Which GBA Archer/Sniper is your favorite?

Which GBA Archer/Sniper is your favorite?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Which GBA Archer/Sniper is your favorite?

• Wolt
    • Dorothy
    • Klein
    • Igrene
    • Wil
    • Rebecca
    • Louise
    • Neimi
    • Innes

To be fair, if someone wants to pick a favorite based on stats, that's up to them.

True, but it has seemed like people are confusing "which character is your favorite" with "which is the best unit." So I still wanna make it clear that the two aren't necessarily one and the same, and this is about the former.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gotta say, Neimi. As a kid I always thought that she was cute and I still think she's cute now.

Second favorite is Innes. Because he's a badass and I found his support with Joshua really funny since he takes things so seriously.

This was a hard choice. Not because I like them all, but because they all suck. But then I remembered Louise is a thing, and she comes with Pent, which puts her above the rest.

This makes me laugh.

But mine probably goes as follows in terms of character:

Rebecca>Wolt>Innes>Klein>Neimi>Igrene>Wil>Dorothy>Louise

Imo for stats:

Innes>Neimi>Rebecca>Wil>Louise>Klein>Igrene>Dorothy>Wolt

Edited by 1japanfan

This makes me laugh.

But mine probably goes as follows in terms of character:

Rebecca>Wolt>Innes>Klein>Neimi>Igrene>Wil>Dorothy>Louise

Imo for stats:

Innes>Neimi>Rebecca>Wil>Louise>Dorothy>Klein>Igrene>Wolt

Why is Dorothy above Klein and Igrene for stats? Dorothy is worst than, if not just as bad as, Wolt.

Why is Dorothy above Klein and Igrene for stats? Dorothy is worst than, if not just as bad as, Wolt.

I would also question Rebecca and Wil being statistically "better" than Louise as well. Because there's no way either is getting promoted before Louise joins.

I would also question Rebecca and Wil being statistically "better" than Louise as well. Because there's no way either is getting promoted before Louise joins.

Really? They join about 12 chapters earlier than Louise. If they arent promoted by then for you, then I don't know what to tell you. Imo, she is just worse Rebecca that comes later with bad stats for her level and mediocre growths. All she has going for her over the other Bow users is her built in A support.

Also, sorry. I completley agree Dorothy should be below Igrene and Klein, sorry about that.

Edited by 1japanfan

Really? They join about 12 chapters earlier than Louise. If they arent promoted by then for you, then I don't know what to tell you.

The thing is, though, they're archers. And their bases stink. That's often never a good combination for a good unit, and often has the unit end up being more trouble than they're worth.

Imo, she is just worse Rebecca that comes later with bad stats for her level and mediocre growths. All she has going for her over the other Bow users is her built in A support.

She also has the benefit of not forcing the player through a weak period, and not forcing the player to use a promotion item, in order to become viable. (Geitz is literally the only other bow user that doesn't force the player to use a unit worse than he is, or to use a promotion item, is to get an identical unit. And his recruitment's not even guaranteed.) And her stats are pretty identical to a trained Rebecca's, with only a fee minor statistical differences here and there.

The thing is, though, they're archers. And their bases stink. That's often never a good combination for a good unit, and often has the unit end up being more trouble than they're worth.

She also has the benefit of not forcing the player through a weak period, and not forcing the player to use a promotion item, in order to become viable. (Geitz is literally the only other bow user that doesn't force the player to use a unit worse than he is, or to use a promotion item, is to get an identical unit. And his recruitment's not even guaranteed.) And her stats are pretty identical to a trained Rebecca's, with only a fee minor statistical differences here and there.

Yeah, well Lousie's bases aren't to great either. And Rebecca's "weak" period is mostly during the easiest part of the game. She grows fast and will probably be around Lv 5 Sniper with an S rank and proper supports by the time you recruit Lousie, who will be only slightly inferior. But, since Rebecca has the better growths, the gap between there stats will widen VERY fast. The promotional item isn't to much of a problem anyway, since Orion's Bolt aren't too scarce in FE7 and the only competition for Rebecca to receive it is Wil, which I'm sure we both agree is much worse that Rebecca.

Yeah, well Lousie's bases aren't to great either. And Rebecca's "weak" period is mostly during the easiest part of the game. She grows fast and will probably be around Lv 5 Sniper with an S rank and proper supports by the time you recruit Lousie, who will be only slightly inferior. But, since Rebecca has the better growths, the gap between there stats will widen VERY fast. The promotional item isn't to much of a problem anyway, since Orion's Bolt aren't too scarce in FE7 and the only competition for Rebecca to receive it is Wil, which I'm sure we both agree is much worse that Rebecca.

...And Rath if you trained him in Lyn mode/are willing to put up with his start in Eliwood/Hector mode.

Otherwise, Rebecca is able to pull far ahead of Louise by the same level.

Yeah, well Lousie's bases aren't to great either.

Don't be too sure of that. She can use almost every bow in the game without any investment. And 25 Atk and 17 AS with a Silver Bow can easily ORKO most enemy magic users and most unpromoted enemies that aren't magic users, for starters. And who would say "no" to a unit who has an automatic A Support with the outright best Mage in the game if not all of the GBA FEs?

And Rebecca's "weak" period is mostly during the easiest part of the game.

Last I checked, Rebecca wasn't a late-joining Mage that was raised by the Black Fang. I say this because it's late

game that's the easiest part of any FE game. Not earlygame.

She grows fast and will probably be around Lv 5 Sniper with an S rank and proper supports by the time you recruit Lousie, who will be only slightly inferior.

Except unless if you're boss abusing, arena abusing, or just plainly giving Rebecca lots of favoritism (and thereby gimping yourself in the process), the only way she's becoming a Lvl 5 Sniper by the time Louise joins is if she promotes at Lvl 10. And even then, it's quite a stretch to say that she'll be a Lvl 5 Sniper by then. And it's an even greater stretch to assume Rebecca's supports will be in play, since Rebecca's support list is pretty bad.

But, since Rebecca has the better growths, the gap between there stats will widen VERY fast.

Simply having higher growths isn't enough for Rebecca to overcome what makes her bad in the first place. And what makes Rebecca bad is the fact that, very early on, she's unable to damage the enemy with anything outside of chip damage. And there's also her bowlock, meaning that during Enemy Phase, she's either not doing anything or dying. (Granted, there's also the possibility that she's facing an enemy Archer or tome user on Enemy Phase. But those aren't very common, and there's better options for facing them than Rebecca, so...) Higher growth rates also doesn't mean a higher EXP gain. She's gaining EXP at the same speed as every other unit you have. But due to her lack of an Enemy Phase, she's gaining far less EXP than your other units, including Marcus, the best unit in FE7. All of this substantializes the amount of effort required to make Rebecca "stronger" than Louise by the time the latter joins. And she's not even leading in any area over Louise by much. Making that very vast amount of effort not "worth it" in the slightest in the long run

The promotional item isn't to much of a problem anyway, since Orion's Bolt aren't too scarce in FE7 and the only competition for Rebecca to receive it is Wil, which I'm sure we both agree is much worse that Rebecca.

You forget Rath exists, and is a much better investment than Rebecca is if you want to use an Orion's Bolt. Otherwise, the Orion's Bolt is better off sold or helping your funds rank. Edited by Just call me AL

Guys. FAVORITE Archer/Sniper. Not necessarily the objectively best. I chose Wil, and no one in their right mind would call him the best Archer/Sniper FE7 has to offer.

I tried Rebecca once. All of her stats were stellar, except for one: speed. She didn't get into double digits until after promoting at level 20. I couldn't get her to double anything in the endgame. Now, as I understand it, Rebecca is actually one of the FE7's faster characters, so I guess that was just RNG being really weird to me. But her failure was what compelled me to use Rath instead, which is something I've continued to do ever since.

• 4 weeks later...

Innes. I always liked his jerkassery for some reason (and you know he's a good guy deep down :Innes:). He's also very useful on Eirika's route, and doesn't need 10 or so slowly gained (because no enemy phase gains) level-ups to become even remotely reliable (which is an issue far too common with FE archers). 

I've had great fun (and luck) raising a Defense-blessed Wil once, though.

Oh man, they're all so... thoroughly mediocre.

I guess Rebecca, just because I have memories just spamming that first boss in Eliwood's campaign until she gained like, 3-4 levels.