Staff of Ages (SoAXNA v0.1 out now!)

InvdrZim13

10 hours ago, DRAGUEN said:

The new format will have something like a Fast-forward option?

XNA doesn't have a fast forward function, unsure if Yeti will add one or not down the line but from what I've been told it's not as easy as it sounds.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BakanGin said:

i have found that the VBA emulator has a fast forward funtion by pressing +

He's asking about XNA not VBA, emulators have fast forward but XNA isn't an emulator and therefore doesn't.

16 hours ago, Chocolate Kitty said:

XNA does have one, just the spacebar. Skipping battles can be done with just the enter key.

I remember that working for development stuff but not the released games. Despite having spacebar set as fast forward for everything maybe I just never tried with XNA lol

16 hours ago, Chocolate Kitty said:

..This isn't the first XNA project either; go play fe7x people

Or Fractured Realms don't worry skitty I'll shill for you

EDIT: Yeti told me it's possible to enable fast forward for normal releases but it can crash or cause bugs in rare cases

Edited by InvdrZim13

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there! I just got into this recently and I just wanna say I am LOVING it so far. The music, character designs, game play, and the writing are all so fantastic! Really happy with this project can't wait to see it completed! If you ever set up some sort of donation I would gladly donate 

14 hours ago, Zihark72 said:

Hey there! I just got into this recently and I just wanna say I am LOVING it so far. The music, character designs, game play, and the writing are all so fantastic! Really happy with this project can't wait to see it completed! If you ever set up some sort of donation I would gladly donate 

Glad you enjoy it, but I don't see us ever setting up a donation system. Knowing people enjoy it is enough for us.

In other news, the current plan for the route split is keeping everything the same, but given how FEXNA works (every chapter is replayable at any time, see image below)

ftC6avo.png 

We have to implement something to prevent playing both at the same time, and the current thought is some sort of midpoint chapter similar to Aftermath where you will choose who to follow. This chapter will also prompt a warning that selecting one route will remove the existing save data for whatever route you've chosen. This is to prevent any weird continuity headaches while keeping the general workload about the same for us with regards to the split.

In addition, given how 1-3 and 1-4 happen at about the same time, completing 1-2 will unlock both maps at the same time, allowing the player to choose which one to complete first. This also applies for 1-5 and 1-6, the rest of the chapters are all sequential. 

17 minutes ago, InvdrZim13 said:

This chapter will also prompt a warning that selecting one route will remove the existing save data for whatever route you've chose

Why not let the players  players both then choose what to carry over? FE7x does iirc, you can choose what chapter data you can continue with on certain chapters

Unbenannt.PNG

Edited by Shrimperor

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Why not let the players  players both then choose what to carry over? FE7x does iirc, you can choose what chapter data you can continue with on certain chapters

We were going to but we liked this idea more, mainly because we didn't want to bother with picking people for a certain route or designing characters to replace Kane's group in Owen's route to have the continuity not be funky.

14 minutes ago, Tribute said:

Is there a way to work this on a phone like you can with GBA emulators?

I don't think the Android version of FEXNA is particularly functional. So at the moment not really.

2 hours ago, _Mint_ said:

So this is in FEXNA? That means one wouldn’t need to patch FE8 like it mentions in the initial post, just download and run the executable, correct?

That's correct, the post will be updated once there is a public FEXNA release.

Just started the game up and played the first five chapters 

So far I love it

The story is compelling, characterization is good so far(all the talk conversations are great additions that flesh out the cast), the maps are fair and fun, and I love a lot of the custom animations.

Can't wait to continue tomorrow and eventually watch the rest of development. The project so far is wonderful and I wish you luck on further development.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, A_Reliable_Chair said:

With the transition to FEXNA you get released from the shackles of the garbo GBA music limitations in favor of the infinitely superior .ogg format. Is the music going to be changed accordingly? 

We're probably going to keep it close to the same for a similar feeling to gba

2 hours ago, nikisew said:

Is it somehow possible to get notifications if a new Part or other informations are out ?

You can follow the topic to get a notification when a new post is made, which isn't specifically updates but it's better than nothing.