FE4 (O-sawa Mitsuki) Manga Translation Continued (Chapter 70 up)

Jugdral Defender

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Is it out?

It's coming soon! At least, that's what it sounded like with the Shanan picture in the last page of this thread.

LENE HYPE.

8 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

It's coming soon! At least, that's what it sounded like with the Shanan picture in the last page of this thread.

LENE HYPE.

Ah. Sweet. Can't wait for that. This manga is really great. It's handled so well.

• 3 weeks later...

So after the con this year which is this weekend, I’ll try to work on the manga. I know I’ve held it off longer than I anticipated but the break was severely needed post getting on meds. It’s helped a lot taking time away and I’m going to more or less isolate myself to working on the manga fandom wise and balancing it with my other fandom (where I ended up while taking this break). It's been since I'd say about January since I started the recovery process as my meds wouldn't have kicked in by December because of the mess that happened with refills. Basically, my life has been an utter disaster this past year.

I’m in a bit of a better place now mentally online though irl is still rough as hell. I’m sorry you’ve all had to wait. I’m doing my best to make this work. Giving up on this manga is the last thing I’d ever want honestly. It still means so much to me and I’m not going to drop my dedication to it - and that’s exactly why I took this break. The quality won’t change and I’m not aiming to rush it to get it out and have it look crappy.

Thank you for waiting on me. <3 I've been thinking of you all and talking about you elsewhere and how loyal you've all been to waiting on this team for this manga. I'm very upset it took basically a year for me to struggle to just barely pop my head out of this awful mental state because of how long I had to hold off the manga. Once the con is done this weekend I should be in better spirits since I'll be attending with ChildofDain as usual!

We'll be back hopefully actually soon this time.

Just trying to give you guys updates to let you know I'm still here and not just disappearing like what seems to happen often when this fandom gets a big project going. ;v;

4 minutes ago, Jugdral Defender said:

So after the con this year which is this weekend, I’ll try to work on the manga. I know I’ve held it off longer than I anticipated but the break was severely needed post getting on meds. It’s helped a lot taking time away and I’m going to more or less isolate myself to working on the manga fandom wise and balancing it with my other fandom (where I ended up while taking this break). It's been since I'd say about January since I started the recovery process as my meds wouldn't have kicked in by December because of the mess that happened with refills. Basically, my life has been an utter disaster this past year.

I’m in a bit of a better place now mentally online though irl is still rough as hell. I’m sorry you’ve all had to wait. I’m doing my best to make this work. Giving up on this manga is the last thing I’d ever want honestly. It still means so much to me and I’m not going to drop my dedication to it - and that’s exactly why I took this break. The quality won’t change and I’m not aiming to rush it to get it out and have it look crappy.

Thank you for waiting on me. <3 I've been thinking of you all and talking about you elsewhere and how loyal you've all been to waiting on this team for this manga. I'm very upset it took basically a year for me to struggle to just barely pop my head out of this awful mental state because of how long I had to hold off the manga. Once the con is done this weekend I should be in better spirits since I'll be attending with ChildofDain as usual!

We'll be back hopefully actually soon this time.

Just trying to give you guys updates to let you know I'm still here and not just disappearing like what seems to happen often when this fandom gets a big project going. ;v;

I'm loathe to speak for everybody, but I'm presumptuous, so I will. Your own mental health is a million, billion, some unimaginable adjective more times important than us having to wait for you guys to do the high quality work you've all done.  Anyone with an eye for quality work can see how well this has been orchestrated and anyone with any decency can understand real life happens.  

I'll speak personally and say I'm sorry to hear you've had such a difficult go at it and am heartened to hear you are doing better, God-speed in that endeavor and I hope for continued better tidings health-wise.

You guys have done excellent work so far on this project and it's quiet an undertaking, so don't feel rushed, it's just fun to see what you all put out.  I know we are all looking forward to future chapters, but patience is a virtue, so we may as well all have it.

It's mostly that I feel bad because I don't want to get people's hopes up and then nothing happens or it just takes forever. I don't want it to seem like I'm giving out empty promises so while things happen, I don't want to keep saying we'll get to it and then months pass. If nothing else I just want to be as responsible for this project as I can be because FE4 and Jugdral still mean the world to me. I had really hoped to get the chapter out before the con and before my other fandom's series came off hiatus because I knew I'd be wrapped up between the two at this point in the year, but it just didn't work out.

Thank you for your concern! I'm really grateful a lot of people have been so supportive of us and haven't been rushing this out of us. Alas, we'd be a whole year ahead of where we are now, but I can't do anything about that. At least that's one more year we get with the manga? We do have FE5 to work on too, and beyond that anything else I own in this massive several stacks of Jugdral books.

Hopefully I can get this going again just around the time Leaf gets into Heroes and you'll all have even more to celebrate for. <3

I just wondered how differently the manga would play it out had it been a "subs only" manga. Probably pretty similar, but there would probably be different dynamics at work. I can't imagine Roddleban being as cool as Ulster though.

Edited by Dandy Druid

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:51 PM, Noax said:

I didn't even know Fire Emblem had any sort of Manga. Learn something new everyday.

The ones that have a manga from what I can recall is Gaiden, Mystery, Geneaology, Binding Blade, Awakening, and Fates.

Now that the con is done and things have settled down, I can start up again! I'll see how fast I can go with the next couple of chapters, because I do kind of want to get the next two out at a decently fast speed to make up for the obnoxious wait. The next two chapters will conclude the Shanan arc in Yied anyway and move on to Aless, so hopefully I can knock the next two out in a decent period of time.

Edit:

bEtfHRM.jpg

I'm workin'.

Even tho we've got troubleeee!

Edited by Jugdral Defender

On 4/5/2018 at 9:09 PM, Jugdral Defender said:

Now that the con is done and things have settled down, I can start up again! I'll see how fast I can go with the next couple of chapters, because I do kind of want to get the next two out at a decently fast speed to make up for the obnoxious wait. The next two chapters will conclude the Shanan arc in Yied anyway and move on to Aless, so hopefully I can knock the next two out in a decent period of time.

Edit:

bEtfHRM.jpg

I'm workin'.

Even tho we've got troubleeee!

Wait, is that Midayle?

New chapter is up!

Okay so I totally have not proofread this yet even remotely, so whoopsie at any errors (that blank bubble on page 64 had no text in it to begin with so we're all good there). I'll proofread it later, but right now I just want to get the damn thing out for y'all.

This chapter hurt my feelings to typeset.

Happy Heroesing and I hope you all roll the FE5 character you're looking to get if you play Heroes!

13 hours ago, Jugdral Defender said:

New chapter is up!

Okay so I totally have not proofread this yet even remotely, so whoopsie at any errors (that blank bubble on page 64 had no text in it to begin with so we're all good there). I'll proofread it later, but right now I just want to get the damn thing out for y'all.

This chapter hurt my feelings to typeset.

Happy Heroesing and I hope you all roll the FE5 character you're looking to get if you play Heroes!

Would it be alright with you if I post ch 63 and 64 to mangahere.co for people having trouble unzipping the files?

1 minute ago, Shinwoo said:

Would it be alright with you if I post ch 63 and 64 to mangahere.co for people having trouble unzipping the files?

Can someone in kissmanga actually upload all the chapters from chapters from 37 and continuing? That site stopped for some reason at chapter 36.

6 hours ago, Shinwoo said:

I'm actually holding back on that because I haven't looked over the chapters again yet. Typically after a couple proofreads I upload them myself, so they'll definitely be up. I just prefer to get the best versions I can onto the websites because once they go up because I don't know that I can replace them with the better versions (and I haven't uploaded 63 yet because of the hiatus). Basically I like to make sure I've done a thorough check on them before I put them there, because at least on here I can just replace them as needed, so uploading them quickly for you guys and adding edits later is no problem here. I'll definitely get to it though!

Chances are if people can't open the files, they don't have winRAR. I'm not sure if 7Zip works for winRAR files, but they do need to be opened via a program (which I understand you know, but some people may not). For anyone having trouble opening the files, make sure you have winRAR (even if it tells you you're past the trial period you're fine; just ignore that because the program will still work). Once you open the file in winRAR, you can click the pages straight from there or extract them to a folder - whichever you prefer. If you have winRAR and you're still having trouble, let me know.

5 hours ago, athena_57 said:

NEW CHAPTER HYPE

Thank you so much for continuing to work on this, I really appreciate it!

I know you guys all still enjoy it, and I really didn't want to drop it. Life's been hellishly hectic and once I finally had the chance and felt it again I started on it right away. Thanks for sticking around!

Okay that makes complete sense. That's why I wanted to ask first. Thanks so much for your hard work, and for coming back to the project! This chapter hurt my heart real bad, my poor poor boy.

Edited by Shinwoo

55 minutes ago, Shinwoo said:

Okay that makes complete sense. That's why I wanted to ask first. Thanks so much for your hard work, and for coming back to the project! This chapter hurt my heart real bad, my poor poor boy.

Thank you too for asking! I do usually put them up myself, so if I haven't and there's a delay on that front it's because I haven't looked over it again or I'm working on updating it, etc.

I certainly did want to come back to this, and I know it's been dropped one or times already by others. Even if I need breaks and all, I always end up magneted back to FE4 anyway. ^^; This was something I really never wanted to drop anyway, and I hope we can get things going more normally soon.

I agree. ;o; And poor Shanan being able to reunite with someone from his past and then watching him die... You'd think Shanan would have lost well enough by now. All of gen 1 deserved better.

First of all, thank you for taking the time to translate this manga for us. :^)  I enjoyed the latest chapter, even if the death in it felt a bit contrived and pointless.

Secondly, I thought I'd provide some information about the problems people have been having opening the archive for the latest chapter.  I'm a Mac user who hasn't had any problems with the previous chapters, but for the latest one none of the programs I have that can handle RAR archives could read the file.  Since I have access to a Windows laptop as well, I tried downloading the chapter and WinRAR on it.  The archive file still couldn't be opened by the other software, but WinRAR was able to successfully open the archive and extract the files.  My guess is that something went slightly wrong when the archive was created, and WinRAR is simply better at handling the imperfect file than other RAR extractors.