lyn/Hector. In A rank Rath/Wil, the game seems to push that using archery from horseback is challenging, so given that Rath is the only playable Nomad in FE7 and that his only potential support is Lyn, someone who would absolutely support Sue learning mounted archery for hunting... I think Rath/Lyn is one of the most canon pairings possible.

Hector/Florina and Hector/Farina, on the other hand, require virtually no plot schemes. While I don't remember much about her dialogue in FE6, in Awakening when you face her she tends to be very confident and a bit brusque, much like her father. Florina and Farina have conflicting personalities, so depending on how she is in FE6, I would imagine that one of them would definitely shape her personality even more, and considering that she's probably a good "neutral" character, having her brave moments and being outspoken but potentially very soft as well, I just like the idea of Hector/Florina.

None of the above is scientific or even very good logic, but that's how I see it.

I think Rath/Lyn is one of the most canon pairings possible.

Rath/Lyn doesn't get doesn't get as much time together as Hector/Lyn does, nor does the pair get any special dialogue. In all honesty, I don't see how it's "one of the most canon pairings possible".

Well, here is my theory:

First off, Sue refers to Dayan, head of the Kutolah tribe, as grandpa. Dayan ordered Sue to save as many of their clansmen as she could, and he ended up separating from her. If this sounds at all familiar, think about LynxRath A rank:

Lyn: Rath… Tell me the rest of your story, please. Why did you have to leave the tribe?
Rath: …The tribe diviner saw a bad omen in the stars. As…the chieftain’s son, I had to leave to prevent disaster.

Being that he's from the Kutolah tribe, we know that Rath is Dayan's son. The Lorca tribe was already wiped out at the start of FE7, so Lyn, who may have possibly left Caelin castle after her grandfather passed away, could have easily joined Rath in the Kutolah tribe to find a new home on the plains.

(It's also possible that this tribe diviner was the traitor that allowed Bern to invade Sacae & sack the Kutolah tribe, but this is just pure speculation with no supporting argument.)

Also recall that Shin and Dayan, among many tribesmen, stayed behind to fight but still lost:

Shin: After we lost the battle, I set out looking for Lady Sue. I traversed through Lycia and crossed the ocean to the Western Isles. That is where I found her. It was several months after you gave me the order.
Dayan: I see… It has been that long since we lost that battle.
Shin: Chief…
Dayan: We lost many of our clansmen. …Young ones, too.

While there is no direct mention (that I could find nor remember) about Sue's parents, it is not unreasonable to believe that Rath and Lyn, after returning to the Kutolah tribe and living among them, stayed behind to fight and were killed. This is probably the same thing that happened to Guy.

I firmly believe that Lyn received a grisly fate much like Hector in FE6. That's really the only good explanation I can think of that would allow Lyn to basically not be relevant to the story. Eleanora was shown in-game and had basically no plot to the story because she's Eliwood's mother, so one would think that Lilina's mother would be mentioned if Lyn, Florina, or Farina were at all important enough for Lilina to talk about. I would rather believe that Lyn, who is already an irrelevant character, had an "irrelevant" off-screen death along with Rath and Guy when the Kutolah tribe was slaughtered.

It makes sense if you think about Sue's position in the story of FE6 vs. Lyn's position in FE7. I think that's a lot more convincing than simply having artwork of two characters that can't die in the storyline. Besides:

Lyn:

“Rath! Are you OK?”

Rath:
“……”

(End of chapter)

Lyn:
“Rath… Oh! What a terrible wound!”

Rath:
“…… I must leave until this wound heals.”

Lyn:
“Forgive me, Rath. I’ve brought you so much trouble. Here today, and a year ago…”

Rath:
“I’ve never for a moment felt that you caused me trouble. Lyn. My proud sister of Sacae… I’m saddened that I will not be with you in the end. The road you follow… Mother Earth’s…blessings…”

Lyn:
“Rath!”

It's unlikely that Rath dies at the end of a chapter. He more likely passes out and leaves the company later from his wounds. If I could actually find this scene, I could confirm it. Either way, if Rath does not die, then it definitely means that he is kept alive to do his part for FE6, and the only relevant person to his story is Lyn.

If that's how you want to debate it, Rath having one potential partner in Lyn automatically makes Lyn a bigger candidate for Sue's mother than Hector having three potential mothers for Lilina. I don't see how you can believe that Lyn definitely goes with Hector when Hector has options and Rath doesn't. The likelihood of Rath + random woman and Hector + Lyn is just smaller than Rath/Lyn + Hector/Florina or Hector/Farina, especially when you take note that Sue looks a ton more like Lyn than Lilina does.

I think that the entire Hector and Lyn had any relationship (besides both being lords) was simply to build a friendship between the two of them, because they certainly did not act like lovers for most of the game. I'm sure they do if you A rank them, but so do Hector and the other two potential supports. There's nothing suggesting that Hector and Lyn are definitely together any more than Lyn with anybody else. If you mention the pirate ship scene, that was about as relevant as the scene where Florina crashed on Hector.

You can say that Rath/Lyn isn't canon, but the bottom line is there is nothing that makes Hector/Lyn any more right beyond personal taste.

Edited by Brinzy