FE4 (O-sawa Mitsuki) Manga Translation Continued (Chapter 70 up)

Jugdral Defender

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/21/2021 at 1:51 AM, Daniel said:

I'll keep waiting...

No matter what.

I'm happy to hear that and I appreciate it!

We're still getting things cleaned and we have a chunk of things worked on, so I'll try to get to those on the typesetting end and get them on the main page. We have the translation worked on at least through all of volume fourteen and a lot of cleaning behind that.

It's been long enough that we've worked on this that I'm hoping it'll be done soon, and I'm hoping no other future projects end up like this if we keep those going at this point (which I want to but I'm also concerned about all the delays again). For now at the very least we thankfully have things I can get to.

Also spoke to CoD about the project again so hopefully that works out too! She's had a full time job so we'll see where that all goes.

• 3 months later...

So I'm going to drop this here to explain a chunk of what's held me back from working more on this because at this point you all deserve to know. It's... kind of heavy though, and I've been avoiding bringing it up simply because I just want this anxiety to be over.

Aside from the various instances of being unable to due to one team member or another being unable to work, which are the main instances I've brought up here, it was also extreme anxiety.

Spoiler

The people here haven't been a problem for me, and you've all been supportive and helpful throughout this. Unfortunately I was also active across various social media and Discord while I was updating, and there was a point where stress and anxiety on top of mental illness became very bad for me. At some point rumors and hateful comments started going around about me, including when I was not even present in the fandom, as well as my mental illness being used as fuel against me (this was at least five years ago, mind you, and continued through me not even being in the fandom).

Obviously this was exhausting for me, so I left the fandom for some years. Upon coming back, I found out it had only gotten worse since then, and I simply didn't feel safe in the Jugdral fandom because whatever was said that people were judging me for, to those people it didn't matter that at least five years or so had passed (give or take on the five because it could be longer by now). Some of it came from people hating me because of ships I liked and some of it seems to have come from people not liking me during a time my mental illness was at its absolute worst (again, this was at least five years ago). However, ultimately, a lot of trash went around and got to people I don't even know, and frankly I don't know what of those things is completely faked, warped, or some kind of fault of mine from ~five years ago that I no longer remember.

All of this has caused me massive anxiety when even attempting to work on this project, which I have attempted to do multiple times in the past few years. As recently as 2022, I know these rumors and ill feelings were still going around and that people just would not get over whatever it was/is. When I say it was at least five years ago, I refer to it that way because I haven't been in the Jugdral fandom for at least five years, meaning anything people are saying is in relation to a faked, warped, or old situation from at least that long ago, and as recently as 2022 I still had to deal with it in another corner of the FE fandom.

Basically, stress and anxiety within the Jugdral fandom turned me away from having the passion to keep the project going properly, smoothly and on time. Evidently people have forgotten, or just do not care, that I'm a normal human being and that emotion and anxiety comes with that, and that treating people in certain ways can have lasting effects.

As mentioned before, there's still background work going on, but I haven't released anything due to simply being terrified of even engaging with the Jugdral fandom. I do still want to work on the Jugdral projects, so it's not that my love for the series faded. It's been apprehension.

That's not to say everything is canceled, but I don't think I'll ever be putting myself out there anymore with any Jugdral work on other platforms. Posting the projects here on SF I'm okay with and will do when anything is ready, but I made the mistake of being a normal person and engaging with the wider world of the internet some five years ago and it's really messed me up. I was younger then and more passionate about getting this work around where I could, but at this point I would be okay with it just here via links (and as mentioned before, I may have to move it off Mega one day for reasons that were mentioned in the original post, so I'll update the links at that time).

I'm sorry to everyone who has waited on the work this team has done (and big shoutout to our translator because they're still working on this in between a lot of other FE projects), and I appreciate the kind comments throughout the years since we began this project. It may take a while yet for my anxiety to let me get back to regular work on this project, but I still want to and I hope when that times comes if it comes which I hope it does, that at least some of you will be there still to appreciate the work of each member and to just love the manga as a whole for what it is.

If things go well for the FE5 manga, I want to continue that one too, and that one has been in the same situation as this one.

Cheers (/s) to being human, I guess.

Thank you all for your support and I hope to have this manga completed one day. I know there are other teams out there, but this team's work is, well, this team's work, and we still have the desire to finish what we, well, continued. I hope some of you reread this manga one day only to find all the chapters completed here. I still love this continent and its characters as well as your support.