FE4 (O-sawa Mitsuki) Manga Translation Continued (Chapter 70 up)

Jugdral Defender

OK that's just a low blow to Sigurd that he seriously doesn't need right now and just wait until the end of the manga

when

Seliph kills Arvis after he only throws a single fireball at him

also I'm pretty sure everyone wants to punch Manfroy in the face for one reason or another.

I will low blow Sigurd as many times as necessary in my defense of my favorite man. I'm pretty sure Levin and Fury are the ONLY ones in gen 1 I wouldn't low blow for him. :P Unless you mean Alvis to him and not me to him (regarding my above comment).

Alvis needs SOMEONE to stick up for him. I accept his faults and flaws and acknowledge them and because I know what he did wrong and I am VERY PAINED BY HIS PAIN. Though I would rather not go on a rant just yet and will wait until chapter 55 is out.

Also as for what you mentioned in volume sixteen, you're also lacking further events and context. That happened because

Alvis had finally given up and he WANTED to be killed by Celice. He intended to go down the villain all along and be blamed for everything despite that he KNEW he wasn't entirely at fault (none of that would've happened if Manfloy hadn't gotten involved in his life), and Celice holds his hand and cries for him while speaking to him when he dies. Alvis didn't INTEND to kill Celice in the manga, and doubtedly so in the game. He kept up the villain appearance better in the game (continuing to pretend he was the initiator all along), but Alvis had done what he needed to do for the people of Jugdral and had done all he could by then. At that point, for him, it was okay to die because he had nothing left to do and he accepted his job there was done. Not only that, but he WANTED Celice to enact revenge and "save" the people of Grandbell "from him" (which is also the implication in the game). It was basically "let them all think I'm the villain so they can be happy when I die and you receive the praise Sigurd should have had". He also got to see Yuria before dying, so he died knowing his daughter was safe by Sigurd's son's side. Even if there was no hope for Yurius to be saved, there was for Yuria, and he died with a smile on his face. The reason he threw one attack at Celice was because he didn't intend to kill him to begin with, and the fact was, he could've killed Celice if he tried, which he didn't at all. He wanted the people to believe Celice was the hero Sigurd never really got to be. I know it's not directly stated that he thinks that way, but that's the implication and what you're "supposed" to get out of it.

What you're mentioning is stated right on the FE wiki on the Oosawa page and it has no context about the situation whatsoever, so that doesn't really make a valid argument in this situation.

Edited by Jugdral Defender

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh but I would, TE, my good sir. Fuujin will be the translator for the earlier parts of this manga and our FE5 project and possibly more. Can you still threaten the same with that knowledge?! And I will probably have to pull a chapter 54 Alvis on you if you try to ditch us.

COME HERE, TE. YOU'RE MINE.

In actuality, yes, we are very happy to have you helping us out and hope we can work with you until this project is complete. I've really loved working on this manga and I'm glad you stepped up so we didn't have to halt anything (also I love reading your commentary when you give me the translations. I tend to message ChildofDain laughing about them).

Make up your mind, I don't know if you want to let me have my sweet, sweet retirement or not

Also I will fight that second comment because

Alvis may have fallen flat on his ass like a loser but soon Sigurd won't even have an ass to fall on and everyone knows it's coming.

Anyone who follows my Tumblr may or may not remember my meltdown in Alvis' defense while typesetting this chapter tbh. Like okay yes I love Siggycakes but I had a rage fit while typesetting that LAWFUL TRIAL scene. Oh come on Sigurd, the king adores Alvis. Do you want to... break... the poor... old man's heart???

I also really want to punch Manfloy in the face, but that's a story I could tell everyday. For a lot of reasons. I also happened to have had fun with the title of the font I was using for Manfloy's flashback scene in chapter 54 ("Jade, stop catching up").

[spoiler=Ch55]He's not just a loser, he's a really sore loser and you know it

Siggy was mad too you know

"I'M GONNA SEND YOU TO TRIAL, YOU BASTARD"

I'll have to translate 56 now, won't I

Edited by TheEnd

Make up your mind, I don't know if you want to let me have my sweet, sweet retirement or not

[spoiler=Ch55]He's not just a loser, he's a really sore loser and you know it

Siggy was mad too you know

"I'M GONNA SEND YOU TO TRIAL, YOU BASTARD"

I'll have to translate 56 now, won't I

No retirement for TE. You can't become a traveling elder again just yet. It's not The End yet.

Lol what, his ashes are gonna rise up and take Alvis to trial?

It's okay to be mad, Siggy, but I wish you were directing your anger at the right person, aka the guy who is about to kill your only surviving best friend. In fact, I also wish you knew he was the one plotting this and that Alvis is really just a decoy in Manfloy's grand ass schemes.

I'd put up my dukes to fight you but like most of the Dukes are dead. But then, I guess Alvis still kind of qualifies??? Not quite Emperor yet, definitely above being a Duke... idk. Claude can't even fight, so he's a moot point. Maybe he can smack people in the head with the Valkyrie staff and hope to Blagi it doesn't break.

DRAGON. SHANAN. TINY YURIUS! What's not to enjoy translating?

Also maybe I should crack typeset that part and put dastard instead of bastard for obvious reasons.

I don't pay attention to the thread for a bit and not only does JD lovingly call me an idiot she goes full yandere over Alvis.

Sorry TE I'll get her under control again. Maybe. Honestly I'm not even sure if I can anymore.

You know what I'll just get popcorn instead. :)

I will low blow Sigurd as many times as necessary in my defense of my favorite man. I'm pretty sure Levin and Fury are the ONLY ones in gen 1 I wouldn't low blow for him. :P Unless you mean Alvis to him and not me to him (regarding my above comment).

Alvis needs SOMEONE to stick up for him. I accept his faults and flaws and acknowledge them and because I know what he did wrong and I am VERY PAINED BY HIS PAIN. Though I would rather not go on a rant just yet and will wait until chapter 55 is out.

Also as for what you mentioned in volume sixteen, you're also lacking further events and context. That happened because

Alvis had finally given up and he WANTED to be killed by Celice. He intended to go down the villain all along and be blamed for everything despite that he KNEW he wasn't entirely at fault (none of that would've happened if Manfloy hadn't gotten involved in his life), and Celice holds his hand and cries for him while speaking to him when he dies. Alvis didn't INTEND to kill Celice in the manga, and doubtedly so in the game. He kept up the villain appearance better in the game (continuing to pretend he was the initiator all along), but Alvis had done what he needed to do for the people of Jugdral and had done all he could by then. At that point, for him, it was okay to die because he had nothing left to do and he accepted his job there was done. Not only that, but he WANTED Celice to enact revenge and "save" the people of Grandbell "from him" (which is also the implication in the game). It was basically "let them all think I'm the villain so they can be happy when I die and you receive the praise Sigurd should have had". He also got to see Yuria before dying, so he died knowing his daughter was safe by Sigurd's son's side. Even if there was no hope for Yurius to be saved, there was for Yuria, and he died with a smile on his face. The reason he threw one attack at Celice was because he didn't intend to kill him to begin with, and the fact was, he could've killed Celice if he tried, which he didn't at all. He wanted the people to believe Celice was the hero Sigurd never really got to be. I know it's not directly stated that he thinks that way, but that's the implication and what you're "supposed" to get out of it.

What you're mentioning is stated right on the FE wiki on the Oosawa page and it has no context about the situation whatsoever, so that doesn't really make a valid argument in this situation.

you do bring up a valid point about later context in the story but I'm not entirely sure the fight between Seliph and Arvis would have been so one sided because Seliph isn't exactly a pushover at that point either but I suppose that's something that will be left unknown.

Hello !

I'm here to say you guys are amazing !

FE4 is a fantastic story (and game ofc btw) and it's very cool to translate that scans !

I'm 100% behind you translators guys ! Continue just like that :D

If only I had a PC(and japanese knowledge lol), I would have liked to help you to translate this fantastic manga

(If I did some orthography's faults please tell me, I'm french and it would be nice for me to improve my english ^^)

Edited by Seiji15

I don't pay attention to the thread for a bit and not only does JD lovingly call me an idiot she goes full yandere over Alvis.

Sorry TE I'll get her under control again. Maybe. Honestly I'm not even sure if I can anymore.

You know what I'll just get popcorn instead. :)

Don't make me trollslate your chicken knight husbando

No retirement for TE. You can't become a traveling elder again just yet. It's not The End yet.

Sigh

Lol what, his ashes are gonna rise up and take Alvis to trial?

It's okay to be mad, Siggy, but I wish you were directing your anger at the right person, aka the guy who is about to kill your only surviving best friend. In fact, I also wish you knew he was the one plotting this and that Alvis is really just a decoy in Manfloy's grand ass schemes.

He won't escape the judgment of History

[spoiler=ch56]His punishment will be a well-placed oniisama

Does Siggy even realize Manfloy exists, I'm not sure they even crossed paths at all

Also maybe I should crack typeset that part and put dastard instead of bastard for obvious reasons.

Spoilerssss

you do bring up a valid point about later context in the story but I'm not entirely sure the fight between Seliph and Arvis would have been so one sided because Seliph isn't exactly a pushover at that point either but I suppose that's something that will be left unknown.

Well, I don't mean to say he's a pushover, whether in personality or strength, but especially in this manga, it's made quite a point that Falaflame incinerates. Also, in terms of battle experience, Celice is only just under twenty years old, whereas Alvis is basically double his age, and Celice hasn't been really fighting for more than a few years by this point. The fact is though, if Alvis hadn't

intentionally given him Tyrfing like in the game, without that level of magic resistance,

if Celice had been hit with Falaflame, I highly doubt he'd have lived.

It was basically Alvis' plan for him to win.

Celice isn't a pushover, but the people with holy blood in his army are mostly composed of teenagers with the lack of battle experience they'd need to fight someone so strong and capable. Even then Shanan is the only candidate imo, speaking under that logic, because Oifaye has minor Baldo and Fin and Hannibal have no holy blood at all (so even most of the people with plenty of battle experience don't have power to match Alvis').

I mean, gen 2 Levin is a choice, but I feel like that would end in half the country being blown up in one hit from the Holsety tome.

Kind of like how I can't imagine a minor blood teenager killing a major blood adult unless said major blood intentionally let the minor blood kill them.

But Oosawa pulls that shit too.

Hello !

I'm here to say you guys are amazing !

FE4 is a fantastic story (and game ofc btw) and it's very cool to translate that scans !

I'm 100% behind you translators guys ! Continue just like that :D

If only I had a PC(and japanese knowledge lol), I would have liked to help you to translate this fantastic manga

(If I did some orthography's faults please tell me, I'm french and it would be nice for me to improve my english ^^)

Thanks for the comment! I'm actually going back and fixing up some of our old stuff from a year ago because Dain and I looked at it and were slightly appalled by our work from back then so I'm updating it to look closer to us our current stuff. Still in the process of that.

If you want help with your English, "that scans" would be "those scans". It would be either "that scan" or "those scans".

Don't make me trollslate your chicken knight husbando

Sigh

Does Siggy even realize Manfloy exists, I'm not sure they even crossed paths at all

Even Dain isn't safe from TE sass.

But it's Alvis time. I have to talk about him while I still can before the focus shifts to gen 2 and he's not around for such a long time. I ain't got time to chill.

...What pun?

Also chicken knight is a great thing and if the scene wasn't so serious it would've been hilarious. I should crack typeset that too for somewhere...

Trabant is a chicken knight and Lex is bita af. People may not get the inside jokes but that is okay because they're still worth it.

Sigh, he says, as if he's not the one who stepped up for us in the first place. :P

You get to enjoy reading the chapters first at least. :P

I am pretty positive Sigurd does not know a damn thing about Manfloy even existing (and I think if he did he'd be a lot less ferocious toward Alvis in chapter 53). Fury SHOULD, seeing as she's seen him before... and same for Manfloy with her, but I'm not sure if they just utterly forgot about that back in Agusty orrrr it was just Oosawa who forgot. I mean, she could have told Sigurd HEY I SAW A SUSPICIOUS GUY IN AGUSTY (imagine how much time we could have saved and all the lives we could've saved folks), but that never happened so...

She wants to eat popcorn while you're fangirling wildly, she had it coming

Also chicken knight is a great thing and if the scene wasn't so serious it would've been hilarious. I should crack typeset that too for somewhere...

You could use the credits page for that kind of thing if you want, or something

Sigh, he says, as if he's not the one who stepped up for us in the first place. :P

I was supposed to be backuuuup

But the younglings just won't finish the stuff they start :|

Edited by TheEnd

Well, I don't mean to say he's a pushover, whether in personality or strength, but especially in this manga, it's made quite a point that Falaflame incinerates. Also, in terms of battle experience, Celice is only just under twenty years old, whereas Alvis is basically double his age, and Celice hasn't been really fighting for more than a few years by this point. The fact is though, if Alvis hadn't

intentionally given him Tyrfing like in the game, without that level of magic resistance,

if Celice had been hit with Falaflame, I highly doubt he'd have lived.

It was basically Alvis' plan for him to win.

Celice isn't a pushover, but the people with holy blood in his army are mostly composed of teenagers with the lack of battle experience they'd need to fight someone so strong and capable. Even then Shanan is the only candidate imo, speaking under that logic, because Oifaye has minor Baldo and Fin and Hannibal have no holy blood at all (so even most of the people with plenty of battle experience don't have power to match Alvis').

I mean, gen 2 Levin is a choice, but I feel like that would end in half the country being blown up in one hit from the Holsety tome.

Kind of like how I can't imagine a minor blood teenager killing a major blood adult unless said major blood intentionally let the minor blood kill them.

But Oosawa pulls that shit too.

Thanks for the comment! I'm actually going back and fixing up some of our old stuff from a year ago because Dain and I looked at it and were slightly appalled by our work from back then so I'm updating it to look closer to us our current stuff. Still in the process of that.

If you want help with your English, "that scans" would be "those scans". It would be either "that scan" or "those scans".

But it's Alvis time. I have to talk about him while I still can before the focus shifts to gen 2 and he's not around for such a long time. I ain't got time to chill.

...What pun?

Trabant is a chicken knight and Lex is bita af. People may not get the inside jokes but that is okay because they're still worth it.

I am pretty positive Sigurd does not know a damn thing about Manfloy even existing (and I think if he did he'd be a lot less ferocious toward Alvis in chapter 53). Fury SHOULD, seeing as she's seen him before... and same for Manfloy with her, but I'm not sure if they just utterly forgot about that back in Agusty orrrr it was just Oosawa who forgot. I mean, she could have told Sigurd HEY I SAW A SUSPICIOUS GUY IN AGUSTY (imagine how much time we could have saved and all the lives we could've saved folks), but that never happened so...

yeah if he didn't have Tyrfing Seliph would easily get fried by Valflame and even then he'd have a hard time hitting him in the first place. i'd also argue Ares has some battle experience by being with a mercenary group but even then it probably isn't a lot but at least Mystelain gives him a chance against Arvis. i suppose if you think about things in terms of game logic the easiest weapon to beat arvis is Mjoliner but...

all those guys died and they would likely have to inbreed to create a child capable of using Mjoliner again

She wants to eat popcorn while you're fangirling wildly, she had it coming

I was supposed to be backuuuup

But the younglings just won't finish the stuff they start :|

BECAUSE IT WILL BE WAY TOO LONG BEFORE I CAN REALLY DISCUSS ALVIS AGAIN WITH HIM BEING PROMINENT IN THE MANGA.

It's okay, my wild fangirling is going to be back before Alvis anyway. It'll be a while anyway... but it'll be here. Sooner than Alvis...

You did say you planned to stick with us until the end. >:O

My last translator just disappeared without a trace, there was nothing we could do. D:

On the other hand, so long as I have a translator, I will finish what I start. Though as I recall, my previous translator was the youngest in the team... In fact, the youngest this team's ever had...

This project is a glorious project but it would be less glorious without you. D:

yeah if he didn't have Tyrfing Seliph would easily get fried by Valflame and even then he'd have a hard time hitting him in the first place. i'd also argue Ares has some battle experience by being with a mercenary group but even then it probably isn't a lot but at least Mystelain gives him a chance against Arvis. i suppose if you think about things in terms of game logic the easiest weapon to beat arvis is Mjoliner but...

all those guys died and they would likely have to inbreed to create a child capable of using Mjoliner again

Well I'm talking generally manga-wise here, and only

Celice, Oifaye and Yuria went by carriage to Chalphy castle.

Aless couldn't even handle Ishtar, so there's no way he could've handled Alvis. Ishtar knocked around a bunch of holy bloods and made them all look like fools tbh (not counting the adults), to the point Celice was practically begging Sety to fight her because he was the only one capable of doing so. If they had that tough of a time trying to seriously fight Ishtar, Alvis would have to seriously not try to even do damage for them to win. Which, well... is what happened. I'd like to say Trabant should have been worth more in gen 2 but Oosawa had other plans in mind for him.

BECAUSE IT WILL BE WAY TOO LONG BEFORE I CAN REALLY DISCUSS ALVIS AGAIN WITH HIM BEING PROMINENT IN THE MANGA.

It's okay, my wild fangirling is going to be back before Alvis anyway. It'll be a while anyway... but it'll be here. Sooner than Alvis...

My last translator just disappeared without a trace, there was nothing we could do. D:

On the other hand, so long as I have a translator, I will finish what I start. Though as I recall, my previous translator was the youngest in the team... In fact, the youngest this team's ever had...

This project is a glorious project but it would be less glorious without you. D:

Well I'm talking generally manga-wise here, and only

Celice, Oifaye and Yuria went by carriage to Chalphy castle.

Aless couldn't even handle Ishtar, so there's no way he could've handled Alvis. Ishtar knocked around a bunch of holy bloods and made them all look like fools tbh (not counting the adults), to the point Celice was practically begging Sety to fight her because he was the only one capable of doing so. If they had that tough of a time trying to seriously fight Ishtar, Alvis would have to seriously not try to even do damage for them to win. Which, well... is what happened. I'd like to say Trabant should have been worth more in gen 2 but Oosawa had other plans in mind for him.

i mean at least we all get to see how powerful Julius is right? whadda ya mean there's no final chapter showing the book of loptyr

Alvis is a shit tier husbando.

Btw, does Oosawa's manga go to second gen or are you talking about the events in the other manga?

I didn't saw It yet. But it seems that Oosawa's manga go to the second gen.

Alvis is a shit tier husbando.

Btw, does Oosawa's manga go to second gen or are you talking about the events in the other manga?

Oh boy here we go

It goes up to chapter 10.

Technically there's more to that Edited by TheEnd

At least it goes farther than the Shadow Dragon manga. I get the feeling that the authors add so much to the plot development that they end up cutting out the end when it comes to light that nobody wants to serialize a manga based on a 5 year old game.

At least it goes farther than the Shadow Dragon manga. I get the feeling that the authors add so much to the plot development that they end up cutting out the end when it comes to light that nobody wants to serialize a manga based on a 5 year old game.

I'm pretty sure it was a requirement to the manga not to finish the ending so people would play the game and get their own ending. Five years later and FE4 was still FE's second best seller, so they probably hoped it would make more people come back to it. It was probably a contract or something similar that Oosawa wouldn't complete the game's storyline.

That or they were nervously hoping people would forget how badly FE5 sold by bringing FE4 back in some manner.

Xoxo FE5 and I am sorry.

Chapter 54 is up.

Oosawa trying to make me feel pity for Manfloy and I'm sitting here like no effect. How dare you blame Levin for your problems from before he was even born, sir.

Sigurd, watch yourself... You're gonna get burned...

Well damn those feels hit pretty damn hard especially considering I know what will happen soon.

why is this week filled with so many feels first DR3 now this and DR3 is on Thursday as well.

I also question why Arvis didn't just attack Sigurd when he was embracing Deirdre unless he didn't want to hurt her as well but I would've thought he would do something at least.

• 1 month later...

Yes hi chapter 55 is up.

I love you Sigurd but consider this revenge for the night I I was seething over how you spoke to my man. I will miss you and I am sorry and I love you in another way than I love Alvis.

Expect tears this chapter; like, literally. Not even necessarily yours.

Fuck Manfloy stat at 99 + Fuck Manfloy Ring for an additional + 5 Fuck Manfloy.

I don't feel like ranting about gen 1 right now so it can happen later maybe. Fuck you Manfloy. At least if you plan to revive a dragon, revive the one you were trying to revive and not someone else's. Tough shit on you Manfloy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I like Mahnya as Holsety's squire.

HOLY NARGA, poor Diadora, the despair, ouch my heart, the PAIN!!!! I'm not crying! You're crying! Everyone is crying!*sobs*

Pfff and people says Camilla is Yandere? *puts crown on Alvis' head and NOPES the fuck out*

Also, damn, Fury is awesome, until the very bitter and painful end.

So Sety, as the older one, could still be Levin's child, but Phee/Fee is totally Holsety's then?

EDIT:

Oh, I almost forgot, congrats for reaching the end of GEN1 wonderful Scanlation Team, TheEnd, JugdralDefender and ChildofDain! Thank you all for your hard work and for not dropping the series!

...Now to grind a certain blue haired bishounen to shove a holy sword in a certain someone's guts.

Edited by Kah-Hoa-Raverkeisnt