Owain or Inigo?

To marry MU? She has +Mag/-HP. Chrom!Inigo or Henry!Owain, Libra!Owain, or Ricken!Owain.

I want really busted God-tier Morgan, so I'm marrying a child Unit. I plan on making Morgan magic oriented. I'm leaning more towards Inigo since I married Owain in my second playthrough. Can Inigo be a good magic user?

Also, what skills do you recommend for Morgan and Inigo/Owain? Galeforce and Aether (Inigo) being obvious.

First of all, Inigo can't provide Aether as he receives Rightful King from Chrom no matter what. Only Chrom's daughters get Aether, so you can only get Aether on a female Morgan.

Between the two, Owain is probably better stat wise IMO because he already receives a magic buff from Lissa and her options you provided are magic oriented. Inigo has two physical units as his parents and I might not remember correctly, but I don't believe either Olivia or Chrom can provide a lot of magic in growth rates for Morgan. Inigo can probably only be a good magic user if Ricken or Henry is his Father. However, if you want an actual "God-tier" magic Morgan, it's probably better to marry a Ricken!Laurent for the largest magic cap possible and good growths on Morgan.

For skills, Tomefaire and Limit Breaker (if you have the DLC that is) are probably good skills to give. Any other skills you want to have on Morgan depends on how exactly you want to use him.

Probably not the best advice in the world. I really never got into unit optimization that much, but this is just based on my experiences/preferences and seeing what other's have said in the past.

Edited by SageOfAnys

I'd say Henry!Owain because of the magic buffs for Morgan, seeing as how actual skills are unimportant because Morgan. As for the skills, Morgan can run anything (duh) but Vantage / Vengeance / Armsthrift / Galeforce / Carrier or Wrath is a pretty good set. For Chrom!Inigo, I'd say RK / Luna / Galeforce / Armsthrift / Swordfaire is strong. And lastly, for Henry!Owain, Galeforce / Vantage / Vengeance / Swordfaire / Move+1.

I had no idea that male children could not obtain Aether. The moar you learn. Thanks for that!

Also, I really appreciate you all taking the time to respond. I might just end up following a Henry!Owain for a stronger magic user, and use Chrom!Inigo in another play through.

Thank you all!

If you want a Magic optimized Owain!Morgan, go with Ricken!Owain. If you want a better Skill stat, go with Henry!Owain. Owain in-general would be the better choice given how you're suited with the Magic stat. I'd then recommend pairing up Tharja with whoever you didn't choose for Lissa and have Morgan marry Noire. Also; don't forget to pass down Galeforce to Owain! He may not use it, yet it's still important for him to pass down to your Morgan. Now, if you want an Aether!Morgan build, here's what you do. Make a Skill asset Magic flaw MaMU, have Chrom marry Sumia, then marry Lucina or Cynthia and watch as your Morgan bursts out of the womb throwing swords. You would then make Morgan the Hero class and make your MaMU the Hero class to make use of his boosted Skill stat. Watch as your Morgan S-rank supported/paired up by a Lon'qu!Yarne curbstomp maps.

Build for Ricken/Henry!Owain!Morgan;

Class: Sorcerer

Weapon: Aversa's Night (Forged.)

Skills;

- Limit Breaker (Overall stat boost.)

- Galeforce (For those extra turns.)

- Armsthrift (To abuse the forged Aversa's Night.)

- Astra (That extra kick for when you least expect it.)

- Luna (Reliable damage buffer.)

Build for Henry!Owain

Class: Dread Fighter (Assuming you have it.)

Weapon: Celica's Wind x5 (Forged.)

Skills;

- Vengeance (For some good ol' Vengeance build goodness.)

- Vantage (So that you always kill on-coming enemies with Vengeance plus Wrath.)

- Miracle (To get your HP at an appropriate level of one.)

- Wrath (Critical bombs sure are neato.)

Build for Ricken!Owain

Class: Sage or Dread Fighter (Assuming you have it.)

Weapon: Celica's Wind x5 (Forged.)

Skills;

- Aggressor/Tomefaire (Plus ten to your damage when initiating attack or Tomefaire if you don't have the Dread Fighter class DLC bought.)

- Galeforce (Extra turns here and there.)

- Astra (Extra kick in the groin damage boost.)

- Luna (Reliable damage buffer.)

Build for Sumia!Lucina/Cynthia!Morgan;

Class: Hero

Weapon(s): Brave Sword, Killing Edge, and Ragnell. (All are forged, save for the Ragnell.)

Skills;

- Armsthrift (Saves your weapons from the possibility of breaking.)

- Pavise (Defense buffer.)

- Aegis (Resistance buffer.)

- Aether (Your kapow, shabang. Fairly reliable curbstomping power.)

Hope this helped.

Edited by Eldin Tokuro