Choosing the Best Class for Takumi (Round 7)

Jayvee94

Which is the best class for Takumi?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Optimization Poll: Which is the optimal class for Takumi?

• Basara
    • Blacksmith
    • Butler
    • Dark Knight
    • Exorcist
    • Falcon Warrior
    • Golden-Kite Warrior
    • Great Merchant
    • Holy Bowman
    • Holy Lancer
    • Jonin
    • Puppeteer
    • Revenant Knight
    • Shura
    • Sorcerer
    • Strategist
    • Trueblade
    • Weapon Master
    • Wyvern Lord
  2. 2. Practicality Poll (Hoshido): Which is the most practical class for Takumi in the Hoshido campaign?

• Basara
    • Blacksmith
    • Butler
    • Exorcist
    • Falcon Warrior
    • Golden-Kite Warrior
    • Great Merchant
    • Holy Bowman
    • Holy Lancer
    • Jonin
    • Puppeteer
    • Shura
    • Strategist
    • Trueblade
    • Weapon Master
    • I don't really know.
  3. 3. Preference Poll: Which class do you like the best for Takumi?

• Basara
    • Blacksmith
    • Butler
    • Dark Knight
    • Exorcist
    • Falcon Warrior
    • Golden-Kite Warrior
    • Great Merchant
    • Holy Bowman
    • Holy Lancer
    • Jonin
    • Puppeteer
    • Revenant Knight
    • Shura
    • Sorcerer
    • Strategist
    • Trueblade
    • Weapon Master
    • Wyvern Lord
    • He's fine with any class
  4. 4. DLC Poll: Which DLC class do you like the best for Takumi?

• Ballistician
    • Dark Falcon
    • Dread Fighter
    • Lodestar
    • Vanguard
    • I don't plan on using DLC classes.
  5. 5. Optional Poll: Which character would you like to vote on next round?

• Hinoka
    • Camilla
    • Elise
    • Kaze
    • Nishiki
    • Rinkah
    • Nyx
    • Sakura
    • Xander
    • Tsukuyomi
    • Ryoma
    • Benoit
    • I don't really care.

Takumi. Prince of Hoshido Wielder of the legendary Fuujin Bow. Prone to violent mood swings and desperately seeks to be the centre of attention. Although he appears mentally weak, he has a friendly side, which catches people off-guard. Has the worst dreams.

[spoiler=Marriage/Buddy Seals]

Spoiler (Marriage/Buddy Seals)

A Marriage/Buddy seal allows a unit to reclass into one of the select class trees of his spouse (S support) or buddy (A+ support). A unit may only achieve an S support with units of the opposite gender (exc. Kamui, Syalla, Zero), and may only achieve an A+ support with units of the same gender.

(The credit for the following information goes to Gayserbeam, as I copied the wording of his explanation. Check out the Class Changing and Inheritance Thread for more information.

1. If the user’s Primary Class is different than their Spouse’s/Buddy’s Primary Class, then the Marriage/Buddy Seal will reclass them to the Spouse’s/Buddy’s Primary Class, even if the user has that class as a Secondary Class already.

2. If the user’s Primary Class is the same as their Spouse’s/Buddy’s Primary Class, then the Marriage/Buddy Seal will reclass them to the Spouse’s/Buddy’s Secondary Class.

3. If the user is married or buddied with a unit who has an unlearnable class, then the Marriage/Buddy Seal will reclass them to the Spouse’s/Buddy’s Secondary Class.

1. An unlearnable class is a class that may be unique to a character or their children. The following units have unlearnable classes: Nishiki (Fox Spirit), Flannel (Garou), Azura (Singer), Mozume (Villager).

4. If the user is married or buddied with a unit who has an unlearnable class, and their Primary Class is the same as their Spouse’s/Buddy’s Secondary Class, then the Marriage/Buddy Seal will reclass them to the Spouse’s/Buddy’s Substitute Class.

1. A Substitute Class is simply a select class a character with an unlearnable class passes down under certain circumstances. The following units have Substitute Classes: Nishiki (Herb Merchant), Flannel (Outlaw), Azura (Rod Knight), Mozume (Herb Merchant).

If you’re still confused, let me use Takumi as an example to try and clarify matters!

1. Takumi/Hana: Takumi’s Primary Class is Bowman, and Hana’s is Samurai. Therefore, Takumi would Marriage Seal into Samurai.

1. Takumi/Oboro: Takumi’s Primary Class is Bowman, and Oboro’s is Lance Fighter. Therefore, Takumi would Marriage Seal into Lance Fighter. As Takumi’s Secondary Class is Lance Fighter, he would not receive a new class tree from Oboro.

2. Takumi/Setsuna: Takumi’s Primary Class is Bowman, and Setsuna’s is Bowman. Therefore, Takumi would Marriage Seal into Setsuna’s Secondary Class-- Ninja.

3. Takumi/Azura: As Azura’s Primary Class is Singer, an unlearnable class, Takumi would Marriage Seal into her Secondary Class-- Pegasus Warrior.

4. Takumi/Mozume: Mozume’s Primary Class is Villager, an unlearnable class. Takumi’s Primary Class is Bowman, and Mozume’s Secondary Class is Bowman. Therefore, Takumi would Marriage Seal into her Substitute Class-- Herb Merchant.

[spoiler=Possible Classes]

• Classes in red are ones Takumi can only achieve in either the Hoshido or the Invisible Kingdom campaign.
  • Classes in blue are ones Takumi can only achieve in the Invisible Kingdom campaign

Base Classes (8H, 3N, 11T)

• Bowman
  • Dark Mage
  • Herb Merchant
  • Lance Bowman
  • Ninja
  • Oni Savage
  • Pegasus Warrior
  • Rod Knight
  • Samurai
  • Spellcaster
  • Wyvern Rider

Promoted Classes (13H, 6N, 19T)

• Basara
  • Blacksmith
  • Butler
  • Dark Knight
  • Exorcist
  • Falcon Warrior
  • Golden-Kite Warrior
  • Great Merchant
  • Holy Bowman
  • Holy Lancer
  • Jonin
  • Puppeteer
  • Revenant Knight
  • Shura
  • Sorcerer
  • Strategist
  • Trueblade
  • Weapon Master
  • Wyvern Lord

[spoiler=Expansion of Possible Classes]
Primary Base Class:
Bowman
Primary Promoted Classes: Golden-Kite Warrior, Holy Bowman
Secondary Base Class: Lance Bowman
Secondary Promoted Classes: Basara, Holy Lancer

Marriage Seal Classes: These are organized alphabetically based on the localized names of the spouses. we listed the Hoshido characters first, the Nohr characters second, and the shared characters last.

• Hana: Samurai -> Trueblade, Weapon Master
  • Kagerou: Ninja -> Jonin, Puppeteer
  • Oboro: n/a
  • Orochi: Spellcaster -> Basara, Exorcist
  • Rinka: Oni Savage -> Blacksmith, Shura
  • Setsuna: Ninja -> Jonin, Puppeteer​

• Camilla: Wyvern Rider -> Revenant Knight, Wyvern Lord
  • Elise: Rod Knight -> Butler, Strategist

• Azura: Pegasus Warrior -> Falcon Warrior, Golden-Kite Warrior
  • Felicia: Rod Knight -> Butler, Strategist
  • Mozume: Herb Merchant -> Great Merchant, Puppeteer

Buddy Seal Classes: These are organized alphabetically based on the localized names of the buddies. we listed the Hoshido characters first, the Nohr characters second, and the shared characters last.

• Hinata: Samurai -> Trueblade, Weapon Master
  • Jakob: Rod Knight -> Butler, Strategist
  • Leo: Dark Mage -> Dark Knight, Sorcerer
  • Ryoma: Samurai -> Trueblade, Weapon Master

[spoiler=Notice]
In the previous optional poll, Elise placed second, and Hinoka, Kaze, Nishiki, and Rinka all tied for third. Therefore, Elise gets 3 votes and Hinoka, Kaze, Nishiki and Rinkah get 1 vote each.
Flannel received no votes so he'll be out in this poll he will return in Round 9
Ryoma and Benoit have been added back to the poll. if it is demonstrated again is that the forum is not interested in them, they will be out for 4 rounds, they would return round 12

[spoiler=Possible Skills]

Personal Skill: Rivalry: When user is the lead unit and their Level is lower than their support unit’s Level, Critical rate +10, damage +3 and damage received -1

Skills are organized alphabetically based on the classes. Within the classes, skills are listed in the order of achievement (e.g. a GK earns Luna at Lvl. 5 and Diamond Strike at Lvl. 15, so Luna is listed before Diamond Strike).

Base class skills are listed before promoted class skills. Descriptions of skills Takumi can acquire through her primary and secondary class trees are listed below.

Descriptions of all the skills are located on the skills pages.

Base Classes Skills

• Bowman: Skill +2, Prescient Victory
  • Dark Mage: Bind, Devilish Wind
  • Herb Merchant: Effective Medicine, Household Cure
  • Lance Bowman: Defence Seal, Substitute
  • Ninja: Locktouch, Snake Venom
  • Oni Savage: Resistance Seal, Shove
  • Pegasus Warrior: Swallow Strike, Eastern Heart
  • Rod Knight: Resistance +2, Distinguished Son
  • Samurai: Flowing Strike, Vantage
  • Spellcaster: Magic +2, Fortune
  • Wyvern Rider: Strength +2, Cut Through

Promoted Classes Skills

• Basara: Breaking Sky, Flamboyant
  • Blacksmith: Smithy Skill, Lancebreaker
  • Butler: Servant's Joy, Tomebreaker
  • Dark Knight: Magic Seal, Lifetaker
  • Exorcist: Rally Magic, Tomefaire
  • Falcon Warrior: Rally Speed, Mirror Strike
  • Golden-Kite Warrior: Soar, Sun God
  • Great Merchant: Easy Life, Extravagance
  • Holy Bowman: Raven Strike, Bowfaire
  • Holy Lancer: Speed Seal, Lancefaire
  • Jonin: Lethality, Kunaifaire
  • Puppeteer: Puppet Break, Copycat Pupper
  • Revenant Knight: Deadly Breath, Overbearing
  • Shura: Ogre Strike, Counter
  • Sorcerer: Vengeance, Bowbreaker
  • Strategist: Rally Resistance, Battle Command
  • Trueblade: Astra, Swordfaire
  • Weapon Master: Strength Seal, Line of Death
  • Wyvern Lord: Rally Defence, Sword Breaker

Skill +2: Skill +2.

Prescient Victory: When user triggers the battle, damage +4

Raven Strike: When user triggers the battle, Hit rate +40

Bowfaire: When user is equipped with a Bow, damage +5 during battle

Soar: Hit rate and Avoid +30 when facing Flying enemies

Sun god: Allies within a 2 tile radius recover 20% HP at the start of the user’s Turn

Defence Seal: After battle, enemy's defense -6

Substitute: Select the “Substitute” command to swap places with an adjacent ally on the map

Breaking Sky: Skill x 1.5% chance of adding half the enemy’s Strength (if user has a physical weapon) or Magic (if user has a magical weapon) as damage

Flamboyant: User and enemy’s Hit rate +30 and skill activation rate +15% during battle

Speed Seal: After battle, enemy’s Speed -6

Lancefaire: When user is equipped with a Lance, damage +5 during battle

[spoiler=Summary]

Well. I'm not surprised.

Optimal Class

1. Holy Bowman [93.33%]

3. Golden-Kite Warrior [2.22%]

3. Holy Lancer [2.22%]

3. Puppeteer [2.22%]

Practical (Hoshido)

1. Holy Bowman[84.44%]

2.5 Golden-Kite Warrior [4.44%]

2.5 Puppeteer [4.44%]

Preferred

1. Holy Bowman [75.56%]

2. Golden-Kite Warrior [6.67%]

3. Trueblade [4.44%]

DLC classes

1. Ballistician [86.67%]

2. Dread Fighter [4.44%]

3. Vanguard [2.22%]

Next poll

1. Elise (8+3)[17.78%]

2. Hinoka (6+1)[13.33%]

3. Kaze (5+1)[11.11%]

So next poll we will be voting for Elise

Edited by Jayvee94

Mostly interested in the applications of Ballistician Takumi (Tankumi), as from what I see, the class is pretty powerful overall, and the Fuujin Bow saves him a Skill Slot in this class. Edited by Jakkun

While I think Holy Bowman is overall the class you'd normally wanna go with, I'm very interested in Takumi as a Trueblade. Not only because he's a critical hitting machine, but he gets a unique model as one that looks way too good to pass up on. Plus, it's easy enough to get his supports with Hinata up to give him access to that class.

Although, one class I feel tempted to use him in is Great Merchant. If only for my love of spears and bows with a little curiosity.

Holy Bowman's probably the best for him~ I'll, if I use him in Hoshido, probably end up making him a Holy Lancer since I don't care too much for Archers or Snipers. Though, for a final class, I definitely want to use THE TANKUMI!

I say Holy Bowman.

Holy Bowman feels like a slight waste since Takumi doesn't need that S-Rank anyways, but there really isn't another bow-using class that's better for him than Holy Bowman. GKW has worse caps in nearly every area while Herb Merchant and Puppeteer have useful skills but have comparably slow, so you won't stay in those classes permanently.

I suppose Bow Knight isn't a half-bad choice, but he needs to marry the Avatar to get it, so that's really not a practical answer.

This sounds good, as I want to use this angry prince when the games are out in english... But...

• Oboro: n/a

Sorry for my ignorance, but didn't Oboro pass him the Herb Merchant class? I still don't understand everything about the seals, but I had that impression at first.

Anyway, I really like the idea of TANKumi, but the class is good?

This sounds good, as I want to use this angry prince when the games are out in english... But...

Sorry for my ignorance, but didn't Oboro pass him the Herb Merchant class? I still don't understand everything about the seals, but I had that impression at first.

Unfortunately, he receives Lance Fighter from Oboro, which he already has. That's because they don't have the same primary class.

Unfortunately, he receives Lance Fighter from Oboro, which he already has. That's because they don't have the same primary class.

But I thought that wasn't the case; if the character already has the primary class, they get the secondary; and if they have the secondary as well, they get a "hidden" class.

TANKUMI is all you need for world domination. If I learn how, or anyone's willing to do so, I'd likr to see Takumi's Ballistician model changed to his Trueblade Armour, while keeping the Tank. Im my head this looks reallly friggin amazing. Hell, I may even draw that.

As for the class itself, It appears to be pretty good, if at least borderline OP. Not really sure how it functions, but it has a Built-in Ballista (hence the name), so if you don't want to attack at 2 Range, you have a reliable AoE option. Its also pretty tanky, not sure if it counts as an Armoured unit though. Also its worth noting that one of Ballistician's skills can be skipped on TANKUMI because its effect is the same as the Fuujin Bow's.

I think Linkmstr had a video showcasing it, I'll link it when I find it.

(Edited because mobile sux)

Edited by Jakkun

I have updated my first post above, please read.

Oh Thank you! Now I understand this reclass thing better!

Tankumi sounds better every day, and yeah it looks that it will be a bit slow, but the idea of a mini tank makes me say "sorry stats!" , I'm not good at optimization anyway

The only Takumi you'll be using in game is Holy Bowman Takumi since his offense gets pretty ridiculous and S Rank has weapon rank bonus. Though I married him to Kagerou so he may have been a good pupeteer. Golden Kite Warrior also has some niches but Holy Bowman's raw offense appeals to me more.

(The pic is from my Lunatic playthrough).

Edited by Ownagepuffs

Enemies aren't that fast towards the end save for Zerkers, Bow Knights, and Heroes who have 27. For reference, in the last chapter, Wyvern Lords have 21 speed, Revenants have 15, Dark Knights have 15, Great Knights have 16, Valkyries have 24 and Generals have 11.

Tankumi > Critkumi.

He can forgo All-Terrain because of Fuujin Bow, but that does mean he'll only have 4 Movement...

In which case, its probably best to pair him up with a Bow Knight or something. Doing that will also patch up the loss of Speed and Skill that he would have as a Holy Bowman as well.