Hypothetical Thracian Hard Mode

Jedi

-Less access to Warp, Rescue, and Rewarp; I'm thinking make Repair useless on them.

-Add a "minus range" component to the staff hit formula, an actual range cap, or both.

-Give enemies better yet more concrete stats. There are times where I feel like the FE5 level formula actually works like player leveling.

-Enemies get "forged" versions of weapons with higher Mt/Hit and better weapons in general; this works in both parties' favors.

-Scale up late-joining reinforcements to put the player under a time limit.

These could work yeah.

Saias is on every map as an enemy.

Boom.

Less joking, though, give a few extra Authority stars to every enemy boss.

Haha, Saias 776.

Authority stars could work.

Not exactly a hard mode, but I wish I could make a hack with a few minor edits to FE5. Here are some ideas:

- Individually rebalance enemies. Overall, greatly increase stats of enemies but reduce variance.

- Eliminate movement growth, make all thieves' bld growth = zero

- Severely reduce most characters' growth rates. And rebalance characters so the few who aren't normally useful can be growth units.

- Rework scrolls. Remove the bonus to growth rates and potentially change some to give minor stat bonuses like FE12 star shards. But make sure several of them still nullify crits.

- Limit staff range based on magic, but also let unit standing on certain tiles keep unlimited range (thrones/gates, where cyas appears in 17a, various places convenient for the enemy like the silence staff users in 17b).

- Keep the 1% accuracy minimum, but allow max accuracy to reach 100%

- Regarding weapon durability: perhaps reduce durability of certain unique items like the king sword, hero sword, hero lance, light sword, earth sword, etc. And either reduce thunder tome durability or price so they sell for less.

- I'd like to remove movement stars, but I don't want to radically alter characters. Not sure on whether or not to eliminate movement stars completely but there are some instances of enemy movement stars which force overly cautious or unsafe play and I'd get rid of those.

- Some minor changes to stats and weapon ranks, such as increasing Miranda's fire rank.

- Modify fatigue system; it seems to work for staff users but is negligable otherwise. Increase the stamina cost of each battle and/or have stat pentalties for fighting with somewhat high stamina?

- Make PCC and support information visible on the status screen (possibly growth rates and promotion gains as well)

- Modify AI of various enemies to choose not to capture (e.g. enemy galzus)

- Let chapter 7 boss appear even if his spawn point is blocked

- Give lategame enemies better weapons rather than hammers all the time

- Let the player heal NPCs with physic (notably Fred and Olwen)

- Ironman mode

- A good translation

Not exactly a hard mode, but I wish I could make a hack with a few minor edits to FE5. Here are some ideas:

- Individually rebalance enemies. Overall, greatly increase stats of enemies but reduce variance.

- Eliminate movement growth, make all thieves' bld growth = zero

- Severely reduce most characters' growth rates. And rebalance characters so the few who aren't normally useful can be growth units.

- Rework scrolls. Remove the bonus to growth rates and potentially change some to give minor stat bonuses like FE12 star shards. But make sure several of them still nullify crits.

- Limit staff range based on magic, but also let unit standing on certain tiles keep unlimited range (thrones/gates, where cyas appears in 17a, various places convenient for the enemy like the silence staff users in 17b).

- Keep the 1% accuracy minimum, but allow max accuracy to reach 100%

- Regarding weapon durability: perhaps reduce durability of certain unique items like the king sword, hero sword, hero lance, light sword, earth sword, etc. And either reduce thunder tome durability or price so they sell for less.

- I'd like to remove movement stars, but I don't want to radically alter characters. Not sure on whether or not to eliminate movement stars completely but there are some instances of enemy movement stars which force overly cautious or unsafe play and I'd get rid of those.

- Some minor changes to stats and weapon ranks, such as increasing Miranda's fire rank.

- Modify fatigue system; it seems to work for staff users but is negligable otherwise. Increase the stamina cost of each battle and/or have stat pentalties for fighting with somewhat high stamina?

- Make PCC and support information visible on the status screen (possibly growth rates and promotion gains as well)

- Modify AI of various enemies to choose not to capture (e.g. enemy galzus)

- Let chapter 7 boss appear even if his spawn point is blocked

- Give lategame enemies better weapons rather than hammers all the time

- Let the player heal NPCs with physic (notably Fred and Olwen)

- Ironman mode

- A good translation

I'm not sure how to do some of this, but a translation would have to be with someone who knows Japanese ^^;

Also why no Bld for thieves? Like do you have to turn Lifis to not being as good instantly?

I'd also say to tweak the caps.

Super Thracia had somehow character balance due to the high caps.

Well if I knew how they did that...

I'm not sure how to do some of this, but a translation would have to be with someone who knows Japanese ^^;

Also why no Bld for thieves? Like do you have to turn Lifis to not being as good instantly?

Well if I knew how they did that...

They just set all the caps to 40, while the scrolls were really late and didn't have that much of an impact on growths. ^^

They just set all the caps to 40, while the scrolls were really late and didn't have that much of an impact on growths. ^^

I meant the actual editing the game to allow it lol, sorry.

A better fix for "thieves = broken" would be to disallow stealing equipped weapons. In addition, level requirements based on weapon ranks would be far better than the Build requirement since you can lift more than swords.

A better fix for "thieves = broken" would be to disallow stealing equipped weapons. In addition, level requirements based on weapon ranks would be far better than the Build requirement since you can lift more than swords.

What would your formula exactly look like? I'm curious on delving more into it.