Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn ReDux (v0.8.72 CH 2-2)

Dunal

Honestly, I feel that no matter how lite you want that patch to be, you should still swap Leo's cancel with Disarm (do the reverse with Brom too if you want to conserve the total skill amounts; to him it's usually the same wether he procs one or the other in part 2).

No magic-based Florete? That seems like an honest oversight in vanilla.

Also, you should include other miscellanious corrections/fixes, like Wildheart's description.

Edited by Mr. Mister

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, while changing Leo's skill is definitely an objective improvement (and one that makes sense), it's not true to the original game's design. So anything other than number/stat changes I would avoid aside from some oversights/bugs like Mist's Florete. Cancel is a pretty odd design choice for Leo but maybe the developer's intention was that you remove it at the first given opportunity to get a free scroll?

I was even hesitant to modify earth affinity as well (since changing it to give DEF is technically a design change) but since it's such a glaring balance flaw (double earth supports can basically negate any difficulty the game actually has to offer in the mid/late) then I made an exception. By contrast, Leo's cancel is inoffensive and you might as well ignore that it's there.

Text corrections/fixes are a given since I've already implemented those for ReDux. Resolve is another example.

Edited by Dunal

2 hours ago, Dunal said:

FE10 MINIMALISTIC BALANCE PATCH 

Hide contents

Unit Changes
Micaiah - Higher growths, improved promotion gains, +1 authority star
Edward - Slightly higher bases/growths, improved T2 promotion gains
Leonardo - Higher level/bases/growths, improved T2 promotion gains
Nolan - Improved T2 promotion gains
Laura - Higher level/bases, changed stat caps, improved T2 promotion gains
Sothe - Slightly lower bases, higher growths, changed stat caps, improved promotion gains
Ilyana - Slightly higher bases/growths, improved T2 promotion gains
Aran - Slightly higher level/bases, improved T2 promotion gains
Meg - Higher level/bases, changed stat caps, improved T2 promotion gains
Volug - Slightly lower bases, lower base level
Tauroneo - Improved promotion gains
Zihark - No changes
Jill - No changes
Fiona - Higher bases, +1 movement, improved T2 promotion gains
Tormod - Higher growths, significantly higher promotion gains
Muarim - Lower level, higher growths
Vika - Lower level, higher growths
Nailah - Lower level/bases
Rafiel - Higher level (More galdrs unlocked)
Black Knight - No changes
Elincia - No changes
Marcia - Higher level/bases
Nealuchi - Lower level, slightly higher growths
Leanne - Higher level/bases (More galdrs unlocked)
Haar - Lower level/bases
Nephenee - Slightly higher level/bases
Brom - Slightly higher level/bases/growths
Heather - Higher bases, improved promotion gains
Lucia - Higher growths, improved promotion gains
Lethe - Slightly lower bases, significantly lower level
Mordecai - Slightly lower bases, lower level
Geoffrey - Lower level, higher growths, improved promotion gains
Kieran - Slightly higher bases, improved promotion gains
Makalov - Higher bases, improved promotion gains
Astrid - Higher bases/growths, improved promotion gains
Danved - Higher bases/growths
Calill - Higher level/bases
Ike - Lower level/bases, Ettard buffed, -1 authority star
Titania - Lower level/bases, Improved promotion gains
Soren - No changes
Mist - Higher bases, Florete now deals magic damage
Rolf - Slightly higher growths
Boyd - No changes
Oscar - Lower level/bases, improved promotion gains
Shinon - Slightly lower level/bases
Gatrie - Lower level/bases, improved promotion gains
Rhys - Slightly higher growths 
Mia - Slightly lower bases, improved promotion gains
Ranulf - Lower level, slightly higher growths
Kyza - Lower level, slightly higher bases
Lyre - Significantly lower level, slightly higher bases
Reyson - Higher level (More galdrs unlocked)
Janaff - Slightly lower bases, lower level
Ulki - Slightly lower bases, lower level
Sigrun - Slightly higher bases
Tanith - Slightly higher bases
Skrimir - Lower level
Tibarn - Lower level/bases
Naesala - Lower level/bases
Pelleas - Higher level/bases
Stefan - No changes
Oliver - Slightly higher bases
Bastian - No changes
Volke - No changes
Kurthnaga - Higher bases/growths
Ena - Higher bases/growths
Caineghis - Lower level/bases
Giffca - Lower level/bases
Renning - No changes
Gareth - Higher bases
Nasir - Higher bases
Lehran - No changes

Misc Changes
- Overall MT buff to thunder/dark magic 
- Higher tier magic tomes and daggers have increased MT
- Longbows (higher MT/HIT) and Crossbows (higher MT) are buffed
- Laguz weapons now grant more WEXP (usually double, sometimes more) and Laguz gain more EXP at higher levels (past level ~15)
- Laguz gauges buffed overall
- Non-royal Laguz have increased capacity to match royals
- Magic cards have more MT
- Earth affinity nerfed (same as in ReDux)
- T3 caps modified for some classes (for example, Makalov having a higher SPD cap to accommodate growths).
- Some skill capacity cost changes (examples being Canto is down to 5, Resolve is up to 25)
- Costs changed for some items (secret book is significantly cheaper for example)
- Enemy stats slightly modified based on class (SPD is more varied for example) or buffed in individual cases (Ludveck)

You missed Sanaki, also I noticed you used Ludveck as an example of a boss that needs buffing, to me the BK will always be a way more obvious example, but maybe the nerf to Ike is enough, dunno.

Edited by Renigade

23 minutes ago, Renigade said:

You missed Sanaki, also I noticed you used Ludveck as an example of a boss that needs buffing, to me the BK will always be a way more obvious example, but maybe the nerf to Ike is enough, dunno.

Seems like I forgot to document that. Checking in-game it seems I upped her bases/caps a bit and Cymbeline got more of a boost than other tomes. 

I believe the only change I made to the BK was +2 SPD and capping Ike's SPD to 35, which prevents Ike from doubling. Hammer was nerfed by 3 MT as well (there's some other individual changes I didn't document either that I'd need to include). Otherwise I don't think Ike's base/level nerf would affect him long-term other than capping slightly later.

So... would anyone be interested in a release for this? If so I'll play-test it through and make a new thread for it. Might be something for people to enjoy while they wait for the next release of ReDux. Also, I could include a version that has higher enemy stats/growths that replicates hard mode in that regard (but is played on normal mode to retain WTA, enemy movement checking etc... Same deal with ReDux).

It would definitely keep me occupied until the next release of ReDux comes out. As I said in my earlier post, Radiant Dawn has been my favorite for a while, even as I go back and play the older ones like Genealogy. This is some great work you have been doing, so don't rush on making sure ReDux continues to be great, but this might be good idea to keep people occupied in the mean time. I know it would keep me occupied.

If by tweaking EXP stuff and figuring out how hard’s hidden levels work you can produce a version of normal mode that is exactly like vanilla hard but with WTA and enemy range indicator (plus text corrections, but still with physical florete), then I’m sure the purists would be interested in it.

In fact that was kinda what I hoped Mangs had asked you to do for him, as otherwise and besides transfers he seems to be going to play exactly the same hardmode he already had (still without having ever played the game with WTA), specially as I think he didn’t start on Second Playthrough mode this time either, despite him claiming he did.

Edited by Mr. Mister

I've never once played on hard mode because I can't be arsed to remember how enemy ranges are affected by all the different tile types and I think removing the weapon triangle is dumb, so while I can't say I'd likely play it any time soon (since Redux exists and I'm more interested in that at the moment) It's something I'll probably want to get to at some point in my days of Fire Embleming. Personally not too interested in a re-balance of normal mode cause I'm perfectly content using worse characters like Meg as a form of self imposed challenge, though if I ever get any new friends into Fire Emblem I'd likely point them towards the re-balance of normal mode as a good starting point for Radiant Dawn if you do release it.

@Dunal 

Longbows have been tested in many forms and 3-5 both offers good flexibility for the player and enough counterplay for the enemy. It makes more sense in context for later parts of the game (where enemies with Longbows are more securely positioned and harder to deal with, so their lack of 2 range is an acceptable weakness).

That does make good sense but early game, it does feel odd.

Crossbows do not scale with STR so early game they are definitely quite powerful but fall off over time when your units gain more STR to perform better with other weapons. They also aren't amazingly accurate compared to other options (so Rolf/Boyd aren't great with them typically). By mid/lategame only Nolan/Shinon are optimal with them and that's because of their lower STR. Meanwhile, they are at their strongest (early game) when you cannot buy them freely, so are limited in that sense. The higher tier ones later into the game are also limited.

You can't buy them but Leo's Disarm and Sothe's Steal eases the availability quite a bit. :) Your reasoning is sound once again though. 

To the original? If so I do have a minimalistic patch/hack (just modifications to the vanilla game's balance rather than an overhaul like ReDux) that is unreleased so far (don't mind releasing it though if there's demand for it).

If it is not a huge hassle, would you make it available for download? I'm on my 17th or 18th playthrough now and there are always characters that are unusable in hard mode for me every time. I am enjoying the Redux quite a bit but I wouldn't mind giving it a go with a few alterations to the original for possibly better balance. I do think Leonardo having Disarm instead of Cancel is a better choice. I always end up throwing Disarm on Rolf on most sessions. 

Anyhow, the changes I would propose for balance. Things to add to vanilla.

Micaiah: Skill (Miracle, Sacrifice)

Sothe: Affinity (Thunder)

Meg: Str 13, Def 14, HP 26 , Level 7, Skill (Counter), Mv 5

Fiona: Str 11, Spd 14, HP 29, Level 11, Mv 10

Aran: higher bases, Affinity (Water)

Zihark: HP 32, Level 5, Skill (Vantage), Affinity (Wind)

Mordecai: Level 20, Skill (Smite)

Lethe: Level 20, higher Str, Skill (Canto)

Lyre: Level 20, higher Str, Skill (Canto)

Kyza: Level 22, higher bases

Muarim: Skill (Wildheart)

Sanaki: Level 5, HP 33, Skill (Shade)

Vika: higher bases, Skill (Canto, Daunt)

Nealuchi: Level 24, Skill (Wrath, Guard, Canto)

Cost of special items cut by half. 

Edited by grinus

I actually agree somewhat with the point Rengor brings up at the start of the vid about Sacrifice appearing above Galdr for Rafiel being a bit annoying, I don't believe I've ever accidentally used sacrifice when I meant not to but that is the sort of thing that can end a run if you're not careful, of course the solution may just be to be more careful but I get where he's coming from.

I just stumbled upon something interesting: Remember how when trying to play ReDux on a real Wii it would always crash when trying to load the 1-2 map, but not on Dolphin? Well, today I updated Dolphin to the latest developement version (5.0-8845), and what do you know, it crashes there too consistently. After a few tries to make sure it happens 100% of the time, I reverted to the previous version I had installed, (5.0-3147), and it loaded it fine without crashing.

I might go ahead and try to pinpoint exactly which build of Dolphin got close enough to emulating a real Wii as to reproduce this crash. Mind you I'm still using the quite old 0.8.7.2 ReDux patch; I dunno if you've solved that crash on your end yet.

(Double-posting because it's not letting me edit either)

Also, that happened while I was recording. I'm not one for streaming nor video processing, so I just used Dolphin's Frame Dump. Here's my typical run of 1-P and 1-1 (moreorless; there's a general outlined strategy but it always deviates based on crits and misses). No real feedback here (it's audioless after all), just wondering if you've seen these approaches.

1 minute ago, Mr. Mister said:

(Double-posting because it's not letting me edit either)

Also, that happened while I was recording. I'm not one for streaming nor video processing, so I just used Dolphin's Frame Dump. Here's my typical run of 1-P and 1-1 (moreorless; there's a general outlined strategy but it always deviates based on crits and misses). No real feedback here (it's audioless after all), just wondering if you've seen these approaches.

I mean can't you at least upload this to Youtube just unedited for watching sake? Don't feel like downloading 400 MB just to watch the strat in the first place.

36 minutes ago, Rengor1997 said:

I mean can't you at least upload this to Youtube just unedited for watching sake? Don't feel like downloading 400 MB just to watch the strat in the first place.

You are right - done.

Spoiler

On 10/8/2018 at 12:39 AM, Dunal said:

To the original? If so I do have a minimalistic patch/hack (just modifications to the vanilla game's balance rather than an overhaul like ReDux) that is unreleased so far (don't mind releasing it though if there's demand for it).

It depends on the scope you're looking for but really, if you have any suggestions for that changelog below then I could make some further alterations. I don't mind making personal patches/hacks either so long as its not too extensive. Of course, feel free to make your own, but it might be easier to make slight modifications to one I've made already and then it's pretty much done.

FE10 MINIMALISTIC BALANCE PATCH 

Reveal hidden contents

Unit Changes
Micaiah - Higher growths, improved promotion gains, +1 authority star
Edward - Slightly higher bases/growths, improved T2 promotion gains
Leonardo - Higher level/bases/growths, improved T2 promotion gains
Nolan - Improved T2 promotion gains
Laura - Higher level/bases, changed stat caps, improved T2 promotion gains
Sothe - Slightly lower bases, higher growths, changed stat caps, improved promotion gains
Ilyana - Slightly higher bases/growths, improved T2 promotion gains
Aran - Slightly higher level/bases, improved T2 promotion gains
Meg - Higher level/bases, changed stat caps, improved T2 promotion gains
Volug - Slightly lower bases, lower base level
Tauroneo - Improved promotion gains
Zihark - No changes
Jill - No changes
Fiona - Higher bases, +1 movement, improved T2 promotion gains
Tormod - Higher growths, significantly higher promotion gains
Muarim - Lower level, higher growths
Vika - Lower level, higher growths
Nailah - Lower level/bases
Rafiel - Higher level (More galdrs unlocked)
Black Knight - No changes
Elincia - No changes
Marcia - Higher level/bases
Nealuchi - Lower level, slightly higher growths
Leanne - Higher level/bases (More galdrs unlocked)
Haar - Lower level/bases
Nephenee - Slightly higher level/bases
Brom - Slightly higher level/bases/growths
Heather - Higher bases, improved promotion gains
Lucia - Higher growths, improved promotion gains
Lethe - Slightly lower bases, significantly lower level
Mordecai - Slightly lower bases, lower level
Geoffrey - Lower level, higher growths, improved promotion gains
Kieran - Slightly higher bases, improved promotion gains
Makalov - Higher bases, improved promotion gains
Astrid - Higher bases/growths, improved promotion gains
Danved - Higher bases/growths
Calill - Higher level/bases
Ike - Lower level/bases, Ettard buffed, -1 authority star
Titania - Lower level/bases, Improved promotion gains
Soren - No changes
Mist - Higher bases, Florete now deals magic damage
Rolf - Slightly higher growths
Boyd - No changes
Oscar - Lower level/bases, improved promotion gains
Shinon - Slightly lower level/bases
Gatrie - Lower level/bases, improved promotion gains
Rhys - Slightly higher growths 
Mia - Slightly lower bases, improved promotion gains
Ranulf - Lower level, slightly higher growths
Kyza - Lower level, slightly higher bases
Lyre - Significantly lower level, slightly higher bases
Reyson - Higher level (More galdrs unlocked)
Janaff - Slightly lower bases, lower level
Ulki - Slightly lower bases, lower level
Sigrun - Slightly higher bases
Tanith - Slightly higher bases
Skrimir - Lower level
Tibarn - Lower level/bases
Naesala - Lower level/bases
Pelleas - Higher level/bases
Stefan - No changes
Oliver - Slightly higher bases
Bastian - No changes
Volke - No changes
Kurthnaga - Higher bases/growths
Ena - Higher bases/growths
Caineghis - Lower level/bases
Giffca - Lower level/bases
Renning - No changes
Gareth - Higher bases
Nasir - Higher bases
Lehran - No changes

Misc Changes
- Overall MT buff to thunder/dark magic 
- Higher tier magic tomes and daggers have increased MT
- Longbows (higher MT/HIT) and Crossbows (higher MT) are buffed
- Laguz weapons now grant more WEXP (usually double, sometimes more) and Laguz gain more EXP at higher levels (past level ~15)
- Laguz gauges buffed overall
- Non-royal Laguz have increased capacity to match royals
- Magic cards have more MT
- Earth affinity nerfed (same as in ReDux)
- T3 caps modified for some classes (for example, Makalov having a higher SPD cap to accommodate growths).
- Some skill capacity cost changes (examples being Canto is down to 5, Resolve is up to 25)
- Costs changed for some items (secret book is significantly cheaper for example)
- Enemy stats slightly modified based on class (SPD is more varied for example) or buffed in individual cases (Ludveck)

Just gonna jump in here with support for that idea, I'd love to see that balance patch Dunal. 

I love fe10 but it always feels super wonky to play through for me, I'd love run through it again with some of the imbalance sorted out and I would love to have a nice balance patch base to make small adjustments too as well. 

As an aside, I've kept tabs on this redux project for over a year now, I love what you're doing with it Dunal.

I felt Radiant Dawn buckled a bit under the weight of its own ambition but there was a wonderful game underneath. So many kudos to you for your hard work. 

Results from my Dolphin testing:

In order to find which Dolphin version introduced the real-Wii crash, I the typical range-halving method, and found that the first version to do so was 6568, whose changelog was simply "Set bMMU to true by default on x64". I then manually disabled MMU in that same version (right click the ReDux file and select Properties; I haven't found this setting on the global options menues), and sure enough, it didn't crash. Then I tried it with the latest release, 8783, and the same happened: the crash occurs if and only if MMU is enabled, which since 6568 is done by default (Dolphin's per-game settings have three values: checked/enabled, empty/disabled, square/default. The value of default for MMU is enabled, so emptying the square solves it and remembers it even after updating the game).

Not sure if this setting can be changed through backup loaders in a real Wii.

Responding to a few of your points/perspectives so far, but feel free to mention any more:

Sothe - First of all, he isn't really meant to be a Jeigan (unlike Titania or Ranulf). I'm also fine with having the 'main' characters having a higher power curve (so units such as Ike, Micaiah, Sanaki etc... any units forced in 4-E). That said, he still doesn't promote until after 4-P, so capping him out early means he'll remain the same until 4-3, at which point he'll be slightly behind other units (and even during part 3 as a whole, he's still very much a glass cannon against enemies with high MT/HIT). His promotion gains make up for this, but should he require a nerf, then lowering his T2 caps and/or his growths a bit in return for even more promotion gains would be the best change since it wouldn't affect his lategame. However his current caps are still meant to make him relevant for 3-13 or 4-P. Otherwise in return for higher growth or a better lategame, he's weaker in early part 1 (but considering the difficulty curve, that isn't much of a drawback). As a side note, I feel you overlooked the Stiletto. It has 50 HIT sure, but your Sothe had 30 SKL and enemies on worst bio have -30 avoid (which is really the only instance where Heather can use it -- Sothe doesn't require that for the most part). Even Micaiah had 80-90 hit rates with the 55 hit Fenrir. Stiletto is great for 1RKOing Elites on 1-E. Either way, biorhythm can often make low-hit weapons really good especially on certain units. 

Volug - Yeah he's going to be receiving some changes. He's a unit that's been slowly buffed ever since the initial Laguz rework (worse bases in return for a much better payoff with investment). That may have stemmed from similar reactions as yourself when first seeing him (since it's a natural reaction in FE to assume nerfed bases = inferior/bad). Also interesting how your response to Vika sort of fell into that same trap (although its fair enough if you feel she's wasted investment)... Her stats explode when given levels for the purpose of making her viable in part 4 (same with Tormod/Muarim, but in their case it's fine considering their circumstance; Volug has less of an excuse). Worth mentioning that Laguz essentially 'promote' at level 15 (gaining increased capacity but combat EXP is reduced a lot) therefore you could say that Laguz are in a 'trainee' period pre-15. It could be that Volug is in that state for a bit too long, but at the same time he is balanced when not considering resources like energy drops / blossom etc... (assuming you used some of those? Volug's STR on average doesn't hit 15 until level ~30). A combination of those as well as being stat blessed can turn him into a monster, but it also depends how consistently that happens. Either way, he's still getting changed a bit, but I'm not going to nerf him to the point where he needs blossom or stat boosters to be good on average.

Black Knight - Truth be told, I haven't updated him in a very long time (not since the hack was easier or closer to the original game, back when 'Elites' weren't a thing either) probably because for play-testing purposes not many people care to deploy him beyond 1-9. Regardless, Alondite not applying 'Aura' makes a big difference. Increasing his SPD/RES slightly is likely what I'll be doing on top of fixing that. Thing is, I'm fine with the BK being powerful and he is intended to be used on 1-E, just that he shouldn't be brain-dead easy to stomp the map with (you have Tormod for that). But there's certainly some room to buff him without that happening.

Ilyana - If that's the case then I would suggest to try using her more if you're doing another run. In Part 1 she's more-or-less a magical Aran or Nolan in stats alone (except with a 'Javelin' forge as opposed to a melee weapon -- which is really how you should view the thunder tome) outside of effective damage and the bonus crit... and the siege tomes. It's not like she suffers the movement penalty for being a mage (all the while gaining their benefits like desert movement and ledge climbing). If I did buff her, it would be to her tier 1 state (possibly raising the +5 crit to +10, as well as moving some of her promotion gains to her bases) which I feel might be a viable option since it wouldn't affect post-promotion (and even then, I don't really see how her performance is worse then other melee units before promotion, which is who she should be compared to rather than say, Micaiah or Tormod). Main difference is that she hits RES rather than DEF, which is only ever a benefit outside of peg knights and wind/dark casters). Outside of that, I was planning on lowering the cost of E rank tomes, which indirectly benefits her when it comes to forging.

Heron Sacrifice - This is a very valid point and it can sometimes catch me out as well. It'll be difficult to fix though based on the ordering of skills and the offsets associated with those (will certainly be looked into though). Just something that may need getting used to. There's a good reason why they have sacrifice though; so you'll always be able to cure statuses no matter what (should you not have restore staves or Oscar etc...) or an alternative option to do so. Speaking of which, I don't think 2-3 status staves on any given map is inherently a bad thing, since it does add to enemy variety. Also, the 'El' staves have been nerfed to the standard sleep/silence range while the standard ones are nerfed to only have 1-3 (and are significantly more common than the former). You also get units with 'Boon' later on that can cure at the start of player phase if you know who they are going to target. So if you prepare for them they can be a non-issue. I mean, it's subjective as to whether their inclusion is good, but at very least the majority of them you'll encounter will be the close ranged variants. It's not Thracia at least.

Also, ignoring Fiona for a second (who can technically function as a second healer, even with zero investment) it is actually possible to gain a second staff user in the DB during part 3... *coughMasterCrowncough*

5 hours ago, Useless said:

I love fe10 but it always feels super wonky to play through for me, I'd love run through it again with some of the imbalance sorted out and I would love to have a nice balance patch base to make small adjustments too as well.

Sure, I'll finish play-testing it this weekend and make a few further tweaks before releasing that if need be.

Edited by Dunal

@Dunal 

Sure, I'll finish play-testing it this weekend and make a few further tweaks before releasing that if need be.

If you do release the minimal balance patch,  thank you ahead of time! As much as I love what you did with the Redux, Without Nailah and Black Knight nerfed much as he is, 1-E is frustrating beyond the norm. Not sure why, but Ilyana and Tormod have saved me from reloading til I got to 1-E. What strategies have you used while testing to get past it? 

8 minutes ago, grinus said:

@Dunal 

If you do release the minimal balance patch,  thank you ahead of time! As much as I love what you did with the Redux, Without Nailah and Black Knight nerfed much as he is, 1-E is frustrating beyond the norm. Not sure why, but Ilyana and Tormod have saved me from reloading til I got to 1-E. What strategies have you used while testing to get past it? 

Here is footage of a run of 1-E that went pretty smooth. Other people have vods as well like Rengor1997 yesterday:

It's one of those maps that you need to prepare for and utilize everything you have. Shine Barriers are excellent on this map (to split enemies), and you'll want to also want to utilize things such as Barrier/Pure Water/Laguz Gem/ etc... There'a also a fair amount of long-term preparation that you want to do (in terms of units to train and resources) beforehand. However keep in mind that this is still Intermediate mode, and a blind run will be best played on 'Standard' when it releases. It's normal for it be really challenging on an initial playthrough as it stands.

So that was a thing I just did, noticed an interesting quirk of the long-bowman on the staircase of 1-E, he'll move if you've hit him at least once, otherwise he stays put, not sure if that's intentional. Also Vika triggered two 15ish% crits in a row, so that's fun. Also also I now have a newfound hatred for that jerk with the sleep-staff, he makes killing the thieves and then quickly retreating a huge pain, granted as I don't believe cheesing the map the way I am is at all intended I can respect it for being a somewhat effective anti-cheese maneuver, only somewhat though since I did pull it off in the end, it required a couple low% hits but it probably isn't that bad with proper planning and maybe a Leonardo to help out. (R.I.P. all of my bows). I definitely plan to stream more of this hack whenever the new patch hits but until then I think that's it from me :p

Edited by Renigade

I'm ok with where Sothe is rn honestly. Grows amazingly. Though I do wish Micaiah's speed were higher if she's a main character. Seriously she's a slowpoke for pretty much the whole of part 1.

As for Volug as you might be able to tell I love the guy in redux. It involved an energy drop and Blossom but even with the latter he still gets good EXP and as such he's effectively Nailah but higher avaliblity. Don't really think he needs balancing. Though speaking of which, since Nailah isn't avalible for Part 1 I hope her stats will be good when she joins in Part 4. I also kinda hope she joins with S strike and not A since A at that point would be really weak.

BK could get up to 15 speed in my opinion to avoid being doubled by the Poleax elite, but remaining doubled by Swordmaster and Sage elite. With the aura change and perhaps some res he'd be in at least a fine spot don't expect the memes about his nerfs disappearing tho

Ilyana would definitely benefit from a cost reduction to Thunder for forging. Even not comparing her to the magic users she's still sorta underperforming, since her mag/spd are low and she gets further AS loss from Elthunder and Arcthunder. Also consider that even if Ilyana is handy in part 3, with your comment about making part 3 more in line with lategame part 1 she can just be trained there for a bit and have access to the GM resource pool, which allows the Dawn Brigade to concentrate their resources for their part 3 maps. Same thing with Muarim/Vika but for them it's even more pointless if they still rejoin in 4-4. Speaking of Vika, can she get +1 spd or can enemy birds get -1 untransformed speed? That'd at least allow her to contribute in 1-8 and allow your other units to do better against them as well, since in the current state the only real way I found to deal with em is just crossbow weaponry.

Who's this second healer for part 3? Is micaiah's promotion no longer story based or does someone else get staves upon promotion?

As someone who's done two playthroughs of Redux I can say that Vika performed really well in both of them (ridiculously so in my first one) it's true she doesn't have much time to grow but she gains experience like crazy and has really good growth rates, and she only needs to proc speed once in 1-7 (which is pretty likely) to double the other Ravens in 1-8. As I haven't played 4-4 I have no idea as to the viability of Tormod's group when they come back but I'm positive at least my first playthrough's Vika should be able to hold her own. As for Tormod's group stealing EXP from the rest of the Dawn Brigade... guess I can't really argue with that but I'm really biased when it comes to Tormod(and to a lesser extent Muarim and Vika) as he's easily my favourite Tellious mage so I don't mind siphoning EXP away from the DB for his sake, they'll manage :p

1 minute ago, Renigade said:

As someone who's done two playthroughs of Redux I can say that Vika performed really well in both of them (ridiculously so in my first one) it's true she doesn't have much time to grow but she gains experience like crazy and has really good growth rates, and she only needs to proc speed once in 1-7 (which is pretty likely) to double the other Ravens in 1-8. As I haven't played 4-4 I have no idea as to the viability of Tormod's group when they come back but I'm positive at least my first playthrough's Vika should be able to hold her own. As for Tormod's group stealing EXP from the rest of the Dawn Brigade... guess I can't really argue with that but I'm really biased when it comes to Tormod(and to a lesser extent Muarim and Vika) as he's easily my favourite Tellious mage so I don't mind siphoning EXP away from the DB for his sake, they'll manage :p

Well with Tormod the thing is he brings tome utility to the table. Like in my endgame clear if I had one more deployment slot Tormod would get in. Also 1-8 Ravens run either 20 or 22 speed to Vika's base of 22 transformed, so she needs 2 spd levels to start doubling all of them. I just don't see her being all that great considering her strength and speed bases are both low (22 is ofc fast by usual standards but since it's not a speed which doubles the really fast enemies, she doesn't compensate for her poor attack enough.)