Series 3 Packaging Preview and Release Date

Hardin

So I'm not allowed to be annoyed at all just because Jugdral and Elibe fans haven't been satisified yet? lol wow. I understand their frustrations, but how am I the one being "self-entitled" when you're saying that only Jugdral and Elibe fans should be frustrated? I'm not saying that PoR cards being released doesn't make me happy, it does make me happy. But I thought RD would be released with it because they're both Tellius and I still think that's how it should've been done. Why can't I be upset that this wasn't the way it was done?

Also, I just said that instead of a second Awakening set, Elibe or Magvel should've been done.

Eh, it was also announced before the release of Cipher as a whole that set 3 would be Path of Radiance, not FE9+10. (Don;t forget Japanese people don't really like FE10)

Set 1 was also FE1 excluding 3, so it was also to be expected we wouldn't get FE10.

And now stop twisting my words.

See, I thought it said that set 3 would be Tellius and Fates, not just PoR and Fates. I guess I misheard the info then...

I wasn't twisting anyone's words. Also, I think it's more so that not many Japanese got to play RD. A lot of the Japanese people that commented on Ike's appearance in Smash Wii U/3DS didn't even recognize the design.

Edited by Anacybele

Awakening getting a second set is to entice the players who bought the original set/awakening fans to continue to buy in.

Japanese TCGS tends to introduce new factions but at the same time they bring back old factions so those players with older cards continue to buy in and intermix their cards and not have to completely buy into a new set. It's not about fairness to fans of the games, it's about making a healthy card game that can survive.

Awakening getting a second set is to entice the players who bought the original set/awakening fans to continue to buy in.

Japanese TCGS tends to introduce new factions but at the same time they bring back old factions so those players with older cards continue to buy in and intermix their cards and not have to completely buy into a new set. It's not about fairness to fans of the games, it's about making a healthy card game that can survive.

Was just about to say this. The first couple of sets are introducing the game while using the three most popular continents to get people to start playing and then they are going and introducing new builds while supporting old ones, as they need to keep people buying the sets. They have to not only get people to buy, but also get people who already invested to continue buying.

Also, they shouldn't make a whole set just one color. It would be bad for trading. If there was only green this set, then only people who like Tellius will buy it and since everyone wants most cards, few will trade. I've seen this happen in CFV with boosters that only have one clan. The rare and meta cards from those sets tend to be worth more than usual since a vast majority of those who obtained them likely want them. With two (probably three, though) colors, both Fates and PoR fans will buy the set and trade away the colors they don't want for ones they do want.

One starter does likely mean that the Fates cards are still Black and White. It would be healthy for this type of game to give out a starter deck whenever they introduce a new color, to help get people to start playing with said color. Without knowing how the IK side works (please, no spoilers), I suspect that these cards will make the set 25% White, 25% Black, and 50% Green with the White and Black cards facilitating a mix of the two colors, which is in contrast to the fact that the set 2 cards like to be by themselves. Would be interesting while making a new deck at the same time.

And the fact that they have yet to say what the third game in the fourth set leads me to believe they are trying to build suspense for something unexpected. Best guess I have is SMTxFE, as that would be around the time they would be promoting it and would be a neat surprise. I mean, it's just, everyone expects all the FE games eventually, but not necessarily that game, you know?

I think it's fine that they separate the support of both games, that way you can expect more support for your deck sooner rather than later

I'm assuming of course that Radiant Dawn cards will also be Green, and Mystery of the Emblem will be Red (any words on this?)

I think it's fine that they separate the support of both games, that way you can expect more support for your deck sooner rather than later

I'm assuming of course that Radiant Dawn cards will also be Green, and Mystery of the Emblem will be Red (any words on this?)

While this is FAR from definitive, the Series 4 Minerva art they showed would look generally terrible in any color frame besides red. Besides, this is a fair way to add more support. And yeah, Awakening isn't doing so hot right now and likely won't until that set. Plus, one can look forward to the fact that it'll be most likely filled with characters that didn't get cards last time, due to the fact that the first character they showed off was Cynthia.

For those interested, both booster boxes and the pre-con deck are both now up for pre-order on AmiAmi. I've got my order in. :3

Gee thanks ^-^, preordered mine too :3 , I bet that RD will be the same color than PoR to keep up the green color as support, and a new color will be implemented for FE6 and FE7 (Roy's popular too lol) xD.