Staff of Ages (SoAXNA v0.1 out now!)

InvdrZim13

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks, the next update is going to be more significant than we initially planned, so it's going to take a bit before it's done (given the lack of salvaged paladin being complete still we're just ignoring the palettes for now and will shove them in later whenever this version is ready to ship). We'll have more details in the future, hopefully you like it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just finished playing the most recent version, and I took Owen's route and just promoted my characters in the last playable chapter. My question is will I be able to continue where I left off once the completed version is out, or do I just have to restart altogether? Thanks in advance!

8 hours ago, jpalomo_1 said:

Hi, I just finished playing the most recent version, and I took Owen's route and just promoted my characters in the last playable chapter. My question is will I be able to continue where I left off once the completed version is out, or do I just have to restart altogether? Thanks in advance!

Whenever there are radical changes in a hack, it's always advised to start over. While I have no idea if doing so will actually be required for the next version, I've seen this happen, or rather NEED to happen, many times, so I suggest you keep your expectations low on this one. You'll probably have to do everything again from scratch.

2 hours ago, Teku said:

From that picture are we getting a custom cutscene :o: ? that is cool

Not exactly. It's a lot more significant than that.

14 hours ago, jpalomo_1 said:

You'll have to start over, this will probably be the last time a restart will be required.

17 minutes ago, BakanGin said:

Question: How many acts do you plan to add and does this hack offer supports?

Three act play, but we offer a choice for the second, a la Owen versus Sawyer.

This hack DOES offer supports. Possibly even written ones.

Edited by Walker

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm kinda new to the overall community and what not, but I'm really interested in this rom hack.

Only ROM hacks I played was The Last Promise, Master version of FE8, and a few randomized runs.

I'm probably going to try this since I just finished Master version of FE8 the other day, really excited cause I've seen good things about this one so far

Hopefully things go well and good luck to the development team on their continued efforts! :D:

(Also, damn that Mercenary above, really love the design lol)

Will it still be playable on a normal emulator like visual boy advance though? 

That's a problem with a fe7x, you can't play it on your phone and that's a missed opportunity I find. Let's hope you'll figure that out :o

7 hours ago, Azoar said:

Will it still be playable on a normal emulator like visual boy advance though? 

XNA games don't work with emulators, they're their own executable. There's an android version of fe7x last I checked but I don't know what the current state of that is, it will likely not be playable on phones for a while.

On 1/28/2019 at 8:29 PM, InvdrZim13 said:

XNA games don't work with emulators, they're their own executable. There's an android version of fe7x last I checked but I don't know what the current state of that is, it will likely not be playable on phones for a while.

So wait, how would we play this game?

1 hour ago, Hernj5600 said:

So wait, how would we play this game?

You'd extract all the game's files to a folder and run the .exe file inside. It's a lot of files, but you only really need to worry about that main .exe file.

Edited by SirNicee