FE4 (O-sawa Mitsuki) Manga Translation Continued (Chapter 70 up)

Jugdral Defender

Leen is gorgeous, I promise.

Patty, well... was a better option in this manga for Shanan. I really loved Lakche's character until the shippy stuff started happening and I was like Lakche my girl are you for real. A lot of stuff, especially in volume ten, almost even pushes toward Celice/Lakche, but alas. Yuria got in the way and in Sety's way.

Gen 1 had like most of my favorite ships, then gen 2 is like okay Oosawa my dear you can stop now.

All the characters kind of get their own space so that's why the earlier characters (save Skasaher for the most part) end up fading up to make room for everyone else. Unfortunately with when the manga had to end, there was little room to sneak in extra stuff for everyone.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I've heard more about the way Larcei/Lakche's char goes from Vol 11 on...

Which sucks because right now she's a scene-stealing queen -_-.

Again, I don't really like sticking her with either of her cousins, but I'd prefer her with Johalva and Patty with Shannan, rather than forming this weird...love square...of a bunch of cousins + Patty.

But yeah for real, Oosawa rocked Gen 1's ships! A bunch of my favourites, or even if not personal favourites just good choices/well done ones (rip Dew though. I kinda like him with Briggid). And I also understand every char needs their moment in the sun, just not looking forward to bitchy mopey Lakche pining and crying over Shannan when she's been so awesome from her first appearance to now :/.

At least I hear other favourites of mine are handled VERY well. She's one of the few who got kinda screwed over.

On 3/19/2017 at 0:39 PM, Jugdral Defender said:

Leen is gorgeous, I promise.

All the characters kind of get their own space so that's why the earlier characters (save Skasaher for the most part) end up fading up to make room for everyone else. Unfortunately with when the manga had to end, there was little room to sneak in extra stuff for everyone.

This fills me with hope. 

Side note: Skasaher doesn't fade into the background? Homeboy getting his due justice since he's overlooked in the game.

Chapter 59 error fixed and chapter 60 is up!

Re: Fuck You Danan.

Re: Fuck You Fodder.

Re: Fuck Danan Again Later, Because The Flashbacks Aren't Quite Over.

In response to all of the above posters:

Also, regarding Lakche's character, it's mostly that the majority of her appearances were so Shanan centered that it overshadows a lot of her actually good moments post volume ten. Her core character is still good, but her obsession over Shanan, to the point of constantly crying near him (which seems pathetically guilt trippy to me) and giving him an attitude just because he was talking to Patty, is strongly degrading for me. But yeah, I am also not looking forward to having to typeset all the Lakche -> Shanan and eventually Shanan/Lakche. Its easy into the final volume that it goes official, but eugh. Praying for my own soul when I have to typeset that.

Johan is more or less booted to comedy relief central, so his crush on Lakche is pretty... easy to overlook and forget about. Oosawa didn't bother to develop it in the least and focused fully on Johalva in that area.

Dew does end up with Brigid, which we've actually mentioned here in the past. =o

-

Including Radney and Roddblevan was to express how terrifying a place Jugdral become since gen 1. I'm sure Oosawa figrued hey why not use subs instead of just plain fodder. I can understand that.

-

I actually prefer Patty in Oosawa by miles and miles. She's extremely helpful and a lot more mature, and gets to be the bigshot of part of the whole Blume deal. For me, LI was like... a literal trainwreck. The characterization of almost everyone was horrifying to me, but it was a good manga. Idk man.

-

Skasaher is too cool to fade into the background completely, though he'll see less time for, again, other characters. He sticks around with the adults and stuff and is kinda one of the more important guys in the army. Also kinda acts as basically Celice's personal messenger/bodyguard or something? He's always near him and goes into battles and stuff with him, so eh. He'll always be around, at least!
Take That, Chapter Sixty Fodder.

Wow, that was fast! Thanks the scanlation team for your hard work! Ganba!

Oh Skasaher, you poor boy, you're too nice for your won good.

Hahaha Johan killing the mood XD

Johalva is so sweet and considerate, dammit, can someone write me a JohalvaxLahcke canon divergent fic of Oosawa's universe? I have a dire need for it.

People cry a lot in Oosawa Manga, what beautiful criers XD

I like the way Oosawa incorporate some of the game's mechanics, the inheritance thing being the Hero sword being conveniently in Isaac.

Speaking of Inheritance, does Nanna use the Earth Dagger Sword at all? It's just... The Dagger Sword looks puny as hell XD.

Oh, and on that topic, does Leaf have his iconic Light Sword?

Mature Patty huh? I'm looking forward to that, Oosawa slipped hard in characterization and plot in Gen 2 but I have been liking the core personality of the characters a lot, maybe she slipped because Gen 2 doesn't have the same "heavy drama" thing like Gen 1? Oosawa looks like a drama queen that's super extra after all XD

Looking at all of this discussion, maybe I'll give this manga a read during break. Yeah, I'm not done with FE4 yet (I've yet to start Chapter 9) but it seems the manga isn't too different from the game itself. 

And apparently, Holyn isn't in the manga. </3

MINTY YOU GODDAMN FROG HI I HOPE YOU READ IT AND ENJOY YOUR STAY IN HELL.

Holyn and Beowulf are not in this manga, but it is still A++ which I suppose says a lot coming from a Holyn lover. Of course, they weren't the only ones left out (ex. Hilda was too and she's one of the bigger villains in the game), but Oosawa made do. But have no fear, he IS in the anthology books, and we ARE going to be working on those!

Edit 4/24/2017: Yes hi I am once again working on editing the older chapters... for hopefully... the goddamn last time. Expect those at some point!

Edited by Jugdral Defender

New chapter is up! Please look forward to it, and as usual let us know if you find any errors.

And JD will never be satisfied with the old chapters. She shall be re-editing til the end of time.

Thanks for the new chapter! YASSSS!!

New Kids! I feel like those doting grandparents crying over how much the children look like their parents, I like it so much that you can see some mannerisms/looks that they inherited from both of them!

You weren't kidding JD when you said Arthur resembled a lot both Talito and Azel, I can see Azel's hair and Arthur does similar expressions akin to Talito too, Phee's genki happy go luck attitude reminds me of Levin and she looks a lot like her mother.

Already shipping Arthur x Phee and Skasaher x Lana, their interactions so far are very cute, it warms my heart.

Was the sword Lahcke picked the Hero Sword? It lacks the... "strange cross plumber in the top" if it is.

Can't wait to see flashbacks about Lex and Ayra, *sobs*

EDIT:

Ah, before I forget, in the part they show the sword to Lahcke, the person saying "beloved child" was Ayra/Ira's spirit?

Edited by Kah-Hoa-Raverkeisnt

• 1 month later...

I assume the Gharnef Patch era names are kept for consistency with the Fala scans translations, but are there any plans to go back and update the names to match the ones from Awakening/Project Naga?

On 5/11/2017 at 5:43 PM, Kah-Hoa-Raverkeisnt said:

Was the sword Lahcke picked the Hero Sword? It lacks the... "strange cross plumber in the top" if it is.

Can't wait to see flashbacks about Lex and Ayra, *sobs*

EDIT:

Ah, before I forget, in the part they show the sword to Lahcke, the person saying "beloved child" was Ayra/Ira's spirit?

Yes, that was the Hero Sword, and yes, that was like Aira's spirit/voice thing, however Oosawa explains that. You'll see the last of Lex and Aira's flashbacks in the next chapter.

On 6/19/2017 at 0:49 PM, ablast6 said:

I assume the Gharnef Patch era names are kept for consistency with the Fala scans translations, but are there any plans to go back and update the names to match the ones from Awakening/Project Naga?

I don't know what you mean by Gharnef patch as this team's name usage has absolutely nothing to do with that user's patch, but no, we didn't use Gharnef names at all (actually our name usage is a combination of Twilkitri's original versions pre-patch changes in 2012 Serlis and crew as well as the given Japanese romaji) and said user has no relation to Fala Scans so we don't base any of our projects around each other. I wouldn't go back to edit just for the sake of names in the first place, but as TE said, we are not using those names. The problem with localization is that it is ALWAYS subject to change (and a LOT of things in localization, particularly with Jugdral, have changed from FE7 to Awakening to Heroes), and if I edited things based off of that, I would have gone from Raquesis right back to Lachesis because of Heroes, and technically Silesia was localized to Silezha in FE7's soundtrack list. It would be a waste of time to do that honestly - keep editing for every time they change something. Personally, I have my reasons on top of that, but that's not for this thread. Project Naga names are an absolute no and are in no way official, so there wouldn't be a reason to go back/actually edit for those anyway.
I would rather straight up die than use "Ced" in any of my work honestly. Honestly. There's a lack of exaggeration in there...

This team is just keeping the name usage we have. The only consideration I've really had to changing names is Fee and Tinny (possibly Adean to Aideen but that's very up in the air) as I'm specifically using Phee and Teeny because they're written as such in romaji in this particular manga (as opposed to any of our other projects). In other words, I'm basically just using the romaji Oosawa wrote in volume 13, save Levn as it actually uses Levin in her art book, Levin is more widely known and used, and we were unsure how consistent we wanted to be with Holsety Scans when we first started (and TE also wasn't with us when we first started, so he wasn't there yet to be part of the whole "do we stay consistent with HS or not", but we're in pretty common agreement about what we're using and not using regardless for both gens and the names HS never even touched/got to and what we haven't gotten to yet).

Ultimately I'm going to cut off any debate or discussion on this thread about names because this isn't the place for it. Not to say it's a problem you asked, but I don't want the topic itself becoming a long running matter on this particular thread - especially because I'm sure people would ask questions and it could end up a long winded explanation that turns into something very off topic and no longer in relation to this manga if people start replying and the like. PM is fine, but I won't discuss it in depth here.

TE: Short answer.
JD: Long answer.
Take your pick.

In relation to this manga, there should be an update coming later in the month. If not, I'm just going to hope for two chapters next month to make up for it.
TE voice: Jaaaade, stop catching up.
Jade voice: I will never stop.

So Lex and Ayra survived Barhara and ended up getting killed some years later.

With how little we know of Barhara that was always possible but doesn't that mean they ditched Shanan and the kids. It seems a bit out of character for Ayra not to join her nephew if they survived, especially since he's still a kid himself when he starts raising Seliph.

On 6/23/2017 at 5:42 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

So Lex and Ayra survived Barhara and ended up getting killed some years later.

With how little we know of Barhara that was always possible but doesn't that mean they ditched Shanan and the kids. It seems a bit out of character for Ayra not to join her nephew if they survived, especially since he's still a kid himself when he starts raising Seliph.

Oosawa claimed in chapter it was, er, months, but I ain't buying that lol.

Technically I think they were just staying low and hiding out from the Empire. They (the Empire's men) did say they had to hunt the survivors. If they wanted to have any hope of meeting their kids again later on, they couldn't rush things. Whether it was months or years, I think they just wanted to play it safe before attempting to go to Isaac. The fact that they went at all tells me their goal was probably to reunite with everyone... just... made an... unfortunate... pit stop... and permanent stop... on the way...

Edit: Chapter 62 is up. Going to totally find someone to post after me so people get notified. Oh yeah I also didn't proofread this one because I was so done with it and just wanted to get it the hell up so I'll check on it later.

Yes the new chapter is finally up.

Reasons for the delay on this one? Well, real life decided to get busy + Stormblood (FFXIV) came out ;)

ALSO THERE ARE A LOT OF DOUBLE SPREADS IN THIS CHAPTER. WHY DO YOU DO  THIS, OOSAWA. WHY.

but yes, enjoy! :)

• 2 weeks later...

New chapter is up and I am so ready to shove this out into the world. Lakche makes typesetting hard.

On that note, I am so ready to fight anyone and everyone who is going to pass by with their typical Holsety hate. (ง •̀_•́)ง
(ง •̀_•́)ง 

I'm also considering fighting Oifaye for the shit he be talkin' about my man Alvis.
I can't wait until Leaf comes back. He's so adorable and perfect and beautiful and the sun of the world and pure and deserves literally fucking everything he wants.......... hey fin, can i keep him............. my son..........

For some reason I kind of want Dew to pull that attitude on Yurius and just piss him the fuck off.

All in all very good chapter. Also very exhausting to typeset. Thanks, Lakche.

Also, look. It's almost our second anniversary.

Oh yeah, I also didn't forget the cover this time. Funnily enough, Leaf is on this one. ...And I didn't forget it.

Celice, my dude, your kid sibling is literally Danganronpa Satan.

Pheee!!*Hugs* Poor child, also Godammit Holsety she's your kid, not even Levin's, because at least in this verse I got the impression Levin "died" at Barhara battle and you possessed/kept him alive there.

... Ok, I admit I'm mild curious. Has Holsety taken a liking to Fury and had a child with her because he liked her or...? I want to know! Kaga! Oosawa! GODDAMIT THIS WILL EAT ME ALIVE!

So... Celice, not to take crap on you, but If I'm being honest, Leaf had a whole lot worse than you*Has War flashbacks of playing FE5*

Yuria could get Aura because they could talk more about Diadora and how she used Aura as her signature spell but even Oosawa is aware that Aura is crap in FE4 lmao.

I'm preeeety sure Oosawa was taking a jab at growth mechanics with the whole Lana thing because that's totally true XD, And I will fight anyone who says you don't look good Lana, I think Oosawa!Lana is the loveliest Lana ever, I love her design and I love how sassy she is XD, she could set someone on fire with all that burn XD XD XD XD

Interesting, they are splitting armies. Also, how the fuck didn't you recognize Dew, He got buff, but he mostly looks the same.

I still headcanon that Faval is Midayle's kid and Patty is Dew's child and everyone can pry this from my cold dead fingers.

Arthur is tsundere like his mom lololol, gotta love Mahnya, she's a funny horse. It's pretty endearing to see how Arthur cares a lot about Phee.

10 hours ago, TheEnd said:

Holsety is a dick
Fight me Jade

image.png

(ง •̀_•́)ง

xoxo

9 hours ago, Kah-Hoa-Raverkeisnt said:

Celice, my dude, your kid sibling is literally Danganronpa Satan.

Pheee!!*Hugs* Poor child, also Godammit Holsety she's your kid, not even Levin's, because at least in this verse I got the impression Levin "died" at Barhara battle and you possessed/kept him alive there.

... Ok, I admit I'm mild curious. Has Holsety taken a liking to Fury and had a child with her because he liked her or...? I want to know! Kaga! Oosawa! GODDAMIT THIS WILL EAT ME ALIVE!

So... Celice, not to take crap on you, but If I'm being honest, Leaf had a whole lot worse than you*Has War flashbacks of playing FE5*

Yuria could get Aura because they could talk more about Diadora and how she used Aura as her signature spell but even Oosawa is aware that Aura is crap in FE4 lmao.

I'm preeeety sure Oosawa was taking a jab at growth mechanics with the whole Lana thing because that's totally true XD, And I will fight anyone who says you don't look good Lana, I think Oosawa!Lana is the loveliest Lana ever, I love her design and I love how sassy she is XD, she could set someone on fire with all that burn XD XD XD XD

Interesting, they are splitting armies. Also, how the fuck didn't you recognize Dew, He got buff, but he mostly looks the same.

I still headcanon that Faval is Midayle's kid and Patty is Dew's child and everyone can pry this from my cold dead fingers.

Arthur is tsundere like his mom lololol, gotta love Mahnya, she's a funny horse. It's pretty endearing to see how Arthur cares a lot about Phee.

DANGANRONPA SATAN IM DYING THAT'S HELLA ACCURATE.

I mean, what Holsety says and does in this manga totally don't match up and are are completely contradictory. Not his fault Fee gave up without putting up a fight. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tbh I struggled back and forth with using "right now" and "now" in the panel he says he has no wife or kids, because "right now" implies that it's only temporary, which effectively in the manga would be true, but that contradicts the sentence he literally just said where he's trying to make it out to be permanent. Right now would be accurate in regard to the future (thus making that scene "right" now), but that's not the point he's trying to get across. There's also the way he tells Celice loving others is precious but he needs to realize what times they're facing, and pointedly adds "especially when you're still young". Atop that, his expression. Remind you of any... young dragon whose emotions made him interfere with humans' lives??? Literally immediately after that scene, he's claiming to Oifaye that he's forsaken his family.
It's okay baby, you did your best. The pretense fell apart along the way. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Thank you too, Yurius.

I don't know if Holsety particularly liked Fury the way Levin did, but he does kiss her atop the head before he leaves SIlesia in a flashback, and while I don't know if he knew for sure whether she was actually asleep or not, either way in that case the gesture does matter.

Omg yeah. I mean I know Celice is like thinking it's similar circumstances but... sorry baby. Leaf had it a bit worse than you. Just a bit. I mean... I guess it's... sim...i...lar...? ... ...On like, a very... basic level... ...Maybe...

I think for Shanan it's just because it was so long. It really was years and years and he was just a kid back then. They both were, really, but Shanan was even younger. I'm sure it's been... hectic since he left Sigurd's group with Oifaye.

Unfortunately that's entirely not the case with this manga. Sorry. I wanted it too.

• 2 weeks later...