Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn ReDux (v0.8.72 CH 2-2)

Dunal

Edit: @Dunal

Did something regarding the patching process change? I just can't get neither part 1 patch a/b nor part 2 patch a/b to work.

Still using the patch application presented on the first page of this topic.

Please help me, I'm lost xd 

Edited by Maggonis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Maggonis said:

Edit: @Dunal

Did something regarding the patching process change? I just can't get neither part 1 patch a/b nor part 2 patch a/b to work.

Still using the patch application presented on the first page of this topic.

Please help me, I'm lost xd 

Have you patched a fresh ISO? If so, it should be fine. I'll PM you in case you need some further help with that.

20 hours ago, ronlyn said:

If my memory serves right, Dunal said that we could use all of the Dawn Brigade and have them promote by 1-E to make them decent at Part 3, so I was thinking about leaving everyone around lvl 14-15 and promote them (something I really dislike but I understand the fact that in Radiant Dawn you need to sacrifice potential growth in place of intermediate stats to be relevant so I can cope with that)

Also, thanks for the info about the patches

Units shouldn't have a problem capping either way, so early promoting should be fine. For instance, Leo caps STR at 19/9. There's certainly room to level some units close to 20 if you want to do that, it's just useful to have anyone able to contribute in part 3. Meg for example could just promote when she hits 14 SPD (level ~13) to avoid being doubled by tigers in 3-13, while 2RKOing them back with brave sword.

You can be pretty flexible in resource investment though. Otherwise, It's going to be beneficial to focus on a couple units since it's still largely the vanilla game.

21 hours ago, ronlyn said:

- The two parts were tested with the use of all characters? I really want to use them all

In part 2 you'll typically want to be using everyone just by nature of everyone having free deployment and some maps such as 2-3 having a low number of units (relative to enemies) as it is. Having certain units being the focus of EXP gain is a bit different though. If you want Makalov to gain 5-6 levels in 2-3, then you'll have the option to do that.

1 hour ago, Dunal said:

Have you patched a fresh ISO? If so, it should be fine. I'll PM you in case you need some further help with that.

I just need to patch Part 2 Patch and it'll include the Part 1 Update as well right? Also I'm not sure what "fresh" ISO means, I just copied the one I just started playing (normal radiant dawn) and patched it. I haven't played Radiant Dawn with the ISO I used for the first patch so maybe that's the reason why it won't work.

46 minutes ago, Maggonis said:

I just need to patch Part 2 Patch and it'll include the Part 1 Update as well right? Also I'm not sure what "fresh" ISO means, I just copied the one I just started playing (normal radiant dawn) and patched it. I haven't played Radiant Dawn with the ISO I used for the first patch so maybe that's the reason why it won't work.

I've sent you a PM but, there's only one patch needed, for an ISO of the original game. Part 2 of course includes part 1, it's just the latest version of it. Just keep in mind that you shouldn't re-patch an ISO you've already patched.

A and B patches are just for different ISOs that are out there (for US version of the game). So one of them should work. Just make sure to keep a backup of the original ISO.

11 hours ago, Maggonis said:

"Fresh" ISO is the completely unpatched ISO. Always have a backup of it, cause who knows what can go wrong during patching.

If you're trying to patch the same ISO you used for part 1, it will fail. Make a copy of unpatched ISO and patch the copy.

Done with Part 1, so here is a somewhat detailed review of all the units I used there:

Spoiler

wI3V6YA.png

Micaiah - lvl 20/1, No BEXP

Skills - Sacrifice,Renewal

Support - A Sothe

Comments: I like Micaiah: She can kill, can chip strong enough to let anyone get the kill and can survive a blow at any point of part one without any investment outside of exp, which she doesn't even need outside of two or three kills per chapter since sacrifice is a good way to keep her busy in the back while everyone else does the dirty work. My only grip with her is that she has no business against mages since her tomes suck against them (vanilla has tons of anima mages so that's most of the problem) and her res was fine but not good enough to tank them outside of dodging.

My rate: 3/5

i4Tjmgo.png

Edward - lvl 18/1, 2 BEXP lvls

Skills - Wrath

Support - A Nolan

Comments - He did his job: Double units, dodge axes, eliminate pesky targets and barely activate Wrath to put me in a bad spot (I know is part of his character design but I don't like Wrath on squishy units unless I can combo it with resolve and you don't get to use that until later). His only problem was his inability to reliably survive in the enemy phase since biorhythm can really screw his dodging and Rafiel comes way too late to solve this issue. Solid unit nonetheless

My rate: 4/5

9sOZnJp.png

Leonardo - Lvl 18/1, 3 BEXP lvls

Skills - Cancel

Support - A Meg

Comments - He didn't double anything at all in the whole Part 1 so that's my only issue against him but outside of that he was doing a fine job killing without getting retaliated (no thanks to Cancel mind you, I think that skill is useless on him) and his decent RES means he can get a fight or two against mages and get the upper hand. His real charm was the iron longbow utility since CH 1-5 and I do hope he becomes the best user of those since he sucks compare to Shinon or Rolf.

My rate: 3.5/5

7qdH9MB.png

Nolan - Lvl 20/1, No BEXP 

Skills - Nihil

Support - A Edward

Comments - Poor Nolan needed all the exp in the world: Like Leonardo he didnt double ever in his existence except for a few cases and unlike the later he didn't have any 3 range weapon to make it up so he ended up gaining exp via chipping and occasional kills and his biorhythm started all chapters on bad/worse (I know it's random but jikes his luck was the worst with it) render dodging with him useless. Outside of that, he can reliably hit stuff with his humongous SKL and his HP let him survive situations where Edward would die without dodging. I'm hoping that Nihil means something on Part 3 since otherwise he seems underwhelming.

My rate: 2.5/5

2fmJfWt.png

Laura - Lvl 19/1, 3 BEXP lvls

Skills - None

Support - A Aran

Comments: Laura benefits for the fact I'm a slow player and kill everything before ending a map unless I got a timer on my back. But outside of healing and the occasional A support utility, she was just there to heal and even then you get tons of healing items which can keep your characters on top condition without worring about the healer lagging behind waiting to get ganked by reinforcements of bad positioning. I guess her niche is tail behind Micaiah and heal her after sacrifice is used.

My rate: 2/5 

hM7Ou3W.png

Sothe - lvl 9, 1 BEXP lvl

Skills - Paragon

Support - A Micaiah

Comments: My most versatile unit in Part 1: He can chip strong enemies, dodge-tank if well placed, steal everything that isnt nailed on the enemy's inventory for some nice exp, give Micaiah a little boost on her already good offensive... the guy can fill any empty niche in the party an do the job even better than those with that fuction. Paragon was well placed in his capable hands in hopes that he can do the same on Part 3.

My rate: 4.5/5

rKBj9iK.png

Ilyana - Lvl 19/1, 2 BEXP lvls 

Skills - Shade

Support - None

Comments: Ilyana didn't impress me at all: No doubling anything aside of tigers on 1-4, hit between 60-80% against all people and getting killed in two hits makes for a really subpar unit overall. I guess later on she gets some fun against wyverns once she joins Ike but that's for Part 3. I suggest feed her with BEXP and hope to increase her MGC and SPD there just to avoid the hassle of actually using her in combat on Part 1. She needs either more SKL or better accuracy with her tomes since her niche against wyverns and dragons doesnt have anything to do on the Dawn Brigade.

Qz60bgF.png

Aran - Lvl 19/1, No BEXP 

Skills - None

Support - A Laura

Comments - Aran is the man with STR and SKL to reliably OHKO mages in a lot of cases early on, enough SPD to double enemies Nolan didnt double himself and a extremely good DEF, HP and fine RES to actually choke points even at worst biorhythm so I rely a lot on him and he didnt dissapoint and even thought in the end couldnt double things his killing didnt stop since he could actually see a enemy phase with a good chance to survive. Great unit for Part 3.

Urr3x2U.png

Meg - Lvl 18/1, 2 BEXP lvls 

Skills - Fortune

Support - A Leonardo

Comments - Meg is quite the strange armor knight: Crazy SPD and DEF to completely stop any incoming advance from the enemy and her RES didnt cripple her against mages most of the time. Of course her horrible SKL and below average STR compare to the other frontline units means she's just there to choke points and kill occasionally since her missing is quite possible. Leonardo's support did actually help against her biorhythm issues and overall babyng her was just a thing of 1-4 and since there she just faired decently. Part 3 will tell if she can be use long term at all.

mx8Bxi1.png

Volug - Lvl 15, 3 BEXP lvls 

Skills - Pass

Support - C Jill

Comments - I like the doggie since it can completely erase annoying units and draw attention from units I wanted to deal with later. His STR will be problematic since my prediction is that Part 3 will be a step up in terms of enemies and Volug will get left behind if he doesn't get his lvl ups together.

YfI7sHf.png

Jill - Lvl 19/1, No BEXP  

Skills - Fortune

Support - C Volug

Comments - My god Jill got nerfed HARD on this game: she eated a energy drop, a seraph robe and a skill book in order to get those stats and even then I feel her game was just limited to abuse her canto to deal against enemies and that's it. her growths seems fine but until they really kick off, she can't do a lot with enemies having decent SKL and DEF now.

vLWHGkl.png

Fiona - Lvl 18/1, 4 BEXP lvls 

Skills - Imbue, Savior

Support - None

Comments - I love Fiona: her start is kind of shaky but her strengths makes her quite the amazing frontliner without the need of healing her constantly thanks to Imbue and a actual MGC stat. Since she was only deployable on 1-7 she needed all the BEXP she could get but even then I think she became quite beautiful and will kick butts on Part 3. I'm really questioning about bringing her to endgame.

hW69LW9.png

Rafiel

Skills - Celerity

Comments - I really like the fact that he gets a lot of Galdr thanks to his lvl and that you actually want to use Bliss/Terror to ensure the biorhythm is on your side to deal against myrmidons or mages. I'm guessing the other two will have more mobility/canto in exchange to this but Celerity kind of make him stand out as the best heron.

Everyone else was used occasionally so I don't have a lot of opinions of them outside of Tormod being a killing machine on his own right. I hope Part 2 makes Callil great again since she's a favorite since PoR and Nephenee's support there.

I've managed to play the first three chapters of the hack and it's been fantastic so far, however today I've run into an issue where after patching it would play the opening cut scene and after that it would just give and invalid read/write popup. I tried the other patch file, but that one doesn't do anything.  I also tried updating dolphin, but now it only gives a black screen.  I even tried removing my save file, and that hasn't worked either.

19 minutes ago, Samuria86 said:

I've managed to play the first three chapters of the hack and it's been fantastic so far, however today I've run into an issue where after patching it would play the opening cut scene and after that it would just give and invalid read/write popup. I tried the other patch file, but that one doesn't do anything.  I also tried updating dolphin, but now it only gives a black screen.  I even tried removing my save file, and that hasn't worked either.

I believe Mr. Mister wrote something on ch. 1-2 crash earlier in the thread.

Results from my Dolphin testing:

In order to find which Dolphin version introduced the real-Wii crash, I the typical range-halving method, and found that the first version to do so was 6568, whose changelog was simply "Set bMMU to true by default on x64". I then manually disabled MMU in that same version (right click the ReDux file and select Properties; I haven't found this setting on the global options menues), and sure enough, it didn't crash. Then I tried it with the latest release, 8783, and the same happened: the crash occurs if and only if MMU is enabled, which since 6568 is done by default (Dolphin's per-game settings have three values: checked/enabled, empty/disabled, square/default. The value of default for MMU is enabled, so emptying the square solves it and remembers it even after updating the game).

Not sure if this setting can be changed through backup loaders in a real Wii.

Now I don't know if this can apply to your case, but it's worth a try, right?

@Samuria86I've sent you a PM.

13 hours ago, ronlyn said:

Done with Part 1, so here is a somewhat detailed review of all the units I used there:

Thanks for the feedback! Keep in mind that the unit changelog I provided indicates whether the changes are intended to be a buff or nerf from the original. Jill should be around the same as the original game since the only changes to her were her base level being increased to 16, but her promotion bonuses being buffed. If anything, it's a buff to her if you promote her early. Otherwise, enemy changes would have an indirect effect on her performance. Same goes for Nolan, who was slightly improved from the original.

On 31/10/2018 at 9:30 PM, Mr. Mister said:

Huh, I didn't know Boon doesn't work if the user itself is also asleep.

Yep. It makes Pure Water / Barrier occasionally quite useful to use on Oscar so he won't be targeted.

Edited by Dunal

20 hours ago, ronlyn said:

Hide contents

wI3V6YA.png

Micaiah - lvl 20/1, No BEXP

Skills - Sacrifice,Renewal

Support - A Sothe

Comments: I like Micaiah: She can kill, can chip strong enough to let anyone get the kill and can survive a blow at any point of part one without any investment outside of exp, which she doesn't even need outside of two or three kills per chapter since sacrifice is a good way to keep her busy in the back while everyone else does the dirty work. My only grip with her is that she has no business against mages since her tomes suck against them (vanilla has tons of anima mages so that's most of the problem) and her res was fine but not good enough to tank them outside of dodging.

i4Tjmgo.png

Edward - lvl 18/1, 2 BEXP lvls

Skills - Wrath

Support - A Nolan

Comments - He did his job: Double units, dodge axes, eliminate pesky targets and barely activate Wrath to put me in a bad spot (I know is part of his character design but I don't like Wrath on squishy units unless I can combo it with resolve and you don't get to use that until later). His only problem was his inability to reliably survive in the enemy phase since biorhythm can really screw his dodging and Rafiel comes way too late to solve this issue. Solid unit nonetheless

9sOZnJp.png

Leonardo - Lvl 18/1, 3 BEXP lvls

Skills - Cancel

Support - A Meg

Comments - He didn't double anything at all in the whole Part 1 so that's my only issue against him but outside of that he was doing a fine job killing without getting retaliated (no thanks to Cancel mind you, I think that skill is useless on him) and his decent RES means he can get a fight or two against mages and get the upper hand. His real charm was the iron longbow utility since CH 1-5 and I do hope he becomes the best user of those since he sucks compare to Shinon or Rolf.

7qdH9MB.png

Nolan - Lvl 20/1, No BEXP 

Skills - Nihil

Support - A Edward

Comments - Poor Nolan needed all the exp in the world: Like Leonardo he didnt double ever in his existence except for a few cases and unlike the later he didn't have any 3 range weapon to make it up so he ended up gaining exp via chipping and occasional kills and his biorhythm started all chapters on bad/worse (I know it's random but jikes his luck was the worst with it) render dodging with him useless. Outside of that, he can reliably hit stuff with his humongous SKL and his HP let him survive situations where Edward would die without dodging. I'm hoping that Nihil means something on Part 3 since otherwise he seems underwhelming.

2fmJfWt.png

Laura - Lvl 19/1, 3 BEXP lvls

Skills - None

Support - A Aran

Comments: Laura benefits for the fact I'm a slow player and kill everything before ending a map unless I got a timer on my back. But outside of healing and the occasional A support utility, she was just there to heal and even then you get tons of healing items which can keep your characters on top condition without worring about the healer lagging behind waiting to get ganked by reinforcements of bad positioning. I guess her niche is tail behind Micaiah and heal her after sacrifice is used.

hM7Ou3W.png

Sothe - lvl 9, 1 BEXP lvl

Skills - Paragon

Support - A Micaiah

Comments: My most versatile unit in Part 1: He can chip strong enemies, dodge-tank if well placed, steal everything that isnt nailed on the enemy's inventory for some nice exp, give Micaiah a little boost on her already good offensive... the guy can fill any empty niche in the party an do the job even better than those with that fuction. Paragon was well placed in his capable hands in hopes that he can do the same on Part 3.

rKBj9iK.png

Ilyana - Lvl 19/1, 2 BEXP lvls 

Skills - Shade

Support - None

Comments: Ilyana didn't impress me at all: No doubling anything aside of tigers on 1-4, hit between 60-80% against all people and getting killed in two hits makes for a really subpar unit overall. I guess later on she gets some fun against wyverns once she joins Ike but that's for Part 3. I suggest feed her with BEXP and hope to increase her MGC and SPD there just to avoid the hassle of actually using her in combat on Part 1. She needs either more SKL or better accuracy with her tomes since her niche against wyverns and dragons doesnt have anything to do on the Dawn Brigade.

Qz60bgF.png

Aran - Lvl 19/1, No BEXP 

Skills - None

Support - A Laura

Comments - Aran is the man with STR and SKL to reliably OHKO mages in a lot of cases early on, enough SPD to double enemies Nolan didnt double himself and a extremely good DEF, HP and fine RES to actually choke points even at worst biorhythm so I rely a lot on him and he didnt dissapoint and even thought in the end couldnt double things his killing didnt stop since he could actually see a enemy phase with a good chance to survive. Great unit for Part 3.

Urr3x2U.png

Meg - Lvl 18/1, 2 BEXP lvls 

Skills - Fortune

Support - A Leonardo

Comments - Meg is quite the strange armor knight: Crazy SPD and DEF to completely stop any incoming advance from the enemy and her RES didnt cripple her against mages most of the time. Of course her horrible SKL and below average STR compare to the other frontline units means she's just there to choke points and kill occasionally since her missing is quite possible. Leonardo's support did actually help against her biorhythm issues and overall babyng her was just a thing of 1-4 and since there she just faired decently. Part 3 will tell if she can be use long term at all.

mx8Bxi1.png

Volug - Lvl 15, 3 BEXP lvls 

Skills - Pass

Support - C Jill

Comments - I like the doggie since it can completely erase annoying units and draw attention from units I wanted to deal with later. His STR will be problematic since my prediction is that Part 3 will be a step up in terms of enemies and Volug will get left behind if he doesn't get his lvl ups together.

YfI7sHf.png

Jill - Lvl 19/1, No BEXP  

Skills - Fortune

Support - C Volug

Comments - My god Jill got nerfed HARD on this game: she eated a energy drop, a seraph robe and a skill book in order to get those stats and even then I feel her game was just limited to abuse her canto to deal against enemies and that's it. her growths seems fine but until they really kick off, she can't do a lot with enemies having decent SKL and DEF now.

vLWHGkl.png

Fiona - Lvl 18/1, 4 BEXP lvls 

Skills - Imbue, Savior

Support - None

Comments - I love Fiona: her start is kind of shaky but her strengths makes her quite the amazing frontliner without the need of healing her constantly thanks to Imbue and a actual MGC stat. Since she was only deployable on 1-7 she needed all the BEXP she could get but even then I think she became quite beautiful and will kick butts on Part 3. I'm really questioning about bringing her to endgame.

hW69LW9.png

Rafiel

Skills - Celerity

Comments - I really like the fact that he gets a lot of Galdr thanks to his lvl and that you actually want to use Bliss/Terror to ensure the biorhythm is on your side to deal against myrmidons or mages. I'm guessing the other two will have more mobility/canto in exchange to this but Celerity kind of make him stand out as the best heron.

Everyone else was used occasionally so I don't have a lot of opinions of them outside of Tormod being a killing machine on his own right. I hope Part 2 makes Callil great again since she's a favorite since PoR and Nephenee's support there.

Was this on easy mode? The exp gain here seems really, really high. In my experience there was definitely not enough exp in normal mode to get basically everybody to almost level 20.

4 hours ago, Silly said:

Was this on easy mode? The exp gain here seems really, really high. In my experience there was definitely not enough exp in normal mode to get basically everybody to almost level 20.

Normal mode: most of the time I ignored all bonus experience for quick finish and instead killed everything on the screen including reinforcements since you get more exp completing all other side missions (Saving most of Marado's knights) and destroying everything on screen.

I just used BEXP when someone was above 50 exp and in the end I saved 10001 BEXP for part 3. Playing smart really gets you a long way in most FE and since Radiant Dawn is divided into parts you have to make sure you get as much exp since you don't know when you'll see someone again. In fact, I'm kind of crossed right now: Part 2 offers 10000 BEXP for not killing ANYONE on map 2-3 (200 BEXP per enemy and there are 50) and that sounds way too tempting, but that leave Geoffrey's team without food. 

Edited by ronlyn

59 minutes ago, ronlyn said:

Normal mode: most of the time I ignored all bonus experience for quick finish and instead killed everything on the screen including reinforcements since you get more exp completing all other side missions (Saving most of Marado's knights) and destroying everything on screen.

I just used BEXP when someone was above 50 exp and in the end I saved 10001 BEXP for part 3. Playing smart really gets you a long way in most FE and since Radiant Dawn is divided into parts you have to make sure you get as much exp since you don't know when you'll see someone again. In fact, I'm kind of crossed right now: Part 2 offers 10000 BEXP for not killing ANYONE on map 2-3 (200 BEXP per enemy and there are 50) and that sounds way too tempting, but that leave Geoffrey's team without food. 

If this was original RD I'd recommend trying to get as little kills as possible since exp is wasted on all of Geoffrey's crew as they're all bad units with the exception of the main man Geoffrey himself. But now that they're not terrible this choice is harder. However consider that there's only 1 map where those guys will be forced to be used again in part 3, and now that every unit is pretty good, good units are not special. I think the "optimal" move is to sacrifice the entire team in 2-3 not because they're inferior characters, but because you can divert their resources to other units of a similar level, but you can't do that the other way around. But honestly, I think making the "optimal" move is probably more trouble than it's worth, and you just shouldn't fuss the details, kill what you feel you need to and don't be stressed about leaving stragglers. The gains from making the "optimal" move are probably inferior to the effort and stress in bothering to complete the map in that way.

39 minutes ago, dD_ShockTrooper said:

If this was original RD I'd recommend trying to get as little kills as possible since exp is wasted on all of Geoffrey's crew as they're all bad units with the exception of the main man Geoffrey himself. But now that they're not terrible this choice is harder. However consider that there's only 1 map where those guys will be forced to be used again in part 3, and now that every unit is pretty good, good units are not special. I think the "optimal" move is to sacrifice the entire team in 2-3 not because they're inferior characters, but because you can divert their resources to other units of a similar level, but you can't do that the other way around. But honestly, I think making the "optimal" move is probably more trouble than it's worth, and you just shouldn't fuss the details, kill what you feel you need to and don't be stressed about leaving stragglers. The gains from making the "optimal" move are probably inferior to the effort and stress in bothering to complete the map in that way.

I think I will kill everything in there: if I save that BEXP it means someone else will need it and most of the time Ike's team is pretty much decked out so I will ignore my hoarder tendencies 

The amount of combat EXP you can get in 2-3 is substantially higher. Each unit can receive ~3-4 levels (Astrid doubling that). Meanwhile the maximum amount of BEXP is probably equivalent of 6-7 maximum on a single unit.

It's better to kill enemies unless you absolutely don't want to use any of the knights long-term. You only need to want to use at least one of them (to favour kills to) for it to be worth it.

I was not aware that there was enough part 1 exp if you grinded reinforcements to level everybody up to 20 in part 1.

While grinding on reinforcements does get your units stronger, I would suggest that the game should probably be balanced around a middle ground between LTC and taking 15+ turns every map to kill all the reinforcements.

If being balanced around that point makes the game too easy when grinding, then I would recommend decreasing combat exp slightly and increasing the amount of bonus exp obtained for clearing levels in a reasonable time frame (I'm not the greatest player ever, but I had pretty much no issues completing part 1 within bonus exp requirements). That way killing reinforcements does give you some experience, but not immensely more experience than just finishing the level. And you wouldn't feel like you were missing out on anything by clearing levels instead of waiting around.

Also for reference, 2-3 has enough combat exp on normal mode to power level a single unit to tier 3 if they take the majority of the kills. I did this with Marcia to see if it was possible. It took forever and wasn't super fun (my clear was like 40 turns or so), but was doable. This is in comparison to vanilla 2-3, which has enough experience to give someone like Marcia ~7 levels (roughly equivalent to the bonus exp you would be getting on that level). This means that you can grind on that level in vanilla, but it isn't super necessary. 

Like my comments about part 1, (assuming that the amount of combat exp on 2-3 is appropriate) I would support 2-3 getting a bump in bonus exp as well, to match the combat exp, so that the reward for actually clearing the map as the story implies is appropriate. I don't think that the developers, for example, thought that the average player would sit there for forty turns feeding every 2-3 enemy to Astrid or Marcia or whoever, and I don't think that the map should be balanced around that either.

1 hour ago, Silly said:

I don't think that the developers, for example, thought that the average player would sit there for forty turns feeding every 2-3 enemy to Astrid or Marcia or whoever, and I don't think that the map should be balanced around that either.

Well, if you're playing it as intended (using all 6 units evenly to clear the map efficiently) then each unit will gain 4+ levels. If you want to grind a single unit, then you have the option to do so, but its no different than any other map.

Thing is, the Crimean knights need more incentive to be used in order to keep up in levels long-term. By 2-3 and 3-9 giving a lot more EXP, then it'll now be feasible to do so. The alternative, should you max out BEXP, is funnelling the EXP into someone like Haar or Nephenee who already have huge availability. Therefore the only purpose of increasing the BEXP reward is buffing those units, since they're the best candidates for it. 

So you have two options: giving units with low availability a lot of CEXP to be stronger in part 4 (without falling behind) or giving BEXP to units who don't have the availability problem, in which you'd gain a lot of value out of doing so considering what % of the game they can be used. Therefore, the ~7 levels of BEXP is enough, if you consider what you're getting out of that. I mean, Neph, Brom, Lethe, Heather etc... are already gaining a lot more combat EXP in the maps they are available in part 2. Buffing the 2-3 BEXP is indirectly a buff to them in particular.

Otherwise, units like Calill or Nealuchi should be balanced around not being given any BEXP investment (or much at all), since the player has less incentive to give them some in the first place. So yeah, any BEXP under this context is just making the Griel Mercenaries stronger. And I think the Crimean knights need the extra power more.

Part 2 Done.  I read some of the posts here and I can agreed with the fact units are getting tons of exp, but on the other side since this is my first time I just lvl up everyone  since I need a good grasp of what everyone can do and doing a 2nd playthrough to find out if Danved can replace Nephenee is quite tiring, so I can appreciate this. Look at this pic for reference:

DeiMUot.png

I cleaned every single enemy on all maps until I defeat Ludveck and the game didnt become any easier. In fact, I had to battle save several times since the enemy can easily overwhelm you in Part 2 and even the mighty pillar of Mordecai will get banish if enough mages are on the scene.

Leaving that aside, here is the review of each unit:

Spoiler

Ux1PqEU.png

Elincia - Started Lvl 1, Ended Lvl 4, No BEXP

Skills - Stun, Renewal

Support - None

Comments - Elincia made me laugh by how frigging awesome she is compared to PoR and yeah she counts as tier 3 but holy mama the queen can fly around, heal (only unit with staff access on Part II), chip people and once Amiti is in her hands she can also delete anyone on screen (and I got the nerfed Amiti, so I can only imagine how destructive she was with the original). Top tier unit for sure even if arrows/wind magic are her weakness

zRclGPi.png

Marcia - Started Lvl 6, Ended Lvl 13, No BEXP

Skills - None

Support - None

Comments - Marcia hasnt change one bit since the last game in terms of how easily she can destroy a target with next to no assitance. Although I never let her get around as much as I would like since you cannot put her Nullify and she WILL get destroyed by bows and her tanking capabilities are her dodging hits and that's never reliable, Marcia is your girl when you need to dispatch something ASAP and double back to safety.

x3LEosa.png

Leanne

Skills - None

Comments - Same as Rafiel except for two very important details: She can keep up easily with anyone since getting 9 move via shift is awesome and her canto let you put on places Rafiel would think twice. Those two are well balanced.

aNZJkTb.png

Nealuchi - Started Lvl 10, Ended Lvl 15, No BEXP

Skills - Wrath

Support - None

Comments - This old raven can completely demolish units once CH 2-2 hits since he gets S-rank strike fast and he can actually growth into a complete monster (in fact he is half way into SS-rank strike). I usually don't like nerfs but this man deserve a special mention since unlike Lethe and Mordecai he can hit and run and that's pretty powerful. I suggest putting him at lvl 15 so his lvl scaling is more in line with the cast since he's a jeigan after all.

1fYNSre.png

Haar - Started Lvl 8, Ended Lvl 13, No BEXP

Skills - Cancel

Support - None

Comments - My god, Haar also got buffed to hell and back since PoR and I love that: he can wall anything outside of thunder magic users and his SPD is low enough to not double even armor knights, so he cannot erase a complete squadron anymore on CH 2-final and feed units like Callil. Cancel is perfect for him 

7pwKACg.png

Brom - Started Lvl 2, Ended Lvl 8, No BEXP

Skills - Disarm

Support - B Nephenee

Comments - The opposite of his little pumpkin: low SPD and RES to deal against magic but extraordinaire STR,DEF and HP to serve as physical wall in the little time you get to use him on this Part.  It was fun try to proc Disarm and stole things (I even got a venim lance that way), but his main purpose can be fill by so many units on Part 2 that I feel he's just there.

BcCsBNo.png

Nephenee - Started Lvl 1, Ended Lvl 8, No BEXP

Skills - Wrath

Support - B Brom

Comments - She can double and that's all she needs to bring the pain. Nephenee suffered for low STR but that's a given and her new weapon selection can really mitigate all of it, but her real problem now is her not being able to survive anything at all without biorhythm since she is as squishy as Edward.

sQgmXyD.png

Heather - Started Lvl 5, Ended Lvl 10, No BEXP

Skills - Pass

Support - None

Comments - She's there for utility and I can appreciate that: Sothe tends to do more chipping than his actual job and Heather is filling the role quite nice, especially with that pass which means rather than clear the way Heather can completely ignore enemies and aim for their valuables. The cards are awesome but I fell their lack of enemy phase and doubling property really limit what you can do with them.

Lucia just chipped and gave up her stuff so I don't got anything to say except she got some nice stats there

O64ZnW2.png

Mordecai - Started Lvl 9, Ended Lvl 15, No BEXP

Skills - Smite

Support - C Lethe

Comments - The laguz on this game are extremely useful: since they get tons of exp until lvl 15, they can now actually growth and show what they bring to the table like Mordecai, who tanks even better than Brom and dish out tons of damage like Haar. His gauge problem can be solve with two olive grass and Leanne's intervention, so I said his contribution was spectacular here.

zKuOWWa.png

Lethe - Started Lvl 11, Ended Lvl 15, No BEXP

Skills - None

Support - C Mordecai

Comments - She's basically Nephenee except without WTA/WTD and has to sacrifice her first turn to fill her gauge with a olive grass. Didnt feel compeled to use her outside of give her levels since PArt 2 now gives tons of exp apparently.

yxOgsGM.png

Geoffrey - Started Lvl 12, Ended Lvl 17, No BEXP

Skills - Paragon

Support - None

Comments - Geoffrey was trucking along ramming DEF and RES in almost every lvl, making using him quite easy. His brave lance could pop every nuisance on 2-final and since paragon can let him grab a lot of lvls without actual kills everyone else catched up really fast.

HC9ruTT.png

Kieran - Started Lvl 10, Ended Lvl 13, No BEXP

Skills - Gamble

Support - None

Comments - Kieran's low SPD means he can chip a lot of guys and with that STR he can leave then in the zone to be KO by someone of the like of Astrid. Canto is really useful and Gamble is as useless as before, so no much has change with him since PoR. Please keep him away from mages.

URSXr3a.png

Astrid - Started Lvl 2, Ended Lvl 13, No BEXP

Skills - Paragon

Support - None

Comments - Astrid has been improved vastly since PoR: She can chip, kill and deal with some enemies and she won't get dusted if anyone look bad a her like in the last game. For some reason she decided ramming up that MAG stat and I can only do but laugh at that.

GfF5bxZ.png

Makalov - Started Lvl 7, Ended Lvl 13, No BEXP

Skills - None

Support - None

Comments - He's a mounted myrmidon and I guess that his whole niche but man does he need a forged weapon once Part 4 comes in since that SKL sucks (not as Meg but really close).

uxpyQGH.png

Danved - Started Lvl 9, Ended Lvl 13, No BEXP

Skills -None

Support - None

Comments - Nephenee, you're getting benched if Danved keeps going on like this: Lots of HP,STR,SPD and LUCK. His DEF and RES sucks but since his dodging is actually good while in worst biorhythm I can toss him on the fray and expect him to survive.

JYogZ8H.png

Callil - Started Lvl 8, Ended Lvl 12, No BEXP

Skills - Nihil

Support - None 

Comments - MY BABY IS BACK!!! And she can still kick butts with elegance. Her SKL became quite crappy since last game but getting access to high ground let her bring the pain while ignoring that fact. Ilyana will get shaft from her post as thunder mage in favor of a actually good unit (her starting with A fire and B thunder/wind doesnt help either)

Edited by ronlyn

May I ask what Stefan will be like, if anything's decided? With him joining so late and being one of the most common classes in the game it's hard to imagine a niche for him other than being a backup Trueblade, but I've been surprised by this hack's creativity before. Very curious.

Also IIRC, Lucia is meant to be a "defensive" type of swordmaster, with a compelling compensation of Slayer for using a unit with low availability, right?