[SOLVED][FE7] Expanding Entries in Nightmare problem

Avril Lavigne

Hey there, back again. Was expanding the entries in Nightmare followed the tutorial http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=51147

1. Changed the entry amount to 200 and pointer in the .nmm file (it was the Item Editor, if you're wondering) I also pointed it to 10AC500, so this is at the end of the ROM

2. Then I did the whole multiply the bytes by the original number of the entries. (36 x 159 = 5724 Dec = 165C Hex)

3. Selected the block from BE222C (original pointer in Item Editor) in the length of 165C, copied, and wrote to 10AC500

4. Then replaced the old pointers to my new offset, and I believe I did it right because my weapons appeared to have all the correct properties in Nightmare--when the entries were at 159 in the .nmm file--and worked in the ROM...don't think this step was the problem: (Replace: 2c22be08 ----with----> 00C50A09 //the endian trick thingy) 62 occurrences for this.

5. Tried opening the module when the entries were at 200 in the .nmm file and it said that the module is not compatible with the ROM.

So I basically did exactly what the OP did so I could see that it worked in the first place.... and it did not work in Nightmare. It appeared to be when I edited the amount of entries it automatically thinks that it's not compatible. Cause I changed it to 160 entries and it still didn't work. Obviously I'm not gonna try changing it to 158 because I'm trying to expand my entries. Just telling you what I did. Just hoping there IS a fix for this.

HELP!

Please and Thanks

Edited by Avril Lavigne

Changed the entry amount to 200 and pointer in the .nmm file (it was the Item Editor, if you're wondering) I also pointed it to 10AC500, so this is at the end of the ROM

Possibly this is the main problem. If you're using the original Nightmare, remember that it does not expand the ROM.

Try expanding the ROM first (in your case, until 0x10AC500 + 0x1C20).

Possibly this is the main problem. If you're using the original Nightmare, remember that it does not expand the ROM.

Try expanding the ROM first (in your case, until 0x10AC500 + 0x1C20).

Hmmm yes it seems to work now. I guess I just didn't have enough data written to the end where Nightmare could read. Thanks