• Hector
    • Eliwood
    • Kent
    • Florina
  2. 2. Who do you ship Hector with?

• Florina
    • Lyn
    • Farina

Doesn't mean it's canon in any way. All it means is that Rath can't die in FE7 due to being Sue's father, and Lyn's listed as a possibility. Nothing more.

If that's how you want to debate it, Rath having one potential partner in Lyn automatically makes Lyn a bigger candidate for Sue's mother than Hector having three potential mothers for Lilina. I don't see how you can believe that Lyn definitely goes with Hector when Hector has options and Rath doesn't. The likelihood of Rath + random woman and Hector + Lyn is just smaller than Rath/Lyn + Hector/Florina or Hector/Farina, especially when you take note that Sue looks a ton more like Lyn than Lilina does.

I think that the entire Hector and Lyn had any relationship (besides both being lords) was simply to build a friendship between the two of them, because they certainly did not act like lovers for most of the game. I'm sure they do if you A rank them, but so do Hector and the other two potential supports. There's nothing suggesting that Hector and Lyn are definitely together any more than Lyn with anybody else. If you mention the pirate ship scene, that was about as relevant as the scene where Florina crashed on Hector.

You can say that Rath/Lyn isn't canon, but the bottom line is there is nothing that makes Hector/Lyn any more right beyond personal taste.

You're both wrong. The only canon pairing for Lyn is Florina. :P:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rath having one potential partner in Lyn automatically makes Lyn a bigger candidate for Sue's mother than Hector having three potential mothers for Lilina.

Not really. Especially when you consider that, for example, the fact that Legault can only have a paired ending with Isadora doesn't automatically lessen any chances of Harken/Isadora happening. In a similar vein, in FE8, the fact that Amelia is the only female with whom Ross can get a paired ending with doesn't lessen any chances of Franz/Amelia happening.

especially when you take note that Sue looks a ton more like Lyn than Lilina does.

That's subjective. I could just as easily argue the opposite. Especially when you put their portraits and OA next to each other.

I think that the entire Hector and Lyn had any relationship (besides both being lords) was simply to build a friendship between the two of them, because they certainly did not act like lovers for most of the game.

Acting like lovers for most of the story isn't necessarily a requirement for a relationship to happen. Case in point: Ron/Hermoine from the Harry Potter series.

I'm sure they do if you A rank them, but so do Hector and the other two potential supports. There's nothing suggesting that Hector and Lyn are definitely together any more than Lyn with anybody else.

The fact that Hector and Lyn get extra dialogue when paired up with each other says otherwise. Their conversation in Battle Preparations easily equates to either a "predestined pairing conversation" like in Genealogy of the Holy War or an "S Support" like in Awakening. (Heck, Hector even says "I love you" directly to Lyn herself.) Adding to that, their conversation in the Hector's Story Endgame ties directly into Hector's paired ending. Because, who among Hector's potential wives is explicitly shown to comfort Hector's pain of Uther's loss? Even if you don't support Hector and Lyn with each other, during the Hector's Story Endgame she still inquires Eliwood about whether what Nergal about Uther said is true or not, and how Hector took the news if it is. But if Lyn and Hector aren't paired with each other before the Hector's Story Endgame, the conversation between Lyn and Eliwood doesn't go anywhere due to the fact that the conversation between Hector and Lyn that happens during then is a direct follow-up to Lyn's and Eliwood's conversation.

Oh, and neither of Lyn's or Hector's other pairs get anything equivalent.

If you mention the pirate ship scene, that was about as relevant as the scene where Florina crashed on Hector.

Oh, please! The two scenes are hardly comparable. The scene where Florina crashes on Hector was nothing but comic relief. The scene between Hector and Lyn on the Davros helps flesh out Hector's character, and is easily a serious moment. Edited by Just call me AL

One reason I find Rath/Lyn "canonical" is because I find it incredibly unlikely that any parent character ends up with "random villager." That just seems...silly, in my opinion. I figure each parent character has a definite wife among their pairing options, and since Lyn is Rath's only option...but *shrugs* that's just me.

Actually, if we look at Roy's stats its clear that random villager is his canon paring since Roy's stats are so shitty similar to Eliwood's.

Also, Lyn and Florina's supports are the fastest growing so take that Hector.

Thankfully canon pairings don't exists so we there can be no right answers.

^I agree that canon pairs don't exist, since outrealms exist.

My personal belief is that each playthrough of every FE game chronicles different events. FE Awakening's Future Past DLC confirms alternate realities for each playthrough of Awakening, combined with multiple games mentioning that multiple worlds exist, it's not to far a cry to say that each playthrough takes place in a different world, with that playthrough's events becoming "canon" to that world. If you look at this way, each pair is canon, while at the same time, each pair is not. This is why I don't believe in canon pairs, since none of them are.

HectorxFarina/Florina and LynxRath make more sense in terms of storyline, I think.

I suspect the developers began to ship HectorxLyn halfway through making the prequel and were all like "well damn we sort of dropped the ball on this one, she doesn't even appear in the next game and we can't really make this go for--oh screw it, IT CAN HAPPEN IF WE WANT IT TO", hence the extra scenes in Hector Mode.

But those pairs don't really have the same chemistry imo, so I don't care much for them.

I suspect the developers began to ship HectorxLyn halfway through making the prequel and were all like "well damn we sort of dropped the ball on this one, she doesn't even appear in the next game and we can't really make this go for--oh screw it, IT CAN HAPPEN IF WE WANT IT TO", hence the extra scenes in Hector Mode.

I think the developers intended for Hector/Lyn to happen all along. Otherwise they wouldn't have put the effort into making sure that Hector and Lyn interact with each other the most during the main story. As well as including the two special conversations they have with each other. Kinda like what Awakening did with Chrom/Sumia, aside from some obvious differences. It might not make the pair canon, but I wouldn't be surprised if Hector/Lyn was given canon status. Given I.S. track record with any sort of pair between characters with heavy interaction between each other. Edited by Just call me AL

The only game I'd give even the slightest thought to about the Outrealm Gate is Awakening. For all the other games, it's a whole lot of phooey in my opinion.

I think the developers intended for Hector/Lyn to happen all along. Otherwise they wouldn't have put the effort into making sure that Hector and Lyn interact with each other the most during the main story. As well as including the two special conversations they have with each other. Kinda like what Awakening did with Chrom/Sumia, aside from some obvious differences. It might not make the pair canon, but I wouldn't be surprised if Hector/Lyn was given canon status. Given I.S. track record with any sort of pair between characters with heavy interaction between each other.

I disagree. I also think that the "they interact the most" argument is kinda invalid. Of course they interact the most, their two of the main lords! Eliwood interacts with Lyn just as much, possibly even a little more given Lyn mode. As for the scenes, well that's the lords getting special treatment methinks, 'cause they're lords. Plus, again, Lyn is Rath's only option, and I.S. would not have a parent character wind up with a random villager, that's just not happening.

^I just want to point out if IS didn't want random villager to be an option, they wouldn't have made it one.

Also, Outrealms are not a new concept in Awakening, in fact, they first appear in FE7 thru the Dragon's Gate, and FE11, thru Nagi's paralouge. Saying they only apply to Awakening is simply wrong, they simply became a major plot device in that game.

I stick by my statement that all pairings are canon, if only so we can agree to disagree here.

I still prefer LynxEliwood anyway

If any pairing were to be made canon though, there would be no random villagers. Every parent character would have one of their options (from the playable cast) as their spouse. That's what I'm getting it.

The Dragon's Gate and such isn't really the "Outrealm Gate" though, they're separate entities, that's how I've interpreted it anyway. The Outrealm Gate in Awakening seems different than the Dragon's Gate and such, since the OG deals with time travel and alternate realities whereas the DG seems to just deal with moving from one world to another (like a fancy airplane, if that makes sense).

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

I disagree. I also think that the "they interact the most" argument is kinda invalid.

How so? There's plenty of pairs that interact with each other the most that get the most build-up as a pairing in the game. Hector/Lyn is one of those pairs, alongside Eliwood/Ninian and Jaffar/Nino. Outside of FE7, there's pairs like Lewyn/Fury (which actually has been canon since FE5), Arthur/Fee, and (again) Chrom/Sumia.

Of course they interact the most, their two of the main lords!

Alm and Celica are the main Lords in FE2. Guess who those two wind up with after FE2's said and done.

Eliwood interacts with Lyn just as much, possibly even a little more given Lyn mode.

Not really. Seeing as after New Resolve, Eliwood primarily interacts with Ninian. Adding to that, the difference in the amount of time Eliwood interacts with Lyn and the amount of time Hector interacts with Lyn is more noticeable in Hector's Story. And, again, even one of Eliwood's interactions with Lyn herself supports the notion of Lyn winding up with Hector.

As for the scenes, well that's the lords getting special treatment methinks, 'cause they're lords.

I heavily doubt we'd get lines such as "I can't smack a woman I've lost my heart to" or "This is your share of tears. Don't say anything. Just, for a little while. let me lean on you. For a little while." if being the Lords in this game were the only reason for Hector's interaction with Lyn.

Plus, again, Lyn is Rath's only option, and I.S. would not have a parent character wind up with a random villager, that's just not happening.

Such a thing can actually happen in FE13, since Lucina's existence is guaranteed to happen in that game. It can also be assumed to happen if Eliwood or Hector are locked out of marrying anyone that isn't named. Plus, such a pairing is technically canon in at least Hawkeye's case. It wouldn't be unreasonable to assume the same would be true for Rath if Hector/Lyn is indeed canon. Edited by Just call me AL

Spoilers for FE Fates follow, I'm saying this since I don't know how to use spoiler tags, and don't want to seem like a jerk.

The DLC accessing area in Fates has the same functions as Awakening's outrealm gate,it's how the encounter with Awakening DLC occurs, however it's outrealm gate is called the Dragon's Gate. An interesting reference to make, especially since Outrealm gate worked well enough before, so why not now.

Does this even qualify as spoilers, it's all over the main site. All well better safe than sorry

Let me be totally honest here:

Talking about your favorite pairing is all well and good, but when you start bringing "It's totally canon!" into it, it crosses a line with me. Who the hell are YOU to tell ME who I should and should not ship? There are NO canon pairings for Lyn, Hector, or Eliwood. If someone wants to ship Lyn and Hector, that's perfectly fine. If someone wants to ship Lyn and Eliwood, that's perfectly fine. If someone wants to ship Eliwood and Fiora, that's perfectly fine.

Your pairing is NOT the "correct" one. To believe so is both presumptuous and insulting to those who have different pairings.

The only, THE ONLY, canon pairing in FE7 is Pent/Louise. All others are entirely up to the players.

There, I've said my peace. Carry on!

Bartre/Karla is also canon. In fact, even if you don't pair them I believe their endings mention each other, since Fir has to come into existence.

but yeah he's right guys don't try to argue over canon in something decided by choice unless it's specifically addressed in a sequel or something (like the one I just mentioned)

Edited by maybe

How so? There's plenty of pairs that interact with each other the most that get the most build-up as a pairing in the game. Hector/Lyn is one of those pairs, alongside Eliwood/Ninian and Jaffar/Nino. Outside of FE7, there's pairs like Lewyn/Fury (which actually has been canon since FE5), Arthur/Fee, and (again) Chrom/Sumia.

Well like I said, Hector and Lyn are two of the main lords. So of course they interact more, and that is a completely, totally valid argument. Lyn/Rath gets more time than Nino/Jaffar, too, plus every interaction Lyn and Rath have shows some attraction between the two, as do their supports despite Rath's aloofness. Rath gets the same kind of "affection" with Lyn that Hector does, the same build-up, aside from the extra scenes Hector gets in HM (which are only gotten through supports, which is not uncommon for supports in the FE series, so without supports Rath gets MORE build-up and affection than Hector).

I know about Lewyn/Fury being canon. I also ship Arthur/Fee. Fun fact: Azel/Tiltyu was supposed to be canon, it was supposed to be shown in the third act of FE4 that never made it into the game. So even though it never made it into the game, I still ship and consider Azel/Tiltyu canon.

Alm and Celica are the main Lords in FE2. Guess who those two wind up with after FE2's said and done.

Alm and Celica does not equal Hector and Lyn.

Not really. Seeing as after New Resolve, Eliwood primarily interacts with Ninian. Adding to that, the difference in the amount of time Eliwood interacts with Lyn and the amount of time Hector interacts with Lyn is more noticeable in Hector's Story. And, again, even one of Eliwood's interactions with Lyn herself supports the notion of Lyn winding up with Hector.

Yes really, I literally just finished playing through the game again a couple of weeks ago. Eliwood does interact primarily with Ninian, but he still interacts with Lyn just as much as Hector. I also recall one of Eliwood's interactions with Hector supporting the notion of Lyn winding up with Eliwood, so...

I heavily doubt we'd get lines such as "I can't smack a woman I've lost my heart to" or "This is your share of tears. Don't say anything. Just, for a little while. let me lean on you. For a little while." if being the Lords in this game were the only reason for Hector's interaction with Lyn.

Every pairing has lines like that in their supports, so there goes that argument.

Such a thing can actually happen in FE13, since Lucina's existence is guaranteed to happen in that game. It can also be assumed to happen if Eliwood or Hector are locked out of marrying anyone that isn't named. Plus, such a pairing is technically canon in at least Hawkeye's case. It wouldn't be unreasonable to assume the same would be true for Rath if Hector/Lyn is indeed canon.

Like I said earlier, "if any pairing were to be made canon, there would be no random villagers." If I.S. were to make anything canon in Awakening, Lucina's mother wouldn't be the random villager option. It just wouldn't. Hawkeye is also not the same case, he was already married and has a daughter in FE7, whereas everyone else has yet to have their spouses and children.

Your pairing is NOT the "correct" one. To believe so is both presumptuous and insulting to those who have different pairings.

I'm not saying my preferences are canon nor do I consider anyone's preference canon, including my own (with the exception of Azel/Tiltyu). I'm just debating the points of each possibility. No harm in that.

The only, THE ONLY, canon pairing in FE7 is Pent/Louise. All others are entirely up to the players.

False. Bartre/Karla.

Also, I hope I'm not coming off as rude or anything. I'm not trying to be rude or snarky or anything. I really enjoy debating characters and pairings and stuff like this, and I hope I'm not being too "intense."

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Yeah, but... Ike x Elincia... ;_;

(they interact more than any other characters in the Tellius games, and didn't even get a platonic ending, let alone a romantic one. Such a waste...)

Still, Hector and Lyn act like an old married couple half the time. lol And those couples are so entertaining. :P

Edited by Anacybele

The Awakening Drama CDs don't acknowledge any selectable pairings as official.

Anyway, the 20th anniversary artbook has Florina in the lead to be Hector's wife and Lyn in last place.

Edited by Alazen

^Why is there not a way for me to like Gomez's post.

I've been saying this since this flame war started.

It's not a flame war.

Also I used the term "canon" loosely. You shouldn't take me saying, "It's totally canon" for me to say that your chosen pairing is wrong. I didn't realize people felt so strongly about this.

Well like I said, Hector and Lyn are two of the main lords. So of course they interact more, and that is a completely, totally valid argument. Lyn/Rath gets more time than Nino/Jaffar, too, plus every interaction Lyn and Rath have shows some attraction between the two, as do their supports despite Rath's aloofness. Rath gets the same kind of "affection" with Lyn that Hector does, the same build-up, aside from the extra scenes Hector gets in HM (which are only gotten through supports, which is not uncommon for supports in the FE series, so without supports Rath gets MORE build-up and affection than Hector).

See this is what I'm saying, too. They interact largely because Lyn was given lord status and, to the player at least, is a meaningful character. People argue all the time that Lyn's mode is not mandatory and is basically just a sidestory, and it would be very fair to say that Lyn was only given Lord status so the game could show you what it means to be a lord in FE. Consider that the only non-Caelin character she can recruit from Lyn's Mode is Rath, and consider the fact that it was Rath, not Hector, that saved her once and came to her aid a second time. What has Hector done for Lyn besides have forced lord discussions with her?

She is basically FE8 Joshua without her knowing, and he's not a lord, nor is he exactly important outside of a random part of the plot. If the game started at Chapter 11 Eli/Hector, Lyn would be a myrmidon fighting to take her home back who gets support from your army, and she would come along just to help your army, much like literally everyone else.

Lyn getting scenes, in my opinion, is entirely because of Lyn's mode and being given arbitrary "importance", even though she is clearly plot irrelevant. Most of her dialogue is just supporting talk that honestly could be done by Mark.

The Awakening Drama CDs don't acknowledge any selectable pairings as official.

Anyway, the 20th anniversary artbook has Florina in the lead to be Hector's wife and Lyn in last place.

Hector/Lyn is just, IMO, a terrible pairing. They might do things a couple would do, but they seem so friend-mode status to me throughout the game. I love some of my friends and I argue with them like a married couple, too... but that doesn't mean we're somehow going to end up with each other.

Their backgrounds are just so mismatched, and going forward, I can't see why Lyn would go from living in the plains trying to avenge her clan, to living in Caelin as royalty... to living in Ostia as a housewife. It's not like Lyn even knew about her heritage. I definitely can see Lyn going back to live life on the plains with Rath, a character that shares many, many similarities to her, even background. She would join a tribe, seeing how her own tribe was massacred and that she's proven herself a heroine in Sacae. The Kutolah tribe is by far the most likely.

Also look at Sue.

Edited by Brinzy

How's this determined? Er, how does it do a "lead" or whatever? *Knows nothing about the artbook*

It has a chart listing Hector's possible wives going from left to right. The order goes Florina>Farina>Lyn.

In case you ask if I'm right about the order, then I'll point out the artbook also put emphasis on Hector and Florina's ending CG.

It has a chart listing Hector's possible wives going from left to right. The order goes Florina>Farina>Lyn.

In case you ask if I'm right about the order, then I'll point out the artbook also put emphasis on Hector and Florina's ending CG.

...Isn't Japanese read from right to left, though?