FE4 (O-sawa Mitsuki) Manga Translation Continued (Chapter 70 up)

Jugdral Defender

My god the feels ;_;

I admit I always found Langobalt to be a bit sympaphetic in the game (hell I don't even know why...), but this .... I don't want to see him dead. Like really. He always looks so sad. Let him be please. Lex? ... Lex? :sob:

Really appreciate the work you all put into these translations! You're the best ^^

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ack, I'm so sorry about that. I think part of my confusion was that I just got back to the manga after a long hiatus, and I had files from the previous translator and your team in the same Chapter 6 folder, so between that and the one time mix-up with chapter 43 everything looked more mixed up than it really was. Now that I see what's what, it's clear that your file scheme is perfectly consistent. I'm sorry I didn't delve deeper into the issue before opening my mouth.

I totally get how hard scanlation projects are, and I've been really impressed the quality of the current translation. As an aside, if your team ever needs an additional proofreader to take off some of the load, hit me up - I know nothing about Japanese, but on the English side I'm really solid for a non-professional and have a stupid amount of time on my hands.

Now I'm left wondering if I'm going to end up feeling a tiny bit of empathy for Langobalt. I already had more feels for Andre than seemed possible (seriously, the guy got one of the actually decent fathers in the story and shot him anyway!), so let's see how it goes.

Well, again, it wasn't entirely your fault that we felt the need to finally speak up. It was just a small comment in a line of comments, so it's not like you offended us or anything. It happened in the old Oosawa thread too, so that's why we probably sounded a bit edgy.

Regarding your volume six issue, that may be solved if we get to finishing the full volume. I'm hoping to find someone who will do the old volumes of the manga with us, but the first ones I plan to do are chapters 36/37 just to complete that particular volume first; that way we as this team have all of that volume completed ourselves. FaiaaOuji and I have agreed it also feels a bit incomplete on our part, so if we do end up getting to the previous volumes, six will be the first one we finish, then we'll go back and do 1-5.

Andre wasn't a great character at all in the game, so I'm glad he got more to him in this manga, beyond just "lol I killed my father and it was cool".

My god the feels ;_;

I admit I always found Langobalt to be a bit sympaphetic in the game (hell I don't even know why...), but this .... I don't want to see him dead. Like really. He always looks so sad. Let him be please. Lex? ... Lex? :sob:

Really appreciate the work you all put into these translations! You're the best ^^

What you might be thinking is something along the lines of the fact that he says in chapter five, "Lord Ring, may you rest in peace", and clearly showed disdain for Andre's lack of honor and for killing his father without remorse. He wasn't heartless, so he's got more to him than a solid "wow this guy's just an asshole" (thinking of you, Shagaal).

In terms of the manga, his reason behind taking part in the rebellion seems to be along the lines of "we're all holy warriors, so why is any one of us better than the others? Why is anyone above us when we're all from the lineages that ended that war?". Him and Lex both have their own ideas on that topic, which isn't addressed at all in the game.

Thanks for the comment regarding us, though!

We're going to try to get chapter 45 as soon as possible so we can take a bit of a break then work on 46 next month, since 45 is only twenty pages (meaning not a month wait for 45). Three of us are preparing for a convention, so we're trying to get 45 out quick and 46 out before we go, because even if it's only a weekend, it's going to be quite a trip for two of us and we're all going to be exhausted and wanting to take it easy for the last week of the month of March (As of March 24, we're not going to be releasing anything for the remainder of the month more than likely, so if we don't get to 46 by then, it won't be out until probably April; but that's why we're trying to get it out sooner). I don't think it will be changing our (at least) monthly releases any, but those two are at least something to look forward to. That means we should be concluding this volume in April, unless we really get motivated and just bust the rest of the thing out before our convention next month, but that's the general idea for right now.

Edited by Jugdral Defender

really glad to see the new chapter right now as it helps ease the pain of waiting for fates in europe. i also just love how this manga gives so much depth to all of the characters where the game only does that somewhat perhaps a remake could change that?.

also hope you guys have fun at your con you deserve it for these awesome translations.

Chapter 45 is up.

Pretty short chapter this time and the conclusion of Lex's fight.

And in that moment, the Levin/Tiltyu fans squeaked.

Also I have may have once pulled a "wtf is Shanan doing in that flasback" moment when it was actually Mariccle because I was just looking at another volume and confused the hell out of myself.

Edit: Okay I have tiny minor edits to do to like two spots but it's not going to affect anything major so I'll leave the chapter up and just edit those when I get around to it for reasons.

Gotta love how Oosawa worked a gameplay element into a story like that. There's only so much you can do that in the narrative before it just gets ridiculous (imagine if Ira said "I have a Brave Sword, so I can hit you twice!" - it'd just seem stupid) but it was integrated very nicely.

Just made and account so I could thanks the Translation team for all the effort and for bringing this wonderful manga to life!

All the sweet moments between the characters just make everything more painful because we know that chapter 5 is a thing T7T, ow my heart!

But at the same time I'm curious to see more of the 2 gen children, hard choices in life.

Just made and account so I could thanks the Translation team for all the effort and for bringing this wonderful manga to life!

All the sweet moments between the characters just make everything more painful because we know that chapter 5 is a thing T7T, ow my heart!

But at the same time I'm curious to see more of the 2 gen children, hard choices in life.

Hi! Happy to see you around here!

Oosawa made chapter five's material especially painful, so have fun (with the rest of it in this case)~! :Arvis:

I do actually have that same feeling of "I want to get to the kids' stuff but then no more gen 1" and I'm totally torn. ...Especially because of what we have to get through to get to the kids.

Edit: So we decided to swap. Instead of doing the chapter for early March, we're doing it hopefully for the end of the month. If it's not out by the beginning of April, we'll just shove out two next month. We were more busy with con prep than we thought, but we're back now, so we can resume the manga.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! Happy to see you around here!

Oosawa made chapter five's material especially painful, so have fun (with the rest of it in this case)~! :Arvis:

I do actually have that same feeling of "I want to get to the kids' stuff but then no more gen 1" and I'm totally torn. ...Especially because of what we have to get through to get to the kids.

Edit: So we decided to swap. Instead of doing the chapter for early March, we're doing it hopefully for the end of the month. If it's not out by the beginning of April, we'll just shove out two next month. We were more busy with con prep than we thought, but we're back now, so we can resume the manga.

And so the hype train continues.

And so the hype train continues.

Typesetting's already started so we should be done with 46 soon.

This chapter literally made me laugh, cry and feel dread all in one chapter. Hopefully we get these two out in quick succession so nobody has to suffer the ending of 46 too badly...

Thanks a lot, Oosawa.

Also your username is fantastic.

God bless you guys for doing this. You have made my dreams come true :lol:

The quality is so magnificent! Especially your work on the double spread pages!

You can thank Child of Dain and Damosel for the great double spreads! I always like peeking at their finished work before I get to typesetting tbh.

We're glad other people are happy with this like we were to start it up again!

Typesetting's already started so we should be done with 46 soon.

This chapter literally made me laugh, cry and feel dread all in one chapter. Hopefully we get these two out in quick succession so nobody has to suffer the ending of 46 too badly...

Thanks a lot, Oosawa.

Also your username is fantastic.

You can thank Child of Dain and Damosel for the great double spreads! I always like peeking at their finished work before I get to typesetting tbh.

We're glad other people are happy with this like we were to start it up again!

Oh dear. Is this the chapter in which I'll get the ultimate kick in the feels?

Edited by Levin's Scarf

just don't get burned out unlike a certain somebody.

I think it's safe to say some of us were/are burnt out from the convention rather than the manga for a while. :P

if anything, we'll be feeling the burn out from being hyped to get these chapters done! Who doesn't love-hate the Chapter 5 stuff? Let's be real here. All of us are gonna have one hell of a field trip with it. :Arvis:

Oh dear. Is this the chapter in which I'll get the ultimate kick in the feels?

If you mean Yied, nope! That's the chapter after this one, and actually the final chapter of the volume, so we're almost done with seven.

Yied won't be the only kick in the feels. I'd say, probably... the rest of gen 1 at this point. Unfortunately lots of pain.

I think it's safe to say some of us were/are burnt out from the convention rather than the manga for a while. :P

if anything, we'll be feeling the burn out from being hyped to get these chapters done! Who doesn't love-hate the Chapter 5 stuff? Let's be real here. All of us are gonna have one hell of a field trip with it. :Arvis:

you're probably completely right

i go with most of the manga pairings for gen 1 except for Briggid

I went:

Dew X Ayra (Thought Sun Sword would be useful. In hindsight, Paragon would've been better.)

Fury X Levin

Aideen X Midir

Azel X Tiltyu

Lachesis X Beowolf (Wanted to pair her up with Finn, but he left before that happened)

Briggid X Holyn

Sylvia X Alec

Hi guys, please make sure you keep the discussion relative to the manga; not the game alone. That belongs in a topic relative to the game, and it defeats the point of being a manga thread if the topic turns into game discussion.

Assuming Dain finishes cleaning tonight, I'll be typesetting the rest of the chapter probably tonight, so it will be up pretty soon. Needless updates, but may as well while I'm posting.

Edit: Chapter 46 is up. I really just wanted to get the thing out, so if I need to do any edits I'll fix them as needed. There was a callback (again) that I might need to edit (again), and any other small thing that might come up, but as always if I'm uploading the chapter, it means it's nothing storyline hindering!

I do want to try to find a better font for the third page with Dew's "Uwaa" because the original text was all squiggly and silly, but for now this will do.

Claud: "I don't think... I could embrace feelings like this toward my sister." Apparently the only person in this game/manga who feels this way :XD:

I loved all the relationships finally kind of getting wrapped up. I thought Oosawa's handling of the Midayle x Briggid x Dew triangle was so funny, and very indicative of what I felt playing the game, since Dew seems like the natural choice to by Patty's father and Midayle/Jamke like the natural choice to be Faval's father. She just did a great job of adapting this game to manga :)

I'm so interested to see who Oosawa keeps alive from gen one... it seems to me, because not enough of the children are born yet, that all the mothers need to stay alive except for Ayra. I guess we'll see!

Thanks again for taking on this project! Really enjoying it :)

PAIN PAIN AND MORE PAIN.

The sweet moments in this chapter makes everything more painful because we know what's going to happen, I knew it would happen but I still got deeply attached to these characters, seeing my favorite pairings sink like Titanic is hurting my heart, ouch!

Sigurd's entire speech to tiny Celice how dare you! That hurt!

Also, as always, thanks for your wonderful job great translators, this great manga gives me life!