Which FE game should receive a sequel?

Which FE game should receive a sequel?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which game should receive a sequel?

• Akaneia Saga
    • Gaiden
    • Geneaology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Tellius Saga
    • Awakening
    • Fates

Which Fire Emblem game would you like to see receive a sequel? Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem are listed together as the Akaneia Saga, and Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are listed as the Tellius Saga. Personally, I would like to see a Tellius sequel staring Priam. I feel that the descendant of Ike should have more backstory than leading a band of mercenaries that are eventually slaughtered by Chrom's forces. If you vote, please share your ideas!

Edited by TheAssassinMercenary

I'd like to see a sequel to FE2, if only because it's the one I know the least about. I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel or prequel to Awakening following Priam either.

Binding Blade. I'd love to see the cast of 6 and the (surviving) cast of 7 banded together. Lyn and Roy, fighting together, awesome.

I agree. I know Blazing Sword is meant as a prequel and was made later, but you're still left wondering what becomes of Lyn due to her absence in Binding Blade.

I said Gaiden.While I would probably prefer a remake first since the original is extremely outdated, a sequel would be good too.I would have also said Sacred Stones but really the way the story ended kind of resolved everything, but a prequel would be nice where we would get to see the 5 Heroes of Magvel.

Old woman Lyn would have to do the impossible and somehow become frailer than regular Lyn

seconding both the gaiden sequel and remake>sequel, but having a third Jugdral game would be sweet, especially if it broke the pattern of focusing a ton of time on the Thracian peninsula.

Edited by Phantom037

Old woman Lyn would have to do the impossible and somehow become frailer than regular Lyn

seconding both the gaiden sequel and remake>sequel, but having a third Jugdral game would be sweet, especially if it broke the pattern of focusing a ton of time on the Thracian peninsula.

Do you think it would star Seliph or Leif as the main lord? Or would they be co-lords similar to Ike and Micaiah?

BTW, the reason I didn't group Geneaology of the Holy War and Thracia 776 is because the latter is not a direct sequel. Same with Binding Blade and Blazing Sword.

Do you think it would star Seliph or Leif as the main lord? Or would they be co-lords similar to Ike and Micaiah?

BTW, the reason I didn't group Geneaology of the Holy War and Thracia 776 is because the latter is not a direct sequel. Same with Binding Blade and Blazing Sword.

It'd be cool if they focused on the less touched on countries like Isaac or Verdane, maybe having a rebellion within the country by its second generation royals and then meeting up with Seliph and this is the plot of fe5...

EDIT actually you could maybe jump between countries like Verdane and Augustria and having those guys meet for endgame or something

Edited by Phantom037

It'd be cool if they focused on the less touched on countries like Isaac or Verdane, maybe having a rebellion within the country by its second generation royals and then meeting up with Seliph and this is the plot of fe5...

I could see that working, and I know this is just and idea, but I think the plot would have to dig a bit deeper than a simple rebellion. For example, what if the warring sides are comprised of playable characters form the previous 2 games? The playable cast in this game would have to deal with the pain of fighting their former friends, and it would make for some good in-battle dialogue.

None of them. I want to see new stuff, and I want to see that new stuff prolonged in lifespan extensively via DLC.

When I think DLC, I think stuff like Awakening's Future Past. That was done well, it's story expansion. Not just cheap ways to toss some easy infinite gold at the player with some dialogue you'll skip literally every time that isn't the first time you play it.

I personally think DLC development should be an ongoing thing as long as the game's sales are still high. It gives older players a reason to keep playing or re-pick-up the game, and it gives newcomers PLENTY of content to look forward to. It extends the game's lifespan and extends the game's world, extends the player's interest and their motivation.

...At least, that's what it's supposed to do. Unfortunately most games just cop out after a while, or never dedicate themselves with it in the first place. And that upsets me.

If I had to pick one, I'd say Sacred Stones. Although I wouldn't say a prequel, as others have mentioned, because, I mean, fuck, Magvel has been through enough shit already in just one game. At the end of the game even though things have been wrapped up, the world is in a pretty goddamn shoddy state. A prequel would be pretty cool though, if not just because of how much space there is to work with in that area; FE8 has very little history detailed compared to most other games in the series.

And besides that, it's still the only game in the series to exist totally isolated. You could consider Fates, but I mean, that game has 3 different stories, it doesn't need more, lol, fuck that.

But I don't really want IS to remake or sequel/prequel any of the older games in the series because of their new direction. The last thing we need is IS "Defiling" our favorite game with all its fanservice that everyone will inevitably complain about. This "New" FE should never touch the older ones, ever. I don't want another Awakening.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: FE as of Fates is no longer "Fire Emblem" and needs to turn itself into a branch series, a-la Persona.

Edited by Ritisa

Tellius saga sequel set 2000 years in the future or whatever.

Lyn would be 39 at the beginning of FE6, which isn't all that old (certainly nowhere near how old Niime is)

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I'd also like a remake and sequel to 2, that's the one I know the least about (seems to be the same with most people) and it'd be cool to see more of it.

I agree. I know Blazing Sword is meant as a prequel and was made later, but you're still left wondering what becomes of Lyn due to her absence in Binding Blade.

I like to think that the majority of the cast survives through 6. I mean there are characters that are for sure dead, like Athos and Canas, and Hector dies during 6. I always kind of assume that Oswin (and possibly Serra) die with Hector, and I always kind of assume that Vaida is killed during 6 in the war and Guy is killed by Karel however many years prior. Other than that, I generally assume that most of the rest of the cast survives and is doing...whatever.

I doubt she'd be that much older, I figure if they did make a sequel and combined the cast of the two games, the most amount of time that would have gone by since 6 is maybe 5 years. So if Lyn is 18 (or 19, can't remember which) in Eliwood/Hector mode in 7, then the oldest she'd be is around 43/44 in the theoretical sequel. That really isn't too old, at least I don't think so.

Blasphamy! Serra is ETERNAL.

*ahem* Really though, Elibe gets enough attention as it is, give the place a goddamn break, people.

I said she *possibly* dies with Hector. I'd assume that, after the events of 7, she and Oswin probably become two of his closest servants, and would probably be present with him at the battle he dies at. I'd normally think the same of Matthew, but since he's a spy it's a better assumption that he's out doing spy-stuff.

Elibe doesn't really get that much attention, not when compared to other FE worlds :3

^Well, the only one that gets more attention is Archenea honestly. Heck, the Jugdral games even feature ties to Archenea, and others that could easily be completely unrelated have random connections to Archenea.

Honestly, the only reason I'd want another Elibe game is that FE7 and 6 are number 1 and 3 on my top five favorite FE games repectively, so I just want another game I can have that much fun with.

Elibe, Archenea, and Tellius are definitely the top 3 popularity-wise.

I feel like they just get the most attention from fans and from Nintendo itself. Just look at Smash Bros. Lyn is an assist trophy, and Roy is a fighter from Elibe. Ike is a fighter from Tellius. Marth is from the old Archanea, while Robin and Lucina are from the Awakening era Archenea.

Edited by TheAssassinMercenary

I know it definitely won't be a popular choice, and my reasoning is pretty out there, but I kind of want another Jugdral game. Doesn't have to be a direct sequel, Genealogy wrapped it up pretty well, but I just found the lore of Jugdral really interesting, and would love to see them do more with it. Maybe a prequel centered around the initial war against the Lopt Sect and the Miracle of Darna, tons of things could be done. A remake though would be great. Everyone could agree on that. Also gotta have more of that incesty goodness.