FE4 (O-sawa Mitsuki) Manga Translation Continued (Chapter 70 up)

Jugdral Defender

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus I'll probably get back to work soon since the swelling is way down and each chapter only takes me a couple hours. :) This one is just particularly bad because Oosawa LOVES two-page spreads which is a personal headache for me because it's tons of extra work.

We do want to get the rest of Gen1 done by around the end of next month... hopefully :x

Chapter 52 is up.

LONG LIVE LORD ALVIS.
Damn fucking right, soldiers. And you ain't even wrong.

I'll be uploading the edits I've made to the previous volume later on btw. Also, we have a new translator to help out with the older parts of the manga since TE won't be joining us for that, so those will be happening in between. We'll be starting with volume six to finish it and then start back at one. Other books like the Anthology, etc. books I'll be making a new thread for and just listing all of them there as we work on them/however we go about it. FE5's manga will also get its own thread.

Almost to the end of gen 1... and it's almost our first year anniversary (the 21st!). D:

Time remaining with gen 1 thinning drastically.

Claude like DIADORA? HI, I NEVER MET YOU FACE TO FACE BUT I PROBABLY SAW YOU IN SOME PROPHECY.

Alvis: She's my wife.

Sigurd: She is?!

Me: gfdi alvis

Looks back at credits anyway.

Hello, Beautiful.

Meanwhile SIgurd and Levin's relationship in this manga is remotely destroying my soul and will continue to.

Edited by Jugdral Defender

I have waited a decade for this. However, I'll save my mini-rant for chapter 55

damn it the ninjas who slice onions appeared again

They haven't even unleashed their jutsus yet

Looks back at credits anyway.

Hello, Beautiful.

Damn fangirl Edited by TheEnd

I have waited a decade for this. However, I'll save my mini-rant for chapter 55

They haven't even unleashed their jutsus yet

Damn fangirl

I have so much I could say about gen 1 myself and you know who I mostly mean so do I really have to say his name again or do we all get the idea

but I should wait until the gen is done and I might just review the whole thing at the end of the manga.

They haven't even unleashed their real power!!! And Manfloy!!! Hasn't!!! Either!!! ...Asshole. (There's this one line of his I'm still seething over from incoming chapters)

Dammit Fin you called him my husbando first you only fed me you can't take it back now.

I'm just going to focus on getting my new tablet to work with photoshop's pressure sensitivity now so we can finish Gen1 quickly but in the meantime....

I still have the best husband. Sorry, JD. (not sorry)

The financially minded among us would do well to invest in Kleenex: I have a hunch their stock's gonna go up when the next chapter is out. Credit to Oosawa for staging it so that the Sigurd/Dierdre meeting is even more heartbreaking, not to mention giving Azel a light at the end of the tunnel...and then revealing it to be across a large body of water. Ouch.

but Azel jumped off the cliff

He jumped off the cliff; he didn't hang off the cliff. He's not much of a cliffhanger. ;)

The financially minded among us would do well to invest in Kleenex: I have a hunch their stock's gonna go up when the next chapter is out. Credit to Oosawa for staging it so that the Sigurd/Dierdre meeting is even more heartbreaking, not to mention giving Azel a light at the end of the tunnel...and then revealing it to be across a large body of water. Ouch.

Their stock will go up nicely within the next three chapters.

That body of water was the fandom's tears.

I still have the best husband. Sorry, JD. (not sorry)

Look at this chick being delusional. She's so cute!

I am a cheaper mofo, I bought a packet of toilet paper to wipe my tears.

Thank you guys as always for all the effort and love you put oin this work!

Oh dear, Diadora's struggle and Sigurd's face just gives me physical pain.

Azel last ray of hope was cruel, even knowing that Arthur and Tinny is a thing it still pulled some strings in my heart.

Next chapter is already the chapter we need to watch(or read in this case) everything we love being burned to ashes?

Edited by Kah-Hoa-Raverkeisnt

• 2 weeks later...

Does the manga show Levin and Manfloy fighting? That prologue scene in the game was epic. I don't think I've seen Levin use Holsety in this manga yet actually. I'm disappointed. I thought Levin was going to go off and solo his uncle's army in the manga, like during my first playthrough. Sigurd took a backseat as Levin soloed the Langbart, Thracian, and Reptor forces. Unfortunately, Levin was paired with Sylvia. After I killed a certain general, I never saw Holsety again.....

The manga does actually show them fighting, and it goes back and forth between him and Sigurd during their last moments.

Levin used Holsety in the manga against Daccar, but he didn't use it in fighting. He used it while playing a song for him, using it as a peaceful means to resolve the civil war. It's not a gameplay thing, but Oosawa was going with the notion that Holsety is peaceful and "his way is never to be confused with violence". Considering that very same dragon broke the laws of his kind to save the humans that the other dragons had given up on, I actually really liked the way Oosawa portrayed the tome as being able to solve things emotionally and not needing to destroy things. ...Then, well, Sety happened, so forget that! Destruction is fine!!! (See: Thracia having a war meeting over a fifteen year old)

If you wanted to see Levin use the tome to wreck things, there IS a scene in the next chapter that TE and I are pretty sure is a combination of Falaflame and Holsety going off at the same time. Unfortunately Levin against Manfloy is pretty one-sided and Manfloy pretty much wrecks him. As far as Holsety having a one-sided destruction and looking awesome goes, you'll have to wait for Sety for that (which is unfortunately ages away as far as volumes are concerned).

Yeah, I love Corpul, but having Levin as a father is a huge waste since he can't even use it until promotion, and by then game is basically over. Thankfully unlike most players Oosawa didn't bench Corpul at all and Claude being the father gave him some good panel time! Sety will continue to bear storyline importance from the moment he's introduced to the end, though with a volume in between because of the Lenster/Thracia stuff (i.e. Altenna) that takes up basically a whole volume and portions of the previous volume. You'll continue to see Holsety in gen 2, and a lot more of it, since Sety just kind of flings fancy magic around like it's as casual as a Wind tome... The good news is that Celice is completely aware Sety is godly with that tome, so expect fun, fancy magic more often in gen 2 to make up for its lack of appearances in gen 1. -u-

How the fuck has it been a year already since I made the first post on this forum??? Happy first anniversary to Fala Scans, and super special thanks to the idiot who has followed me this whole way and even longer than that (she knows who she is; I ruined her life with FE4 and met her in person for proper effect). Super special thanks to Damosel for sticking with Fala Scans since the beginning and still being here! Super special thanks to TheEnd for saving our asses when we were out a translator (and declaring Alvis my husbando!) and for all the work he's done for us. Super special thanks to Fuujin for hopping on along the way to help us with our other projects (and howling over FE4 (and now more!) with me like... every day)! Super special thanks to Oosawa for being the reason this team got put together and why I got to meet most of my team members (and a lot of awesome fans of the manga)!

Chapter 53 is up and my feelings are out.

Contemplating changing name to Alvis Defender... Would be more proper... Would betray all of Jugdral for you, good sir...

Volume nine cover indicating gen 1 will soon be placed on the back burner...
...What pun?

I guess I'll join the anniversary celebrations and do my mini-rant early.

There have been talks of translating the Oosawa manga for over a decade, but for many years they didn't really go anywhere. Even when a few brave fans decided to work on it, they'd eventually disappear without a trace after a few volumes... but here we are: Seisen's climax, the infamous Battle of Barhara.

I'd like to thank Jade and her team for giving me the opportunity of taking part in this glorious project.

Contemplating changing name to Alvis Defender... Would be more proper... Would betray all of Jugdral for you, good sir...

What if I told you you might never see your husbando translated again if you betray all of Jugdral

Oh yeah, about this chapter

Sigurd was here, Alvis is a loser

Edited by TheEnd

What if I told you you might never see your husbando translated again if you betray all of Jugdral

Oh yeah, about this chapter

Sigurd was here, Alvis is a loser

Oh but I would, TE, my good sir. Fuujin will be the translator for the earlier parts of this manga and our FE5 project and possibly more. Can you still threaten the same with that knowledge?! And I will probably have to pull a chapter 54 Alvis on you if you try to ditch us.

COME HERE, TE. YOU'RE MINE.

In actuality, yes, we are very happy to have you helping us out and hope we can work with you until this project is complete. I've really loved working on this manga and I'm glad you stepped up so we didn't have to halt anything (also I love reading your commentary when you give me the translations. I tend to message ChildofDain laughing about them).

Also I will fight that second comment because

Alvis may have fallen flat on his ass like a loser but soon Sigurd won't even have an ass to fall on and everyone knows it's coming.

Anyone who follows my Tumblr may or may not remember my meltdown in Alvis' defense while typesetting this chapter tbh. Like okay yes I love Siggycakes but I had a rage fit while typesetting that LAWFUL TRIAL scene. Oh come on Sigurd, the king adores Alvis. Do you want to... break... the poor... old man's heart???

I also really want to punch Manfloy in the face, but that's a story I could tell everyday. For a lot of reasons. I also happened to have had fun with the title of the font I was using for Manfloy's flashback scene in chapter 54 ("Jade, stop catching up").

OK that's just a low blow to Sigurd that he seriously doesn't need right now and just wait until the end of the manga
when

Seliph kills Arvis after he only throws a single fireball at him

also I'm pretty sure everyone wants to punch Manfroy in the face for one reason or another.