Fire Emblem: Ghosts of Altdorf Recruitment Thread

Chigai

Hello, people of the roleplaying thread!

Recently I and a few members have been holding an RP using Roll20, and because a few of them were disinterested after a while... They left. In their stead, we've decided to set up a recruitment thread! We're only accepting the best of the best, and for now, only 2 will be eligible to join us.

This is... Sort of a mix between Warhammer: Fantasy and Fire Emblem: Awakening. If you require backstory on either, I will direct you to one of the people with us who is a buff on all of the lore of Warhammer. As for Awakening, you are free to message me.

Fire Emblem: Ghosts of Altdorf currently has a liiiiiittle bit of plot so far. Here goes.

Our story began with the adventures of a special few after the canonical events of Fire Emblem Awakening. During one of their own explorations they inadvertently brought the end of their own world as they bridged a connection to a land that knows only war. Their original timeline destroyed by the bane of all life marked by an 8 pointed star, chaos incarnate. They returned into the past of their own world by accident. Our heroes, done to one of the original group, must now try to save their own home's reflection before it suffers from the End of times. They are not alone in this task, as from the world they traveled to they have help from a land known simply as, The Empire, know for it's engineers, sorcerers, traders, and soldiers in the old world stands as a bastion of hope and courage in the trying times against Chaos, Greenskins, and vile dark gods. As the end of times draw nearer for both worlds, The Empire, and all of existence needs heroes like ever before, for the alternative is enslavement to the laughter of thirsting gods.

Note that characters in this roleplay CAN AND WILL die. Our GM describes the enemy layout to be fitting for "Lunatic ++". Be wary. No, we won't reset, and no, we don't bring anybody back... Maybe.

For your character application, we need information about the character, back story, class, and race.

You will also need an account at roll20.net and, preferably, Skype.

Your stats will be randomly calculated by dice once you are accepted.

Our two people recruited will be decided by an anonymous user, decided by the quality of the character and their likelihood of fitting into the story. Don't be hurt if your character isn't chosen!

Note: This is an RPG. We will actually be playing some mix between Fire Emblem and Warhammer Fantasy. The system leans more towards Fire Emblem.

Other Note: Remember, any questions can be sent to me, and will be forwarded to the person deciding who gets in if necessary.

EDIT: Whoops, almost forgot! The deadline for your character submission is Monday, August 24.

EDIT 2: The deadline will be moved back if required and we are now accepting three characters.

Good luck!

Edited by Chigai

Algarwen Silvermane

Race: High Elf

Sex: Female

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 165 Lbs

Class: Swordmaster (with Bow Proficiency)

(And if you hadn't guessed, she has silver hair)

-------

Algarwen Sivermane is a High Elf blademistress known for hunting those sworn to Chaos. Those with the brand of the Dark Gods have no chance to explain themselves, nor to plea for mercy; all fall to her swift blade and deadly arrows.

A former Handmaiden of Alarielle, Algarwen witnessed firsthand the horrors of Chaos when the Dark Elves invaded Ulthuan. Frustrated by the Everqueen's lack of action, she left Ulthuan with nothing but blade and bow and anger. She pursued the Dark Elf host that killed so many of her sisters for days, nothing but the thought of vengeance pushing her on. When she finally found those she pursued, she found herself not the hunter but the hunted, downed by a surprise attack and left for dead, her lifeblood draining onto the rocks as a silent offering to Khaine.

Algarwen did not perish that day, saved from the ravages of dark poisons by some remnant of her connection to the Goddess Isha. She nursed herself back to health, praying in the name of every god she knew to grant her strength. Among those that took note was Asuryan, the Creator, king of the Cadai and lord of Elven Gods. He blessed her blade, the better to slay the champions of Chaos; and he blessed her body, to better strike at those foul beings who stood in her path.

With her body and faith restored, and with blessings from the Phoenix King swelling her confidence, Algarwen Silvermane set out with little objective other than to take from those that had sworn their lives to Chaos what they had taken from her people. Less than a year passed before her name became known to the champions those dread forces. The Everchosen himself asked for her head on a pike, but the Elven Champion he knew only as Silvermane would not be captured so easily.

-------

The screams didn't last for long. They never did. The warriors of chaos died as easily as they killed. Algarwen's thoughts were dark as she danced through the ranks of berserkers, slicing at exposed necks and arms as she spun between armored grunts, her free hand ready to grab at a hanging weapon and turn it against it's owner. The motion of her dance took her to the edge of the camp, and in a falsh of silver she disappeared into the night. Jeers and insults from the remaining Chaos Warriors followed her, but no man dared to. Seconds later, a hail of arrows streaked into the camp, Algarwen's Sisters firing into the tainted men as she drew them from the cover of their tents and into the open.

-----

The Chaos Lord begged on his knees as Algarwen stepped toward him. His glaive lay shattered on the ground, hellforged iron no match for Isha's Steel. "Money", he offered, "Power, life eternal! Whatever you want, I can give it!" Algarwen smiled, a grim upturning of her lips that didn't reach her eyes. "I want every one of you dead." The Chaos Lord gasped as Algarwen sheathed her sword in his heart.

As Algarwen sheathed her blade, one of the Sisters that had sworn to her crusade ran to meet her. "Algarwen, we've news of strangers. Imperials and others, humans, but with attire unlike any I've seen before." She nodded silently, considering. The Sigmarites could make trouble if they blundered where they didn't need to be, and this talk of strangers was all too common. Her musings were interrupted by the sound of wings rushing out of the dark. Before she had a chance to move, the High Sister was crushed by the incoming Manticore. Algarwen dove out of the way, sorrow staining her conscience even as anger drove her hand to her sword.

The Chaos Lord grinned cruelly at Algarwen from between the bars of his helmet, even as his manticore turned and began to circle her. "The Everchosen sends his regards, girl. It's time for you to meet the darkness!" Even as she prepared to charge at the manticore, she felt more than saw the second beast above her. This one didn't bother to stop, barreling straight into the forest where her Sisters were hiding. The screams that echoed forth told that it brought slaughter to her poor sisters. Algarwen faced the Chaos Lord in a cold fury, knowing that she had been betrayed. "Then I will sell my life dearly," she whispered, throwing herself toward the manticore with everything she had.

-----

Algarwen sat beneath a small overhang, breathing hard. Her fury at being betrayed was overwhelmed by her sadness at being unable to save her Sisters as they died at the hands of the second manticore. She had slain the Chaos Lord with a single blow of her blade, but the Manticore had proved more of a challenge. After killing it, she'd been forced to flee from the small army of Chaos Warriors that had arrived in the manticore's wake. She was beaten yet again by the forces of Chaos, as much as it hurt to admit it. This Archaon was a cunning general, one who would be tough to outwit. But in order to fight against a General like the Everchosen, she would need an army.

Her thoughts turned to the last words of the High Sister, whose name she did not know. 'Imperials and stranger,' she mused. Perhaps she could find a use for them, after all.

-------

BONUS CHAPTER: THE SCION OF LEGEND

Owain stretched, his time on guard duty dulling his senses. Nothing was happening, nothing out of the ordinary on this moonlit evening. Nothing at all to d-

"By the majestic beard of Hector!" The woman who had simply materialized out of the woods in front of him was definitely NOT normal. Her hair was the color of burnished silver, and she was garbed in flowing mail that seemed both light and protective at the same time. She bore a sword at her hip, a bow on her back, and from his quick inspection at least four knives stashed about her. Her pointed ears marked her as an Elf, to boot. Quite an interesting person to be walking around at night.

Owain leapt from his perch in the branches of an Oak tree and planted himself directly in the path of the strange elf. "Halt! Fair Lady, I don't want to harm you, but you can't just go walking into our camp." The Elf Maiden cocked her head, looking at him like he was crazy to stand in her path. She whispered something to herself, that sounded like "stranger indeed", but he couldn't be sure. "What brings a lady with hair of starlight here at this time of night? The Warriors of Chaos, while no match for me, can be dangerous to anyone in great numbers."

The Elf smiled, a smile which Owain noticed didn't reach her eyes. A great deal of emotion seethed behind those emerald orbs, none of it happy. "I have need of heroes," the elf said, her voice sounding almost musical in his ears. "I was told that I might find some here." Owain shrugged, almost intimidated by this Elf with eyes of hatred. "You'll have to speak to Robin. I can help you find him."

-----

Algarwen smiled to herself as she followed the overconfident buffoon into the camp. Perhaps they would be worthy allies in her fight against Archaon. More likely they would die in the place of her or any more of her Sisters. Regardless, The Everchosen had made a mistake in coming after Algarwen Silvermane, and she intended to see him punished for it.

-----

(So Algarwen isn't necessarily a nice gal now. She's in it for her, and she's in it to kill anything that worships a Chaos God. However, if you've played Fire Emblem, you'll know that sketchier people than Algarwen have fought for the forces of good **cough-Vaida-cough**, so give her a chance. Sorry I wrote so damn much, I kinda got carried away.)

(EDIT: my email address is masonschapp@gmail.com if you need to contact me, or you can PM me here. Email is more likely to get seen though.)

Edited by Mason

Okay there is some problems with this recruitment thread :

1- I don't really understand the little of back story on the universe you gave us : how does it follow the events of Awakening, just after grima was dead ; one year after ; one century ? Where does it happens ? Who are "they" ? What is the nature of the connection that relie both world ? How does the "8 pointed star" was the bane of all life, an army, a nameless abomination, everybody just disappear ? How do they travel to the past, thanks to naga ? Where is the "Empire" in the world of Awakening or Warhammer ? Because if i follow it's before both world are connected. What is the old world, Akaneia ?

2- As a t-rpg player i can't write the backstory of a character before his stats are calculated (unless it's the back story who determine the stats but it's apparently not the case here) because either my back story will risk to be incoherent with the stats either you will reroll until they make a sense and i'm not a partisan at all of that kind of rerolling. (because rerolling untill the stats suits us and the GM is just a worse manner of distributing points.)

3- On what should i base the back story, more on Fire emblem lore or Warhammer lore ? Same question for the races.

4- Does a lot of knowledge on warhammer lore is required or not ? I would also ask this question for Awakening but it has near to no lore. x)

5- Give us some context about the universe ! Is it just Awakening and Warhammer connected ? then once again how ? is there portal into the worlds ? How does the gods react ?(at least naga) How does Ylysse and Valm nations react ?(Warhammer ones have seen way worse so i think it's the lesser of their problem) We already established that the different Fire Emblem continents are more or less connected (at least Tellius and Ylysse/Akaneia are), how will this impact on the world ?

Sorry to be a killjoy but you literally ask us to be "the best of the best" when you do not give us the tools to do so (or we risk by giving too much like mason, to just be retconned by the GM because some part of the back story don't make sense in his storyline).

Edited by Izhuark

Okay there is some problems with this recruitment thread :

1- I don't really understand the little of back story on the universe you gave us : how does it follow the events of Awakening, just after grima was dead ; one year after ; one century ? Where does it happens ? Who are "they" ? What is the nature of the connection that relie both world ? How does the "8 pointed star" was the bane of all life, an army, a nameless abomination, everybody just disappear ? How do they travel to the past, thanks to naga ? Where is the "Empire" in the world of Awakening or Warhammer ? Because if i follow it's before both world are connected. What is the old world, Akaneia ?

2- As a t-rpg player i can't write the backstory of a character before his stats are calculated (unless it's the back story who determine the stats but it's apparently not the case here) because either my back story will risk to be incoherent with the stats either you will reroll until they make a sense and i'm not a partisan at all of that kind of rerolling. (because rerolling untill the stats suits us and the GM is just a worse manner of distributing points.)

3- On what should i base the back story, more on Fire emblem lore or Warhammer lore ? Same question for the races.

4- Does a lot of knowledge on warhammer lore is required or not ? I would also ask this question for Awakening but it has near to no lore. x)

5- Give us some context about the universe ! Is it just Awakening and Warhammer connected ? then once again how ? is there portal into the worlds ? How does the gods react ?(at least naga) How does Ylysse and Valm nations react ?(Warhammer ones have seen way worse so i think it's the lesser of their problem) We already established that the different Fire Emblem continents are more or less connected (at least Tellius and Ylysse/Akaneia are), how will this impact on the world ?

Sorry to be a killjoy but you literally ask us to be "the best of the best" when you do not give us the tools to do so (or we risk by giving too much like mason, to just be retconned by the GM because some part of the back story don't make sense in his storyline).

All fair questions

1. The events currently take place during the war in valm. They was the original party members who are dead, Chigai was one of them, though since they are now sead, the information would be considered meta to know. The * pointed star is the mark of Chaos undivided, to quote the lexicanum "Chaos refers to the energy which exists in an immaterial parallel universe, or alternate reality, known as the "Realm of Chaos". The Realm of Chaos is an endless sea of energy - energy which is the raw matter of the Chaos Gods, as well as of all magic. The greatest individual manifestation of Chaos are the Chaos Gods, creatures of unimaginable power and resources. They are manifestations in the Realm of Chaos of collective character traits, formed from common beliefs and emotions. Unlike the raw energy of Chaos, which is mindless, unthinking and undirected by intelligent purpose, the Chaos Gods have achieved intelligence, personality and purpose. Chaos is a seductive force. Those who embrace it find themselves increasingly corrupted by it, both spiritually and physically." Chaos, wants to enslave all life to worship the dark gods Tzeentch, Khorne, Nurgle, and Slaanesh in the major catagories. Naga had ziltch to do with time travel of the original group, it was cased when the colleges of magic in the grand city of Altdorf tried to recreate the outrealm gate through the winds of magic, a fickle thing as the result can greatly vary resulting in the groups time travel. The final one, the core of the Empire is in an outworld, though due to some events in past sessions, it as adsorbed the southern half of Plegia into a new grand county called New Drackwald.

2. This is reasonable, though I like people to create a character in mind first, your back story and class help me determine which stats get favored, and any bonuses to stats during creation. one rerolling I am kind and allow three rerolls, and I always take the highest.

3. I would base the information on what you feel most comfortable with, due to the nature of how I created the group you have the option of most fire emblem games, from 10, 8, 6, 4, and 13's universes. The warhammer lore is complex, There are 4 acceptable races, Humans, Elves, Dwarfs, and Lizardmen, for the lore on each I would direct you to Lexicanum again as the lore itself is quite long to explain, and I do not whant to take up most of the size on this forum.

4. Warhammer lore is needed for a Warhammer character, for example, you can not claim to be the ancestor of say Magnus the Pious, and an elf, for one humans and elves can not reproduce with one another, and 2, Magnus was chaste, and sired no offspring.

5. As stated in question 3, most universes that have the title fire Emblem in it are connected. Out Realm gate serves as a hub for these portals, yes I made it into a canon use for it, so one could be from a parallel world timeline or a past as an explorer for example. Valm right now is at war, Ylisse is an ally along with Ferox due to assistance granted in the last war by the new Elector Count of New Drackwald. Considering the marauding warbands of half naked marauders, and now Orcs, the Empire possibly invading the rest of the world is a minor issue. The Empire has been using this area as a new source of trade, and gathering new materials for their various wars they have to deal with at home, be it another Bretonnian invasion due to the seconded iteration of Marius Leitdorf insulted a Duke's wife, again, the ratmem skaven, coming out of their holes into a city and invading with numbers that would make the zerg proud, The Vampire counts of Slyvannia raising a horde of undead (Zombies, Skeletons, Banshees, and Zombie Dragons), Chaos acting as vikings with more dark intents than their real world counterparts, and spouting daemons where ever they could in the Empire, and Orcs just wanting a bigger waagh, have little concerns with the minor politics of the fire emblem world, since for the past 2 and a half millennia of their existence, they have been always on the brick of doom. Bretons don't care, unless you are a noble, nearby, and you have land they want, Tilea does not care, merchant republics just want gold, Estelia, does not care, they have skaven to deal with, and the other factions agendas don't change. The Empire cares on ly enough that there is chaos in those lands, something the church of Sigmar does not like to say the least, so the nearby nations excluding Valm and Plegia are allied to the Empire since the enemy of my enemy can assist me for now. Plegia had the unfortunate luck of attacking one of the Empire's first allies so it lost lands as a cost and with the other elector counts being busy in their lands, and a far off alnd would just be too much of a problem to oversee, they allowed the reformation of a new elector count.

If there are any other questions please feel free to ask, if I missed something, I was trying to be a brief as possible while hitting all the marks, so for that I am sorry.

So Sir GM Pettit has provided some interesting info, though I think a few of his points could use a bit of clarification. This is what I've gathered.

Misc)

A. The "Bad Guys" include all Chaos Aligned fantasy units, as well as Orcs, Goblins, and other Destruction aligned units, as well as Dark Elves which have allied with Slaanesh.

B. The "Good Guys" include all Imperial and Brettonian units, all Dwarven units, High Elven units, Lizardmen units and Wood elven units. Any other races fall into a neutral category that is non-playable but may be an ally later on.

C. The gaming system is played through Roll20, and is a mix of Fire Emblem and Warhammer Fantasy, leaning toward Fire Emblem.

D. Age of Sigmar is non-canon, otherwise I would be a Sigmarine.

The following is based on a response to Pettit's information.

Point 1)

A. The events of this RPG take place during the events of the "War in Valm" Story arc of Fire Emblem Awakening.

B. Naga actually did not send the Children of Destiny to the past, that was some part of the Chaos Energy that was released by Chigai and Friends (Thanks, assholes!).

C. The core of the Empire (Where the Warhammer shit used to happen) is an Outrealm that has merged into the real world, taking half of Plegia in the process. This new land is called New Drackwald.

D. Chaos is just like it is in Warhammer, with the Dark Gods Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Khorne, and Nurgle wanting to Enslave everyone to worship them and kill everyone who won't submit.

Point 2)

A. The GM will re-roll stats up to 3 times to better suit the player, though I think the backstory is more to see what you're capable of coming up with, so the group knows whether you're worth it.

Point 3/4)

A. There is not necessarily need-to-know info about any specific Fire Emblem game. Awakening would be important, as the cast of Awakening is in play right now, but apparently the universes of Sacred Stones, Radiant Era and Roy/Eliwood Era as well as FE 4/5 Era can be in play, according to the GM's whims. Chigai was able to bring Dozla into the game, for instance, although he did get brutally murdered due to said Chigai's terrible grasp on strategy.

B. The Warhammer Lore you need to know is the lore for the character you want to create. For instance, I have played High Elves in Fantasy so I know a bit of their lore, and I did a bit of research to make sure the backstory I made on my character was legit. After that, you just have to RP your character as necessary, the fearless GM leader will handle the other warhammer stuff.

Point 5)

Okay, so the universe is a little confusing. From what I understand, the game takes place IN the world of Awakening, at the time of the War in Valm arc. Ferox and Ylisse are strong allies, and Walhart the Conqueror apparently understands that he has bigger problems than Chrom + Shepherds. The rest of the info seems a little tangled, but:

*Valm is officially at war with Ylisse/Ferox and the Empire. That said, even Walhart seems to realise he has bigger problems than Chrom and Robin (especially with Chigai's tactics).
*Orcs are basically WAAGH-ing the shit out of everything in the Empire/Ylisse Continent.
*The Empire is allied with Ylisse and Regna Ferox by convenience, due to their opposition of Chaos more than any real friendship.
*The Empire used to be at war with Brettonia and Plegia, but has since turned it's attentions to Chaos, Skaven, Orcs, and anything else that needs killing. Though technically at war with Valm, they aren't really trying.
ALSO)
A. We don't really have any info about how the Gods are in this shit. How Grima and Naga feel about Sigmar and friends, or the Dark Gods, as of yet. Something I would like to know.
EDIT* I edited point 5 to suit Pettit's corrections, as well as adding a question I had for the GM.
Edited by Mason

Okay thank you for the clarification... Sorry again to bother you with my futile problems but your answers really help. Ah and for question 2 it's just that in the kind of persorn that like creating character on the stats and then details their background it help me to create them more easily and prevent me to always play the same classes like the almighty paladins ! (did i say that i love paladins ? ) Joke aside i will put my preference aside because your explanations make senses. The lore you gave me should be sufficient to do a draft anyway. Even if the lore of Warhammer is convoluted i already know one or two thing about it (mostly on the Bretons because i love the Arthurian legend) and could inform me about it. (the lack of knowledge could even be used for rp purpose.)

I should be able to put something up but i don't really understand if base my character on either franchise (in that case i will surely do knight from the Lycian kingdom) or only on Warhammer (in that case i will put up a bretonnian errant knight) and if my character should be experienced or not (because yours Mason have like Fe6 Karel level of experience lol) ?

Edited by Izhuark

Okay thank you for the clarification... Sorry again to bother you with my futile problems but your answers really help. Ah and for question 2 it's just that in the kind of persorn that like creating character on the stats and then details their background it help me to create them more easily and prevent me to always play the same classes like the almighty paladins ! (did i say that i love paladins ? ) Joke aside i will put my preference aside because your explanations make senses. The lore you gave me should be sufficient to do a draft anyway. Even if the lore of Warhammer is convoluted i already know one or two thing about it (mostly on the Bretons because i love the Arthurian legend) and could inform me about it. (the lack of knowledge could even be used for rp purpose.)

I should be able to put something up but i don't really understand if base my character on either franchise (in that case i will surely do knight from the Lycian kingdom) or only on Warhammer (in that case i will put up a bretonnian errant knight) and if my character should be experienced or not (because yours Mason have like Fe6 Karel level of experience lol) ?

Well making a Paladin from Bretonnia or the Empire is easy, there are many knightly orders from the Empire ranging from The Knights of the Blazing Sun, Knights of the white wolf, Kinights Griffon, Knights Panther, and many others. With Bretonnians half of the population is Paladins as you should know, all jokes included. Your character should have a base in one of the two worlds, and perceptions should be from that world, and near unknown about the others beyond a legend, or hearsay. To answer if they should be experienced or not, the characters are already in the promoted range so experience would be nice to fit in.

So Sir GM Pettit has provided some interesting info, though I think a few of his points could use a bit of clarification. This is what I've gathered.

Misc)

A. The "Bad Guys" include all Chaos Aligned fantasy units, as well as Orks, Goblins, and other Destruction aligned units, as well as Dark Elves which have allied with Slaanesh.

B. The "Good Guys" include all Imperial and Brettonian units, all Dwarven units, High Elven units, Lizardmen units and Wood elven units. Any other races fall into a neutral category that is non-playable but may be an ally later on.

C. The gaming system is played through Roll20, and is a mix of Fire Emblem and Warhammer Fantasy, leaning toward Fire Emblem.

D. Age of Sigmar is non-canon, otherwise I would be a Sigmarine.

The following is based on a response to Pettit's information.

Point 1)

A. The events of this RPG take place during the events of the "War in Valm" Story arc of Fire Emblem Awakening.

B. Naga actually did not send the Children of Destiny to the past, that was some part of the Chaos Energy that was released by Chigai and Friends (Thanks, assholes!).

C. The core of the Empire (Where the Warhammer shit used to happen) is an Outrealm that has merged into the real world, taking half of Plegia in the process. This new land is called New Drackwald.

D. Chaos is just like it is in Warhammer, with the Dark Gods Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Khorne, and Nurgle wanting to Enslave everyone to worship them and kill everyone who won't submit.

Point 2)

A. The GM will re-roll stats up to 3 times to better suit the player, though I think the backstory is more to see what you're capable of coming up with, so the group knows whether you're worth it.

Point 3/4)

A. There is not necessarily need-to-know info about any specific Fire Emblem game. Awakening would be important, as the cast of Awakening is in play right now, but apparently the universes of Sacred Stones, Radiant Era and Roy/Eliwood Era as well as FE 4/5 Era can be in play, according to the GM's whims. Chigai was able to bring Dozla into the game, for instance, although he did get brutally murdered due to said Chigai's terrible grasp on strategy.

B. The Warhammer Lore you need to know is the lore for the character you want to create. For instance, I have played High Elves in Fantasy so I know a bit of their lore, and I did a bit of research to make sure the backstory I made on my character was legit. After that, you just have to RP your character as necessary, the fearless GM leader will handle the other warhammer stuff.

Point 5)

Okay, so the universe is a little confusing. From what I understand, the game takes place IN the world of Awakening, at the time of the War in Valm arc. Ferox and Ylisse are strong allies, and Walhart the Conqueror apparently understands that he has bigger problems than Chrom + Shepherds. The rest of the info seems a little tangled, but:

*Valm is fighting a multi-front war with Chaos Vikings, Skaven, Brettonia, and Plegia (I think)

*Orks are berserking everywhere, basically WAAGH-ing the shit out of everything

*The Empire is allied with Ylisse and Regna Ferox by convenience, due to their opposition of Chaos

That is what I managed to gather from Pettit's response. If I need correcting, then by all means correct me. Just figured I'd try to clarify what I saw.

Sort of Walhart is still at war with all three, as the Orcs, not Orks, only just recently arrived, and Chaos is isolated mostly on the continent of Ylisse as it stands

"*Valm is fighting a multi-front war with Chaos Vikings, Skaven, Brettonia, and Plegia (I think)" This is wrong, The Empire of Mankind to differentiate it from from Valm was at war with the Bretons, and Plegia until recently, The Empire of man is at war with the Skaven, Chaos in all forms, and Orcs with their goblin counterparts, not Valm. Orcs and Goblins are waaghing up the Empire and other lands, though they did recently reach Valm though the 40k method of slamming a rock into a planet. Valm's only offical wars right now are with the Empire, Ylisse, and Regna Ferox

Version 2.0: Anyone actually coming in here, you might want to skip his post he got allot of things wrong in his assumptions, just PM me with questions instead

Edited by Lord Kommissar Petitt

Um... The deadline is extended until we've got a reasonable amount of entrants.

... Hopefully we'll actually get entrants at this rate.

EDIT: realized Petitt made a separate thread. My bad.

Edited by Chigai

Lunatic++ difficulty? Then why bother? Especially with totally randomized stats. Are we talking late game Lunatic++ where things are more balanced? Or are we talking early game Lunatic++? Which is literally impossible without relying on the gods of luck about a million times for a million miracles.

As it stands, this sounds just like it will be infuriating tbh.

Also, from the story tidbit you have, what does this have to do with Awakening? And why? Why not just make your own world at that point? :/

Honestly why use Awakening at all if we're just going to be playing unique OCs that are unrelated to Awakening?

Sorry, but don't expect me to apply when this feels, honestly, a bit poorly explained or thought out. Classes with randomized stats? So you could be a warrior with crap for Strength and horrible stats and stat growths. That just seems...stupid. This isn't DnD where you can do other things to improve your character. Stats actively matter in the one thing you're really gonna be doing, and that's fighting. I'd suggest some sort of stat minimum and a set list of base stats that the rolls improve. Otherwise it just seems like you're saying "lul let's make this super difficult because that sounds cool." without actually putting too much thought into it.

EDIT: Read a bit more of the backstory for the world now. Doesn't change my feelings that this story is leaning pretty poorly into fanfic territory. Honestly I suggest just scrapping the story and making something unique. The connections to Fire Emblem are basically "Awakening is invaded by Warhammer guys so your OC joins to fight back!" which, again, sounds really stupid and fanfic worthy.

Sorry to be so harsh, but seriously, with the randomize stats and other anti-player this looks to setup, why bother if it has nothing unique about and instead has to steal two random franchises to attempt to be unique?

Edited by North888