Blue Druid's Sprite gallery!

Blue Druid

Why hello there! You can never have enough sprite galleries, so I decided to make my own.

[spoiler=Mugs!]

Orius_zpsdvy6fv0y.pngDamian_zpsplxnefwo.pngRickard_zps5vipzlsf.pngHarris_zpsowt3rlk0.pngRaymond_zps8w6dslzl.pngGordon_zpsjfa7osyx.png

Oluf_zpskvq0esga.pngqueen%20bathory_zpsuvylbve8.pngram%20skull_zps3z9rpmze.png

new%20orius_zpswjy1rya9.pngFala_zpsmhipcnit.pngsophia_zpsric3gdhi.pngmadelyn_zpsaa5lzlwi.pngHathes2_zps7bueymlq.pngStephan_zps2an5qwzx.pngIago_zpswlwtkou8.pngBosola_zps3lvvpnpo.pngpegz_zpsnke7tukt.png

Stephan_zpspkndqxhi.pngdushan_zps6gtghvyn.pngoriuss_zpset7ae3fl.pngFala%202_zpsin0ixy5u.pngnew%20lorus_zps5scmw0en.pngdamian%207_zpston0b6u5.png

[spoiler=Battle Sprites]

Griffon_zpsd6acnoyc.gif

Griffon Knight

420234HelpBattleSprite_zpseddhzv37.pngGriffon%20Rider_zpsjysjgomb.pngnew%20myrm%20scratch_zpstehwahzl.pngwicked%20flier%203_zpsdwp4z1nf.png

Kentarch class Griffon Rider Swordfighter (scratch) Wicked Flier

[spoiler=Maps]

huge%20castlescrn_zpsee7kpweu.png

forest%20temple%20concept%20mapscrn_zpsn

[spoiler=World Map]

world%20map_zpsrifhlok8.png

Edited by Blue Druid

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I can tell that you have improved a lot! I like what you did with the mini-mugs by making them those symbol things. I'm eager to (hopefully) see the battle sprites animated!

Wow, I can tell that you have improved a lot! I like what you did with the mini-mugs by making them those symbol things. I'm eager to (hopefully) see the battle sprites animated!

Thanks a lot Willie! I wasn't fond of drawing mini-portraits, so every character gets like a mini personal sigilTM Blue Druid 2015. I actually have plans to animate all of the battle sprites except the swordfighter, some of which I already began making the frames.

Edited by Blue Druid

I too like the symbols in place of the mini-portrait; it makes a nice logo/insignia that can be easily identified as 'aligning' with that specific character.

Thank you, that was the idea behind it! Its only downside is that it's actually a bigger challenge to make than it seems, because you have to work with the palette of the portrait and in such a small amount of space.

Thanks a lot Willie! I wasn't fond of drawing mini-portraits, so every character gets like a mini personal sigilTM Blue Druid 2015. I actually have plans to animate all of the battle sprites, (some of them I've also began making the frames) except the swordfighter.

What you have up there are pretty awesome. I especially love the Griffon Knight as an alt flier class from the pegasi and the wyverns. My only gripe is that the animation seems more fit as an unpromoted class so would be better reflected as Griffon Rider. Screw Awakening, they never gave us a proper Griffon riding character. Please tell me you have plans for a proper Wyvern Knight analogue for the Griffon.

Regarding the other battle sprites, I'm really liking the Wicked Flier, it's got this cool mysterious vibe to it. But, what exactly is it supposed to be? From the name and what you have up there, I'm guessing it's your take on the Revenant Knight from Fates, but instead using staves and maybe tomes? I dunno, but the shamanic hood and the creepy torn wings seem to be something relating to dark magic to me. Well, whatever it is, I like it!

What you have up there are pretty awesome. I especially love the Griffon Knight as an alt flier class from the pegasi and the wyverns. My only gripe is that the animation seems more fit as an unpromoted class so would be better reflected as Griffon Rider. Screw Awakening, they never gave us a proper Griffon riding character. Please tell me you have plans for a proper Wyvern Knight analogue for the Griffon.

Regarding the other battle sprites, I'm really liking the Wicked Flier, it's got this cool mysterious vibe to it. But, what exactly is it supposed to be? From the name and what you have up there, I'm guessing it's your take on the Revenant Knight from Fates, but instead using staves and maybe tomes? I dunno, but the shamanic hood and the creepy torn wings seem to be something relating to dark magic to me. Well, whatever it is, I like it!

Why thank you fellow druid. But why do some people keep saying that the Griffon Knight looks unpromoted?! The Griffon Knight uses the same motion and attack as the Falco Knight and the Dragonlord, as well as the Dragonlord's rider. I explained this it in this topic, and there is an actual unpromoted Griffon Rider in the Battle sprites spoiler. Yes, screw awakening.

As for the Wicked Flier, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say...

Edited by Blue Druid

I'd say the problem is with the Griffon itself - it looks quite skinny and basic as compared to a promoted pegasus, which is like, fully decked out.

Why thank you fellow druid. But why do some people keep saying that the Griffon Knight looks unpromoted?! The Griffon Knight uses the same motion and attack as the Falco Knight and the Dragonlord, as well as the Dragonlord's rider. I explained this it in this topic, and there is an actual unpromoted Griffon Rider in the Battle sprites spoiler. Yes, screw awakening.

For one, compare the wyvern rider with the lord and you see that the difference lends to the lord having more of an oomph. There's also the fact that the lord is slightly bigger, the actual knights armor is better and the fact that in the promoted version of pegs and wyverns, they fly to a height and then swoop in for the damage, then fly around to rest.

Your animation swoops in immediately, essentially lacking the sheer momentum and implied gravitas for such a powerful attack that naturally looks proper for a promoted class. Instead, it looks like a half meld between unpromoted and promoted; kind of a tier 1.5 class. Something similar to that of radiant dawns 2.5 part 4 enemies.

Of course the occult skills are seriously broken, but that's an entirely different discussion.

Honestly, if i had artistic skills that weren't worth a smidge of shit, i might have in your place tried to model the Griffon Knight as an axe version of the Wyvern Knight, except that of a knight on a different mount.

I'm not insulting your skills, and frankly I'm not really aware of how much hard work goes into making a custom animation. Just a vague awareness from reading the tuts thats it's a fuckload of hard, lengthy work.

As for the Wicked Flier, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say...

That's cool, gotta have your secrets. If you don't mind sharing, how long does it take for you to complete an animation once you've got the idea of how it should execute? Edited by CorruptDruid

I'd say the problem is with the Griffon itself - it looks quite skinny and basic as compared to a promoted pegasus, which is like, fully decked out.

I tried at one point to "fatten" the griffon, but it didn't look so good. I don't want to make such a major change with the griffon because that would mean changing all 50 or so frames :sweatdrop:

Edited by Blue Druid

For one, compare the wyvern rider with the lord and you see that the difference lends to the lord having more of an oomph. There's also the fact that the lord is slightly bigger, the actual knights armor is better and the fact that in the promoted version of pegs and wyverns, they fly to a height and then swoop in for the damage, then fly around to rest.

Your animation swoops in immediately, essentially lacking the sheer momentum and implied gravitas for such a powerful attack that naturally looks proper for a promoted class. Instead, it looks like a half meld between unpromoted and promoted; kind of a tier 1.5 class. Something similar to that of radiant dawns 2.5 part 4 enemies.

Of course the occult skills are seriously broken, but that's an entirely different discussion.

Honestly, if i had artistic skills that weren't worth a smidge of shit, i might have in your place tried to model the Griffon Knight as an axe version of the Wyvern Knight, except that of a knight on a different mount.

I'm not insulting your skills, and frankly I'm not really aware of how much hard work goes into making a custom animation. Just a vague awareness from reading the tuts thats it's a fuckload of hard, lengthy work.

That's cool, gotta have your secrets. If you don't mind sharing, how long does it take for you to complete an animation once you've got the idea of how it should execute?

That's only the .gif, which I hastily put together. The in-game animation is different in terms of timing.

I didn't take it like you were insulting my skills :sweatdrop: haha.

Anyway, the time it takes to complete an animation depends on a lot of factors, such as the number of frames required, the sprites, and the spriter themselves. Promoted classes are the hardest to make, because they need to be something spectacular, to show that the unit is skilled and experienced. Staff animations are arguably the easiest to make, as they only require a few frames, and could be done rather quickly. I, for example started the Griffon Knight in 2013, but because it was such a huge undertaking for my skill as a spriter (or lack thereof) at the time. I had only done 1 animation before it. As such, it went on hiatus every once in a while, until i got my shit together and finally finished it.

Edited by Blue Druid

Really, the gif is inaccurate? You might want to change that so it better represents the actual animation. As long as the actual animation gains height to add momentum, it should have some of the necessary oomph. On the actual Griffon, to make it more robust, how feasable would it be to add some adornments to it? Maybe a bit of armor or more muscular limbs might give it an impression of strength. As it is, it looks like the Griffon is less of a free unrestrained creature and more lke a poor bird in need of a next meal. It really looks emaciated when compared to the Falconknight and Wyvern Lord and Knight.

Now that you are better than when you first started, you might feel inclined to doing a redo of this, essentially a 2.0 comparable to TBA's. If you compare between those two, you can really see the big difference, the 1st one just looks wonky in comparison.

It's really awesome that you've added a great resource like this, similarly when the first Halberdier was made for the gba, it was a pretty sweet addition, then the subsequent one just blew the previous standards out the water. If you look at many hacks, you see a lot of usage for the 2.0 sprite, the one that is more custom compared to some of the modified Ephraim edits you see used as a representative for the Halberdiers on the gba.What I'm getting at is that a griffon would be a wonderful addition to the gba roster.
Nao work on that map sprite you fiend.

Also it doesn't help that IS could have added Griffon Rider as a base class for Gerome and have his mount be named Minerva in remembrance of the same one that battled alongside Cherce and a battle mount he would have grown up aside. That's my headcanon, don't ruin it, it helps me sleep. Or keep me awake as it seems.:)

Of course this is me speaking without understanding just how many individual frames you would have to edit and spend an entirely lengthy time spent on a venture requiring a full retooling to achieve a custom animation that stands out on its own. Of course, if you really want to redo this it should be at a pace where it's not tedious work sans any fruit.

Edited by CorruptDruid

Well, it's not that inaccurate, but the in-game version is a bit slower when raising the axe, not to mention it has sound effects. If I ever remake this or overhaul it, it'll have to wait because I have 2 animations going on and a potential 3rd one.

There actually is a map sprite, it's included in the zip download.

And it's actually 87 frames. I counted (including the handaxe, sword and unarmed animations).

Edited by Blue Druid

Sorry for late response.

Well, it's not that inaccurate, but the in-game version is a bit slower when raising the axe, not to mention it has sound effects. If I ever remake this or overhaul it, it'll have to wait because I have 2 animations going on and a potential 3rd one.

Ah, in that case it would be a better idea to update the gif to match the in game rendition, otherwise you have idiots like me criticizing it on aspects that aren't true.

There actually is a map sprite, it's included in the zip download.

Wat? I don't know how I missed that in the animation thread, i'm really sorry.

And it's actually 87 frames. I counted (including the handaxe, sword and unarmed animations).

87 frames to individually alter would a tedious task. In the event you do feel like it, it would be nice to see it fit in with the Falcon Knight and Wyvern Lord, otherwise it's a really solid piece of work you've added for the fandom. Anyways, if it feels like I'm heckling you, by all means let me know so I can stop.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's in both the serenes forest and the feuniverse animation topics ;]

I'd give you the link right here but I'm on a phone.

I knew that, it was exactly why I spelled it so incorrectly XD