Post your Super Mario Maker levels!

Alex95

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you make it so that when exiting a pipe in the air from below, the camera stays BELOW the pipe instead of showing the area above the pipe?

In other words, SMB 1-2 Mario exits the pipe, and the camera only shows BELOW the pipe. In Super Mario Maker it's weird because sometimes it does this, and sometimes it doesn't, and I have no idea how to actually make it do either on my own without hoping for one or the other.

Does that make any sense?

EDIT: Figured it out. I had a lone block is the upper corner of my level.

Edited by Deviddo

I've created that Ike-themed level I mentioned before! It's called Level Ike. Here's the code: 04BB-0000-0025-1A68

It's not really hard, I think. lol But I tried not to make it too easy either. Besides, you can find a few challenges in this:

- Grab the first hidden Ike mushroom you find and try to complete the level without losing it. (There are two Ike mushrooms total.)

- Grab every coin from the coin messages (I've tested this out already, don't worry, it's fully possible).

- At the end of the course, try hitting the green Koopa trapped with a bunch of Goombas and Spinies without losing your Ike costume/dying.

- Try to do all of the above in one go!

There's also a hidden 1-up mushroom. Seek that out too, if you'd like! And of course, there's jumping to the tip top of the flag pole, every Mario player tries that, right? ;P

Edited by Anacybele

SMB 1-2: 0384 - 0000 - 0025 - 9E8D

I took plenty of liberties with this one to actually give you a reward (or lack there of) for accessing the warp zone.

Also known as I really ripped off the remix level you find in 10 Mario mode.

I just played your SMB 1-1, Deviddo, and it's pretty much a perfect remake! Good job! :)

I also did your vertical castle, Jave, and boy, that was a challenge. I wasn't sure if I'd ever beat it, but it only took three tries. Still, it was tough!

I noticed two people played my Ike level, but got no comments or stars... I guess it needs improvement. xP

Water Hazard

3A2E-0000-001F-4E38

You can see my other levels by just clicking on me... I'm still getting used to this quality is a bit hit and miss lol.

My friend Michael likes complex levels lol.

Pipeline Reef

30BF-0000-0019-B5EB

Check his other ones out too.

I just tried that Water Hazard, Jedi, I got close, dang it. XD I have to go out in a few minutes though, so I'll have to try again later.

A third person played Level Ike, but sill no stars or comments... What could be improved on it? I'm just curious if anyone liked it, is all. :P

I made a level heavily inspired and based off of the first level in SMB2 USA:

02ED - 0000 - 0027 - 341F

I'm going to go ahead and start playing the levels you guys made here pretty soon.

Gonna throw down two of my airship levels. Feedback would be nice they are far from perfect lol.

Airship Assault

FB81-0000-0026-7FC2

Bowsers vanguard

886D-0000-0027-A8AE

Also I'll start plugging your levels all in.

I just tried that Water Hazard, Jedi, I got close, dang it. XD I have to go out in a few minutes though, so I'll have to try again later.

A third person played Level Ike, but sill no stars or comments... What could be improved on it? I'm just curious if anyone liked it, is all. :P

I'm actually glad with how the stage turned out. Hope its not unfair, I wanted it to be somewhat challenging but also be fair. I'll play your Ike level and see what I can say about it shortly.

Thanks for the feedback Jedi!

And yeah, the fire bar is a little cheap, there was supposed to be more fire bars actually.

I'm particulary proud of this level, especially the "Thwomp puzzle" at the beginning. Did thought it was intereting?

I also noticed that many people that played my levels, really liked my Yoshi vs Bowser level, which suprised me, since I thought it could have been better, but I'm really happy that people liked it, it actually took a lot of work to create a boss battle setting.

I was going to play your level, but then my brother took the Pad from me. Oh, well. I'll play it soon!

I've been uploading some other levels, but have been neglecting to write down the codes for it. I suck at being the OP One was called "Climb Mario." Watch out for the Koopa at the start!

I saw your comments on Miiverse, Water Mage and Jedi! Thanks so much, I'm glad you liked my coin messages. :3

Now that I've played some of you guys' levels though, I can see how my Ike one seems sorta bland now... You guys are so much more creative than I am. xP

I saw your comments on Miiverse, Water Mage and Jedi! Thanks so much, I'm glad you liked my coin messages. :3

Now that I've played some of you guys' levels though, I can see how my Ike one seems sorta bland now... You guys are so much more creative than I am. xP

Just be bold!

Don't be afraid to create crazy stages, and feel free to take inspiritation from other people's stages!

Here's some more levels.

This is an easy to moderately hard castle that I made: 2678-0000-0027-A061.

This one is reminiscent of the Ghost Houses of Super Mario World, but with my own cruelty thrown into the mix: E593-0000-0029-B4AD.

This one is a really cruel one by my younger brother: DA78-0000-0029-84DD

And this level is the perfect way to kick back after too many hard Mario levels: 97A1-0000-0025-27E7.

Also, I really think regarding SF members trying each others levels, that we should be generous with giving stars so we can help each other increase our level upload limit. Well, it's not like we'll make it mandatory, but I feel we should help each other out.

Edited by Randoman

Here's the ID for my first uploaded level: D6FD-0000-0018-7E8A.

Tried out PowerMaster's Level, and defeated it with 1 life lost.

"Marth in Mario's World"
Lot of tricky jumps, pretty neato. Only complaint is the level felt really claustrophobic at times.

3745-0000-0015-6CED is the ID for my first level.

"My first course!"
Not bad. I see you enjoyed playing the player a few times in this level.

Here's mine, it's nothing special, and pretty small, but I hope you enjoy it:

6F0E-0000-0019-AAFC

"Yoshi vs Bowser"
That was actually pretty fun! Nice boss fight.

95F3-0000-0019-4DCD

Better get your flying skills ready.

"Things Flying"
I actually see quite a bit of these levels and they're really interesting, good work.

here's my creation: 7364-0000-0012-BCAA

"Simulation"
Wall Jump simulation? At least, that seemed to be the theme of the level.

My next level ID isn't the Armada one as I promised sorry but instead is one simply called "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" 60AC-0000-001B-496C. If that doesn't work, replace the first zero with an O because I can never tell.

"Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"
At first I was really confused, then I saw the lift. I honestly thought I had to like jump across the thwomps or something? That was pretty cool though.

Here's my new stage:

F715-0000-0021-ACB5

It's called Underwater Tunnel,

and it's a bit...crowded.

"Underwater Tunnel"
Yeah that was a bit crowded. Is it possible to get through the level without being hit?

18C9-0000-0021-A37D: Jungle of Piranha: Fire (Flower) Quest. As the title implies, there's Piranha Plants and Venus Fire Traps everywhere. Also, Latikus fly in the sky. The difficulty starts low enough, but it gets really hard later on.

E5BD-0000-0018-1C54: Semi-Kaizo Mario: One-Block Jump: It's short, but the jumps can be annoying and there's one-block platforms galore.

I made both of the levels above. They aren't exactly easy!

"Jungle of the Piranha: Fire Quest"
Piranha Plants, Venus Fly Traps, and Lakitus everywhere indeed. 2Hard4Me.
"Semi-Kaiso Mario: One-Block Jump"
I'd actually consider this to be much less of a Kaizo-type level than the above.

Here's two levels that my brothers made.

This one is quite easy and basic: ED05-0000-001C-4095

This one is somewhat difficult, but I'd say it's difficulty is moderate overall: ED05-0000-001C-4095.

And I decided to make a course that's specifically meant to teach beginners the mechanics of Mario. It may sound kind of pointless, but after reading Miyamoto's level design philosophy on World 1-1 and how the very first part teaches good and bad (eg: mushroom = good, goomba = bad), I thought I'd give a tutorial level a try myself, for the fun of it.

Tell me what you think of it and if it's a good Mario beginner stage or not: B055-0000-0024-6EFB

"ED05-0000-001C-4095"
I couldn't actually get this one to work.
"Designed To Teach Mario Basics"
Overall this was very good. I think the Mystery Mushrooms were sort of out of place for 'basics', though.

Vertical SMB Castle: 0DF0-0000-001A-461F (Medium-Hard)

Autoscroll SMB3 Airship: DBFC-0000-001A-C2A1 (Hard)

"Pasaje Peligroso en el Castillo"

Not too bad, challenging yet not insane, and short and sweet.
"Balas y Explosiones"
Reminded me very much of an actual SMB3 Airship level, except for the giant Bowser anyway.

I've created that Ike-themed level I mentioned before! It's called Level Ike. Here's the code: 04BB-0000-0025-1A68

It's not really hard, I think. lol But I tried not to make it too easy either. Besides, you can find a few challenges in this:

- Grab the first hidden Ike mushroom you find and try to complete the level without losing it. (There are two Ike mushrooms total.)

- Grab every coin from the coin messages (I've tested this out already, don't worry, it's fully possible).

- At the end of the course, try hitting the green Koopa trapped with a bunch of Goombas and Spinies without losing your Ike costume/dying.

- Try to do all of the above in one go!

There's also a hidden 1-up mushroom. Seek that out too, if you'd like! And of course, there's jumping to the tip top of the flag pole, every Mario player tries that, right? ;P

"Ike Level"

A rather tame and cute level, compared to a lot of levels that try to rip your spine out and stab your stomache with it, it was relaxing. Also the coin messages were cute, and the optional challenges were fun.

Water Hazard

3A2E-0000-001F-4E38

You can see my other levels by just clicking on me... I'm still getting used to this quality is a bit hit and miss lol.

My friend Michael likes complex levels lol.

Pipeline Reef

30BF-0000-0019-B5EB

Check his other ones out too.

"Water Hazard"
A fun level of challenging, nice work. I felt like I was playing Mega Man with all of those spikes.
"Bowser's Vanguard"
A really nice Airship level, good going Jedi! The split paths are a nice touch as well.
"Airship Assault"
Make more Airship levels. Please.
"Feathery Test (Basic)"
I'm waay too terrible at the Cape to do this level at all.
"Boing!"
A little test level, I presume? Fun though.
"Pipeline Reef"
I can see he does indeed like complex levels. Fun though!
"Lakitu's Bob-omb Raid"
2hard4me. From what I did see of the level, it was pretty cool.
"Swimming the Jelly"
Pretty decent water level!

My new stage, Oceanic Airship:

66C9-0000-0027-0088

Now that I'm done playing around I will try the stages you guys made.

"Oceanic Airship"
Pretty chill level, and by chill I mean it feels like a standard Mario level. Nice.

I've made another one: B6FE-0000-0027-8B55

Hopefully this one should be able to be beaten by you guys....

"A jump too far?"
Not too difficult actually but what in the hell was that touch fuzzy get dizzy thing at the end?

Here's my new stage The Fallen Angel's Pursuit:

0B31-0000-0029-54C0

I would some serious feedback on it, because I'm not completely satisfied with it, but I like the idea, so I want this stage to improve.

"The Fallen Angel's Pursuit"
I dunno my only real complaint is that you couldn't reach the top of the flagpole, and it was a bit claustophrobic. Pretty great otherwise!

Here's some more levels.

This is an easy to moderately hard castle that I made: 2678-0000-0027-A061.

This one is reminiscent of the Ghost Houses of Super Mario World, but with my own cruelty thrown into the mix: E593-0000-0029-B4AD.

This one is a really cruel one by my younger brother: DA78-0000-0029-84DD

And this level is the perfect way to kick back after too many hard Mario levels: 97A1-0000-0025-27E7.

Also, I really think regarding SF members trying each others levels, that we should be generous with giving stars so we can help each other increase our level upload limit. Well, it's not like we'll make it mandatory, but I feel we should help each other out.

"Steel Structures Castle"
Really decent castle level! I'll be honest, Dry Bones and Bowser messed me up the first time though, they sent me flying right into the lava.
"A Simple Trial by Fire"
2hard4me. Well, more like, I sort of lost my patience with it.
"This better have a 100% clearate"
I'm sorry. This was probably the hardest of all the levels I've played on SF.
Also. What? Your upload limit can be increased?
Edited by Deviddo

That's a good idea, Rando! I do remember reading that more stars means we can upload more levels.

Just be bold!
Don't be afraid to create crazy stages, and feel free to take inspiritation from other people's stages!

Yeah, I do actually want to create a crazy level or two as well, I'm just a little afraid of making it TOO crazy. :P

"Ike Level"

A rather tame and cute level, compared to a lot of levels that try to rip your spine out and stab your stomache with it, it was relaxing. Also the coin messages were cute, and the optional challenges were fun.

True that, it wasn't meant to be crazy like the ones you're describing. lol Glad everyone liked the coin messages! ^^ And that it's a more relaxing level among a bunch of insane ones. :P

Thanks for the reviews and plays Deviddo!

I love Airship levels and I like water stages somewhat I think it shows haha. The multiple path ways are just me being inspired by Sonic's alternate routes, I figured they'd be nice touches.

Water Hazard is indeed a small nod to Bubbleman as well as the first NES TMNT games infamous swimming level lol.

My friend says thanks as well.

Also I'm gonna follow all of you lot, I hope you do the same for me and my friend! So we can all get our stages more notable :D.

Edited by Jedi

Thanks for the in-depth reviews Deviddo!! It's definitely appreciated.

Oh, and the code should've read ED85-0000-001C-4095 for the one you couldn't get working. I'll fix it in my original post.

For that Marth level, I thought I was locked to that level distance until playing in the editor further, so that's why it's claustrophobic.

I guess Mystery Mushrooms are out of place in a tutorial level, and I technically should've used regular mushrooms instead. Though since I also wanted an excuse to upload a level with costume mushrooms, I felt I'd combine the two into one level.

I'm glad you like the Steel Structure Castle level. I was going for a basic yet somewhat difficult castle type level.

Yeah, my brother's lava level was beyond ridiculous and I found Lakitu to be way too accurate with Podoboo's. It didn't help that the Giant Bob-ombs were near a Podoboo as well. But seeing how it was defeated, I figured I might as well upload it since the more levels that are uploaded on my account, the more levels people can try and the more likely I'll get stars that'll increase my upload limit.

Basically, if you get enough stars from people ranking your courses well, you can upload more courses past 10. I don't know the max limit and I haven't had my 10 level limit raised.

By the way, if you manage to defeat the Ghost House level I uploaded, don't spoil how to beat it for the others. I intentionally made it a trollish and tricky level, since it is a Ghost House after all.

Thanks for the in-depth reviews Deviddo!! It's definitely appreciated.

Oh, and the code should've read ED85-0000-001C-4095 for the one you couldn't get working. I'll fix it in my original post.

For that Marth level, I thought I was locked to that level distance until playing in the editor further, so that's why it's claustrophobic.

I guess Mystery Mushrooms are out of place in a tutorial level, and I technically should've used regular mushrooms instead. Though since I also wanted an excuse to upload a level with costume mushrooms, I felt I'd combine the two into one level.

I'm glad you like the Steel Structure Castle level. I was going for a basic yet somewhat difficult castle type level.

Yeah, my brother's lava level was beyond ridiculous and I found Lakitu to be way too accurate with Podoboo's. It didn't help that the Giant Bob-ombs were near a Podoboo as well. But seeing how it was defeated, I figured I might as well upload it since the more levels that are uploaded on my account, the more levels people can try and the more likely I'll get stars that'll increase my upload limit.

Basically, if you get enough stars from people ranking your courses well, you can upload more courses past 10. I don't know the max limit and I haven't had my 10 level limit raised.

By the way, if you manage to defeat the Ghost House level I uploaded, don't spoil how to beat it for the others. I intentionally made it a trollish and tricky level, since it is a Ghost House after all.

"Trek through the tunnel"

That was a fun underground level, nice job! Those trampolines at the end were a nice touch.

"Abandoned Forest Warehouse"

I actually got stumped! I'd have to consult a walkthrough to beat this one. Just like a real Super Mario World Ghost House! No really, good job.

Do you want to try Level Ike too, Rando? I know you're not really big on him, but that code is in this thread too, if you want it. :)

I'm going to play more of this game asap, it's too fun! And I've only made one level so far. :P