Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn ReDux (v0.8.72 CH 2-2)

Dunal

13 hours ago, Dunal said:

Makalov lacks a skill slot which comes under 'expanding data' to implement.

Would the file needing expansion be just 2-3’s, when he joins, or also the one with all the charcaters’ info? I can see how expanding the first one could give you a migraine.

But, *if* you can automate it somehow, I can see how it would be a smart idea to preemptively expand data on all maps with joining chaacters to give a personal skll slot to those lacking it and filling it with one of the invisible effectless skills (they’re a thing, right?) as placeholder.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you both for sharing your thoughts. I will list the following stats for Nolan and Jill for comparison's sake (how I'm viewing things currently). This is them both going into 1-E (or midway 1-E possibly):

HP | STR | MAG | SKL | SPD | LCK | DEF | RES 

Nolan 16/8 (1.5 levels per map + 1 level of BEXP > Promoting at the start of 1-6-2)

57 | 19 | 9 | 27 | 18 | 25 | 16 | 10

Jill 17/6 (1.5 levels per map + 1 level of BEXP) > Promoting at the start of 1-7)

45 (-12) | 20 (+1) | 7 (-2) | 14 (-13) | 13 (-12) 23 (+5) | 15 (-1) | 7 (-3) 

You also need to take into account that Nolan has Nihil while Jill has no innate. While Jill has extra move in 1-6 and 1-8 + canto. Nolan is more likely to have a higher axe rank to use the Silver Axe by 1-E, and a higher support rank with someone (although Jill can feasibly each an A support by 1-E, you have less time to establish it). Otherwise, Nolan gets crossbows (mainly strong in 1-6 and 1-8) while Jill gets lances (pretty niche aside from extra HIT on Javelin or Horseslayer usage). Taking everything into account, I don't believe that Nolan is in a bad spot here. SPD is a big factor and allows Jill to double a fair few enemies that Nolan cannot. But consider that she has a whopping 52% less hit-rate against Halberdiers without giving her Nihil... That's a substantial difference in hit rate, to the point where Nolan can reliably use say, the Battle Axe to land finishing blows on enemies without retaliation (where Jill would need to take damage and then follow up). Lastly, without Nullify (which means no Celerity, Pass or Stillness) Jill gets wrecked by thunder magic and bishops, while Nolan has no such weakness, with enough HP and RES (with pure water/barrier) to tank magic extremely well.

Throw in the Tarvos in part 3 and aside from the mobility and SPD (where Jill won't be doubling Cats anyway) and Nolan is generally better. Of course stat booster prioritisation matters here. Giving Secret Books to Jill doesn't otherwise sacrifice too much. While with Nolan, sparing a speedwing to secure doubling (and therefore one-rounding) Halberdiers/Generals may be a steeper cost. Although I'd argue that double-downing on his high AVO with Ashera Icons is pretty effective since he does ignore 'Focus' as well; increasing survivability even more.

In the next update, the Killer Axe should help him (and Jill will seldom be reliable with it in comparison) but I'd even debate that's it's not strictly necessary. Don't think it'll hurt to add though.

3 hours ago, Mr. Mister said:

Would the file needing expansion be just 2-3’s, when he joins, or also the one with all the charcaters’ info? I can see how expanding the first one could give you a migraine.

The former. Skills are inherit to the unit data in the main file. Payoff isn't worth it here.

PS: I think Leonardo could use a little help. Besides the Heavy Longbow in the endgame shop, unless I missed something I believe you only ever get access to one Longbow that an enemy drops in 1-3. That's only 20 very precious uses, but with his niche for being the Longbowman I feel he should get one more before endgame. Did I miss one in a shop somewhere?

You can buy standard longbows in 1-E as well. Although I could change that for 1-7 or 1-8 as well.

I think the general consensus is that Leo is fine. Water affinity + Reliable ranged damage + Low investment (He can promote whenever and still be good) + anti-flier niche (Nolan aside). He lacks SPD but he's designed around it. He hits hard with accuracy. Later on, his huge SKL means high Disarm/Deadeye procs or crits. Lughnasadh is the highest ranged weapon outside of seige tomes. With all that said, he works good for what he's intended for.

I will admit, having played about have of 1-E so far, Nolan's better then I was giving him credit for, the problem is that when I saw his Nihil skill my mind went "that's the skill that helps avoid instant death when facing certain endgame bosses" it didn't click with me until 1-E that because of all the extra skills like vigilance that you're giving enemy units Nihil is a lot more useful in the now, so yes, I apologize to the great Chuck Nolan.

Also because no one answered and I'm still curious:

Why can base archers not use bowguns? Is it hard coded into the game or was that a decision Dunal made for some reason?

Is there a way to show a laguz with it's regular stats and modified stats even while untransformed? (while transformed we see a laguz with its base stat and doubled stat, but if a laguz has one of their stats X1.5 even while untransformed there's no obvious indication) If it's not feasible then I understand but it would make things a lot less confusing.

Also by this point It's starting to seem to me like every dark weapon in the game has Aura, but at the moment only some of them have the "Aura" tag, so that's also kinda confusing.

Is there a reason why Ilyana has +15Crit as her skill while generic enemy mage knights have shove? (generic enemy sages get paragon just like Tormod even though it literally does nothing for them)

Edited by Renigade
Typo

I am pretty sure in vanilla RD archers cannot use the bowgun, only the sniper class and warrior class (and their respective 3rd tiers) can use bowgun weaponry.

I believe Ilyana +15crit skill is her personal skill in place of shove. It adds to the uniqueness in each character. so not all mage knights will have that. (forgive me if im wrong dunal)

Also 100% agreed about nolan. I think its harder to see a characters use when were used to getting killing machines in vanilla RD so when we see a durable but 'weak' unit so to speak, we easily fall into the trap of the character being bad. Mainly cuz we didnt really have any use for durable units in vanilla RD cuz all we needed was killing machines but in this hack its much different. Just gotta look deeper into each characters uses and what there designed for.   Being able to actually hit with the battle axe is super godlike something Jill cant ever hope to do maybe with max biorhythm. Jill's lack of bulk also hurts her a bit she is a killing machine but cant stay out on the front lines too much, could probably  give her stillness or shade to fix this problem tho. 

I think I will stream a part 1 run today and showcase what the great chuck nolan can do.

Edited by Zihark72

3 hours ago, Dunal said:

The former. Skills are inherit to the unit data in the main file. Payoff isn't worth it here.

By the former you mean just 2-3's map data? I took a look at it and I think it's FE10Data that would need editing, which brought me to this:

I'm in the process of writing a python code that given hex strings H, A, and B, and a list L of hex ranges, would insert H in adress A, displacing the subsequent content of the file by H's byte length N, then sum N to all the 8-byte hex strings between values (A-0x20) and (B-0x20) located at adressess contained in the ranges listed in L.

I think that will help.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Mister said:

By the former you mean just 2-3's map data? I took a look at it and I think it's FE10Data that would need editing, which brought me to this:

I'm in the process of writing a python code that given hex strings H, A, and B, and a list L of hex ranges, would insert H in adress A, displacing the subsequent content of the file by H's byte length N, then sum N to all the 8-byte hex strings between values (A-0x20) and (B-0x20) located at adressess contained in the ranges listed in L.

I think that will help.

Oh sorry I meant it would be the main file, not the map data (read your post wrong). The latter can only be used to lock pre-established skills allocated by the former (Like the BK's Nihil/Imbue).

15 hours ago, Dunal said:

Thank you once again for a quick and detailed response. It's really interesting to see things from the perspective of the creator, and I appreciate that comment you left on my video about this hack too btw. 

First of all, in hindsight I don't think that the Jill/Nolan comparison was the best one. If tanking is the name of the game, then a Nolan/Aran or Nolan/Meg comparison would probably be more appropriate, and the advantages of Nolan in those scenarios are more apparent. That said, shouldn't it be impossible for Nolan to have 27 SKL at 16/8 without boosters? With 17 levels, it should be more like 22-23 unless something changed between versions. To add one counterpoint to the Jill/Nolan thing, it's true that while on paper Nolan may have a ~50 hit lead on Jill vs Halberdiers, but in practice she still has ~80-85 hit (~90+ with some of those hit related statboosters) even vs. a Halberdier at Best, from neutral. This does assume a forge of some kind (I used a +15 Hit Steel Axe, in this case), however Nolan really wants a +Mt one to keep up offensively during Part 1 until the Silver Axe anyways, so I think it's fair to factor that in for both sides. 

I keep forgetting that enemies have passives now though, so Nihil actually does help him stand out as a tank type character vs Aran or Meg. I don't feel very knowledgeable on Aran or Meg in practice, so I don't think I should be the person making that comparison. I will say that I think an extra point of speed on promotion would go a long way to stabilizing him a bit more for Part 1. After all, if reliability is his thing it's kind of a shame that he sits riiiiiiight on the edge of doubling/not doubling during 1-E with your projected stats. If he hits that 18 SPD, he's probably fine enough. If he does really well, he might even pick up those 16 AS enemies too. If he hits 17 SPD though, suddenly his offense has just plummeted into a really bad place, since many enemies have 14 SPD on this map. Specifically, the Warriors, Strategists, Bishops, and correct me if I'm wrong but I think the first Halberdiers can potentially hit 14AS, and all the later ones do. It's potentially problematic with the Generals too, where that 25% STR may leave him losing AS from the Hammer, especially if Nolan ends up a level or two lower than projected for whatever reason. Shoot, I fully admit my bias for Jill and in my playthrough she still rolled into 1-E at 18/3 compared to your 17/6 projection, so it's worth mentioning lol.

For the record, I don't think Nolan is unusable trash or anything. I just don't think he quite stacks up as of Part 1, but I do admit that the numbers aren't as bad as I thought. I tried using him again and while he was better than my first go, I just felt like he was lacking...something. I wish I could post a picture of my first Nolan though. That dude was legendary for all the wrong reasons. 

1 hour ago, Deltre said:

First of all, in hindsight I don't think that the Jill/Nolan comparison was the best one.

Perhaps so, though I used Jill since I see comparisons between the two most often. Granted, weapon type is the only thing they really have in common. Comparing to Aran or Meg however he does still hold up. He gets a level lead and offense/bulk is very similar to Aran. Nolan has a bit more SPD/RES but slightly less STR/DEF, otherwise it's weapon type and Nihil vs. Vigilance. With the Brave Lance/Horseslayer I think weapon type is in Aran's favour but the Killer Axe should help with this.

1 hour ago, Deltre said:

I keep forgetting that enemies have passives now though, so Nihil actually does help him stand out as a tank type character vs Aran or Meg. I don't feel very knowledgeable on Aran or Meg in practice, so I don't think I should be the person making that comparison. I will say that I think an extra point of speed on promotion would go a long way to stabilizing him a bit more for Part 1.

Extra SPD on Nolan sets a somewhat dangerous precedent with the inclusion of speedwings. On average he should double slower enemies in 1-E, but could use a speedwing to secure that if need be.  Dropping Halberdier SPD by 1 point could be very feasible though. Otherwise, it risks him doubling enemies he shouldn't, since at that point the rest of his stat spread would just make him too good compared to others. He already has a level lead over tier 1s, so if he's too well rounded it might end up too beneficial for him to hog resources.

2 hours ago, Deltre said:

That said, shouldn't it be impossible for Nolan to have 27 SKL at 16/8 without boosters? With 17 levels, it should be more like 22-23 unless something changed between versions. To add one counterpoint to the Jill/Nolan thing, it's true that while on paper Nolan may have a ~50 hit lead on Jill vs Halberdiers, but in practice she still has ~80-85 hit (~90+ with some of those hit related statboosters) even vs. a Halberdier at Best, from neutral. This does assume a forge of some kind (I used a +15 Hit Steel Axe, in this case), however Nolan really wants a +Mt one to keep up offensively during Part 1 until the Silver Axe anyways, so I think it's fair to factor that in for both sides. 

Nolan gets +3 SKL on promotion (although that may have been changed shortly after the public release, so that may instead be +2 for yourself) with an 80% SKL growth. So it's otherwise 24-25 SKL. Of course, this does matter a lot for Hand Axe / Short Axe or a Battle Axe, weapons someone like Jill would struggle hitting with on occasion. Soon, the Killer Axe as well. This is where the massive HIT differences come into effect. Between Meg having effective weapons against her (and bad HIT, especially with anything ranged), and Aran not having the SPD to double anything, or more likely to being doubled as a result (Brave Lance aside) Nolan is the most reliable tanky unit you have, with two forms of effective weaponry in Hammer and Crossbow. And unlike those two, gets a prf weapon after 1-E.

So with that said, I'll still hold off on further changes for now. If I were to buff further though it would be extra SKL (double down on his strengths or possibly an extra point of STR -- which does situationally help his AS as well) or DEF. Keep in mind, the benefit to having good base STR + promotion bonus over a higher growth is the short term immunity to being RNG screwed. If he had only +2 STR on promotion but a 50% growth... then his STR as a Warrior be around the same on average, but would have a lot more variance and could end up with less STR that would be otherwise secured with a higher promotion bonus. So in that sense, Nolan has some reliability there. Again, dropping Halberdier SPD by 1 should add to this as it helps him excel against them as intended, without affecting other match-ups. Otherwise, the current incarnation of Tarvos actually drops Nolan's SPD by 3 (a flat stat penalty) as does Leo and Edward's prfs, in return for other benefits. So it's designed around never doubling, but has 20 MT and +5 DEF. Nolan just needs to hit 16 SPD to not get doubled by tigers, so any extra SPD above that is unneeded. Again, it makes him reliably good, and makes it so as long as he hits that in Part 1, you can just bench in 1-E and still make him powerful in part 3.

Still, I do understand how Nolan's more long-term strengths aren't going to be appreciated in the current release. Between Tarvos, his class (tier 3), Arbelest, skill/crit proc % later on etc... He's very powerful. Any deficiencies in STR/SPD are more than made up for, just less-so early on where his level lead or reliability/bulk are the main factors to his worth.

So I just thought of something and I thought I'd at least mention it and if I'm a crazy person you can feel free to ignore me.

"Shove" if the enemies have it is it at all possible for them to actually make use of it? I commented earlier that it was weird for enemy sages to have paragon when it doesn't help them in any way, I didn't realize until after I said it that "shove" doesn't really help enemies with it in any way either, but enemies with canto still use that so why wouldn't they use shove? Also even if this is something that you chose not to implement I'm at least curious to know if changing enemy AI so that they do use shove is something that's easily implementable or is it something that would take a crazy amount of work?

Edited by Renigade

GG 1-E

Spoiler

AAGG1E.thumb.jpg.dfc7b9f657c4cec0532dc3f3baa7ff23.jpg

So overall... I really liked it, that said 1-E was one of my favourite maps in vanilla as well, In hindsight I wish I had brought Leo (I didn't because he was my highest level unit next to Tormod and there were no flyers but he probably would've helped fight the ledge advantage, and I'll get back to that Ledge advantage in a bit...)

So here's my units with their updated levels:

Spoiler

AASothe2.thumb.jpg.b30d0f15b61e720684de614e585e23a2.jpg

I put Pavise on Aran this map so Sothe got pass instead, considering how claustrophobic some of the enemy placement was somebody definitely needed Pass, I don't know if Sothe used it better then others would have but he did use it, also I don't think I used that Cutlass a single time against an Axe user, I just used it cause it's his strongest weapon. Also now that Sothe is this high level I should probably lay off using him in combat for the most part, nothing but pick pocketing in your immediate future.

Spoiler

AAEdw2.thumb.jpg.0421d10708176699a7e419137b7a2394.jpg

Eddie continues to perform, I kinda feel bad for Zihark at this point, Ed is level 5 now and Zi is still stuck at level 3 (TBF this generally wound up being what I did in vanilla as well, but I wanted to try giving Zihark a bit more love in this hack, oh well, maybe in Part 3) Also for the first time I got to use the dreaded Wo Dao + Gamble + Wrath = 100% Crit combo, hit% was only about 65 at the time because Biorhythm was being mean but shh that's not what matters, bonus point cause Edward was at exactly 1 HP at the time :p, Also shout out to Micaiah for giving Edward 3 extra attack, 2 extra defense, and 9 extra hit for the entire map since aside from Sacrifice that was the only thing she did (although the importance of sacrifice can not be understated, between Sleep and Silence I think she used it 5 times, she even used it once while she herself was silenced, which is pretty silly when you think about it, but hey I'm not complaining)

Spoiler

AALaura2.thumb.jpg.03652ceb289127cc1edc5adfffb379f0.jpg

Laura is still the healer, she still mostly heals, but the increased might from her forge combined with her abnormal speed let her wreck a few Generals and Strategists, also she had a really clutch use of silence against a Strategist that would've killed Jill if he'd triggered his 30% crit (to make it even more funny I then had to ignore said Strategist for 2 whole turns because of reinforcements, thank Ashera Silence lasts as long as it does, I wonder if an enemy on the map had a restore staff if that strategist would've been smart enough to run for help?)

Spoiler

AAJill2.thumb.jpg.4d72c19fd8196176c2e713d0f16af706.jpg

You know I took Celerity off her and put on Nullify for this map but I don't think she was attacked by a single Mage Knight... although it did help me be more confident in putting her near the scary bishop at the end of the map (who as it turns out doesn't move, but if he did he could've one shoted Jill had she not been equipped with Nullify, so that makes me feel a little better at least) But yeah she really felt felt that -4 move on this map, she was still great, but it hurt, Fiona made REALLY good use of that Celerity though so I'd say it was overall worth it.

Spoiler

AAMeg2.thumb.jpg.c399dbedfb01fefdf84fb6c6cc722819.jpg

Meg is still Meg and Meg is still great ...but she really felt that -19 hit from Ilyana not being there, in hindsight I guess this map is especially bad for that because of Jarod's 3 authority stars, still there's no one I was really willing to leave out for Ilyana (especially cause there's nothing I was willing to sell to buy that ArchThunder) Still Meg got to laugh at all those Wo Daos and Carreaus that couldn't crit her even though she had 0 luck, so it was all worth it. I haven't given up on Ilyana by any means but I'm hoping I can give her a fresh start with the Greil Mercenaries, if she's as good as everyone sais she is she should be able to recover from the relatively undesirable position I'd say she's in now.

Spoiler

AAFiona2.thumb.jpg.19f995839e6ded74ab71c4f41579c4cc.jpg

Holy wow Fiona is good, I said I was unsure about her in my last post but my doubts have been shattered, AOE healing is insane, especially cause she doesn't even have to waste her turn to do it, and especiallyspecially because of her Canto letting her get into the perfect position to heal as many units as possible, overall as a unit I'd say her stats are still a bit underwhelming but honestly I think they have to be because otherwise her healing would make her OP, and she's still good enough to get in a finishing blow when she needs to.

Spoiler

AAMaurim2.thumb.jpg.1b6b17ce88feac459a58ddb85aef1bfc.jpg

Muarim is... more of the same from last time really, I managed to get S rank strike with him so that's a whopping base 45 attack, but he really won't be doubling anything unless they're being weighed down like crazy by something like a siege tome and when he comes back in Part 4 I'm assuming most things will have at least 20 speed which would mean everything doubling him so I'm guessing he'll need some BEXP levels to be viable I'm just wondering exactly how many... (or more importantly, how much BEXP will I have readily available and will the conversion rate be generous enough to let me pump a good few levels into him without much issue)

Spoiler

AAAran2.thumb.jpg.8eed5af9a4ed954b8e2687543e40d037.jpg

So Aran... he definitely gets the least valuable player award for this map, doesn't mean he didn't have his uses but he couldn't double anything and even with the brave lance there was never an opportunity to one round an enemy with him, and if he's supposed to be a tank? I guess I must've gotten bad luck with his defense growths cause he's got one of my lower defense stats ATM (although after thinking that I went and checked and realized how creepily similar all my units defense stats are, at least the ones I brought to this map)

Now for my 3 MVPs... OK I guess Fiona would actually be my real third MVP and I'm just building up to Nolan cause my opinion on him did a 180 but maybe he's not quite MVP status, but anyways...

Spoiler

AANolan2.thumb.jpg.d47dc38168c176c6ed326f62be59d16e.jpg

Ahh, Chuck Nolan I'm so sorry for doubting you! That "reliability" actually really came in handy, now part of it might be that half the enemies were Halberdiers including the boss which made Nolan a really good candidate for fighting him but there's also all the crazy ass crit users running around which his luck really helped with and in the event that he did get crit his bulky defense and resistance combined with his 60(!) HP meant he could live a hit and then recover a nice juicy 6 HP with renewal (Muarim does have 70 HP now which makes him a better candidate but I didn't want to put any skills on Tormod's crew this chapter for obvious reasons) he wasn't fast enough to double many enemies but he was certainly "reliable".

Spoiler

AATorm2.thumb.jpg.70c34f02dc7ce6cc0c75778899a9f9b4.jpg

Erp, I almost got him to Tier 3, I didn't even mean to use him that much in this chapter, I was only gonna use him whenever I had to get myself out of a really tight jam (turns out this is kind of a hard chapter and I found myself in some sort of "jam" basically every turn, so he ended up getting used a whole bunch) but most important of all: Meteor was the real MVP, I used all 10 charges mostly to help me fight the ledge advantage (remember when I said I'd come back to that?) I killed that jerk on the horse with the silver longbow with it and the bolting user with it and helped kill a couple other jerks that were really annoying to kill because of that ledge, thank Yune Siege Tomes don't care about that ledge. (Also Maxed Res and Fire Weapon Rank, Erp)

Spoiler

AARaf.thumb.jpg.4735387533deda5a470787ee76c7eb73.jpg

So I'm showing you his stats mostly just in case you care and wanna compare (hah!) but seriously getting 2-4 extra moves each turn is what made this map even doable, I believe this so much so that I'm convinced that beating this map without him (at least if it's your first attempt and you're trying to get through it as fast as you can) is basically impossible, if anyone did actually attempt this map their first time without him I'd love to know how that went.

Final thoughts: it seems like the main giveaway that a unit is elite is their health, other then that they've felt more or less like normal units, maybe consider making them a bit stronger? (even if it's just a couple points here and there) Personally I just don't feel they quite live up to the name "elite", the dragons from 1-8 have definitely felt the most "elite" of all the enemies so far.

Edited by Renigade

I'm glad you enjoyed 1-E. It was definitely a huge challenge, and Dunal making it even more of an uphill battle by adding so many enemies that charge you makes it crazy. Plus the reinforcements are great.

Until Jarod was by himself, never at any point did I feel like I was moving forward of my own accord. The 2 thieves, as well as the continuously charging enemies constantly forced me to move all my units forward purely out of self-defense. I always had to kill them before they killed me, and be absolutely ready for enemy phase. It was one of those maps that gives a big adrenaline rush, despite FE being turn-by-turn and at your own pace.

Now that Nailah is out of the picture though, I'm having a hard time imagining how to get both of the thieves on this map. One of them goes down a ledge to get the bottommost chest so Sothe and Eddie can dispose of him quickly, but I have to resort to spamming a very low chance Bolting to get the other one. While that's an option, I feel like I'm missing something? Maybe I just turtle too much?

Since my Sothe had Pass he was able to sneak in and Cutlass one of the thieves before he could get very far, that turn was kinda dicey for Sothe though and required some math to make sure he wouldn't die on enemy phase (worked out to him living with like 2 HP I think)

I also remember being very scared that the thief I let live might go up instead of down, it's what I would've done if I was him, thankfully he didn't.

Hey guys I enjoyed 1-E so much I decided to play it again, but this time I did things a little differently~

Spoiler

TormodSolo.thumb.jpg.a4fb4ad5f84c61e5ead66cc3195c474d.jpg

So... Remember when I said I didn't plan on using Tormod very much but I got into a lot of sticky situations so I had to? Well that got me thinking, if my Tormod got 282 experience whilst I was kinda trying to not use him, how much would he get if I ONLY used him? Well...

Spoiler

TormodSoloB.thumb.jpg.45b5db1748d7e8bac0a8c4f6f0ec9d86.jpg

Survey says... 974 apparently, and yes he did kill everyone on the map (except those thieves, in hindsight it MAY have been possible with smart, or lucky, usage of the siege tomes but I kinda had my hands full at the beginning of the map) the main way I was able to avoid Tormod getting overwhelmed was by funneling all the enemies into the staircase at the bottom right of the map, also of note is that with a couple exceptions the reinforcements are the only enemies that will aggro you, everyone else stays put, and it also turns out that most of those reinforcements are 1 range, at the very least all the threatening ones are, so my strategy was to get a silence bishop to stand next to me (since all enemies move in a specific order you can get them to screw themselves over if you're paying good enough attention to who moves when) and since all the big threats are 1 range I just didn't attack the silence bishop or the enemy behind him (cause that would risk the silence bishop moving to 2 range) and wait for the silence bishop to waste all his uses (if he succeeds in silencing me it doesn't matter cause no one can hit me, or even if they can it's not doing enough damage to kill me with renewal) and once all the uses are exhausted he will no longer move to 2 range even if it would let one of the enemies attack me so I just pick off all the strong guys like the BraveSwordMaster and the Carreau users as they funnel into the 2 range, then once all the aggro enemies are dead it's just a matter of individually picking off everyone else. Also because at the beginning of the map it can be a bit tricky getting the right enemy placements I put Fortune on him just to be safe, as you can see here:

Spoiler

TormodSoloD.thumb.jpg.472f55aa8715808f2a68c76a181a9d37.jpg

I had him support with Sothe sort of as a "just in case" measure, though I think I only used the support bonus once.

With that said I do have a question for you Dunal...

Spoiler

TormodSoloC.thumb.jpg.8303939c6ed44dd6fc3f38aa1b47aafb.jpg

Light Magic Where?

I'm glad I prepared so many extra Thunder Forges, I lost about a third of my arsenal when Light was taken away from me (Tormod was borrowing Laura's Rainbow originally) although I will say it gave me extra incentive to use that Archthunder Tome that I did in fact buy for Tormod even if I wasn't willing to buy it for Ilyana :p

Additional thoughts: he really started to slow down on the experience gain when he hit level 18-19 and ESPECIALLY at 20th, he seemed to actually speed back up again once he reached 3rd tier, is this intentional?

Final question: have you had anyone else do anything this silly yet? XD

Edited by Renigade

Just beat 2-P, managed to route the map by turn 5 but it still didn't end until turn 8, was it that way in Vanilla as well? I also remember Haar coming into the map a lot sooner in vanilla, here he didn't show up till I literally only had the boss to kill. Side note: I love that you're willing to play around with growths over 100%, my Nealuchi gained 2 luck three levels in a row :p

Actually it's the opposite, I did my best to not give any XP to Elincia, unfortunately she triggered Stun one of the two times I had her fight a mook so she did get one kill but other then that she went one round with the boss and used Physic a few times and that was it, I believe she ended the map with 97 XP still at Level 1.

• 2 weeks later...

@Dunal, my kindest regards to you and all the players on this post, followers from my fanpage advised to play the Redux patch and right now I am currently practicising the whole game to do a Let's Play very soon, but I am stuck literally in Chapter 2-3 'Geoffrey's Charge'.

When the opening secuence starts, it sends me directly to the Base, Marcia is the only unit available in the party and if I recall correctly I am supposed to get war funds in the Info section, which at this moment I currently have in my pockets without actually visiting the 'Info' section, there are no units to pick from and when I start the level, it gets stuck on a infinine loop in Felirae's Castle; there are no units, the music still plays, and maps resources still work (birds flying, etc).

Also on a side note, Nailah does not appear at all in the Dawn Brigade chapters, her model is missing on certain scenes like the final scene on 1-E Daein, Arise! where Micaiah bids farewell to Tormod and company. She has dialogue but no model, also, after the rescue on the swamp she also does not appear when Micaiah is waving back to the crowd.

Did I do something wrong?, I am currently using a patched iso from an original NTSC Radiant Dawn copy that I own from long ago. The game was patched using patch #2 if I recall correctly, I saw your disclaimer that if one patch does not work you were supposed to try the other one instead.

Anyway, I'll send you a few screen caps, hopefully someone can help me out here, I don't want to miss the chance to play this patch, thank you for your help!

~Zephyr.

//EDIT: I am currently running the patched game using Dolphin 5.0.

Spoiler

screen 5.PNG

Spoiler

screen1.PNG

Spoiler

screen5.PNG

Edited by Zephyr
Info added.-

Oh hey!, thanks brother! You helped a blind man here, sorry for my lack of information, still, Im hoping to see the very end of this patch, also, to OP, do you have a Patreon? My wife and I would gladly pledge something!

Nailah not being playable in part 1 is intended, but her missing from cutscenes is not.

Dunal, you should check other part 1 cutscenes in case she’s missing from them too, and probbaly have to make he rjoin the army at or before 1-E.

7 hours ago, Zephyr said:

... to OP, do you have a Patreon? My wife and I would gladly pledge something!

I would as well, very gladly. I don't have much but I'd be happy to donate just for all the effort that Dunal puts into this project.

Edited by Carreau Diamond