Staff of Ages (SoAXNA v0.1 out now!)

InvdrZim13

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like what I see. Especially Axel's new beard.

Yeah, Alusq has been a big help with touching up the older portraits and making them look much nicer.

In other news I (finally) have a bit of writing to insert into the game, so the prologue (which is now 1-1, since multiple arcs) is getting there in terms of completion. Optimistically I'll have the rewrite stuff done up to where we were before the rewrite stuff happened (which would now be 1-7) before FEE3 and will be able to show off some new stuff for it. Realistically I dunno, it depends on how much writing ends up getting done.

Owen is beautiful now

It took a moment before I even recognized him. Though I have to ask, what's the red parts on his sleeves supposed to be? I first thought it was part of his cape, due to the colour, but on closer inspection that doesn't seem to be it.

It took a moment before I even recognized him. Though I have to ask, what's the red parts on his sleeves supposed to be? I first thought it was part of his cape, due to the colour, but on closer inspection that doesn't seem to be it.

I think Toa just gave him colored arm-band things for flair, or something to that effect.

Need a hand writing?

Send me a sample/some references and I'll pass it along to the writing team for review.

So, current plans:

A patch containing up to 1-7 (which is mostly old stuff, 1-1 to 1-3 are new maps we added for rewrite purposes, 1-4 to 1-7 are the old demo chapters except updated to match the rewrite stuff) should be out by or before the end of June.

The current goal is to release the end of Arc 1 (aka Crown of Thorns) for FEE3 (as in, that patch will go up when our video goes up), arc 1 is planned to be 12 chapters total, and this release date gives us plenty of time to fine tune and improve what we have based on feedback from playtesting.

After that will be a route split, one following Owen and the other following Sawyer, which will be about 8 chapters each, and after that the final arc, which is planned to be 10 chapters, making it a nice even 30 chapters per playthrough.

Edited by InvdrZim13

53MJdfE.png

The first 3 maps have drafts done for writing and are just waiting for revisions right now, 1-1 has the eventing mostly completed, and that's already a good chunk of what we need to finish for the first release, so I'm feeling pretty good about making these deadlines.

Fingers crossed for no delays

Hexing rods courtesy of Datagne.

mtVG4pE.gif

Now I'm almost getting kind of nervous (berserk wielding FE6 druids have taught me to fear status-staffs). What happens when you get hexed?

Now I'm almost getting kind of nervous (berserk wielding FE6 druids have taught me to fear status-staffs). What happens when you get hexed?

Your hp is cut in half for the duration of the chapter.

It's not a status, there's no way to restore it without beating the map.

Ooooh. Maybe. Those would be pretty evil.

I'd say those hexing staves sounds pretty evil already (is it possible for multiple hexes to stack?).

I'll just pray enemy staves won't be as near omnipresent as in some parts of FE6.

I'd say those hexing staves sounds pretty evil already (is it possible for multiple hexes to stack?).

I'll just pray enemy staves won't be as near omnipresent as in some parts of FE6.

Hexes will not stack.

They also won't show up super often, maybe 3 or 4 chapters in the entire game.

Also the more evil the better. Gotta make people think and plan their movies carefully.

That sounds manageable. While it's a long time since I played FE6, I think one of my main issues with the berserk wielding druids was that the game kept repeating the same kind of set-up almost regularly.

But the hexing rod isn't a status... so other status staves could still ruin your day :D

At's long as it's not constant berserk...

My beef with that status is that it's practically impossible to deal with if you're not able to cure it IMMEDIATELY.

At's long as it's not constant berserk...

My beef with that status is that it's practically impossible to deal with if you're not able to cure it IMMEDIATELY.

There'll be a restore staff available before they start showing up for sure